Community Focus

Old 01-09-2013, 11:39 AM #1
Mr. Stealthy

has been a member for 10 years
Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
2013 Independence?

I was just seeing if you guys have any news/rumors on a new Independence releasing soon. I still have a soft spot for these guns after having shot one years ago and would like to add one to my collection in the future. I prefer to only purchase products Made in the USA (as much as possible) so the Invasion is not really to my interest as cool as they look. Thanks!
Mr. Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-10-2013, 12:14 PM #2
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

firefoxx04 supports Bob Gurnsey
firefoxx04 plays in the APPA D3 division
firefoxx04 supports DLX Technology
Jack has spoke about it and has brainstormed ideas with us (the thread is somewhere on this page)

sounds like its in the worked, hoseless, oled, 4c eye and that great alien quality.
firefoxx04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:10 PM #3
Mr. Stealthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefoxx04 View Post
Jack has spoke about it and has brainstormed ideas with us (the thread is somewhere on this page)

sounds like its in the worked, hoseless, oled, 4c eye and that great alien quality.
Thanks. I will look into it! Those are all great things I would want on the Independence. I hope he also chooses to continue to make them in the U.S.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:49 PM #4
firl21
Atlanta Overdose

firl21 is playing at Living Legends VI
firl21 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
firl21 has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
firl21 has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I emailed jack earlier this month and got this reply
"No new marker is being made, but there will always be something planned or developed.
The Alien gun hasn't changed significantly in several years. The bolt and valve are interchangeable since 2005.

Some are asking for a more milled version - one that will cost decidedly more to make.
"
#21 Atlanta Overdose

Check us out on facebook

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL PAINTBALL FIELD
Major Azodin Fan
firl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:44 AM #5
Mr. Stealthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by firl21 View Post
I emailed jack earlier this month and got this reply
"No new marker is being made, but there will always be something planned or developed.
The Alien gun hasn't changed significantly in several years. The bolt and valve are interchangeable since 2005.

Some are asking for a more milled version - one that will cost decidedly more to make.
"
Bummer man, thanks. There are a lot of things he could do with the platform (which I am sure he has already considered). Added internal volume, macroless design, possibly enclose the bolt, etc. I do respect the fact that he doesn't pump a gun out twice a year though.

Last edited by Mr. Stealthy : 01-12-2013 at 09:47 AM.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:41 PM #6
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

i think he means no "new" gun. There hasnt really been a "NEW" indy sense 2008. just more refined, better tolerance, etc. Thats how Jack tends to talk, he finds it silly to call it a new gun when its the same tech that he used in 2006, just mode refined.

Something is coming, and its going to have that High End price point

Jack's Facebook page
Quote:
Hey heads up all - we are going to make the price of the Invasion $499 and blow out the last of them. Have all the purple colors in stock - but some have only 3 or 5 in each color - so "Call us While selection lasts" ;-)
Have contacted the web guy so you will see how long it takes to change things in Alien World
Just be patient, its not easy for me to keep my finger off the trigger and buy a luxe or a clone (o wait i already did ) but ill be snagging one when it comes, whatever it is.
Old 01-12-2013, 07:03 PM #7
AnDr3w22

AnDr3w22 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
$499 !?!?!?! How long is this going to last? might have to save up a bit of cash!
AnDr3w22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:43 PM #8
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

he only has a few of each color left
Old 01-18-2013, 02:01 PM #9
dominantgazelle

dominantgazelle is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
How much was the invasion at first?
dominantgazelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:00 PM #10
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
I've seen them on ebay at 449 if jack runs out of his own stock. Quite a few color options there still.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:03 PM #11
matteusz

I prefer the Indy. Lighter ram and think they look better.

Plus they were made in the USA!
matteusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 02:10 PM #12
brianevil09

agreed
brianevil09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:38 AM #13
griffan2
Parabolic Paintball

griffan2 works for a Paintball manufacturer
same rammer, same bolt, same eyes, boards, noids, poppet, cupseal.

invasion is an indy with no macro, a HUGE volume chamber and some extra room in the grip.

New 1 piece Dual-bored barrels out now from Parabolic!

Last edited by griffan2 : 03-20-2013 at 07:25 PM.
griffan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:09 AM #14
asfaraslogic
Professional Hater

I would like to see a flat frontal area like the ego.... Macroless would be nice. Other then that, how do you.change perfection?
asfaraslogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 06:52 PM #15
Thotograph

Kinda went nuts with ideas but... I think it'd be cool to see an Alien that doesn't use a battery... Run the noid's air line to a mechanical-pneumatic switch linked to the trigger and use a hose-less manifold design to replace the solenoid(maybe play with QEV's?). Probably have to keep the macro line... but no battery and board does buy you some space in the grip frame. Also have it use a totally enclosed bolt system.

Call it a rain gun... do some camo schemes for scenario ballers and release it with two- one piece barrels: one with porting and one without. Call it the IndyM or something. It'd be a sweet mix of old school & new school marker design.

Also I recall rumblings of a spool design. I think it could be done whilst keeping the sweep system. You'd just need "rails" for the bolt to ride in so it has a way to stay aligned and release the air below center-line, beyond that you'd just have to devise a bolt system which keeps the airflow nice and calm... just how Jack likes it. Maybe only do a half circle air chamber so the air never has to be "squeezed" into a half moon shaped bolt from the "can"?

That's two different gun ideas we haven't seen. Lastly, this isn't a new idea but it'd be soo cool to see the trap door gun, maybe even a pump model that runs a trap... Also, I've always wondered if the sweep system could be adapted to other platforms... imagine a kit for cockers where you just drop in a different valve and bolt. It could be done.

Old Feedback
Thotograph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 12:28 AM #16
PaintFreak98

PaintFreak98 plays in the PSP
PaintFreak98 is an NCPA player
This doesn't really have much to do with the 2013, but one thing I have always wanted to see is a pump kit for an independence. You unscrew the LPR cap, screw a guide rod where the lpr cap was. Include a bolt with a shortened bolt pin (doesn't hook into the rammer) and have a pump rod hook around the bolt pin and into the pump handle and just put a reasonably strong spring into the pump handle so it doesn't just move around. It will be like a MQ valve cocker pump, but you can use your speedball gun, so you practice one balling with your speedball gun. I know a guy on MCB made one for an ego a while back, if a company made these, it would really set it apart in a market of very similar markers.
PaintFreak98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 04:02 PM #17
lufkon
COGGIN

I don't think high end speedball pump markers have a big market. Look at bob longs Marq pump. I don't see many of those around at all. Most players like pump because its cheaper (use less paint) so why would you want to buy a marker for around 1k or even more.

I'm sure Jack has some good things in store for 2013. I don't think anyone will be disappointed..
Old 03-30-2013, 08:34 PM #18
PaintFreak98

PaintFreak98 plays in the PSP
PaintFreak98 is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by lufkon View Post
I don't think high end speedball pump markers have a big market. Look at bob longs Marq pump. I don't see many of those around at all. Most players like pump because its cheaper (use less paint) so why would you want to buy a marker for around 1k or even more.

I'm sure Jack has some good things in store for 2013. I don't think anyone will be disappointed..
I wasn't talking about a purely high-end pump. I'm talking about a pump kit to convert an alien from a semi to a pump which can be quickly switched from semi to pump and back. Reread my post.
PaintFreak98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 09:28 PM #19
Thotograph

I like the pump kit idea, it'd give the owner the ability to play pump only and speedball in the same day.

Old Feedback
Thotograph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 06:29 AM #20
lufkon
COGGIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintFreak98 View Post
I wasn't talking about a purely high-end pump. I'm talking about a pump kit to convert an alien from a semi to a pump which can be quickly switched from semi to pump and back. Reread my post.
Yup mis read sorry
Old 04-22-2013, 10:21 AM #21
MiaDvs
-Picris

MiaDvs owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
MiaDvs owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
I have to say that after being sponsored by Alien several years ago and shooting Jacks markers he does make an amazing product. If you want my idea i would try and have Jack make a marker like his old remains which was light years ahead of the game. If you look at the paintball market everyone is making spool close bolt guns Vapor, Axe, DM, Luxe, Clone, GT, MArq, Nsight, V-COM, GEO 3. If you think about it something without a macroline, light and thin, not as tall as the last gun Jack made with the sweep bolt system would be amazing if you ask me.

PbNation Feedback: MiaDvs
MiaDvs is offline   Reply With Quote