Community Focus

Old 05-05-2019, 05:17 PM #1
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

has been a member for 10 years
Featherlite 07 is playing at Living Legends III
Featherlite 07 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
FL07's small collection

Finally got a little bit of time, and most of my markers in one place so I can make a little pic thread of my collection. It's nothing compared to some of the massive arsenals in this subforum, but its honest work. So this will be a thread with markers I currently own, and future plans for those markers. I've been away from the sport for a long time, but recently I have been getting back in both playing wise and collecting, so I will be updating the thread as I make progress on these guns or add or subtract from the collection.

First up is my Eclipse Factory Team Eblade Autococker in a red/white/blue fade. I bought this gun new from East Side Paintball in 2004 and I've owned it ever since. It is mostly as it came with the following differences:

First, the CP reg. It came with a black magic reg, which I never liked because of the side input. I used to use a sidewinder on it, and when I started playing again threw this one on. I still have the BM reg but the chrome on it is destroyed. I think a battery might have leaked on it. I am just glad that I never used the reg on the gun and the rest of the gun was in a separate place at the time.

Second, at the time it was really kind of sad that you would buy a very expensive gun (I believe I paid $1400 new for this) and you would get no ASA and a crappy barrel. This came with a matching Dye Xcel barrel, which I still have. I don't think I have ever used it. I usually used it with a black freak barrel, which was one of the first pieces of paintball gear I've ever bought so I am pretty loyal to that system. When I started playing again I found this stainless back and dust blue AA freak tip on ebay, this was the combo I always wanted to have on it, but never got around to buying.

The pneumatics are all as they came from the factory. I believe this was part of the first series of e-blades they made, but I did see another one recently that was a blue to black fade and had an older WGP sledgehammer reg instead of the Belsales mine came with. Later versions also got the Belsales ram w/ QEVs and the final ones had some different cuts in the body and a nexus style front block. I much prefer this style body vs the one with the extra cuts, but I have thought of upgrading to the Belsales/nexus ram with QEVs. At this point I plan to keep it original unless I have to swap something out.

I guess also the trigger is not original in the first pic, but I do still have it (shown in the second pic).

I just got this gun back from a full rebuild, so hopefully it will shoot like it used to. Not sure I will do anything, but I have thought of finding another chrome BM reg just to have everything its supposed to have but its "collector value" isn't too important to me since its never being sold. I've also thought of trying to get a new eclipse reg and a pops asa (have one already) anno'd to match it, but I'm not too excited to pay a lot of money for just two pieces to be ano'd and I don't want to send the gun anywhere so its unlikely those pieces would match perfect anyway. I may try to find a Dye Boomstick for it, especially if I can find one freak bored and/or a dust blue tip. It's pretty much the way I always intended it to be already though, so it will probably get left alone.

Next up is another old Eclipse which I bought new, this shoe box shocker.

I ordered this from Eclipse in the UK I want to say in late 2001. Or rather my dad did, I was like 13 I think. It's funny to think how rare eclipse stuff was back then and what a pain it was to get when now they have like 70% market share. My dad got this for me for Xmas that year. This was my first high end gun, and third gun overall. Previously I had a spider and base right feed autococker. I finally found an HSW frame for it

Also have the foregrip but not sure if I want to run a bottom line max flow. I still have the OG eclipse vert max flow mount too, but this old smart parts one has better ergos, with the reg being out front further like a modern gun.

Moving on to one of my personal grail guns...
I feel like a lot of the "grails" discussed in these pages are like shocktech/dark DM4s and rare timmys which were a little bit after my most impressionable era. For me angels were what everone both feared and wanted and an Adrenalin was the top dog angel. I always wanted one but could never afford one when I was younger. This is the first of two recent nostalgia purchases I've made. Technically my grail would have been a thunderstruck but these things don't exactly grow on trees and I jumped at the chance to get this one. Recently a thunderstruck came up for sale on here, but I'm not made of money and I was happy to have got my Adrenalin already and for a ton less. This is a blue splash used by Team Adrenalin. By which I mean the color is their team color. I am not sure if this particular gun was actually used by them. I don't know if they offered this color to the public or not, but James Graley also said the team guns were low serial numbers and this is kind of a high serial number.

Being able to use my stuff is important to me. I don't want wall hangers that don't work. I'd prefer a gun with a few scratches that shoots 300fps all day than a 10/10 mint exterior that leaks like a sieve any day.
Future plans for this gun include getting a few parts ano matched. I believe this gun used to have a matching freak barrel that didn't come with it. It also has an aftermarket back plate. So I'd like to get a plain back plate and a couple of different length freak tips anno matched. Maybe a boomstick or even Ti Boomstick if I can find one in a .684. And I'd like to get an Angel Air tank for it. Basically recreate my complete childhood dream setup.

Most recent nostalgia purchase! Another one of my personal grail guns growing up in the Boston area is a Twister Autococker.

As you can see it is missing a few pieces. They are not really missing, they just aren't installed. I just picked this up from PBN John himself as a complete but unassembled raw gun. I am working on assembling all the parts to send to anno, and will be updating my build thread here:
https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=5980697

Those are my main 4 and then I have a few others in the project phase.

AKA full mill excalibur with extremely gross Dye stickies. It leaks a lot and otherwise doesn't work. I haven't had a lot of luck fixing it.

Free Flow Lotus which I apparently have no pics of. I don't think it is really as scratched as it looks. Has problem with the pneus, think the LPR may be clogged. I am stealing the CCM frame from it to use with my Twister so I will probably try to get another cheap frame and see if I can make it work. When the twister is done I will probably sell it, I don't need two mech cockers unless the other is an Evo X or Westwood, neither of which I can afford right now.

Really really rough, so rough that I got laughed at in the Angel group for wanting to fix Eclipse LED. Of these three "project" guns, this is the only one I really care to get working and keep. I have bought a new ram, valve, lpr and battery so far. I am unsure if the board works because I think the switch is too corroded. Also missing a pin to hold the LPR in, have no tool kit, etc. I really hate sending stuff out because I don't really trust anyone, but I am considering it for this.

Hope to add more soon. I think my next buy is something a little more modern like an SL94, LV1, or 170R. We'll see. Thanks for looking.

Last edited by Featherlite 07 : 01-19-2020 at 07:51 PM.
Featherlite 07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-05-2019, 08:14 PM #2
KryptonicsPB
Be Kind

That Adrenaline. Beautiful
Old 05-09-2019, 05:48 AM #3
FirePro84
Airsmith - Gun Tech

FirePro84 is a Supporting Member
FirePro84 plays in the USPL
FirePro84 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
FirePro84 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
FirePro84 supports Ninja Paintball
That Eclipse E-Blade is a beauty! I was the one who did the restore on it and it was shooting quite nicely here before it left my shop. I hope you get a chance to take it out and play with it a bit, it deserves to be shot!

Cheers!
- w w w . P a i n t b a l l T e k . c o m

- West Coast Connection for Boston Paintball and Twister Service

- Official Service Center for Planet Eclipse
FirePro84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 02:21 PM #4
FirePro84
Airsmith - Gun Tech

FirePro84 is a Supporting Member
FirePro84 plays in the USPL
FirePro84 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
FirePro84 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
FirePro84 supports Ninja Paintball
Also, if you need parts still for that Eclipse LED I have the stuff you are missing. let me know!
- w w w . P a i n t b a l l T e k . c o m

- West Coast Connection for Boston Paintball and Twister Service

- Official Service Center for Planet Eclipse
FirePro84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 10:29 PM #5
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirePro84 View Post
That Eclipse E-Blade is a beauty! I was the one who did the restore on it and it was shooting quite nicely here before it left my shop. I hope you get a chance to take it out and play with it a bit, it deserves to be shot!

Cheers!
Hi Tim, great to hear from you! I was super impressed with how clean it was when I picked it up after its visit with you. I'll be playing with it Saturday, can't wait to see how it shoots.

I'll probably pm you shortly about the eclipse. I do still need a couple things but I have been trying to focus on the Twister mostly.
Old 07-27-2019, 05:45 PM #6
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

I decided my level of projects to working guns was too high, so I sold my excal and lotus. I'm a little bummed about the excal because I always wanted to love that gun, but I could never get it working. I picked up this G6R.

Never was a big fan of intimidators when I was younger (although I never owned one) but I borrowed a friend's G6R when playing a few months ago and I loved how light and fast it was compared to my older stuff. I mostly still love older stuff, but some of my stuff has had issues despite my efforts to keep it in great shape. I wanted to make sure I had one gun in my bag that I could count on. My preference is for eclipse but I couldn't find the right SL94 to buy and 170Rs were out of stock everywhere so I will give this a shot. Still waiting to try it since my SLP Ninja tank seems to have been lost by fedex.
Old 08-01-2019, 11:25 PM #7
Fat Joe

Annual Supporting Member
Fat Joe is a founding member
Fat Joe has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat Joe has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I always knew you had a nice collection but not that fresh. Love it dude.
Team Aircraft Carrier - Captain
Fat Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 08:53 AM #8
SheCallsMeBobLong

Classics! Sick collection man
SheCallsMeBobLong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 08:30 PM #9
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Joe View Post
I always knew you had a nice collection but not that fresh. Love it dude.
Thank you sir. I may have a full blown problem now, but added this:

Mamba IR3. What I really want is a Cobra LCD (pre-mamba style) but this will have to do for now. The anno on this one is a little rough, but almost all the cobra parts are there except the breech knob. I use all my stuff so I am not super picky about scratches or player marks but I like to have all the original features present. Maybe some day I will have the anno redone in a basic dust blue similar to Dynasty's guns of this era (although theirs had the dragon tattoos iirc) if it is not too costly.

Also have the Air on it. Unfortunately that one doesn't work so its just there for the pic, but I have another currently being rebuilt. If all goes well with the other (silver) Air I would like to try to get this one matched to my Adrenalin when I have a few other pieces batched up. Then again my poor Twister STILL has not gone out to anno.

Last edited by Featherlite 07 : 09-18-2019 at 08:46 PM.
Featherlite 07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 08:50 PM #10
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

And another little project. Nothing super special about this one. This is a "modern" Angel to me. Never used one this new back in the day, but as I found out this past weekend the A4 Fly is a very nice shooter. Still makes me feel old school cool but has the convenience of eyes. I have had this Dye frame a little while and bought this fly with the intention to convert it. Just need to buy a board that will fit the frame. This gun has a virtue in it which shoots well, so I may try to move its board to the Mamba if I find out it is compatible.
Old 01-19-2020, 07:42 PM #11
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

Update: Got another excal, this one much nicer than my old one. JMJ Streamline (I'm told 1/10) and with Robtown valve. Also have a matched sidewinder that needs rebuilding.

Also sold my G6R for some reason (it was my best gun). Have a Pure 170R on the way to take its place. I am trying to keep something modern and reliable in the fleet. Would like to sell the Cobra.