Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-02-2019, 02:49 PM #1
FL_Baller

What was the most EPIC paintball game you ever saw?

What was the most EPIC paintball game you ever saw? What was the most epic paintball moment for you?

EPIC GAME

For me, it was in 1995 in Pembroke Pines, Florida. Two paintball teams were having a scrimmage match, so they removed the rec players to watch - that was me. The Vipers had 12 players against the Bushmasters with 7 players (a 12 v 7 match), bear in mind this was the Viper's home field and they had almost double the players in the game. Almost all of the Viper's had autocockers, the leading paintball marker of the day.

At least one of the Bushmaster's was playing with a pump gun (it was a custom pump with gold plating). Thru communication, team work, and skill the Bushmaster's eliminated all twelve the the Vipers losing only one Bushmaster. I had never seen anything like it before or since.

EPIC MOMENT

In July 2006, I went to Skirmish, PA for the Invasion of Normandy. I was in a landing craft. The front of the landing craft door dropped and a "case" of paintballs came flying at front of the land craft. At the time there were few bunkers to hide behind.
Patent Attorney
Palm Beach County, Florida
FL_Baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-15-2019, 09:18 PM #2
bhsp8ntballer07
Big Jeff

has been a member for 10 years
bhsp8ntballer07 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
bhsp8ntballer07 is an NCPA player
bhsp8ntballer07 plays in the APPA D5 division
bhsp8ntballer07 is Legendary
playing 5 man NCPA nationals with EKU in 07-08, end of the last day of prelims. statistically we were out from moving on. Just decided to have fun last game. We all yelled flying V and all 5 players attempted to break the x off the break. 4 of us got blown to pieces, the 5th player made it through and bunkered the last 2 guys.
--Iron Man Luxe 1.5--
--09 Vicious Geo--
#OutlawUp
bhsp8ntballer07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 01:02 AM #3
Fubarius
Wow, it is blue.

Fubarius is a Moderator
Fubarius supports our troops
There was the game I reffed back in, oh, 2000 or so. Small field down in central Illinois. Not many trees down there, so the field was a big open plain with spools, shipping crates, tires, logs, all the classic "what can we scrounge up for free" bunkers found on a asymmetrical recreational speedball'ish field. Quite large though, about 300 feet long by 200 feet wide. It was one of the largest rental groups we've ever had, plus some of the group has their own gear, and they wanted to have the other walk-on players join in (equally divided of course), and once word got out it was going to be an epic sized game the regulars all made it a point to show up. So we ended up with basically a speedball game on an over sized field with over 50 players per side. I stand in the middle of the field and call "Game on!" and paint starts to arc over my head. There was enough that I swear it got a bit darker, as the paint literally blocked out the sun.

Nunquam emere possis quae facitis
Fubarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 12:45 PM #4
bhsp8ntballer07
Big Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubarius View Post
There was the game I reffed back in, oh, 2000 or so. Small field down in central Illinois. Not many trees down there, so the field was a big open plain with spools, shipping crates, tires, logs, all the classic "what can we scrounge up for free" bunkers found on a asymmetrical recreational speedball'ish field. Quite large though, about 300 feet long by 200 feet wide. It was one of the largest rental groups we've ever had, plus some of the group has their own gear, and they wanted to have the other walk-on players join in (equally divided of course), and once word got out it was going to be an epic sized game the regulars all made it a point to show up. So we ended up with basically a speedball game on an over sized field with over 50 players per side. I stand in the middle of the field and call "Game on!" and paint starts to arc over my head. There was enough that I swear it got a bit darker, as the paint literally blocked out the sun.
sounds like the start of most big games without all the trees to block the paint streams. That had to have been fun.
--Iron Man Luxe 1.5--
--09 Vicious Geo--
#OutlawUp
Old 06-26-2019, 09:48 AM #5
NoodleKranker

NoodleKranker owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_Baller View Post
EPIC MOMENT

In July 2006, I went to Skirmish, PA for the Invasion of Normandy. I was in a landing craft. The front of the landing craft door dropped and a "case" of paintballs came flying at front of the land craft. At the time there were few bunkers to hide behind.
My friends and I go to the Invasion of Normandy almost every year. It is insanity. 4-5000 players throughout the weekend is awesome. We always get put on the German team so we are the ones throwing cases of paint as soon as those doors drop
NoodleKranker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 05:36 PM #6
aclark364
say no to wall hangers

aclark364 owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
aclark364 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
aclark364 supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoodleKranker View Post
My friends and I go to the Invasion of Normandy almost every year. It is insanity. 4-5000 players throughout the weekend is awesome. We always get put on the German team so we are the ones throwing cases of paint as soon as those doors drop
the sound of 4000 paintball guns going off at the same time is amazing
aclark364 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 11:25 PM #7
bhsp8ntballer07
Big Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by aclark364 View Post
the sound of 4000 paintball guns going off at the same time is amazing
the sound of 200-300 is amazing, I can't imagine 3,000. that sounds rad.
--Iron Man Luxe 1.5--
--09 Vicious Geo--
#OutlawUp
Old 07-22-2019, 07:18 PM #8
paintballsquared

So many epic moments, I guess the one that sticks out to me because it’s funny to think about. Blackcat paintball productions 24hr scenario game, night play, I lead a couple of buds right into enemy camp, tell them pretend like you belong and don’t shoot until I do... well I finally shot and all hell broke loose, my buds and I dropped to the ground as thousands of balls wiz over top, the enemy players are now shooting at themselves, a group of 5 here , a group of 20 there , a dozen there balls flying everywhere, eventually it dies down and lines and lines of people have called “hit” and are walking back to the dead box. Many choice words and angry players, saying things like “you guys better be on the other team” they weren’t though, all those players were on the same team, they just shot each other. I’ve been laughing about that moment for years.
paintballsquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 04:00 PM #9
Jsylv85

This past weekend at mvps I watched a guy about 250 pds run down the middle right on the break and bunker all 5 guys himself lmao about a 15 second point haha
Jsylv85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 07:39 AM #10
Subterfuge
Arctic Wolf

Subterfuge owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
You can make some new guy's day epic in some regard if you see that the other team is stacking against his team.

Sandbag onto his team and say nothing as the other team berates them and quietly line up at the starting box.

The game starts and you tear the other team to shreds who have what they thought were the better markers, and more paint to protect themselves. Sometimes they are so used to shooting fish in a barrel, they fall apart fast enough for you to only use half a hopper.

Some people will tell you they will remember that day forever.

Did this one day to a wannabe tournament team with the same jerseys who thought they were going to own us and were completely vocal about this. Their seven man team went down in under 30 seconds. No one took snake corner, so my backman told me to crawl to the end of it. I stopped half way, took out four of their guys that were in the front, and then crawled to the back and bunkered their three guys that were shooting in the home bunker. At the time in the early 2000s it was super cool to clump three guys in the home bunker. But these dorks didn't know how to lane or understand the purpose of crowding the home bunker was to lane on the break, and then ferret out to your bunkers when you either hit your targets or you missed. Perhaps my backmen trapped them, dunno. They were trying to find some cheater to crucify, but the refs were laughing at them as I sat on the bench saying nothing.

Had a similar instance in a scenario game when 30 on 30 on opposite sides in a 24 hour scenario game bumped into each other 10-20 feet away in the dark. I stopped and kneeled down when I thought I saw movement in the shadows ahead. Suddenly this light pierced the darkness, and I fell backwards unloading as much as I could. The sound molded into one roar like a tornado and was litup from head to toe, because I couldn't roll off the trail. A fence blocked me. I was the pointman. The other super oldschool veteran pointman that was training me, was using my teenage ears to detect people before we saw them. I guess I failed, or we ran into the other team's special forces that were able to use some sort of noise discipline. We had too many newbies on our team that were talking too much because they were afraid, which pissed off the veteran. Weasel was his alias, but I don't think anyone would know him, but the oldest veterans from the beginning of paintball.

Anyway it didn't matter, the oldschool vet rolled off the side of the trail that didn't have the fence, and managed to destroy the other team by sneaking up behind them and eliminating them one by one.
Subterfuge is offline   Reply With Quote