Community Focus

Old 08-28-2019, 06:22 PM #1
Mr. Charlie
Dye DSR, M2, M3

Mr. Charlie owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
HK Army Crash CTX Arm/Elbow Pads

Initial impressions of them without playing in them yet:

Light, good padding, comfortable, slim...

These are the newest Arm/Elbow Pads from HK Army. I believe the padding is thinner than earlier HK Army pads.

I like the half-glove/thumb loop. This whole part of the pad has Silicon striping for extra grip. Although, it’s really thin and doesn’t have any padding, that makes it easy to wear a glove over them or under them (if you have thin gloves).

There is a large mesh panel in the middle of the inner side of the pads. Surrounding this is kinda like Jersey material but a little different and it has a slight printed design that looks pretty good in my opinion.

All of the padding is on the sides and back of the arm - elbow area and extends a little bit past my elbows. It starts a few inches down from my wrist.

I’m a lanky dude but not too tall and have average sized arms: I’m about 6’ and 150 pounds. I ordered the S/M and they fit me perfectly.

However, there is no Strap on this model of arm pads, which might be a good thing for some people, others might want to be able to tighten them down more. I personally find the fit out of the box to be very comfortable and I don’t believe that a Strap is needed.

I have to say that I mainly got them for “Bounces” lol. Although, now that I have some great arm pads I might start to learn how to dive and try diving more...

Anyways, I’ll be sure to update or make a new post after playing with them this weekend!

They just came out but if anyone has any experience or questions feel free to post them!
Advertisement
Old 09-01-2019, 02:38 PM #2
Mr. Charlie
Dye DSR, M2, M3

Update after playing with them:

They are super light, comfortable, breathable - I basically played and didn’t even really notice that they were on.

I didn’t take any arm shots or dive yet but the padding seems good so far anyways.

My friends all seemed to like them and everyone remarked how light they are.

Most of my friends use the Exalt FreeFlex arm/elbow pads.

One person thought that the padding comes up higher on the arm above the elbow than earlier HK Army pads.

I was watching a bunch of how to “Superman Dive” videos last night... definitely going to learn now lol.
Old 09-01-2019, 04:07 PM #3
cellophane303

Annual Supporting Member
I just started to try and learn this superman dive recently (apparently the old double-knee, gun up slide is out of style now) and I will say having the thumb loop on the pads goes a long ways when diving. My old Dye pads (C4 maybe?) don't have that and they tend to move around and leave a wicked abrasion on my elbows.

Currently looking for new pads and appreciate the review! I tried a pair of the exalt pads yesterday and they were also pretty nice, but I didn't play any points with them.
cellophane303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 04:29 PM #4
Mr. Charlie
Dye DSR, M2, M3

No prob dude, hopefully it helps some people.

Yeah, learning how to Dive seems kinda intimidating...

I plan on starting slow and staying as low as possible while trying to stretch out as far as possible to spread out your surface area - helps lessen any impact.

The double knee slide technically should’ve never really been done...You don’t have as much control over the slide as you do sliding Baseball style on one Knee/ the same side’s Hand, and your opposite Foot out to help stop your slide momentum and pop you up into firing position if wanted.

Here is a good video on the lateral slide:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MKZlRFEcMyE

His video on Superman Diving is good too:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WwZapXunhQ0

Last edited by Mr. Charlie : 09-01-2019 at 04:50 PM.
Mr. Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 07:13 PM #5
cellophane303

Annual Supporting Member
my problem with the superman dive is that I'm 6'4"... it is a long ways down..
cellophane303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 09:29 PM #6
Mr. Charlie
Dye DSR, M2, M3

^watch Ryan Greenspan ‘s videos above...

I’m 6’...

My friend was telling/showing me some tips today too and he’s also 6’ or a little over and Dives all the time!

He said to stay low and remain low and that way you will already be low and ready to Dive. If you’re running far off breakout then diving you usually start off running from the box low, he was saying that if you plan on going to say the 50 Dorito off break then stay low to give your opponent’s as little target as possible, then since you are already low, you’re set up to Dive easily and the impact from diving won’t be as bad.

Also, you don’t really want to be airborne if possible because it increases the impact so much - you want to just slide into it not literally dive lol.

Last edited by Mr. Charlie : 09-01-2019 at 09:32 PM.
Mr. Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 03:11 PM #7
Mr. Charlie
Dye DSR, M2, M3

Update after playing with them today:

Worked well basically the same as above, but today I was practicing my Superman Diving after playing some points this morning.

The padding is great for Diving! No felt impact as long as I had proper form - working on keeping my feet down. I’m practicing so far without a marker Diving to both sides and pretending like I’m holding a marker. At least until I get more comfortable throwing myself onto the ground lol...

Anyways, I still haven’t gotten shot in the padding yet to see how it bounces but maybe that’s a good thing lol...
Old 09-17-2019, 03:44 PM #8
Mr. Charlie
Dye DSR, M2, M3

Here is PBRML’s video on the Pads:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Qpj728dlStU