Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-04-2020, 07:55 PM #1
Nighttfall89

Need an Angel a1 inline regulator

Hey everyone! I have a gorgeous A1 that i'd like to restore to functioning condition. It spent about 10 years in my dads gear box. It seems like the only thing wrong is the inline reg, and finding another one has proven challenging - Any help is appreciated
Nighttfall89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-06-2020, 01:10 AM #2
dr.strangelove
The Angel Eye Doctor

has been a member for 10 years
What symptoms are you experiencing that make you think the entire reg needs to be replaced? If you are having performance issues, like inconsistency, drop-off, or pressure creep, you most likely just need a rebuild kit. You would really only need to replace the entire mini-reg cartridge if it has become physically damaged and won't seal.

Finding rebuild kits and spares can be a hassle as well, but if you check on the Angel Owners | OG Facebook group you should probably be able to track down what you need. It's entirely possible that the only thing wrong is seals, in which case an o-ring kit will be enough to get you back in business. If you are experiencing pressure creep or still having problems with inconsistency after new seals are installed, the small piston seal has likely worn out or is missing, and the small piston assembly would need to be replaced.
dr.strangelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 09:13 PM #3
Clues

Clues owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I have one, PMd
Clues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 10:46 PM #4
Mr. Charlie
Dye DSR, M2, M3

Mr. Charlie owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Mr. Charlie owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
I mean if you want to restore it then go ahead but those Angel regulators were not the best in the first place which is why a lot of people changed them out.

That might be something to look into too.