Old 02-29-2016, 11:53 AM #1
John
Administrator

John is an Administrator
 is playing at Living Legends XI
John supports Empire
John is All In
Exclamation The Perfect Paintball Gun-up Slide - Paintball Instructional Video

Scott Kemp of the LA Ironmen just sent us this video showing you how to slide gun up. The goal is to get you into your bunker fast and low but still have your gun on target fast.

Thanks as always to BKiPaintball for the video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1ATJY269xY

Want to see more FREE paintball videos? - The best way to get more is to LIKE on Youtube and also subscribe!
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-29-2016, 01:34 PM #2
SHaYDeE

has been a member for 10 years
Thanks for the vid. I always slid like that.

Sherwood Forest Paintball -
http://www.paintballforest.com
SHaYDeE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 01:37 PM #3
JordanPischke
Canadian Baller

JordanPischke supports Ninja Paintball
JordanPischke supports Empire
Very informative and helpful! I gotta go find my free week bki subscription code I got from badlands and use it here this year if it's even still valid that is. If I really enjoy the program I will definitely consider buying a year sub. Haha and then if I get the go sports thing with the paintball university I won't have any excuse to be terrible at paintball haha.
JordanPischke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 02:07 PM #4
safariguy5
Bear Cavalry

is playing at Dead Legends
safariguy5 owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
safariguy5 plays in the APPA D5 division
safariguy5 has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
safariguy5 supports Ninja Paintball
safariguy5 supports Empire
I like the double bunker drill to practice getting the gun up and getting dominance on sliding to both sides. I'm definitely better sliding to my right.
Infinite Resistance #21

Bay Area Blacklist

Sour Apple Gtek 160R for sale
safariguy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 04:37 PM #5
JME011

Thank you for sharing and helping out !!! Great video and enjoy learning more from the Pro's!!
JME011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 08:29 PM #6
fuzz1611

fuzz1611 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
fuzz1611 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanPischke View Post
Very informative and helpful! I gotta go find my free week bki subscription code I got from badlands and use it here this year if it's even still valid that is. If I really enjoy the program I will definitely consider buying a year sub. Haha and then if I get the go sports thing with the paintball university I won't have any excuse to be terrible at paintball haha.
BKi is awesome. Money well spent!!! The best part is how easily accessible Grayson and Scott are for help through emails and Facebook.
fuzz1611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 03:43 AM #7
talebi007

I think we all know where we've seen thee "Perfect Paintball Gun-Up Slide"

talebi007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 10:07 AM #8
shifte_
fosho

Anyone that has played a good amount of baseball should know how to slide.
Old 03-01-2016, 04:37 PM #9
GraysonG
aka George Ocean

GraysonG is a Professional paintball player
GraysonG owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
GraysonG plays in the APPA Pro division
Quote:
Originally Posted by shifte_ View Post
Anyone that has played a good amount of baseball should know how to slide.
If you're talking about the head first baseball dive then yes. The feet first version has created more bad habits for paintball players than probably anything else.

I'm constantly teaching players to lean their upper body weight into dives. Most players typically lean back (exactly like the baseball 'slide') creating a harder impact and a bigger target as they slide in.
BKiTk
GraysonG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 04:41 PM #10
aarospoon13
Isaiah 41:10

aarospoon13 is BST Legit
aarospoon13 plays in the APPA beginner division
aarospoon13 supports Ninja Paintball
aarospoon13 owns a Planet Eclipse LVR
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraysonG View Post
If you're talking about the head first baseball dive then yes. The feet first version has created more bad habits for paintball players than probably anything else. I'm constantly teaching players to lean their upper body weight into dives. Most players typically lean back (exactly like the baseball 'slide') creating a harder impact and a bigger target as they slide in.
the lean back is a hard habit to break for sure even without baseball in your history. It "feels" safer and more controlled. I watched one of your BKI video clips on youtube where you repeatedly had people do a two step and one knee slide into a bunker and even after demonstrating and explaining, it was still difficult for those guys to break that automatic mental habit. Cool follow up solo training video to complement that part of some other guys' training video.
Old 03-01-2016, 05:46 PM #11
GraysonG
aka George Ocean

GraysonG is a Professional paintball player
GraysonG owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
GraysonG plays in the APPA Pro division
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarospoon13 View Post
the lean back is a hard habit to break for sure even without baseball in your history. It "feels" safer and more controlled. I watched one of your BKI video clips on youtube where you repeatedly had people do a two step and one knee slide into a bunker and even after demonstrating and explaining, it was still difficult for those guys to break that automatic mental habit. Cool follow up solo training video to complement that part of some other guys' training video.
It's something we've covered in even more depth at BKi. I was actually approached by a biomechanics expert and one of his first videos on the site covers this exact problem. He does a much better job explaining the problem and solution.

One of the best tricks is to force people into the correct movement. Did the video you watch include me holding a stick or blower up and making the students slide underneath it?
BKiTk
GraysonG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 05:54 PM #12
aarospoon13

aarospoon13 is BST Legit
Quote:
It's something we've covered in even more depth at BKi. I was actually approached by a biomechanics expert and one of his first videos on the site covers this exact problem. He does a much better job explaining the problem and solution. One of the best tricks is to force people into the correct movement. Did the video you watch include me holding a stick or blower up and making the students slide underneath it?
Yessir when they had to slide into the snake after putting their mirror in from the insert. You might have another member in me soon on your website soon sir! Everything "sounds simple" but like most things, its only that simple to those who are most experienced in it. Seems like there's a wealth of knowledge and info I'm missing out on too. Plus... I could some good ol superfitman Scott Kemp teachings to get into fighting shape.
Old 03-01-2016, 06:14 PM #13
corleap

plays in the NXL
corleap plays in the MiLP
corleap plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Yessir when they had to slide into the snake after putting their mirror in from the insert. You might have another member in me soon on your website soon sir! Everything "sounds simple" but like most things, its only that simple to those who are most experienced in it. Seems like there's a wealth of knowledge and info I'm missing out on too. Plus... I could some good ol superfitman Scott Kemp teachings to get into fighting shape.
You couldn't have said it better that everything "sounds simple" but only because the most experienced are teaching it. I am the Biomechanics Coach that has the opportunity to help Grayson and Scott bring that "wealth of knowledge" to the BKi community. My job is to break down the skill the pros find so easy to accomplish into the simplest muscular movements I can. These individual movements should be easier to practice to put together into the full skill. Go snag one of the week memberships and check it out, then come back for more. lol. There are plenty more videos to come.
corleap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 11:58 PM #14
Cracker with a gun
My friend made my name

Cracker with a gun supports Cereal Killerz 2
Cracker with a gun owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
Cracker with a gun is Boss
Cracker with a gun supports Ninja Paintball
man i wish more people would watch this lol. Its so painful watching terrible slides.
Cracker with a gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 04:43 AM #15
chrisrlyon

chrisrlyon is BST Trusted
chrisrlyon has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
chrisrlyon has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
chrisrlyon has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
chrisrlyon supports DLX Technology
chrisrlyon supports Ninja Paintball
Legs same as a baseball side essentially but upper body weight distribution different
Old 03-03-2016, 04:36 PM #16
shifte_
fosho

Quote:
If you're talking about the head first baseball dive then yes. The feet first version has created more bad habits for paintball players than probably anything else.

I'm constantly teaching players to lean their upper body weight into dives. Most players typically lean back (exactly like the baseball 'slide') creating a harder impact and a bigger target as they slide in.
I think baseball head/feet would be both. I was always taught to slide feet first if I could see the ball and where was going. With a twist of the foot and push of hand you could pop up instantly and take off. The paintball slide is almost that exact motion just a little more upright upper body. Good video though. Its amazing of the amount of people that put their body and equipment through the ringer because they don't know how to slide properly.
Old 03-03-2016, 05:25 PM #17
aarospoon13

aarospoon13 is BST Legit
Quote:
Originally Posted by shifte_ View Post
I think baseball head/feet would be both. I was always taught to slide feet first if I could see the ball and where was going. With a twist of the foot and push of hand you could pop up instantly and take off. The paintball slide is almost that exact motion just a little more upright upper body.
Should be less upright upper body. From what I've seen in these videos and of course, logically speaking, you should be as low to the ground as possible while maintaining enough posture and a brake and pop up point on your wide leg to swing it around and then pivot up.

Upright = bigger target/longer time before the largest part of your body (unless you have mucho thunder thighs) is behind cover.

Leaning forward with your offhand as your pivot from which you swing your wide leg = a lower more concentrated target and less time with the largest part of your body exposed out of the bunker.
Old 03-04-2016, 09:49 AM #18
shifte_
fosho

Quote:
Should be less upright upper body. From what I've seen in these videos and of course, logically speaking, you should be as low to the ground as possible while maintaining enough posture and a brake and pop up point on your wide leg to swing it around and then pivot up.

Upright = bigger target/longer time before the largest part of your body (unless you have mucho thunder thighs) is behind cover.

Leaning forward with your offhand as your pivot from which you swing your wide leg = a lower more concentrated target and less time with the largest part of your body exposed out of the bunker.
Maybe I phrased that incorrectly. A paintball slide is more upright compared to a baseball slide for obvious reasons.
Old 03-04-2016, 12:47 PM #19
BMJoker
Seasonal Streetballer

Annual Supporting Member
BMJoker donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by talebi007 View Post
I think we all know where we've seen thee "Perfect Paintball Gun-Up Slide"

Takes me back to when X-ball was about moving, not holding lanes.
Old 03-09-2016, 07:44 PM #20
CockersRl33t
Bunkering Corp.

CockersRl33t plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMJoker View Post
Takes me back to when X-ball was about moving, not holding lanes.
what do you think is the main reason that changed? Is it just people learned better ways to go about playing, or was it the race to format? Goin back to timed might help it go back, along with the new center w