PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-24-2020, 02:28 PM #1
dallas.balla
just nah..

dallas.balla is a Paintball photographer
How much does a pro paintball player get paid today?

Just out of curiosity - how much money do pro paintball players get payed these days? I do not need specific names, maybe just what the top tier players usually make and what the lower tier players make.

Assuming they actually get payed. Honestly not sure..
Advertisement
Old 01-24-2020, 02:36 PM #2
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll

The players who get paid make About as much as you can make bar tending or waiting tables.

Players on impact and heat are probably making between 20-40k through sponsors, gear, clinics and checks. Could be more but I can’t imagine bart or sarge paying over 50k for one player.

And yes, when I used to deliver pizzas, I was making between 600-800$ straight cash a week full time. Which is about equivalent to 45-55k salary after taxes...So I do stand by my words, “as much pizza drivers make”.

Last edited by Trevor the great : 01-24-2020 at 02:46 PM.
Trevor the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 02:51 PM #3
dallas.balla
just nah..

dallas.balla is a Paintball photographer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor the great View Post
The players who get paid make About as much as you can make bar tending or waiting tables.

Players on impact and heat are probably making between 20-40k through sponsors, gear, clinics and checks. Could be more but I canít imagine bart or sarge paying over 50k for one player.

And yes, when I used to deliver pizzas, I was making between 600-800$ straight cash a week full time. Which is about equivalent to 45-55k salary after taxes...So I do stand by my words, ďas much pizza drivers makeĒ.
Damn man that's a lot for delivering pizza lol
Old 01-24-2020, 08:13 PM #4
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?

has been a member for 10 years
 plays in the NXL
tweeter4 posts videos on PbNation
tweeter4 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
The top tier level guys in terms of pay scale, meaning the Impact, Heat, Dye, and Infamous guys probably get $15,000-$20,000 in cash on the top end for 5 events plus probably 10 official team practices in that time frame. If you think about that, it isnt too bad consider they only spend around 15-20 days a year at events and 10-15 days at official practices.

$20,000/35 days = 500-600 a day when playing paintball.

Quote:

Players on impact and heat are probably making between 20-40k through sponsors, gear, clinics and checks. Could be more but I canít imagine bart or sarge paying over 50k for one player.

And yes, when I used to deliver pizzas, I was making between 600-800$ straight cash a week full time. Which is about equivalent to 45-55k salary after taxes...So I do stand by my words, ďas much pizza drivers makeĒ.
800 x 52 = 41,000

$41,000 x 22% = $32,488

Your math is way off. lol
tweeter4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 10:56 AM #5
soccerguy243
Air Force Paintball #19

soccerguy243 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
soccerguy243 supports our troops
soccerguy243 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeter4 View Post

800 x 52 = 41,000

$41,000 x 22% = $32,488

Umm... actually:

800*52 = 41,600
41,600*0.22 = 9,152
VETERAN MILITIA

Last edited by soccerguy243 : 01-25-2020 at 11:01 AM.
soccerguy243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 11:22 AM #6
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

firefoxx04 supports Bob Gurnsey
firefoxx04 plays in the APPA D3 division
firefoxx04 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerguy243 View Post
Umm... actually:

800*52 = 41,600
41,600*0.22 = 9,152
he did the subtraction for you
firefoxx04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 11:22 AM #7
dannypizza

Quote:

Players on impact and heat are probably making between 20-40k through sponsors, gear, clinics and checks. Could be more but I can’t imagine bart or sarge paying over 50k for one player.

And yes, when I used to deliver pizzas, I was making between 600-800$ straight cash a week full time. Which is about equivalent to 45-55k salary after taxes...So I do stand by my words, “as much pizza drivers make”.
can also attest, I bought a pizzeria by delivering pizza lol
dannypizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 01:21 PM #8
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll

Quote:
The top tier level guys in terms of pay scale, meaning the Impact, Heat, Dye, and Infamous guys probably get $15,000-$20,000 in cash on the top end for 5 events plus probably 10 official team practices in that time frame. If you think about that, it isnt too bad consider they only spend around 15-20 days a year at events and 10-15 days at official practices.

$20,000/35 days = 500-600 a day when playing paintball.

Quote:

800 x 52 = 41,000

$41,000 x 22% = $32,488

Hense the part where I say “equivalent to after taxes.” Think you missed that part buddy. I’m making about 55k right now depending on commission, and my checks are about 750 -800 a week after taxes

Last edited by Trevor the great : 01-25-2020 at 01:23 PM.
Trevor the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 06:13 PM #9
BIG T25

BIG T25 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
BIG T25 plays in the APPA D1 division
the vast majority of pro players make exactly $0.
Old 01-25-2020, 06:51 PM #10
JamesMonBall (Banned)

hey

They may not make much, but doesnt their equipment (depending on division) get purchased? Hell, for that and the love of PB, I would do it...
JamesMonBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 07:12 PM #11
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?

plays in the NXL
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG T25 View Post
the vast majority of pro players make exactly $0.
Hard to make money when it is all going towards buying a pro spot
Old 01-25-2020, 08:11 PM #12
J. Stein

J. Stein is a Supporting Member
J. Stein is a founding member
J. Stein plays in the PSP
J. Stein donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
The top tier level guys in terms of pay scale, meaning the Impact, Heat, Dye, and Infamous guys probably get $15,000-$20,000 in cash
Source?

Warzone Facebook
JeSSoP

RIP Ronnie, Paul
CD3 Forever
J. Stein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 10:06 PM #13
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?

plays in the NXL
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Stein View Post
Source?
No real source, just anecdotal based on what players have revealed or said over the years or past team owners/captains divulged
Old 01-28-2020, 11:48 AM #14
FriendlyFire OG
IT'S MURDA...

FriendlyFire OG owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
FriendlyFire OG owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
FriendlyFire OG owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
I just don't understand why this topic has to be so vague and never gets a solid answer. I mean honestly when you look at any other sports franchise you could look up any other professional athlete you want on google and you can see their salary. I don't understand why we cant get straight answers from teams or owners what players make even if its nothing. Wouldn't you like to know what the top guys are making when your working *** off to get there??

People throwing around the notion that players get paid in guns and equipment are falsely mistaken. PE shot this notion down in another thread and when you think about it wouldn't make sense for them to do that either cause they wouldn't have a market for guns at MSRP pricing if every pro player can undercut a shops prices cause they get them for free.

Its just a question i don't think will ever get answered. Truthfully i don't think anyone see's the "potential" in bringing Pro Paintball into the realm of other pro sports. I don't know why but i feel like after all these years they would have at least one big outside investor (not bart or sarge since they both have teams) that would be able to take on the "load" of the NXL so Tom and other owners can concentrate how to expand and move forward.

Look at how quick E-Sports took off and the investors that other "clans" or teams have. Its pretty mind blowing. And to think you just have to invest once in a computer or gaming system and practice on your own time for free its way easier to get going than playing paintball.
George Ocean Lv1 (#6 of 24)
PE FL Barrel Kit
Spire 200
Ninja Sl 68/45

Pro Jersey's F/S: https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=6006069

CHEAP!!
FriendlyFire OG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 04:41 PM #15
Mr. Charlie
Dye DSR, M2, M3

Mr. Charlie owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Mr. Charlie owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
I’m sure that how much you get paid depends on how well known and good you are as a Professional.

A Rookie Pro isn’t going to make the same as Ryan Greenspan or whoever.

A lot of pro’s are also making their own “Brands” for supplemental income.

I’m pretty sure that most Pros don’t make a lot of money, it’s mainly done because you love the sport.

In that way it’s kinda like skateboarding. Your average Pro might be barely getting by while the most well known ones with their own Brands are making a killing.

It also depends on how you market yourself and how you act on and off the field.
Old 01-28-2020, 04:51 PM #16
Connormgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriendlyFire OG View Post
words
Even with CPU and GPU upgrades it is way less expensive to play video games than paintball and it's way easier to broadcast a video game than paintball too. E-sports absolutely exploded in the 2010s, since one could compare paintball to an FPS it seems like video game players could find paintball to be really fun but it doesn't seem to be the case not even thinking about the cost of it.

Last edited by Connormgs : 01-28-2020 at 04:54 PM.
Connormgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 04:52 PM #17
FriendlyFire OG
IT'S MURDA...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Charlie View Post
Iím sure that how much you get paid depends on how well known and good you are as a Professional.

A Rookie Pro isnít going to make the same as Ryan Greenspan or whoever.

A lot of proís are also making their own ďBrandsĒ for supplemental income.

Iím pretty sure that most Pros donít make a lot of money, itís mainly done because you love the sport.

In that way itís kinda like skateboarding. Your average Pro might be barely getting by while the most well known ones with their own Brands are making a killing.

It also depends on how you market yourself and how you act on and off the field.

Makes sense just like in other sports, rookies don't make what a veteran pro makes in his or her prime but its what they all shoot for!

I would have to imagine with all the flying and practices and stuff they make at least enough to live. I cant imagine they could hold down a decent paying job having to take all those days off. Just imagine if you own a company and you employ someone like that. Your basically renting an employee when its convenient for them. Not really a way you can operate a business. You need ppl you can trust and want to grow with you. So even a part time misc. job isnt gunna bring in more than id say 1000 a month which isnt anything. Branding themselves is a big way for them to make a living.
PE FL Barrel Kit
Spire 200
Ninja Sl 68/45

CHEAP!!
Old 01-28-2020, 05:00 PM #18
FriendlyFire OG
IT'S MURDA...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connormgs View Post
An Intimidator from 2004 can still tear it up on the paintball field, a graphics card from 2004 will not run modern games due to massive increases in system requirements.
i dont think i fully understand your point behind this. How many guys do you see playing in the nxl with and older gun? especially something thats 16 years old?

My point is when you see all these well established people investing in ESports they obviously see a return on their investment. No one wants to invest in the paintball business cause they probably aren't guaranteed a return on their investment. Dan Gilbert ( the owner of the cavs ) invested millions into a new esports team 100 thieves and now they have multiple investors and sponsors cause of how they grew their brand. Paintball needs to make a drastic change in order to attract these types of investors and get more money in the sports which would allow for players salary's.

Even Drake bought in to a team! I wonder how many people he influenced to play games for a living??
PE FL Barrel Kit
Spire 200
Ninja Sl 68/45

CHEAP!!