John
Administrator

Annual Supporting Member
John is an Administrator
 is playing at Living Legends XI
John supports Empire
John is All In
Kick the paintball season off at Bones and Ashes: a Legends Event

Don't miss out! You don't have to pre-register. Just show up and play!

Event Date: March 5-7, 2021

CPX Events Returns to North Carolina! Bones & Ashes, a Legends Event, is a multi-day scenario game featuring detailed storylines and big time tactical action at one of paintball’s most exciting venues; a 50 acre mega park built by some of our Nation’s Heroes.

The guys from CPX are going all out to make sure the 2021 paintball season starts off right. Bones and Ashes is already shaping to be a mega event with an incredible 450+ people pre-registered.

This could well be the next 1,000 person game. If you've ever been to Black Ops Paintball, then you know they have the space for it!

Venue – Black Ops Paintball | N. Carolina | 2112 River Rd, Fayetteville, NC 28312

John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-19-2021, 06:23 AM #2
martix_agent
Mandated fun

martix_agent is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Nope. Covid.
I realize things like this are fun and that cases are going down, but it's irresponsibility such as this that's going to keep it going for longer than it needs to.
Healthcare workers are stressed out, burnt out, and have been pushed to their max for nearly 12 months now. It's disrespectful to them.

Last edited by martix_agent : 02-19-2021 at 06:26 AM.
martix_agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 07:57 AM #3
John
Administrator

Annual Supporting Member
John is an Administrator
 is playing at Living Legends XI
John supports Empire
John is All In
Understandable for sure. Hopefully people who skip this year (for any reason) remember to add it to their calendar for 2022. This has all the makings of a next level game.
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 11:07 AM #4
tomc727
Doc

Annual Supporting Member
tomc727 owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
tomc727 plays in the APPA D4 division
tomc727 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
tomc727 supports Ninja Paintball
tomc727 owns a Planet Eclipse LVR
This is great to see.

Planet Eclipse LV1 & LVR
Planet Eclipse Geo 3.1 & 3.5
Planet Eclipse Aftershock 25th Anniversary 3.5
Planet Eclipse CS1
Planet Eclipse CSR
tomc727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 05:43 PM #5
soccerguy243
Air Force Paintball #19

soccerguy243 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
soccerguy243 supports our troops
soccerguy243 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by martix_agent View Post
Nope. Covid.
I realize things like this are fun and that cases are going down, but it's irresponsibility such as this that's going to keep it going for longer than it needs to.
Healthcare workers are stressed out, burnt out, and have been pushed to their max for nearly 12 months now. It's disrespectful to them.
i agree but a business has to try and stay up and running.

hopefully people are smart in vendor area but thankfully paintball is a natually socially distant game.
VETERAN MILITIAPaintball
soccerguy243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 06:35 PM #6
PBSales

Quote:
Nope. Covid.
Old 02-20-2021, 06:42 PM #7
martix_agent
Mandated fun

martix_agent is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBSales View Post
Deal with it.
Old 02-20-2021, 07:36 PM #8
going_home
Hebrews 13:8

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
going_home owns a Planet Eclipse - Gtek 170r
going_home owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek MG100
going_home owns a Planet Eclipse - M170r
Talking Exactly

Quote:
Deal with it.
We are wide open in Florida.

Thats how we deal with it, if you want to wear a mask have at it, if you dont then dont.

Seems to be a lockdown northeast mentality versus a wide open deep south get outta my face attitude.

Deal with it.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." Thomas Jefferson

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." Mao Zedong
going_home is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 11:23 AM #9
Mr. Stealthy

has been a member for 10 years
Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
Outdoor paintball is one of the safer activities with COVID going on. If people can be packed in like sardines on an airplane, there isn’t much of an argument against even a large game outside in my opinion.
Mr. Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 11:25 AM #10
tomc727
Doc

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stealthy View Post
Outdoor paintball is one of the safer activities with COVID going on. If people can be packed in like sardines on an airplane, there isnít much of an argument against even a large game outside in my opinion.
Boom.

Planet Eclipse LV1 & LVR
Planet Eclipse CS1
Planet Eclipse CSR
Old 03-02-2021, 10:31 AM #11
NaughtyPants
Glipglop

NaughtyPants owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
NaughtyPants supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stealthy View Post
Outdoor paintball is one of the safer activities with COVID going on. If people can be packed in like sardines on an airplane, there isn’t much of an argument against even a large game outside in my opinion.
500,000 Americans are dead as a result of having contracted the Carona virus. Real people that had plans for the future and families. To dismiss this is intellectually dishonest and morally reprehensible.

If people could do the bare minimum consistently we wouldn’t be in our current situation.

Plenty of people have died for the country but it is too much to ask of citizens to stay away from each other and wear a mask. Pathetic.
NaughtyPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 12:14 PM #12
John-Paintball.Media

Annual Supporting Member
John-Paintball.Media is a Paintball photographer
We'll be there, cameras ready to go.....
Old 03-02-2021, 02:54 PM #13
Aardvark_QT
Team Capital Offense

Aardvark_QT owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Aardvark_QT owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
Aardvark_QT owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Aardvark_QT owns a Planet Eclipse CSR
Can't wait to see most of y'all!

Fixer of Pew-Pews so they make better Bang-Bang!
Aardvark_QT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 09:41 AM #14
tomc727
Doc

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaughtyPants View Post
500,000 Americans are dead as a result of having contracted the Carona virus. Real people that had plans for the future and families. To dismiss this is intellectually dishonest and morally reprehensible.

If people could do the bare minimum consistently we wouldn’t be in our current situation.

Plenty of people have died for the country but it is too much to ask of citizens to stay away from each other and wear a mask. Pathetic.
If you are concerned, stay in your basement.

Again, if it’s ok to fly on an airplane, it’s ok to play paintball at a big game.

No one is dismissing Covid. There is a risk in every activity, including driving in a car, crossing a street, and eating. Covid is not an equal opportunity disease. If you are young and healthy, you have a better chance of choking to death while eating lunch at that big game.

If this big game concerns you, stay home. No one is forcing you, or anyone who is still scared of Covid, to do anything against their wishes.

Planet Eclipse LV1 & LVR
Planet Eclipse CS1
Planet Eclipse CSR

Last edited by tomc727 : 03-03-2021 at 09:48 AM.
Old 03-03-2021, 10:42 AM #15
RFP Professor

Annual Supporting Member
I'm an urgent care NP, after having been an ICU nurse for 10 years. I'm ambivalent. On one hand, we should protect ourselves and our society. On the other hand, we can't stay inside forever. I'd say if you've already had Covid-19 or been vaccinated you can go play and not think twice about it. If you've not had it yet, it's an ethically grey area. Personally, the age of Covid has made me borderline insane...given the effects on my mental health, it's hard for me to point fingers and judge people at this point.

Me? I'm vaccinated and going to Bones & Ashes. This game generally has an awesome level of competition. It's been consistently more fun than Fulda Gap for me.
RFP Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 01:17 PM #16
UnholyOsiris

UnholyOsiris is playing at Living Legends Dreaded
UnholyOsiris plays in the APPA D5 division
UnholyOsiris supports DLX Technology
Completely irresponsible to be hosting big games right now. Shame on you.
Old 03-03-2021, 01:26 PM #17
John-Paintball.Media

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnholyOsiris View Post
Completely irresponsible to be hosting big games right now. Shame on you.
Just curious... do you work... have a job or own a business? Because that's what this is. Not sure what you expect, but should everyone just close down their businesses for another year or two? What would be "responsible"? This is one of the safest types of businesses anywhere.... paintball outdoors, in the woods, where no one is within 6 feet of each other hardly ever... masks on.

Or you can just tell people to close their businesses and quit putting food on the table...
Old 03-03-2021, 01:48 PM #18
UnholyOsiris

UnholyOsiris is playing at Living Legends Dreaded
UnholyOsiris plays in the APPA D5 division
UnholyOsiris supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by John-Paintball.Media View Post
Just curious... do you work... have a job or own a business? Because that's what this is. Not sure what you expect, but should everyone just close down their businesses for another year or two? What would be "responsible"? This is one of the safest types of businesses anywhere.... paintball outdoors, in the woods, where no one is within 6 feet of each other hardly ever... masks on.

Or you can just tell people to close their businesses and quit putting food on the table...
The gameplay is safe I agree with you there. But be real man, no one is taking covid seriously off the field and in the pits. Everyone is still vaping and high fiving all over each other. If you are cool with putting your clients in the grave, have at it man.
Old 03-03-2021, 02:23 PM #19
tomc727
Doc

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
The gameplay is safe I agree with you there. But be real man, no one is taking covid seriously off the field and in the pits. Everyone is still vaping and high fiving all over each other. If you are cool with putting your clients in the grave, have at it man.
If you feel this is irresponsible, then you are free to stay home. Businesses are destroyed, lives lost to depression, substance abuse, unemployment, alcoholism, and no school. Why don't you tell us what businesses should do, because YOU feel it's irresponsible. How much longer should be stay locked down? Until next year? When would YOU feel safe. If YOU don't feel safe, stay home, stay in your basement.

Vaccines have been rolled out in record time, case numbers dramatically down. It's ok to reopen.

Everyone can remember 15 days to flatten the curve...now going on 365 days.

Though honestly, I think you are a troll. High-five to you for winning the drama award.

Planet Eclipse LV1 & LVR
Planet Eclipse CS1
Planet Eclipse CSR

Last edited by tomc727 : 03-03-2021 at 02:28 PM.
Old 03-03-2021, 02:47 PM #20
PBSales

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomc727 View Post
If you feel this is irresponsible, then you are free to stay home. Businesses are destroyed, lives lost to depression, substance abuse, unemployment, alcoholism, and no school. Why don't you tell us what businesses should do, because YOU feel it's irresponsible. How much longer should be stay locked down? Until next year? When would YOU feel safe. If YOU don't feel safe, stay home, stay in your basement.

Vaccines have been rolled out in record time, case numbers dramatically down. It's ok to reopen.

Everyone can remember 15 days to flatten the curve...now going on 365 days.

Though honestly, I think you are a troll. High-five to you for winning the drama award.
If that dude took drama in school I bet he got straight A's. The good news is, he won't be at the game. Have fun guys.
Old 03-03-2021, 03:28 PM #21
John-Paintball.Media

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
I'm cool with people trying to make a living and I'm cool with people that realize we've been wearing masks and staying inside for a year and there's no tangible proof that any of it works. Covid is real and it sucks but let's allow grown adults to make their own decisions on how they handle it. Is that ok with you?

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.