tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
tweeter4 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
tweeter4 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
2020 Iron City Classic (ICC) Cancelled due to COVID concerns

The 2020 event has been cancelled per the ICC Facebook. It was additionally announced that it was cancelled due to a moral obligation the organizers felt they had to keep the community safe due to the fact that Tim had in fact passed away from Covid19. Really sad how everything has transpired the last few days and my thoughts go out to Tim's entire family and friends.

If you want to donate to the memorial fund in Tim's name visit the Tim Montressor Memorial Fund Page

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell Jackson of ICC
Iron City Classic will live on, in the spirit of which Tim Montressor created and fostered.

However, due to the nature of Tim's passing and the potential risk to our community, we will be canceling the 2020 event. Please take a few moments to watch & hear about 2021.

Team captains or members that paid entry fees for 2020 season will have three options:
1) Entry and spot may be carried over to the 2021 event.
2) Entry fee split donation*
3) Entry Fee refund & spot forfeiture

* 50% of your paid entry will be sent to the Tim Montressor memorial fund and 50% of your entry fee will be retained and will be used in the maintenance and promotion of ICC future events. A team spot IS NOT held with this option.*

Video is here: https://www.facebook.com/ironcitycla...2471340943778/

Last edited by tweeter4 : 06-26-2020 at 02:46 PM.
tweeter4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-26-2020, 03:23 PM #2
Paul77
Can't find my old account

Annual Supporting Member
Paul77 supports DLX Technology
This year has been a mess, and I’m not shocked to hear this. It’s to bad but it’s a necessary deed.

The fee options sound fair and I can most people just using it for next year.

All my weird random paintball parts for sale on eBay feel free to PM me offers on here.

NIB Black Grill Visor Kit, pm me
Paul77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 03:29 PM #3
Legacy
Tractor Engineer

Legacy is a founding member
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
That's the first I've heard that Tim died from Covid. This year sucks.
Old 06-26-2020, 03:45 PM #4
ecapox
I should but I don't

Annual Supporting Member
ecapox is playing at Living Legends Dreaded
ecapox owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ecapox has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
That's the first I've heard that Tim died from Covid. This year sucks.
I think you don't necessarily die FROM it but due to other complications when you have it.

Sad.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Old 06-26-2020, 04:38 PM #5
Spikerz

Annual Supporting Member
Spikerz owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
Spikerz supports Ninja Paintball
Spikerz owns a Planet Eclipse CSR
Maybe it's meant as he passed very quickly and unexpectedly, and not COVID related. This may be one of those times where the English languages ability to have subtle meanings is causing issues?
Old 06-26-2020, 05:35 PM #6
yeahthatsme
Do Work Son

Annual Supporting Member
yeahthatsme supports Team VICIOUS
yeahthatsme plays in the APPA beginner division
yeahthatsme supports Ninja Paintball
They also posted a video and said he died due to complications caused by covid.

Broseidon, King of the Brocean
yeahthatsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 06:51 PM #7
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?

Annual Supporting Member
tweeter4 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
tweeter4 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikerz View Post
Maybe it's meant as he passed very quickly and unexpectedly, and not COVID related. This may be one of those times where the English languages ability to have subtle meanings is causing issues?
Russell confirmed it was Covid in the video
Old 06-26-2020, 10:00 PM #8
TreyV
Reality based citizen.

Annual Supporting Member
TreyV is a Supporting Member
TreyV is a founding member
TreyV is BST Legit
TreyV supports Team VICIOUS
TreyV is Boss
TreyV supports Ninja Paintball
Sadly I am not surprised it was Covid after someone mentioned it was likely an aneurysm. More and more doctors are concluding Covid-19 is as much a circulatory disease as a respiratory disease. Breathing problems are just the most immediate issue that presents. Those surviving bad cases have shown liver damage, strokes and a range of circulatory issues variously involving clotting. And mind boggling exhaustion. My wife's coworker and friend in her thirties caught it and it was a beat down even with her moderate case. Im talking crawling up the stairs and taking all day to take a shower. Another bit older coworker fought it at home for a week before winding up in the ER narrowly avoiding being intubated (and being too delirious to remember it later and reading it in her chart.)

Seriously people, you don't want to try your luck with Covid. Wear a damn mask in public and keep your distance, especially indoors.
TreyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 08:57 AM #9
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikerz View Post
So I was talking to my doctor, and he said that they’re thinking this virus can occasionally trigger blood clots. I know someone mentioned that tim went to the hospital with a severe headache, so maybe that’s what happened
Old 07-02-2020, 11:40 AM #10
mDub TK

mDub TK is a Professional paintball player
 plays in the NXL 2
mDub TK plays in the APPA D1 division
Maybe time to update your PBnation signature, @Trevor_the_great ?
mDub TK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 02:18 PM #11
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by mDub TK View Post
Maybe time to update your PBnation signature, @Trevor_the_great ?
Man that was from like 5 years ago. Good call.
Old 07-04-2020, 11:30 AM #12
ndcody

ndcody is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor the great View Post
So I was talking to my doctor, and he said that they’re thinking this virus can occasionally trigger blood clots. I know someone mentioned that tim went to the hospital with a severe headache, so maybe that’s what happened

I don't know why you would talk or listen to a doctor, this guy here knows more than the infectious disease expects!

Quote:
Most of those deaths aren’t even real
https://www.pbnation.com/showthread....#post100240415

Quote:

So hey buddy, if you want to stay inside until that Vicious 0.01% gamble of you dying goes away, from then by all means, go ahead.

And FYI, I know this stuff because it was once my job expose media outlets. I can do better journalism then multi billion dollar media outlets, while sitting in my car. You need to start looking at the randomizes antibody studies that are coming out. Again, John Hopkins does not account for those. They’re going by confirmed covid cases and deaths, do you understand?
https://www.pbnation.com/showthread....#post100240443

Quote:
Nailed it on the dot. For people under 45, this actually has a LOWER mortality rate then the flu does. Which means you have over a 99.9% survival rate if you exclude nursing homes. Older people tend to get vaccinated every year, there’s no vaccine for this which is why you’re seeing it rip through nursing homes like wild fire.
https://www.pbnation.com/showthread....#post100240807
Old 07-04-2020, 09:56 PM #13
WillyW0nka
REGISTERED SEXY OFFENDER

WillyW0nka is a Supporting Member
WillyW0nka plays in the PSP
WillyW0nka supports our troops
Quote:
I would be surprised if COVID was the primary factor. Assuming he tested positive, it would be “COVID related” no matter what the cause of death was.

WillyW0nka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 02:08 AM #14
Mr. Charlie
Dye DSR, M2, M3

Mr. Charlie owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Mr. Charlie owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
It’s already been said it was COVID.

These stupid semantics are killing people...

It’s a Virus that affects the whole body.
Old 07-05-2020, 07:20 AM #15
dak22

dak22 is playing at Living Legends VII
dak22 is playing at Living Legends VIII
dak22 is playing at Living Legends IX
dak22 is playing at Living Legends X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Charlie View Post
It’s already been said it was COVID.

These stupid semantics are killing people...

It’s a Virus that affects the whole body.
Yep

That like saying your cause of death wasn't by HIV/AIDS because you died of a bacterial infection despite having the virus.

IF Tim tested positive for COVID (which seems to be the case but correct me I I'm wrong) and died from complications, the cause of his death is COVID given how the virus works.

Again take it seriously, wear a mask and stay safe.

Last edited by dak22 : 07-05-2020 at 11:10 PM.
dak22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 12:40 PM #16
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcody View Post
Quote:

I don't know why you would talk or listen to a doctor, this guy here knows more than the infectious disease expects!

Quote:
Most of those deaths aren’t even real
https://www.pbnation.com/showthread....#post100240415

Quote:

So hey buddy, if you want to stay inside until that Vicious 0.01% gamble of you dying goes away, from then by all means, go ahead.

And FYI, I know this stuff because it was once my job expose media outlets. I can do better journalism then multi billion dollar media outlets, while sitting in my car. You need to start looking at the randomizes antibody studies that are coming out. Again, John Hopkins does not account for those. They’re going by confirmed covid cases and deaths, do you understand?
https://www.pbnation.com/showthread....#post100240443

Quote:
Nailed it on the dot. For people under 45, this actually has a LOWER mortality rate then the flu does. Which means you have over a 99.9% survival rate if you exclude nursing homes. Older people tend to get vaccinated every year, there’s no vaccine for this which is why you’re seeing it rip through nursing homes like wild fire.
https://www.pbnation.com/showthread....#post100240807
Hello, I hope you had a great 4th of July weekend. Let’s go over the numbers with you for California alone, that the CDC just listed on their website, as well as the California department of health,

Between the ages of 18-35 there are a total of Confirmed 83,608 infections in the state of California, with a total of 64 deaths. And that doesn’t even account for the thousands of cases that have not, or were not reported. So do the math, and that leaves you with a mortality rate of 0.0007%, For that age group.

https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID...Age-Group.aspx

And yes, the deaths are very inflated, as seen in this video. They’ve listed drug overdoses, suicides, homicides, car accidents etc as covid deaths.

https://youtu.be/KJSakjAivbU

And also, the CDC has listed that the overall mortality rate of the virus between all age groups, is 0.02%, which is slightly higher then the flu, as me, and many others were saying back in April, along with doctors and nurses who were censored on YouTube, Facebook and twitter for their findings.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...scenarios.html

Let me know if that helps or if you have anymore concerns. And also I’ve been told tim actually died from an aneurysm, but had tested positive for the virus.

Last edited by Trevor the great : 07-05-2020 at 12:45 PM.
Trevor the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 05:36 PM #17
soccerguy243
Air Force Paintball #19

soccerguy243 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
soccerguy243 supports our troops
soccerguy243 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Hello, I hope you had a great 4th of July weekend. Let’s go over the numbers with you for California alone, that the CDC just listed on their website, as well as the California department of health,

Between the ages of 18-35 there are a total of Confirmed 83,608 infections in the state of California, with a total of 64 deaths. And that doesn’t even account for the thousands of cases that have not, or were not reported. So do the math, and that leaves you with a mortality rate of 0.0007%, For that age group.

And yes, the deaths are very inflated, as seen in this video. They’ve listed drug overdoses, suicides, homicides, car accidents etc as covid deaths.

And also, the CDC has listed that the overall mortality rate of the virus between all age groups, is 0.02%, which is slightly higher then the flu, as me, and many others were saying back in April, along with doctors and nurses who were censored on YouTube, Facebook and twitter for their findings.

Let me know if that helps or if you have anymore concerns. And also I’ve been told tim actually died from an aneurysm, but had tested positive for the virus.
Mortality rate isn't the only thing. Don't forget the virus may cause lasting health effects. Since you listed a YT video here's one as well (sources in video's description). https://youtu.be/mIJYfsOyO4M . There is increasing evidence the virus may affect the brain directly.

Your focus on mortality rate ignores the transmission rate, or R0, which is higher than say the flue Just because you won't die from it cause your young doesn't mean you won't spread it to your parents who are older (or anyone else with risk factors like diabetes)

Also if you have Covid and died... it's what caused you to die. You don't count a person dying in a car crash as a death from diabetes cause he had diabetes. Based on the OP... what caused the complication? covid.

Lastly you list a PLANNING scenario. The current Case Fatality Rate (CFR) on the CDC website as of 5 jul is 4.55% (not the .0002 that you wrote). 129,576 deaths / 2,841,906 deaths. This is not the flu. You can learn about the differences here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szueWSgLHpw or https://youtu.be/qf3Ih0kNvlU

I'm afraid you haven't exposed anything except downplay the seriousness of a GLOBAL pandemic. You are correct: don't hide. But also be aware and practice social distancing/mask wearing/etc. Sadly Montressor was just 36. RIP.

Source: my brother is an MD working the ICU where his is at 100% capacity with 75% of them being COVID.
VETERAN MILITIA

Last edited by soccerguy243 : 07-05-2020 at 05:48 PM.
soccerguy243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 06:44 PM #18
PBSales

Is this MDNation?
PBSales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 09:20 PM #19
dak22

dak22 is playing at Living Legends VII
dak22 is playing at Living Legends VIII
dak22 is playing at Living Legends IX
dak22 is playing at Living Legends X
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBSales View Post
Is this MDNation?
It should be for now when it pertains to COVID

If other sports/hobbies/industries had someone as young and influential for them like Tim dying because of the current global pandemic, you can bet community leaders would be making a big fuss about educating their base properly about the disease.

The fact some people here think dying from complications of COVID "means" not actually dying from COVID says a lot.
dak22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 10:20 PM #20
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerguy243 View Post
Quote:

Mortality rate isn't the only thing. Don't forget the virus may cause lasting health effects. Since you listed a YT video here's one as well (sources in video's description). https://youtu.be/mIJYfsOyO4M . There is increasing evidence the virus may affect the brain directly.

Your focus on mortality rate ignores the transmission rate, or R0, which is higher than say the flue Just because you won't die from it cause your young doesn't mean you won't spread it to your parents who are older (or anyone else with risk factors like diabetes)

Also if you have Covid and died... it's what caused you to die. You don't count a person dying in a car crash as a death from diabetes cause he had diabetes. Based on the OP... what caused the complication? covid.

Lastly you list a PLANNING scenario. The current Case Fatality Rate (CFR) on the CDC website as of 5 jul is 4.55% (not the .0002 that you wrote). 129,576 deaths / 2,841,906 deaths. This is not the flu. You can learn about the differences here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szueWSgLHpw or https://youtu.be/qf3Ih0kNvlU

I'm afraid you haven't exposed anything except downplay the seriousness of a GLOBAL pandemic. You are correct: don't hide. But also be aware and practice social distancing/mask wearing/etc. Sadly Montressor was just 36. RIP.

Source: my brother is an MD working the ICU where his is at 100% capacity with 75% of them being COVID.
Yes the covid transmission rate is 3x higher then influenza. The case fate mortality rate is NOT 4.5 %. You can even just look at case studies to figure that out.

1200 infected on the USS Roosevelt docked in New York....only one death, 4 hospitalized and more then half never developed symptoms. Now, the navy is a younger crowd, so that falls in with the 18-35 age range typically. So let’s look at the meat packaging plants that got infected.

Smithfield: ~1000 infections, 2 deaths.
Triumph: ~500 infections, 1 death.

Workforce IFR, that’s between 0.01-0.02 for those case studies.

And as far as after effects from the virus, you see that in many viruses.

“ Also if you have Covid and died... it's what caused you to die. ”

No, the problem is I personally know someone who hung himself, and was listed as a covid death....what I’m saying is, you can’t go out swimming, get eaten by a shark, have your remains test positive for covid, and then have covid listed as the cause of death. What’s wrong with that picture I just listed? The man clearly died because he was eaten by a shark, not because of his covid infection. The lady clearly said in that video that I listed, “if you were given 3 weeks left to live with cancer, and then you test positive for covid and die 3 weeks later, you will be listed as a covid death.”

So again, this is public knowledge that the deaths are severely inflated, even dr Fauci and Birx have said they’re inflated between 25-35%. Hospitals get more funding when they list covid on death certificates, even when they know covid wasn’t the actual cause of death.

Here’s a better link to the cdc mortality rate

https://www.google.com/amp/s/reason....RITarU8Zt8Fiw&

Also my mom is a nurse near chicago. She said the hospital near the city is nearly at full capacity but every other hospital around the area, is at 50% or lower. Another problem were seeing is now hospitals are facing an increase in patients with no covid symptoms due to avoiding doctor visits. People are avoiding hospital visits when they have chest pain, abdominal pain etc...and it’s turning out they’re having heart attacks
Old 07-06-2020, 12:10 AM #21
yeahthatsme
Do Work Son

Annual Supporting Member
yeahthatsme supports Team VICIOUS
yeahthatsme plays in the APPA beginner division
yeahthatsme supports Ninja Paintball
Why are people engaging with the guy that labels himself the official PBN troll?

Broseidon, King of the Brocean
yeahthatsme is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.