Community Focus

Old 01-15-2018, 07:34 PM #1
RedJin
between Wasteland and Sky

has been a member for 10 years
RedJin donated to help Peyton Trent
RedJin owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
RedJin's Ego Collection plus other various Markers

None of my markers are really rare, but mostly ones that I wanted when I was younger and can now afford. I first played in 2004 (b-day party of couse), however I really got into paintball in 2006 and was just captivated by it all. As you will see, a huge percentage of my collection existed or debuted in ’06. While I do not think that is explicitly on purpose, I think coming into the sport at that time really cemented what I find interesting.

Finally got some proper wall displays, I really like how they turned out

EGOS

The four factory fades Planet Eclipse made for the first year of the Ego

2005 Blue/Silver Fade

2005 Red/Silver Fade

2005 1/100 FirstCallPaintball Red/Black Fade. Of the four fades, this one proved to be the hardest to acquire. Ended up trading the Cyborg (below) for it. I love that PE took the time to anno the entire gun the base red color and then went over with the black fade anno. As time goes on, more of the red anno runs through the black and giving the gun a great "worn" look.

2005 1/100 FirstCallPaintball Blue/Black Fade. Similar to what I just said above, I love that PE took the time to anno the entire gun the base blue color and then went over with the black fade anno. Again, it gives the gun a great worn look as more of the blue anno shines past the black.

2005 1/31 Lime Green/Yellow Mantis. I have been trying to acquire one of these for a long time. I finally found one over a year ago that was very clean for its age and more importantly still had all the factory parts. This is a great addition to the collection. Some might argue that green/yellow combo is ugly but I love it.

2006 Light "Storm" Trooper Nexus. This is the first high end gun I owned. I owned a dust silver Invert Mini previous to this; this gun came up for sale at my local field, which I reffed at, in the summer of 2008 and I had been a fanboy of Egos and PE since I came into the sport in 2006. I could not pass up the opportunity. I called my mom (was 15 at the time) and asked her to bring my cash to field so I could buy it. I sold the mini to balance out the sale. It formed my passion for Nexus Egos.

2006(?) Dust Red Nexus. This gun is kinda a mystery. There were no factory Nexus Egos with this anno; however the consensus is it's a 1 of 1 team gun from the 2006 London Nexus team. Couple of very strange things on this gun. First, it has the 06 star frame aka bottle opener frame. However, if you notice at the bottom of the frame it is milled for the 2005 2-piece OOPS slide rail and ASA combo instead of the integrally milled dove tail like every other 06 star frame. Second, the ASA itself has similar albeit different milling from the older OOPS ASAs, but it has the internals of the newer SL66 style ASA. Third, the baby blue Nexus jewels with yellow lettering seem out of place on it. Last, it has a one piece shaft barrel with a red to black fade. I can't recall ever seeing a factory shaft barrel with a fade. To further help this theory, this gun came to the US via a private seller in the UK. Like I said, it's kinda a mystery.

2006 XSV Ego. Has the XSV feedneck. Have to appreciate the milling on this gun, its 3D and asymmetrical as in there is a different milling pattern for either side of the gun. They didn't make too many of the XSV Egos in 2006 before PE cut production to make room for the SL66. Jack Woods said to call them "collector pieces" so I will oblige.

2006 Black/Gold “Texas Tea” Dark Ego

SL Line

Krypton Ice SL66

1/20 Red & Tan Dark SL74

Pure SL8r

Jack Frost SL94

Thistle SLS

1/50 White/Gold CSL. This anno scheme was made specifically for DSS Paintball. This gun is simply amazing in all aspects.

Etek 5 with Prototype Balanced Valve. Operates on much lower lpr input than a stock. It works and shoots wonderfully.

Blue/Black Geo+. When I saw these come out in 2009 I knew I wanted one. PE completely flipping the script and making a spool valve gun?!?! Count me in! With PE's success of the Geo/CS line, people who weren't around back then don't realized how big of a deal this was. PE has been making the Ego for 4 years at this point and had accrued a reputation as "THE" stacked tube poppit valve gun manufacturer. They release in late 2008 that they had secretly been developing a spool valve gun for a couple years. It was madness to think PE would/could bring a ground up spool valve gun to market. It created quite the buzz on these forums back in late 2008 on every possible aspect of the gun that could be imagined. I picked up this original Geo and gave it some TLC. Great shooter!

The Rest

Evil Minion 6, or EM6. From the golden days of private label guns with differential milling. All stock and in great shape for being 13 years old.

Continued below...

Last edited by RedJin : 11-26-2019 at 01:35 PM.
RedJin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-15-2018, 07:35 PM #2
RedJin

FEP Quest, had always wanted one when I played when I was younger. As one guy put it, "How the shocker should have been made" that made me want a Quest. Finally picked a 4B Bolt kit for it.

Omenworkers 1of1 Baller's Inc. PB Stormtrooper Cyborg. If you had seen my thread before, you saw I posted the famous video of this gun. Its what pushed me to buy the original Borg. The body and frame were chemically etched giving the dust white anno an extremely smooth feel, unlike any other gun I own. When this came up for sale I had to buy it no questions asked. It still rips like it did 12 years ago. Very pleased to own this small piece of paintball history.

Infinity Legend. Ever since I saw these on WarPig years ago, I have wanted to own one..and I am not sure why. They are about as basic and simple as an eletro-pneumatic gun can get. It has one regulator and one dynamic oring. They were purpose built to shoot very fast in semi-auto, and specifically to compete in the NPPL. When this video came out years ago, it sold me on it and I had wanted one ever since. This particular Legend happened to come with the Rutley Ram, V3. I think rutley said he made less than 10 V3 rams in his youtube video explaining them. Reading reviews on these, you'll find checkered results from the earlier versions but the V3 seemed to show promise. Mine seems to function well without hiccups.

ICD Promaster, my first "high end" gun. Shes now a wall hanger but Ill never get rid of it.

ICD Lasoya Promaster. A recent pick up that appears to have never been really played with. It has no breech wear and no scratches or dings I can find. I always thought these guns were interesting in that in 2006 ICD decided to put an Air America Vigilante HPR (presumably to fix the crappy factory one) and a dual gauge front block on a gun; one gauge for HP and LP respectively. It is pretty damn handy from a tuning/tinker perspective to be able to see both at once. The only down side when receiving this gun is someone in the past had sent WAY too high LP and "blown" the noid. The LP gauge was busted and the one of the noid spool orings was deformed. Thankfully, a new noid spool and LP gauge later and this thing rips again. I also threw an SCMIII on there in place of the crappy factory LPR.

ICD Freestyle 8. I had always wanted one since I bought the Promaster years ago. It was ICD's last gun and is great, smooth shooter. The original noid (Humphrey's CRCB-0051W) in it failed not too long after I bought it unfortunately. I could not find any exact replacements so I used the top half of a Humphrey's CRCB-0053W and with the spool section of the original noid. Works great now.

Previously Owned

2006 Cyborg. Again, had always wanted one when I was younger. This video is what did it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTyrBLVG-z8 Watched it over and over with my jaw dropped. Neat and fast gun.

JT Impulse. I have wanted to pick one of these up after hearing nothing but positive things about this gun. It seems its a "failed" gun due to poor marketing (slapping on JT instead of say...Empire) but the word has gotten out about how great little shooters these guns are and I agree. It looks like GoG/GI/Kee took the SP 09 Impulse and fixed the feedneck issue and MASSIVELY simplified the gun all the while keeping the balanced valve. What thats gives you is a super smooth stacked tube poppit with no real weaknesses other than a lack of parts and company support. The one annoying item on this gun is the snap rings on the HPR in what appears to be an attempt to stop players from maintaining their own guns.

Karnivore. Bought this off a co-worker who bought it brand new in 2006. Said he played it twice and then it sat in the box until I bought it from him in 2017. Extremely fast and so much fun to shoot.

2006 Dust White Nexus (traded)

2006 Dark Trooper Nexus (sold)

Factory Dark SFT. Traded it for the Dye Reflex below

Mint Factory Dynasty SFT (sold)

Strange SFT (sold)

2005 Nexus with Pink parts, not a true Pink Lady (sold)

Dust Blue Invert Mini. I had a dust silver mini back in the day; black SPD grips, NDZ V3 Bolt Kit. Shot amazing. However, I sold it here on PbN to fund buying the light troop Nexus. I tried to follow the BST trail awhile ago but never found it. So I bought this one to get a mini back in the collection, plus I really like the dust blue anno. Nothing special but nostalgia is a *****. (sold)

PM8, have since sold it. Picked this up a little over a year ago. Looking back, people lauded over how the PM8 was the best gun Dye had made in the late 2000s and better than the DM counterpart a couple model years in either direction. I cant disagree after picking it up but I never have been a matrix/fuse bolt fan at heart. (sold)

eBladed Dye Reflex (sold)

Factory Dark Intimidator with all the FunctionPB parts. Always wanted a timmy, especially to compare form and function with the early egos. I did enjoy it but...I still love egos. Have since traded it. (traded)

2009 Impulse. Loved these guns when they came out; the fact that the hpr and lpr on this gun are just rectangular boxes inside the grip and that the conventional hpr and lpr areas for poppits are just volumizers is very interesting. That, along with the fact that the top and bottom tube are not made of one piece and can unscrew from each other AND there is some intensely complex milling done to accommodate the eyes/hinge system makes me appreciate this gun all that much more. I am very happy to pick this one up.

Thanks for looking!

Old feedback +5/-0

Last edited by RedJin : 11-25-2019 at 05:34 PM.
Old 01-15-2018, 09:08 PM #3
tyler devloo.
Boing

nice collection!
Old 01-16-2018, 10:30 AM #4
crazyboarder9999
~~The Insurance Guy John

crazyboarder9999 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
 plays in the NXL 2
crazyboarder9999 plays in the APPA D5 division
All guns I always wanted as a kid too, nice collection! If you ever want to part ways with the pink nexus or the sl66 let me know.
Stay low, shoot your lanes and have fun!
Ask me about insurance for your paintball field, league, shop, or products
crazyboarder9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 10:56 AM #5
haywoodjublomi
garden gnome of bpp

haywoodjublomi is a Supporting Member
haywoodjublomi owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
haywoodjublomi has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Man those first fades and the dark ego look amazing. Do you ever play anywhere in the Dallas area?

My collection

WTB: Anything AKA, Old school dynasty wdp jersey(s)

ಠ_ಠ
haywoodjublomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 11:30 AM #6
moosecakes
GWC #33

moosecakes is a Supporting Member
Hello ladies! Love the ego collection. If you'd sell the light trooper and/or SL66, pm me a price and I'll take them. Very nice collection
moosecakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 01:33 PM #7
Claudio
Small is beautifull

Claudio owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
Claudio supports Ninja Paintball
Claudio supports Empire
The "Storm Trooper" was a must have when it came out, unfortunately it was very expensive at the time and I never could afford it
Old 01-17-2018, 01:48 PM #8
moosecakes
GWC #33

moosecakes is a Supporting Member
^ Haha yes I remember that. I remember I managed to find a retailer that was getting them in stock at like 7 AM, stalked the site and managed to get one ordered BNIB for somewhere around $2000. Good times. I have a dark trooper now, would love to add its counterpart to the collection.
moosecakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 09:23 PM #9
RedJin

Thank you guys, I really appreciate it! I had no idea the light trooper was the ego to get back in the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haywoodjublomi View Post
Man those first fades and the dark ego look amazing. Do you ever play anywhere in the Dallas area?
I do from time to time. Usually at fort pb. That's actually where I picked up the light trooper in the summer of '08

Old feedback +5/-0
Old 01-22-2018, 02:12 AM #10
FirePro84
Airsmith - Gun Tech

FirePro84 is a Supporting Member
FirePro84 plays in the USPL
FirePro84 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
FirePro84 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
FirePro84 supports Ninja Paintball
very nice set!

I don't have a 4B kit but i do have the missing jewels for the Quest if you are maybe interested. :-)
- w w w . P a i n t b a l l T e k . c o m

- West Coast Boston Paintball Twister Service Center

- Official Service Center for Planet Eclipse

- Palmers Pursuit Shop Factory Tech
FirePro84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 09:48 PM #11
RedJin

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirePro84 View Post
very nice set!

I don't have a 4B kit but i do have the missing jewels for the Quest if you are maybe interested. :-)
Thanks Tim! And I am very interested

Old feedback +5/-0
Old 02-16-2018, 11:23 PM #12
RedJin

Added a couple of items!

Old feedback +5/-0
Old 02-17-2018, 09:20 PM #13
Layfonz

cool
Layfonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 01:12 AM #14
Kevinkarczewski

Is the Blue/Silver Warped Timmy for sale?

Feedback
Kevinkarczewski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 11:25 AM #15
RedJin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinkarczewski View Post
Is the Blue/Silver Warped Timmy for sale?
I do not own it anymore. I believe ~B Dub~ on here owns it now.

Old feedback +5/-0
Old 02-27-2018, 03:34 PM #16
F1ipFREAK
NE Rebellion

F1ipFREAK plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
F1ipFREAK plays in the APPA D3 division
Wow, quite the collection!

That karni is beautiful
Old 04-02-2018, 01:33 PM #17
Kapchure
Pass the Wire

Kapchure owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
Kapchure has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Kapchure has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Kapchure supports Empire
very nice collection you have
Kapchure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 01:31 AM #18
daddynickels2016
Dirtyjerezzzz

daddynickels2016 is playing at Living Legends X
daddynickels2016 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
daddynickels2016 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
daddynickels2016 supports Empire
the fade !
daddynickels2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 08:27 PM #19
haywoodjublomi
garden gnome of bpp

haywoodjublomi is a Supporting Member
haywoodjublomi owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
haywoodjublomi has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I keep coming back and staring at those nexus egos... Such a nice collection

My collection

WTB: Anything AKA, Old school dynasty wdp jersey(s)

ಠ_ಠ
haywoodjublomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 10:05 PM #20
RedJin

Thanks guys! I will get this thread updated hopefully in the next week

Old feedback +5/-0
Old 06-15-2018, 04:00 PM #21
RedJin

Updated with some new markers and re-done pics.

Old feedback +5/-0