OHANA PB

honu is playing at Living Legends III
honu is playing at Living Legends V
honu is playing at Living Legends VI
honu is playing at Living Legends VII
honu is playing at Living Legends VIII
honu is playing at Living Legends Dreaded
2020 Living Legends 13 produced by CPX Events - Details, Dates and Info

It is that great time a year where we celebrate the Holiday season and open the pre-registration for the original celebration of paintball!!

I'm going to start this thread to provide you with the basic info, for people to ask any questions or just want to tell stories of great moments they have had there.

Living Legends 13 preregistration is open!!

Get signed up today for the best deals at
https://cpxtickets.com/collections/livinglegends

Living Legends | #belegendary | May 14 - 17 2020
Legacy Adventure Park | Lockport IL

FREE LL13 Event T-Shirt –ends 1/12/20
Pre-purchase entry, air, and 2+ cases and get a FREE event t-shirt - $19.95 value!!
*can be combined with bonus paint offer*

Bonus paint offer – ends 1/12/20
Buy entry, air, and....
- 2 cases gets 1 bag FREE
- 3 cases gets 2 bags FREE
- 4 cases gets 3 bags FREE
- 5 cases gets 1 case FREE
*can be combined with free t-shirt offer*

• Packages ->
Legendary Package – ends 3/29/20
Get entry, air, 3 cases AND a limited edition event Jersey: $299.95
*can-not be combined with free t-shirt or bonus paint offer. It CAN be part of the first 100 limited edition event hat offer.

• Pricing ->
Early-bird - ends 2/23/20
Entry $44.95
Air $10.95
Paint: $59.95 per case.

Pre-registration - ends 5/10/20
Entry $59.95
Air $14.95
Paint: $69.95 per case.

Day-of event
Entry: $75
Air: $15
Paint: $75 per case

Di Inferi (Red side) Command:
Commander - Joe Perez
XO - Djuan Mitchell
Minos Legion - Tony Elliott
Cerberus Legion - Michelle McGonigle
Grigori Legion - Andres Baines
Azazel Legion - David Odell
Geryon Legion - TBD

The Crusade (Blue Side) Command
General - Michael Fisher
XO - Ryan Sexton
Praetorian - Jay Jordan
Sentinel - Joseph Fazzingo
Draco - Chris Hruby
Chiron - Jose Vasquez
Centurion - Alex Klei

Last edited by John : 12-19-2019 at 01:20 PM.
honu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-19-2019, 02:32 PM #2
Pump Scout
New gun,old gun,whatever

Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is a Mega Moderator
Pump Scout is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Pump Scout is BST Legit
Pump Scout is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
BRB, putting in vacation request at work.

Looking forward to seeing the extended paintball family at Living Legends again in 2020!
Pump Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 03:03 PM #3
honu
OHANA PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pump Scout View Post
BRB, putting in vacation request at work.

Looking forward to seeing the extended paintball family at Living Legends again in 2020!
That is one of the truly great parts of Living Legends.
Old 12-19-2019, 03:04 PM #4
John
Administrator

Annual Supporting Member
John owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
John owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
John owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek MG100
John owns a Planet Eclipse - M170r
I'd hate to miss a Living Legends. I've made it to every single one so far...

I'm in!
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 03:50 PM #5
honu
OHANA PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
I'd hate to miss a Living Legends. I've made it to every single one so far...

I'm in!
Love it. 13 years and counting....
Old 12-19-2019, 05:51 PM #6
blah450

blah450 is playing at Living Legends X
blah450 owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
Hey there. I left some feedback on PBN a day after playing last year. Any thoughts or considerations given to the below?...

Red starting in that back corner with no wide stone road to access at the break-out/start of the day was unfortunate. Did Blue have quick access to a main road to be able to easily run some sprinters? Map looked like that was the case, but I don't know, I never saw that side. It was def difficult to squeeze that many Red players along just some narrow muddy footpaths to get to the roads at the outset. This left Red stuck on just a quarter to a third of the field.

This seemed like too narrow of a field for this many players...if left like it was...and made for a choke point where everything bogged down before the rain hit.

A suggested option without capping the number of players in the game would have been to start the day of game-play with Red, or at least half of Red, on the stoned road nearest to their spawn point, after which they would only enter from their spawn point. This would go a long way toward having game-play begin in the wider part of the field and promote a lot more interactions and strategies???

Of course, if that high side where the campers were was open for the game, THAT would have been awesome and alleviated the above concerns??

Have to say though, as a Red player near the tape line across the marshy area/pond, thoroughly enjoyed popping Blue after Blue that thought the wood chip pile was a solid place to be...although the chunks of concrete and mud I was laying in was no fun!
blah450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 07:26 AM #7
honu
OHANA PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by blah450 View Post
Hey there. I left some feedback on PBN a day after playing last year. Any thoughts or considerations given to the below?...

Im going to answer in bold so it is easier to find my answers to your questions

Red starting in that back corner with no wide stone road to access at the break-out/start of the day was unfortunate. Did Blue have quick access to a main road to be able to easily run some sprinters? Map looked like that was the case, but I don't know, I never saw that side. It was def difficult to squeeze that many Red players along just some narrow muddy footpaths to get to the roads at the outset. This left Red stuck on just a quarter to a third of the field.

Two things on this that I have spoken with the Red side commanders. They were late to get their players to the start for the opening horn. It made it hard for them to spread their players out, so most everyone took the rock path to get in when in reality there were more paths out from the Northside then the south. If you look at the map the south side has only two paths out but like you said it is flat smooth ground. That was part of the balancing of the multi-paths for the North with slightly rougher ground to travel

This seemed like too narrow of a field for this many players...if left like it was...and made for a choke point where everything bogged down before the rain hit.

I'm going to combine this answer with the next two below

A suggested option without capping the number of players in the game would have been to start the day of game-play with Red, or at least half of Red, on the stoned road nearest to their spawn point, after which they would only enter from their spawn point. This would go a long way toward having game-play begin in the wider part of the field and promote a lot more interactions and strategies???

Of course, if that high side where the campers were was open for the game, THAT would have been awesome and alleviated the above concerns??

A couple of things on these questions.
First, the width of the field in the middle is as wide as any other field we have used to run this event. The fact that the fight was pushed so far to one side was again partly because the Red side had less than 100 players out of a possible 700 at the insert at game on. Blue had over 500 ready to go. We as game producers can fix most things in a game but a self-imposed 5 to 1 battle ratio because players not on the field isn't one of them. To be very very clear, I am not ripping on the Red side command or players. We all have been there as command or players where one side is doing things fine but the other side is still doing it better. This is clear in the fact that the Blue side started in ankle-deep mud on Sunday because of the rain on Saturday from the Northside and were able to break out and take control of more than 50% of the field Sunday just like they did from the Southside on Saturday.

Second, if we ever hit a number that will not actually work we will look into capping the player number.

Third, The camping area can not be in play for many reasons. The field doesn't own the land for one. I had to "rent" it from the neighbor for a strong fee. Second, as you know no matter what kind of safety barrier we would put in place, players are hardcore and would be shooting down off the edge of the cliff and it is just not safe.

Have to say though, as a Red player near the tape line across the marshy area/pond, thoroughly enjoyed popping Blue after Blue that thought the wood chip pile was a solid place to be...although the chunks of concrete and mud I was laying in was no fun!
You have a good point and you have found one of the major things we battle with as event producers. How can we put players in environments that are realistic and very cool but are also safe? We walk that line as close as we can knowing that players want these epic maps to play on and will throw caution to the wind to make game-winning moves. So we have to do our best to give you the ability to do that as safely as we can while also not "putting on the training wheels " if you get my drift. It is a non-stop balancing act on our part

I hope that answers your questions and please feel free to ask anymore you have. The weather was a kick in the tail last year but it was also the first time in 25 events over 13 years that it hit us that bad. It sounds like you missed Sunday if I'm reading into your questions which is a shame. Red staged a strong comeback even with Blue holding more of the field and the score got very very close. I hope you will join us again this year and see some of the improvements we are working on. I will be posting more info here as we can. Have a great day and sorry for writing a book to answer you, LOL

Last edited by honu : 12-20-2019 at 07:32 AM.
Old 12-20-2019, 08:25 AM #8
dymium
Joe R.

Annual Supporting Member
dymium is a Supporting Member
dymium plays in the PSP
dymium is an NCPA player
dymium plays in the APPA D4 division
I can't wait - already put in for vacation for it! LL is *the* go-to event every year for me (with apologies to all of the other great events and promoters across the world), and I don't remember the last time I wasn't at a Living Legends.

Honu and crew put on an amazing production. Legacy held up well last year despite the rain, so I'm looking forward to the small changes for this year coupled with great weather.
dymium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 11:49 PM #9
Pump Scout
New gun,old gun,whatever

Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is BST Legit
Quote:
Originally Posted by honu View Post
This is clear in the fact that the Blue side started in ankle-deep mud on Sunday because of the rain on Saturday from the Northside
Holy crap, I'd kind of forgotten how bad that mud was. It was unreal. Like, military grade mud.
Old 12-21-2019, 08:24 AM #10
blah450

blah450 is playing at Living Legends X
blah450 owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
#honu...thank you for your time in replying.
Didn't mind the "book-length" reply at all. Would prefer it, and hope others appreciate it.

Have enjoyed LL the past few years with my son, and your hard work and passion for the event truly shows how much thought you and the crew put into the event.

You are right, my son and I would love to fly out from the Syracuse area and be able to enjoy Saturday and Sunday play too, but we are able to scrape together just enough for entry, get out there via car 10-11 hours on Friday, play Sat, and return back on Sunday so we don't miss another day of work.

Hope you enjoyed the Malibu and Guinness...
blah450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 07:09 PM #11
honu
OHANA PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by blah450 View Post
#honu...thank you for your time in replying.
Didn't mind the "book-length" reply at all. Would prefer it, and hope others appreciate it.

Have enjoyed LL the past few years with my son, and your hard work and passion for the event truly shows how much thought you and the crew put into the event.

You are right, my son and I would love to fly out from the Syracuse area and be able to enjoy Saturday and Sunday play too, but we are able to scrape together just enough for entry, get out there via car 10-11 hours on Friday, play Sat, and return back on Sunday so we don't miss another day of work.

Hope you enjoyed the Malibu and Guinness...
I sure did my dude. PM me before you sign up this year.
Old 12-28-2019, 05:59 PM #12
lopez17
Valar Morghulis

Annual Supporting Member
lopez17 is a Supporting Member
lopez17 is playing at Living Legends X
lopez17 supports Pev's Paintball
lopez17 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
lopez17 supports Ninja Paintball
lopez17 owns a Planet Eclipse CSR
Time to see if I can get a business trip to Chicago and parlay it into a long weekend for Living Legends!

lopez17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 08:56 AM #14
JOESPUD27
Merc

JOESPUD27 is playing at Living Legends III
JOESPUD27 owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
The real question is are they bringing back the pump games Friday?
JOESPUD27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 09:15 AM #15
honu
OHANA PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOESPUD27 View Post
The real question is are they bringing back the pump games Friday?
100% we are. We offered it last year along with magfed and mech only games.
Due to the weather, there was a low turnout for all three so to make the best of it we combined them all together into general open play games so people could play.

Hopefully, weather goes with us and we can do just a pump only open play event on Friday of LL13.
Old 12-29-2019, 09:19 AM #16
honu
OHANA PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by lopez17 View Post
Time to see if I can get a business trip to Chicago and parlay it into a long weekend for Living Legends!
Love it!!
Old 12-30-2019, 10:03 AM #17
JOESPUD27
Merc

JOESPUD27 is playing at Living Legends III
Quote:
Originally Posted by honu View Post
100% we are. We offered it last year along with magfed and mech only games.
Due to the weather, there was a low turnout for all three so to make the best of it we combined them all together into general open play games so people could play.

Hopefully, weather goes with us and we can do just a pump only open play event on Friday of LL13.
Respectfully, if there was a Pump Only game, it was poorly advertised, so much so that I didn't even bring a pump gun because all that was ever advertised was Mech games on Friday. So, I saved room in the gearbag.

Glad to hear the best games of the event are returning.
JOESPUD27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 11:27 AM #18
Pump Scout
New gun,old gun,whatever

Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is BST Legit
The pump games Friday are always my biggest reason to be on site and geared up early. Not that I'm not there early anyway raiding the vendors before they're out of the best of the swag!
Old 12-30-2019, 01:54 PM #19
IBleed Arbor
take that for data

IBleed Arbor owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Are there any plans to have a large covered staging area for those people not camping at the event? The rain killed us last year - we were a mile from our car with nowhere to go. Ended up leaving and not returning.
IBleed Arbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 03:57 PM #20
honu
OHANA PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOESPUD27 View Post
Respectfully, if there was a Pump Only game, it was poorly advertised, so much so that I didn't even bring a pump gun because all that was ever advertised was Mech games on Friday. So, I saved room in the gearbag.

Glad to hear the best games of the event are returning.
Sorry you missed it. It was on the schedule at the same time we have run it the last couple of years. I'll make sure it is easier to find on the schedule this year.

Last edited by honu : 12-30-2019 at 04:01 PM.
Old 12-30-2019, 04:04 PM #21
honu
OHANA PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBleed Arbor View Post
Are there any plans to have a large covered staging area for those people not camping at the event? The rain killed us last year - we were a mile from our car with nowhere to go. Ended up leaving and not returning.
We are looking into some options but trying to find a way to get covered stanging for 1,300 players is a pretty tall order. You are certainly allowed to bring your own canopy and set up a staging area for the weekend. I'll let you know if we come up with any good solution.
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.