PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-04-2019, 11:57 PM #1
jtcraig93
P.E. ETEK 5 & Spyder Xtra

jtcraig93 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Mine was the 2005 Blue Spyder Xtra. Still sling paint with it too! I remember the day when I picked mine up NEW from Walmart. Everyone always asked why I didn't go with Tippman. I always liked the look of the Xtra. Plus the rentals were 98 customs so no thing new there.

Last edited by jtcraig93 : 05-05-2019 at 12:07 AM.
jtcraig93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-06-2019, 02:58 AM #2
pb.blaster

pb.blaster supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtcraig93 View Post
Mine was the 2005 Blue Spyder Xtra. Still sling paint with it too! I remember the day when I picked mine up NEW from Walmart. Everyone always asked why I didn't go with Tippman. I always liked the look of the Xtra. Plus the rentals were 98 customs so no thing new there.
Same. I had that one as well as my first gun. Still have mine also. I always have had a soft spot for spyders and always will. One of my favorite guns tbh. Now that I am older and can now get things I wanted when I was younger, I have bought many other spyders and will prob keep adding to the collection. Actually I need post my whole collection on my instagram. I should get around to that.

Last edited by pb.blaster : 05-06-2019 at 03:02 AM.
pb.blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 06:23 PM #3
Mr. Charlie

My first real Spyder was a SE.

The Camo anodized one with an expansion chamber and double trigger.

I liked that one...

My first marker was a Spyder knock-off - Avalon Diamond GT lol
Dye Whiteout M3s, Dye Black and Silver IM Pro DSR+, MacDev Aqua Camo Clone GTI, and Black Empire Resurrection Pump - Ninja SL2 77/4500 tanks with PowerHouse TKO Tank Regulators - Spyder Sonix with Empire Pure Energy 48/3000 - Jax Shredders - CRBN Paintball - Punisher’s PB
Mr. Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 11:04 PM #4
jtcraig93

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb.blaster View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtcraig93 View Post
Same. I had that one as well as my first gun. Still have mine also. I always have had a soft spot for spyders and always will. One of my favorite guns tbh. Now that I am older and can now get things I wanted when I was younger, I have bought many other spyders and will prob keep adding to the collection. Actually I need post my whole collection on my instagram. I should get around to that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Charlie View Post
My first real Spyder was a SE.

The Camo anodized one with an expansion chamber and double trigger.

I liked that one...

My first marker was a Spyder knock-off - Avalon Diamond GT lol
Forever gone are those days when a kid could get excited to go check out the paintball section at the sporting goods store. Mech markers when I was looking at them in the mid 2000's were the king for my corner of the world. All we played was recball on weekends in cruddy jeans and sleeveless shirts while roasting in the Midwest humidity.

Those Spyder markers always did okay for what you paid for and all it was about was having fun with your equipment.

I sure miss those days of paintball!
Old 05-12-2019, 11:15 AM #5
jtcraig93

Was at my local field and a lady was selling her son's old equipment trying to make an extra couple of dollars.
She had an old 2005 Xtra she was wanting to get rid of. I told her she could easily sell that for $20 but she ended up just dumping the marker not wanting to take it home. Looks like I got another Xtra. Lololol
Old 05-18-2019, 11:46 PM #6
nyplaya513

nyplaya513 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
nyplaya513 supports DLX Technology
nyplaya513 supports Shocker RSX
nyplaya513 supports Ninja Paintball
Spyder tl+....lost it in hurricand sandy....i think i may try to track down another for nostalgia
nyplaya513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 06:31 AM #7
tarsun

Any of the OG grey bodies.

i am a sucker for the grey bodies and i dont even know why. The one i drooled over back in the day was the Spyder SE with the green and black anno'
and now i have a mint SE on the wall. I dont think the person who had it ever actually shot paint through it. lol

The one i droll over now as an adult is the AKA Black Widow (and most VLM stuff). I bought all the pieces from AKA, had the body powder coated, and built my own AKA BW but its just not the same...

The EM-1 and Raven Primal were so far out of league growing up that i never really thought about them. (now i have a java EM-1 and a Primal) lol
tarsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 03:53 PM #8
Dalum
MANG TOMAS IS THE STUFF!

has been a member for 10 years
Hate to dig up an oldish thread but I just recently recovered my account and am playing again since 2006/7. My first Spyder was the elite with the standard vert ASA we all know and love, now a days. That thing went through hell and back and now lives on my wall as my closed bolt Spyder/SpyderCocker.

Sent from my SKR-H0 using Tapatalk
Old 08-19-2019, 09:35 PM #9
jtcraig93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalum View Post
Hate to dig up an oldish thread but I just recently recovered my account and am playing again since 2006/7. My first Spyder was the elite with the standard vert ASA we all know and love, now a days. That thing went through hell and back and now lives on my wall as my closed bolt Spyder/SpyderCocker.

No shame and welcome back!! Glad to see some participating occuring in the Spyder thread itself!
Old 08-21-2019, 10:11 PM #10
Ric0ch3t

Mine was a TL I believe in about 2001. Then I went electric with the purple/blue flash. My very first was a 98. My son turns 13 next month so we are dusting stuff off and getting back to it!
Ric0ch3t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 11:46 AM #11
jtcraig93

Welcome back to it!! Hope your Son and yourself both have a fun time playing Paintball!
Old 08-31-2019, 01:46 AM #12
Dalum
MANG TOMAS IS THE STUFF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalum View Post

Actually, my old brain remembers now... It was a Targa.
Old 09-09-2019, 02:31 AM #13
Nerobro

Nerobro is a Supporting Member
A 1995 Kingman Spyder. Full size, box said it had a brass lined barrel, but I got the later spiral brake ported barrel in the box.

It ended up with a OTP g-1 on the front, a good expansion chamber, a 20oz running antisiphon, a 2 finger trigger, and a shredder up top. I learned a lot with that gun.

That gun was purchased in 1995. My newest spyder is a MR6. Somewhere in the middle I've owned a few other guns. :-) Including a tournament rig that served me very, very well.

Omnipotence ain't all it's cracked up to be.......
Nerobro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 02:13 PM #14
jtcraig93

Loving the memories shared here gang! I'm glad I am not the only one who remembers spyders fondly.
Old 09-14-2019, 10:06 PM #15
unseen

Spyder TL Plus in Silver! My very first Spyder and my very first mech paintball marker. Bought it new in ...2000? 2001? a week after I played paintball for the very first time. Thanks to OtterSC and other Spyder mod websites back then, I modded the crap out of it! Trigger mod, polished sear, polished hammer, LP mod with AKA valve, AKA bolt, madmann spring kit, Palmer Stablizer reg. etc. Originally had it running on Co2 antisiphon tank then switched to a Crossfire 68ci 4500. Friends didn't think these mods would do anything to my TL+ until I let them try it out. It had a super short trigger pull and was noticeably quieter with a little less kick. Everyone was impressed.

I loved it to death until Bob Long released the GZ Intimidator. Lol I ended up letting my ex use the TL+ for a while but then we broke up. She never gave it back...

Last edited by unseen : 09-14-2019 at 10:09 PM.
unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 12:16 PM #16
deadeyelowlife
Devon

deadeyelowlife owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
deadeyelowlife owns a Planet Eclipse - Gtek 170r
deadeyelowlife owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
The old blue and gray Fenix, i loved that gun. Probably put more mods into it that i paid for it.
Etha 2
3x06 Ego
deadeyelowlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 12:20 PM #17
Dalum
MANG TOMAS IS THE STUFF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadeyelowlife View Post
The old blue and gray Fenix, i loved that gun. Probably put more mods into it that i paid for it.
Isn't that what we all do? LOL
Old 09-23-2019, 06:49 PM #18
mnkywitagun

mnkywitagun owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
Spyder e99 green with silver flash.
Old 09-27-2019, 12:29 PM #19
CleverName

As freshmen in highschool my buddy and I both bought Spyder Shutters. He bought the red, I bought the blue. I have no idea what ever became of that, he went the autococker route with a Black Magic 'cocker and I bought an original Matrix (back when it was the Airtech/Diablo E-Matrix).

Always loved my Shutter and have fond memories of playing out at Challenge Park Xtreme with it when they first opened.
Looking to locate an old Marker - Original Diablo Matrix sold in 2003 w/ Freak Barrel, Long KAPP Drop forward, 88ci HPA Tank, Blue Rev Hopper that said "Angel Killer" in old english on it, Dye Sticky Grips. It's a long shot, but worth it.
CleverName is offline   Reply With Quote