CS@PbNation is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
CS@PbNation supports Cereal Killerz 2
CS@PbNation donated to help Peyton Trent
CS@PbNation supports Sherwood Forest
CS@PbNation supports our troops
Why we are closing the NPPL Forum and blocking the NPPL web cast

Why we are closing the NPPL Forum and blocking the NPPL web cast

Sometimes you just have to take stand. This is one of those times.

We just learned that our friends from Monkey with a Gun and all the other paintball filmmakers have been locked out of center court for filming during the entire Boston event.

The short story is that the NPPL President has cut a deal with Fox to put the event on TV but this deal excludes all of the paintball filmmakers from access to the center court. They can film all the other courts just not the center court. All of you know how important the center court is to a NPPL event. This is the first time in many years that the hard working, dedicated individuals who promote our industry with great paintball films have been locked out of filming on the main field.

This season many of you have noticed that we have greatly reduced our coverage and support of the NPPL series and now we feel that we have to completely end our coverage and support of this series.

Enough is enough.

So to that end we have placed the live broadcast sites, the home page and others on the swear filter and we are also going to close and lock the NPPL forum in a few days.

We hope that you will understand and support this decision and also voice your opinion to the owners and management of the league so perhaps things can be turned around.

As always your continued support is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Ed
President
PbNation LLC
Advertisement
Old 07-13-2007, 09:38 PM #2
Planet Eclipse Kidz

wow..
Old 07-13-2007, 09:38 PM #3
Crypt

Link everybody to this thread directly through the NPPL banner under. It will keep a lot of confusion down.
Old 07-13-2007, 09:40 PM #4
Tivo32
Be Clutch

way to be pbnation. Couldn't agree more with this decision. I met patrick and I believe it was his wife at the MWAG booth today. Nicest people in the world. Way to stand up for the little people pbnation
Old 07-13-2007, 09:40 PM #5
Orion.
Visor up! Heads downnnnnn

Orion. plays in the PSP
Orion. owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Orion. plays in the APPA D5 division
Wow this is lame, but I understand its best for business.
Old 07-13-2007, 09:41 PM #6
N3RVE25
Divers do it deeper

N3RVE25 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Stick it to the man!

"Originally posted by za1e: simple detective work can be very helpfull when ****ing someones **** up via smalltalk."
"Originally posted by youknowit546: I don't care what you call him but you must get him a cape. Frogs ****ing love capes."

VIVA LA TITSMANIA!!!
Old 07-13-2007, 09:41 PM #7
Cabooser
Cozy in XSV OT

NPPL sucks... Why would they exclude everyone? Twits
Old 07-13-2007, 09:41 PM #8
bama Pballer

that's just not right, they should still be allowed to film it.Pretty crappy move by the pres.
Old 07-13-2007, 09:41 PM #9
Mr.JimJims

Oh snap!
Old 07-13-2007, 09:43 PM #10
MidnightPurple_Blunt

huh?
Old 07-13-2007, 09:44 PM #11
AzNowNz
Out of country 2/12/14

AzNowNz plays in the PSP
AzNowNz plays in the APPA D2 division
AzNowNz supports Empire
So just because they keep MWAG out from the NPPL field you're gonna close the NPPL Forums and block the NPPL web cast?? If you ask me, it seems like if PBNation doesn't get it their way they'll ban or block you. I've been a suporter of PBNation but this is just plain stupid, along with other things that PBNation has blocked.
Old 07-13-2007, 09:45 PM #12
Dkepp™
OG

Dkepp™ plays in the USPL
Dkepp™ plays in the PSP
Dkepp™ owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
I dont think this is a great idea because the terms at hand were prolly set by fox and do you think that they are going to turn down a tv contract to cater to pb film makers who aren't doing really anything for nppl.
Old 07-13-2007, 09:45 PM #13
ladiesman217
Its just an option....

wow.. i beginning to sway towards PSP more now.
Old 07-13-2007, 09:45 PM #14
Nalayah

Good move!

1978 Suzuki GS750
2000 Honda CBR 600 F4
Old 07-13-2007, 09:46 PM #15
peltco123 (Banned)

peltco123 is a Professional paintball player
peltco123 plays in the PSP
peltco123 plays in the APPA D3 division
Rick Rolled
Old 07-13-2007, 09:47 PM #16
99GenX
Well?

Stickin' it to the man...
Old 07-13-2007, 09:47 PM #17
pbs9

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNowNz View Post
So just because they keep MWAG out from the NPPL field you're gonna close the NPPL Forums and block the NPPL web cast?? If you ask me, it seems like if PBNation doesn't get it their way they'll ban or block you. I've been a suporter of PBNation but this is just plain stupid, along with other things that PBNation has blocked.
u got it backwards
Old 07-13-2007, 09:48 PM #18
ptaffy2002

everyone should say somethin to the effect of "let the filmmakers who made the sport as big as it is back on the main field" in the shout out box on the live webcast site tommorow
Old 07-13-2007, 09:48 PM #19
Vegard
LOST

Vegard is a Supporting Member
Vegard is a founding member
Vegard is Boss
, not much more to be said.
-growing older is mandatory – growing up is optional-
Old 07-13-2007, 09:49 PM #20
Venom 13
New Orleans Venom # 13

Venom 13 is an NCPA player
Venom 13 supports Ninja Paintball
Venom 13 is All In
It is an unfortunate course of action by the NPPL president, but it may have some positive and an even greater purpose for the sport of paintball. Yes, it "sucks" that many dedicated/hard-working filming companies are not allowed to cover the center court, but the deal with FOX may lead to the greater common goal for paintball as a sport. It may finally have a greater chance of being more accepted as a sport by a mainstream audience. Let's face it...most of the people who already play paintball are the people purchasing these DVDs. With FOX covering the event it may receive a wider viewing audience and create new interest in the non-paintball community. Yes, I have already considered both sides of this arguement and have to side with the "greater good" for the sake of a new paintball fan base. Just my two cents... I'm not here to argue, just wanted to give my opinion. The "end justifies the means."-Niccolo Machaivelli

-Matt

EDIT: The reason FOX wants exclusive rights for center field is that so no film company creates a DVD which would b basically the same format as the FOX broadcast. If someone made tht style of DVD, the people who have already purchased/watched the DVD would probably not make it a point to make sure they are home and tune into FOX at that broadcast time. This way they not only create a demand for the show by already dedicated paintballers, but they reach a new audience at the same time.

Last edited by Venom 13 : 07-13-2007 at 09:57 PM.
Old 07-13-2007, 09:49 PM #21
Tivo32
Be Clutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dkepp™ View Post
I dont think this is a great idea because the terms at hand were prolly set by fox and do you think that they are going to turn down a tv contract to cater to pb film makers who aren't doing really anything for nppl.
I doubt Fox Sports even knows who MWAG or Derder are. And what does it matter if they use the footage for their film. People are gonna watch it on tv no matter what.
Closed Thread

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.