Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2012, 06:56 PM #862
PBloler
I'm a...

PBloler owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
PBloler is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by azhector
ive seen alot of double bruiser bots, then top and jungle, and probably 70% is a bruiser mid.

multiple bruisers/dive comps make the adc very hard to do your damage in without getting ahead. sure they can take out 1 fairly easy in a teamfight or maybe 2 with good micro, but no way in hell they are working through 3 bruisers at once.
I dont know what elo you are playing at lol. I was joking when i said bruiser support. But 70% bruiser mid? I hope you realize AD caster is very different than bruiser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wizard
Long-time SC2 player just turned to "the dark side" and installed LoL. I take it the tutorials are the best place to start? I know almost nothing about this game. Can anyone recommend a noob-friendly champion or should I just pick based on their name/who looks the coolest?
Welcome! Tutorials are the best place to start for sure, they are much more in depth than they were when I started almost 3 years ago. Worry about finding the champ role you like best after you acclimate to the game.

Last edited by PBloler : 12-15-2012 at 07:01 PM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-15-2012, 07:07 PM #863
azhector

azhector is playing at Living Legends VI
azhector owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
azhector has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
azhector is a top reviewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBloler View Post
I dont know what elo you are playing at lol. I was joking when i said bruiser support. But 70% bruiser mid? I hope you realize AD caster is very different than bruiser.

Welcome! Tutorials are the best place to start for sure, they are much more in depth than they were when I started almost 3 years ago. Worry about finding the champ role you like best after you acclimate to the game.
im talking about melees who are on the tankier side and meta would be top. jax, lee, pant, irelia, etc etc etc.

edit- im smurfing a bit more (lower level account for fun) so if you want you can add me nightstlkr1 and i can try and help you along
Old 12-15-2012, 07:30 PM #864
PBloler
I'm a...

Quote:
Originally Posted by azhector

im talking about melees who are on the tankier side and meta would be top. jax, lee, pant, irelia, etc etc etc.

edit- im smurfing a bit more (lower level account for fun) so if you want you can add me nightstlkr1 and i can try and help you along
Well there are bruisers and there are AD casters, both are melee. Panth is an AD caster.
Old 12-15-2012, 08:24 PM #865
azhector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBloler View Post
Well there are bruisers and there are AD casters, both are melee. Panth is an AD caster.
well you got my point...
like just did olaf vs kat, he turned level 2 and chunked me about 80% in 2 seconds
Old 12-15-2012, 09:51 PM #866
The Wizard
BossPlaya.345

has been a member for 10 years
The Wizard has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
The Wizard has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Won my 1st match as Kassidian (not a fan) by going random. Do I have to play random until I use points to buy champions?

"Originally posted by Menace: my dad works for nasa and has a laser detector that reflects the laser back at the cop and makes his gun explode."

"Originally posted by ClawHammer: STI's are handed down by god himself, NOTHING is faster then an STI."
Old 12-15-2012, 10:11 PM #867
chewie824
Murda Mitten

chewie824 owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
chewie824 owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wizard View Post
Won my 1st match as Kassidian (not a fan) by going random. Do I have to play random until I use points to buy champions?
Nope you can use any of the 8 free champions that rotate on a weekly basis or any champion you own.
Lv1
Emek
Gmek
VF Tactical Cocker
2k2 Angel LCD, Doo Doo Brown Dark LCD, Apollo LCD
Old 12-15-2012, 11:22 PM #868
azhector

Quote:
use the champs that are free that week, try and play them all. this way youll soon learn the types of champs you lean towards which will give you an idea on who youll play. to be honest, you really shouldnt buy many champions until you are like level 15 and you have a decent idea of who you will like and where you want to be
Old 12-16-2012, 12:39 AM #869
The Wizard
BossPlaya.345

I'm liking Ashe the best so far and Urgot is ok. Not a melee fan really. And yeah I was gonna save up my points for a long time cuz it seems like all the decent and popular champions are 6300 and I only have 800

"Originally posted by Menace: my dad works for nasa and has a laser detector that reflects the laser back at the cop and makes his gun explode."

"Originally posted by ClawHammer: STI's are handed down by god himself, NOTHING is faster then an STI."
Old 12-16-2012, 01:20 AM #870
CGD_Justin

CGD_Justin plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
CGD_Justin plays in the APPA D4 division
all champions these days are 6300. just know that price doesnt mean they are good
Rocky Rhoad fan club #1

Cosa Nostra
CEP
Carolina Breakout
Old 12-16-2012, 01:38 AM #871
PBloler
I'm a...

Also you need to save money for tier 3 runes. If I were to start over with the knowledge I have now I would save up for a full rune page (depending on what role you decide to play) and after saving up buy champs that belong to that role. For instance if you like Ashe (the attack damage carry role) save up enough IP to buy a full AD carry rune page then buy more AD carry champs. You can't buy tier 3 runes until lvl 20 but a full page costs about 15,000 IP. A standard AD carry rune page is flat AD marks, flat AD quints, flat armor seals, and magic resist per level glyphs.

TLDR; pick a role save for tier 3 runes because they are expensive as **** and are majorly important

Edit: there are ten free champs every week and at least one of every role so buying champs isn't necessary. Playing only free champs (even if the ones you play are all the same role) can be beneficial so you don't end up wasting IP on a champ you have never played.

Last edited by PBloler : 12-16-2012 at 01:43 AM.
Old 12-16-2012, 02:29 AM #872
DJ Bob (Banned)

Quote:
Long-time SC2 player just turned to "the dark side" and installed LoL. I take it the tutorials are the best place to start? I know almost nothing about this game. Can anyone recommend a noob-friendly champion or should I just pick based on their name/who looks the coolest?
play jax.
Old 12-16-2012, 07:49 AM #873
The Wizard
BossPlaya.345

I wasn't very good with Jax. I preferred the distance attackers that didn't rely on spells too much. Not very good melee because I just get whomped on when I go in for an attack. I was better with Nautilus than Jax. Also, I'm now learning about how there should be a strategy to the items I buy instead of picking whatever I can afford. Another thing: for people that are junglers...why don't players just ambush them all the time? I feel like straying from the lane is dangerous.

This game is cooler than I gave it credit for initially.

Old 12-16-2012, 08:14 AM #874
DJ Bob (Banned)

With jax you need to farm and get items before you attack people and you need to be smart about when you go in. The only long ranged attackers that don't rely on spells are AD carries (farm is very important for them) or maybe someone like Nidalee (here is me pwning brazilian noobs with her last night: http://www.twitch.tv/hafedaddy/b/348516677 ). For what items to buy, lolpro.com is a good place to learn. You're lucky that the recommended items are actually good now, too. Junglers (e.g. Nautilus) are supposed to gank the players in the lane. Ganks are crowd control are what Naut is good for, he doesn't do damage like Jax or Nidalee or a carry. The jungler should have an idea of where the laners are. Some junglers are strong duelists anyway so they aren't too worried about getting amushed (Shyvana, Trundle) but some are weaker (Amumu, Nautilus). The reason they farm the jungle is so the gold isn't wasted, it allows the solo top player to get more exp and gold for himself, and it allows the jungler to roam around the map so the players in lane have to be more careful. But a lot of low-level games don't have a jungler.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:40 AM #875
azhector

Quote:
I wasn't very good with Jax. I preferred the distance attackers that didn't rely on spells too much. Not very good melee because I just get whomped on when I go in for an attack. I was better with Nautilus than Jax. Also, I'm now learning about how there should be a strategy to the items I buy instead of picking whatever I can afford. Another thing: for people that are junglers...why don't players just ambush them all the time? I feel like straying from the lane is dangerous.

This game is cooler than I gave it credit for initially.
naut will naturally be easier to play then jax because he's just a meatwall who helps your team. you could have 0 farm and still be tanky enough to help whereas jax not only needs to be on-par with farm, you need to know when to go in.

there will be junglers who will run into the other's jungle and deny experience and gold from the other (which is especially inpactful because junglers will naturally fall behind) and there will be times where teams will come together and raid the other's jungle for a major buff or wander out of lanes for something important like dragon, but its on the team defending the raid to realize multiple people are leaving their lane and to make a play off it; but the pressure on the map they give is priceless. it stops the other team from getting free turrets, help your lanes by giving them buffs, pressuring lanes for kills/snowballing, and allows 1 lane to have more farm because generally the solo lane is farm reliant (i.e. jax)
Old 12-16-2012, 11:29 AM #876
Impy912

Quote:
I'm liking Ashe the best so far and Urgot is ok. Not a melee fan really. And yeah I was gonna save up my points for a long time cuz it seems like all the decent and popular champions are 6300 and I only have 800
Urgot is ok, and the recent patch/new items may have helped him a bit, but he is still at the bottom of the list of carries, he was nerfed too much
Old 12-16-2012, 02:29 PM #877
DJ Bob (Banned)

urgot isn't even really a carry, more of a ranged bruiser
Old 12-16-2012, 03:15 PM #878
The Wizard
BossPlaya.345

Bought Ashe with my points - only like 475. It gets tiring playing games as a character and I don't know anything about them until I spawn. There's so many different sources that provide all this info that I know is useful but it's way too in depth for my 2nd day playing. So far I've played:

Ashe in tutorial - liked the style
Kassadin - not a fan
Jax - didn't like style
Singed - hated. His W spell is good for assists but I couldn't figure out how to actually DO damage.
Nautilus - Better than Jax and Kass but still not what I'm looking for
Ryze in tutorial - not as good as Ashe but I like the ranged attacking

Based on my opponents selections, Vlad and Twisted Fate might be ok, and Jarvan and Cho'Gath seem cool.

Old 12-16-2012, 03:30 PM #879
AnimalX

AnimalX supports Team VICIOUS
AnimalX has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I have not played LoL in a wile (like almost a year) but im almost done building my pc. Whats all changed?
Old 12-16-2012, 04:14 PM #880
azhector

Quote:
Bought Ashe with my points - only like 475. It gets tiring playing games as a character and I don't know anything about them until I spawn. There's so many different sources that provide all this info that I know is useful but it's way too in depth for my 2nd day playing. So far I've played:

Ashe in tutorial - liked the style
Kassadin - not a fan
Jax - didn't like style
Singed - hated. His W spell is good for assists but I couldn't figure out how to actually DO damage.
Nautilus - Better than Jax and Kass but still not what I'm looking for
Ryze in tutorial - not as good as Ashe but I like the ranged attacking

Based on my opponents selections, Vlad and Twisted Fate might be ok, and Jarvan and Cho'Gath seem cool.
ashe-look into other adc's when they are free (varus, vayne, caitlyn, corki, kog maw, graves, draven, sivir, tristanna) i think trist is still free with youtube subscription or something
kass-very hard to play
Jax-hes fun when you know how to play him
singed-build rod of ages and rylais and just be a tanky little ***** who runs around and is annoying. spam your laugh for bonus points
naut-basic to play so a decent champ to learn the tanky part of the game with
ryze-hes based on abilities and is strong very late in the game, so hes a mix of tank and ap champion because of how is abilities work out
vlad-simple champ, but can be hard to play
twisted fate- a lot of fun imo, another spell based champ like ryze
jarvan-very tanky, ulti is fun to use
cho-pretty strong pick, naturally very tanky so just a rod of ages+tank items makes him practically invincible
Old 12-16-2012, 04:16 PM #881
PBloler
I'm a...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalX
I have not played LoL in a wile (like almost a year) but im almost done building my pc. Whats all changed?
Hey! I didn't know you played LoL before. A lot has changed, the best way to learn is to go through and read all the patch notes since you last played or just play some normals.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:24 PM #882
The Wizard
BossPlaya.345

Oh so you can't have multiple of the same champion on your team? That changes things.

Closed Thread