Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyNews Ups
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2020, 08:58 PM #1
neweraballer76
40oz Casualty
 
neweraballer76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: 618
 has been a member for 10 years
neweraballer76 plays in the PSP
neweraballer76 supports Team VICIOUS
neweraballer76 plays in the APPA D3 division
Matt Jackson to Impact

Announced on Greenspan and Spikas YouTube.
__________________
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

DIRTLIFE
neweraballer76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-07-2020, 09:25 PM #2
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll
 
Trevor the great's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Chi-Raq
Lol!
__________________
Trevor the Great Nostradamus
Very well behaved and neat guy overall. I am no longer the PBN troll. Some fool named bargainz took the crown from me.
Trevor the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 10:04 PM #3
dubv187
Inglewood
 
dubv187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Charlotte, NC
 has been a member for 10 years
dubv187 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dubv187 is an NCPA player
Wow. RIP AC Dallas. Wonder who impact is going to cut/who is leaving.
__________________
WEST VIRGINIA MOUNTAINEERS
ALL CANADIANS FOR LIFE
dubv187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 10:20 PM #4
Blackrain7557
Most negative person ever
 
Blackrain7557's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
 has been a member for 10 years
Blackrain7557 owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
On the same podcast apparently Ryan Hall may go to Revo
Blackrain7557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 10:43 PM #5
Ca$$Money
YEAH MONEY!
 
Ca$$Money's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: LA
 has been a member for 10 years
So is AC no more? Will Diesel and AC merge?
Ca$$Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 10:45 PM #6
TreyBall209
 
 
TreyBall209's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
TreyBall209 plays in the PSP
TreyBall209 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
TreyBall209 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
TreyBall209 supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackrain7557 View Post
On the same podcast apparently Ryan Hall may go to Revo
No way. Heat, Ironmen, or Infamous for Ryan Hall. Most of my $ is on Heat.
TreyBall209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 10:45 PM #7
Blackrain7557
Most negative person ever
 
Blackrain7557's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
 has been a member for 10 years
Blackrain7557 owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ca$$Money View Post
So is AC no more? Will Diesel and AC merge?
Paintball Fit has the players and talent and time to rebuild Dallas if they wanted to. Couple of us locals were thinking their D2 line could possibly step up. But that's just a few of us BS'ing.
Blackrain7557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 11:33 PM #8
Oc_rage
Guess who's back?
 
Oc_rage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: —W
Oc_rage is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
wuuuuuuuuuuut

man they are taking that loss to Diesel very hard.
__________________
DONATE TO PBN!!
My Feedback
Oc_rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 11:45 PM #9
paintballer3
 
 
paintballer3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: WI
 has been a member for 10 years
paintballer3 helped look for balloons
paintballer3 posts videos on PbNation
Nxl Instagram just annoyed tryouts for AC Dallas.
paintballer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 01:53 AM #10
Lazzrus
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
 has been a member for 10 years
I can’t blame him for leaving for presumably good money. However it’s just another reason to hate impact. The NXL really should come up with a salary cap of some sort. Having Dallas and Diesel as decent teams that could spoil one of the top teams is what makes the NXL exciting
Lazzrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 08:24 AM #11
dubv187
Inglewood
 
dubv187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Charlotte, NC
 has been a member for 10 years
dubv187 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dubv187 is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazzrus View Post
I canít blame him for leaving for presumably good money. However itís just another reason to hate impact. The NXL really should come up with a salary cap of some sort. Having Dallas and Diesel as decent teams that could spoil one of the top teams is what makes the NXL exciting
Yeah that would be nice. I highly doubt it will ever happen tho. Sarge and Bart are really the only 2 owners that it would apply to and they own a share of the league. And probably over half of the teams have zero salaries to begin with.
__________________
WEST VIRGINIA MOUNTAINEERS
ALL CANADIANS FOR LIFE
dubv187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 09:15 AM #12
chevota
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
 has been a member for 10 years
chevota owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Interesting and would be a great pick up for Impact, but didn't this same rumor come out at the end of last season as well?

If true, this opens the question to who is leaving Impact this off season?

Wonder if ARod is coming back next season with Impact?

Is Brandon going to take some time off after reinjuring his shoulder again?

Last edited by chevota : 12-08-2020 at 09:21 AM.
chevota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 09:28 AM #13
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?
 
tweeter4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Pennsylvania
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
tweeter4 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
tweeter4 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazzrus View Post
I can’t blame him for leaving for presumably good money. However it’s just another reason to hate impact. The NXL really should come up with a salary cap of some sort. Having Dallas and Diesel as decent teams that could spoil one of the top teams is what makes the NXL exciting
To be honest, this may not even really be money related as much as it is him being tired of never quite getting to that last step to win. He has spent what, like 5 seasons trying to win with Dallas and he has come up with so many podiums but they never could assemble the depth to get them that win. He is probably just fatigued of losing and doesnt see anything changing. After seeing TJ leave does he really have any reason to stay, that move only makes them worse.

You have to think Jackson is sitting there thinking that he just watched Diesel get a pro spot with a deep roster of athletic attackers, all while his team consistently was missing that attacker on both sides. GPs desire for two pro programs rather than integrating to build a super roster may be that programs death blow.


Quote:
Originally Posted by chevota View Post
Interesting and would be a great pick up for Impact, but didn't this same rumor come out at the end of last season as well?
If true, this opens the question to who is leaving Impact this off season?

Wonder if ARod is coming back next season with Impact?

Is Brandon going to take some time off after reinjuring his shoulder again?
I wonder the same thing. Impact is getting to the point that they just have way too many mouths to mean, at this point with their roster they could field two legitimate top level pro teams out of just their roster alone. I would imagine the bottom of the chart guys will walk to go take on big roles on teams like AC, Revo, Infamous, who are just a piece or two away from being top 3 teams consistently.
__________________

where were you, the day the forums died.
tweeter4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 09:52 AM #14
Legacy
Tractor Engineer
 
Legacy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Waterloo, Ia
Legacy is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
What is going on with AC Dallas? Did Pauley crop dust the pit one too many times?
__________________
Iowa State Cyclones Paintball Alumni
Legacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 10:06 AM #15
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll
 
Trevor the great's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Chi-Raq
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazzrus View Post
I can’t blame him for leaving for presumably good money. However it’s just another reason to hate impact. The NXL really should come up with a salary cap of some sort. Having Dallas and Diesel as decent teams that could spoil one of the top teams is what makes the NXL exciting
I actually disagree with a salary cap, because that’s going to prevent some players from getting paid, which has been a long time goal in this sport. Did we count on bart yachimac to do the right and decent thing and Only go after 1 or 2 golden Barrel winners instead of all of them??? Absolutely. It is what it is, the guy has made a mockery of the pro nxl division. that’s why I’m happy for dynasty, X factor and even the Russians, because those guys do it for the love of the game, and don’t have to buy out every top player from every team. impact hasn’t produced for nearly 2 years, let’s make it three!!!!
__________________
Trevor the Great Nostradamus
Very well behaved and neat guy overall. I am no longer the PBN troll. Some fool named bargainz took the crown from me.
Trevor the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 10:23 AM #16
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?
 
tweeter4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Pennsylvania
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
tweeter4 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
tweeter4 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor the great View Post
I actually disagree with a salary cap, because that’s going to prevent some players from getting paid, which has been a long time goal in this sport. Did we count on bart yachimac to do the right and decent thing and Only go after 1 or 2 golden Barrel winners instead of all of them??? Absolutely. It is what it is, the guy has made a mockery of the pro nxl division. that’s why I’m happy for dynasty, X factor and even the Russians, because those guys do it for the love of the game, and don’t have to buy out every top player from every team. impact hasn’t produced for nearly 2 years, let’s make it three!!!!
Impact is not producing because their roster is comprised of all role players right now other than Jrab. Jrab is the only guy on that roster that is a total killer and top level player. Raney was too before they let him walk. Every other guy is just a "do a job" type guy, and as we have seen with AC Dallas, that strategy does not work.

Then you have guys like Spicka that command tons of playing time and dont produce. Everywhere he goes he doesn't do anything but somehow is always regarded as a top 5-7 player. Other than Dynasty in like 2013, where has Spicka been that he has done anything? I dont understand it. Meanwhile you have guys like LJ Parrish or Ryan Hall who are utter monsters and they get no credit and are never in that top player conversation.
__________________

where were you, the day the forums died.
tweeter4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 11:34 AM #17
paintballer3
 
 
paintballer3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: WI
 has been a member for 10 years
paintballer3 helped look for balloons
paintballer3 posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeter4 View Post
Impact is not producing because their roster is comprised of all role players right now other than Jrab. Jrab is the only guy on that roster that is a total killer and top level player. Raney was too before they let him walk. Every other guy is just a "do a job" type guy, and as we have seen with AC Dallas, that strategy does not work.

Then you have guys like Spicka that command tons of playing time and dont produce. Everywhere he goes he doesn't do anything but somehow is always regarded as a top 5-7 player. Other than Dynasty in like 2013, where has Spicka been that he has done anything? I dont understand it. Meanwhile you have guys like LJ Parrish or Ryan Hall who are utter monsters and they get no credit and are never in that top player conversation.
I really believe that in paintball you grind your *** off to make pro, then you are a low guy on roster. So you say, ďI will put in even more work and do anything that the team needs.Ē Then you begin starting and becoming a super star. Then you drop off the hard work because you are already there. You become sloppy because screw it I am a superstar.

The true long term pros never leave that grind phase because they realize all of these kids are gunning for your spot. Nick Slowiaks, Ryan Greenspan, Federoff...

Impact became great because the picked up a bunch of kids right before they had that jump to starting but still working hard.
paintballer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 11:45 AM #18
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll
 
Trevor the great's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Chi-Raq
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeter4 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor the great View Post
I actually disagree with a salary cap, because that’s going to prevent some players from getting paid, which has been a long time goal in this sport. Did we count on bart yachimac to do the right and decent thing and Only go after 1 or 2 golden Barrel winners instead of all of them??? Absolutely. It is what it is, the guy has made a mockery of the pro nxl division. that’s why I’m happy for dynasty, X factor and even the Russians, because those guys do it for the love of the game, and don’t have to buy out every top player from every team. impact hasn’t produced for nearly 2 years, let’s make it three!!!!
Impact is not producing because their roster is comprised of all role players right now other than Jrab. Jrab is the only guy on that roster that is a total killer and top level player. Raney was too before they let him walk. Every other guy is just a "do a job" type guy, and as we have seen with AC Dallas, that strategy does not work.

Then you have guys like Spicka that command tons of playing time and dont produce. Everywhere he goes he doesn't do anything but somehow is always regarded as a top 5-7 player. Other than Dynasty in like 2013, where has Spicka been that he has done anything? I dont understand it. Meanwhile you have guys like LJ Parrish or Ryan Hall who are utter monsters and they get no credit and are never in that top player conversation.
I actually think that arturo guy dynasty picked up is just as good, if not slightly better then Spicka. I’ve seen kyle produce quite a few times lately, he just seems to be inconsistent sometimes.

Also, now that we don’t really see many ladder snakes anymore, mouse doesn’t seem as dominant
__________________
Trevor the Great Nostradamus
Very well behaved and neat guy overall. I am no longer the PBN troll. Some fool named bargainz took the crown from me.
Trevor the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 11:53 AM #19
dubv187
Inglewood
 
dubv187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Charlotte, NC
 has been a member for 10 years
dubv187 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dubv187 is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeter4 View Post
Impact is not producing because their roster is comprised of all role players right now other than Jrab. Jrab is the only guy on that roster that is a total killer and top level player. Raney was too before they let him walk. Every other guy is just a "do a job" type guy, and as we have seen with AC Dallas, that strategy does not work.

Then you have guys like Spicka that command tons of playing time and dont produce. Everywhere he goes he doesn't do anything but somehow is always regarded as a top 5-7 player. Other than Dynasty in like 2013, where has Spicka been that he has done anything? I dont understand it. Meanwhile you have guys like LJ Parrish or Ryan Hall who are utter monsters and they get no credit and are never in that top player conversation.
Losing Rainey was huge. Dude is spectacular and can play any role.
But I do agree it seems like they need another guy that can play any position pretty well to get back to where they were. On AC Jackson was that kind of guy.

Seems like the Ironmen's snake presence improved a good bit once Spicka left and Dynasty replaced him fairly easily.
__________________
WEST VIRGINIA MOUNTAINEERS
ALL CANADIANS FOR LIFE

Last edited by dubv187 : 12-08-2020 at 12:03 PM.
dubv187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 12:30 PM #20
Legacy
Tractor Engineer
 
Legacy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Waterloo, Ia
Legacy is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubv187 View Post
Losing Rainey was huge. Dude is spectacular and can play any role.
But I do agree it seems like they need another guy that can play any position pretty well to get back to where they were. On AC Jackson was that kind of guy.

Seems like the Ironmen's snake presence improved a good bit once Spicka left and Dynasty replaced him fairly easily.
Spicka is so streaky it drives me nuts. He'll go off and shoot 3 guys one point and then he'll get blasted off the break 5 points in a row.
__________________
Iowa State Cyclones Paintball Alumni
Legacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 12:50 PM #21
Oc_rage
Guess who's back?
 
Oc_rage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: —W
Oc_rage is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor the great View Post
the Russians, because those guys do it for the love of the game, and donít have to buy out every top player from every team. impact hasnít produced for nearly 2 years, letís make it three!!!!
The Russians get paid to play. They were the first team to get salaries for playing which is why they can and do play 5+ days a week. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe they even got support from their government?
__________________
DONATE TO PBN!!
My Feedback
Oc_rage is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups


Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump