PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 04:39 PM #1
haydenisking

haydenisking is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
What to Expect On Your First Day of Paintball (New updated version coming soon)

So you have found the sport of paintball, welcome to a wonderful world of team building, communication, and just plain fun.

Before You Go
1.Find a field, using Google, Pbnation(the website you are on now), and Pbreview(www.pbreview.com)
2.Read the reviews on pbreview.com, most likely if no one speaks kindly on a particular field, it probably is not were you want to play your first game of paintball, after all you want your first game of play to be a good one!
3.Get directions to the field on map quest or Google maps, it might sound silly, but due to the space and zoning requirements of paintball fields they are often in very obscure places.
4.Make sure to call the field ahead of time, to arrange rental gear and to make sure the field isn't closed for team practice or other event. Ask the owners any question you might have, as well as well as any group pricing or other deals that might be in effect.
5. Were a set of clothing that you don't mind getting dirty, the paint we use won't stain your cloths, but dirt, mud, and grass will.(I would recommend an old pair of jeans and a T-Shirts, depending on weather.)
6.Make sure you pack LOTS of Gatorade and Water, you will most likely be very very hot after play.
7.Consider bringing snacks and sandwiches, many fields do carry food, but the verity if often very limited.
8. ALL decent fields will require that you sign a waver (if they don't this most likely means they are uninsured), and Minors must have a parent of guardian sign there waiver[so if you are taking a child that isn't your make sure that you have there parents sign a waiver form(often found on the paintballs fields website, like this one)]. The hard part is over, now it is fun time.

When You Reach the Field
1.Talk to the field owner, or a referee, about what to do, and were to park, you don't want to park your car (or spouses) car in the middle of the playing field.
2.Unload your equipment near the "Staging Area", this will prevent long runs to the car seconds before the game because you forgot something.
3.Leave anything you don't want to lose (the iPod, Black Berry, and things of that nature) in your car, you will be sliding, running, jumping, and hiding behind things.
4.Then move your car away from the field of play and Staging area, this allows other players to unload there car in the same fashion you did.

Get Ready To Play
1.Have someone from your group go talk to an employee of the paintball field about how you should go about payment, and receiving rental gear. This will avoid a lot of chaos that slows things down and is very frustrating to field owners.
2.Get your rental gear and sit down! don't mosey around, or play with your paintball marker, in your hand you hold a gun the propels paintballs in speeds upwards of 200 mph.
3.A referee will take you to a safety brief, listen here 200%, it make referees very upset when people aren't listening, horse playing, or making other distractions. Paintball is very safe if you fallow all of the rules from the safety brief.
4.After your safety brief a referee will take your gun and “chrono” it, this is short for chrongraphing, measuring the velocity of the paint ball, this should be between 280-300 feet per second.

Now It Is Time For the Fun To Begin
1.When you go onto the field make sure your mask is on and barrel sock is in, and your mask on.
2.Go to your collective start station, and wait for orders from the referee, as he or she might be issuing you special instructions for that game.
3. Listen to the referee for the pre-game start commands, first a referee will check that everyone's mask is on, then the ref will allow you to remove your barrel block and fire a few test shots. Then the referee will yell the fallowing commands "Team 1 are you ready?" then someone from team one will respond "Team 1 ready." "Team two are you ready?" "Team 2 ready" then the ref will count down from 3 and when the ref hits 1 he will scream "GO GO GO!", now you are off. (example count down "Game Starts in 3..... 2..... 1...... GO GO GO!")
4.I can not stress the importance of masks enough!

After You Play
1.Ask a referee if there is any particular fashion that they want your gear turned in.
2.Make sure you are cleared to leave, make sure that you don't need to pay for an extra item.
3.TIP YOUR REF!, they work in the hot sun a get paid diddley squat.

Thanks For Reading, I will make edits as need be, if anyone sees any type-o's or other errors please PM me so I can correct them.

Have fun play fair, and don’t ever ever cheat.
I realize the formating makes it hard on the eyes, I will correct it later.

Last edited by haydenisking : 04-02-2007 at 07:37 AM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-19-2007, 04:41 PM #2
aboogabooga
Yes...I'm Asian!

Sticky!!!!!!
Old 02-19-2007, 04:49 PM #3
josh_did_what?

Old 02-19-2007, 05:24 PM #4
haydenisking

Thanks Guys, I am trying to get a hold of a mod now.
Old 02-19-2007, 05:50 PM #5
imguessingurgay
4skn

imguessingurgay is a Supporting Member
imguessingurgay is playing at Living Legends III
imguessingurgay owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
imguessingurgay has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
viva la sticky

Five Star Pressure Washing
Old 02-19-2007, 06:14 PM #6
haydenisking

In the general thread....
Old 02-19-2007, 06:14 PM #7
SpyderBiter
TrollRapeSurprise

Quote:
Originally Posted by haydenisking View Post
So you have found the sport of paintball, welcome to a wonderful world of team building, communication, and just plain fun. And alot of money you could've spent on something more important spent on paint and other stuff.

Before You Go
1.Find a field, using Google, Pbnation(the website you are on now), and Pbreview(www.pbreview.com)
2.Read the reviews on pbreview.com, most likely if no one speaks kindly on a particular field, it probably is not were you want to play your first game of paintball, after all you want your first game of play to be a good one!
3.Get directions to the field on map quest or Google maps, it might sound silly, but due to the space and zoning requirements of paintball fields they are often in very obscure places.
4.Make sure to call the field ahead of time, to arrange rental gear and to make sure the field isn't closed for team practice or other event. Ask the owners any question you might have, as well as well as any group pricing or other deals that might be in effect.
5. Were a set of clothing that you don't mind getting dirty, the paint we use won't stain your cloths, but dirt, mud, and grass will.(I would recommend an old pair of jeans and a T-Shirts, depending on weather.)
6.Make sure you pack LOTS of Gatorade and Water, you will most likely be very very hot after play.
7.Consider bringing snacks and sandwiches, many fields do carry food, but the verity if often very limited.
8. ALL decent fields will require that you sign a waver (if they don't this most likely means they are uninsured), and Minors must have a parent of guardian sign there waiver[so if you are taking a child that isn't your make sure that you have there parents sign a waiver form(often found on the paintballs fields website, like this one)]. The hard part is over, now it is fun time.

When You Reach the Field
1.Talk to the field owner, or a referee, about what to do, and were to park, you don't want to park your car (or spouses) car in the middle of the playing field.
2.Unload your equipment near the "Staging Area", this will prevent long runs to the car seconds before the game because you forgot something.
3.Leave anything you don't want to lose (the iPod, Black Berry, and things of that nature) in your car, you will be sliding, running, jumping, and hiding behind things.
4.Then move your car away from the field of play and Staging area, this allows other players to unload there car in the same fashion you did.

Get Ready To Play
1.Have someone from your group go talk to an employee of the paintball field about how you should go about payment, and receiving rental gear. This will avoid a lot of chaos that slows things down and is very frustrating to field owners.
2.Get your rental gear and sit down! don't mosey around, or play with your paintball marker, in your hand you hold a gun the propels paintballs in speeds upwards of 200 mph.
3.A referee will take you to a safety brief, listen here 200%, it make referees very upset when people aren't listening, horse playing, or making other distractions. Paintball is very safe if you fallow all of the rules from the safety brief.
4.After your safety brief a referee will take your gun and “chrono” it, this is short for chrongraphing, measuring the velocity of the paint ball, this should be between 280-300 feet per second.

Now It Is Time For the Fun To Begin
1.When you go onto the field make sure your mask is on and barrel sock is in, and your mask on.
2.Go to your collective start station, and wait for orders from the referee, as he or she might be issuing you special instructions for that game.
3. Listen to the referee for the pre-game start commands, first a referee will check that everyone's mask is on, then the ref will allow you to remove your barrel block and fire a few test shots. Then the referee will yell the fallowing commands "Team 1 are you ready?" then someone from team one will respond "Team 1 ready." "Team two are you ready?" "Team 2 ready" then the ref will count down from 3 and when the ref hits 1 he will scream "GO GO GO!", now you are off. (example count down "Game Starts in 3..... 2..... 1...... GO GO GO!")
4.I can not stress the importance of masks enough!

After You Play
1.Ask a referee if there is any particular fashion that they want your gear turned in.
2.Make sure you are cleared to leave, make sure that you don't need to pay for an extra item.

Thanks For Reading, I will make edits as need be, if anyone sees any type-o's or other errors please PM me so I can correct them.

Have fun play fair, and don’t ever ever cheat.
I realize the formating makes it hard on the eyes, I will correct it later.

fixed at the end of the first sentence.
Old 02-19-2007, 06:15 PM #8
SpyderBiter
TrollRapeSurprise

that was a joke though, don't really take that like i wanted you to change it. STICKY
Old 02-19-2007, 06:21 PM #9
SpyderBiter
TrollRapeSurprise

Oh. And also, I would like to ask if you would like to make a slight change.

There may be people who aren't there just to play paintball, some people may want a new harness or anything else that would be easy to steal. If you there are any, put your stuff in a locker and lock it.
Old 02-19-2007, 06:25 PM #10
ryland52586
Mantastic

i congratulate you on an amazing post!!!

remember kids, dont be afraid to get shot, it doesn't hurt.

I found the cure for growing older.
Old 02-19-2007, 06:29 PM #11
[!]ns4niTy//[M]0tiV3
• ekg photography •

[!]ns4niTy//[M]0tiV3 is an NCPA player
[!]ns4niTy//[M]0tiV3 plays in the APPA beginner division
yeah thats true about the stealing part but the harness supposed to be you on you the whole time, just keep belongs safe. and if its woods have someone watch your gear. stickly.
Old 02-19-2007, 06:35 PM #12
SpyderBiter
TrollRapeSurprise

True ins4nity, I was just trying to get my point across.
Old 02-19-2007, 08:14 PM #13
tullyx
Rockin' my blue NXT

great post, sticky please!
Old 02-19-2007, 08:37 PM #14
paintballer777
B Madison

paintballer777 donated to help Peyton Trent
paintballer777 is playing at Living Legends III
paintballer777 supports Team VICIOUS
paintballer777 posts videos on PbNation
sticky!

UL'd Dm4
Old 02-19-2007, 08:39 PM #15
wilonpill
I eat paint.

You tip refs?
Old 02-19-2007, 08:59 PM #16
RuFiO13
Doogan

Quote:
Originally Posted by haydenisking View Post
I love this part...now only if people would pick up on it especially when if you are in a private party.
Old 02-19-2007, 09:05 PM #17
speedball0123

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilonpill View Post
You tip refs?
haha i was thinking the sme thing, but maybe he is a ref and wants people to start tipping him
Old 02-19-2007, 09:55 PM #18
mfmpaintball
Quitter

I hate to be a negative nancy on this great post.
But
Most people don't sign on pbnation before there first day of play. Most of the time it's afterwards.
Its good though and deserves a sticky!
Old 02-20-2007, 04:56 PM #19
haydenisking

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedball0123 View Post
haha i was thinking the sme thing, but maybe he is a ref and wants people to start tipping him
You haven't been tipped.....? haha, sucks for you.
I will work on all of the recommendations that were made, thanks.
Old 02-20-2007, 05:01 PM #20
eforcegtid00d
factorypb

eforcegtid00d plays in the PSP
eforcegtid00d owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I could have sworn that I've seen an extremely similar guide before...
Old 02-20-2007, 09:39 PM #21
haydenisking

Find it and let me know, this is now in the general thread.
I have received quite a few recommendations, through pm's and I want to thank everyone, keep them coming.

I should have all of the changes made by wed. nigh.... hayden.
Closed Thread