imped4now
BTFU

has been a member for 10 years
imped4now owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
imped4now supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noa Bo View Post
https://youtu.be/967xYoMvp70

Okay I see a change in the bolt and valve in the Infinity Drive and Iím excited for two reasons- 1) it takes away the rear opening that might be somewhat harsh on the valve orings, due to a scraping type of action. 2) me actually recognizing something like this is kind of cool, haha. So this new Infinity Drive looks to be more reliable just from that small change. The valve ditches the plastic cone and now looks more like something from the gamma core drives, like in the TM40. That is just a wild guess that itís similar, weíll need the experts to chime in.
The elimination of the exit ports in the bolt means that the bolt must completely decouple from the valve seal in order to fire - think original Clone 5 blue bolt. Whether the valve seal is crossing the exit port edge or fully decoupling, it's having to put up with *about* the same stresses. Every C5 gold and Infinity bolt I've analyzed has nice, smooth port edges but some really light sanding with polishing sandpaper can take care of any tiny burrs you can't feel by hand. That'll just help that 014 last longer.

It's interesting that they got rid of the nose cone, as that plays a role in softening what your ears pick up, as John mentioned. I suspect that they wanted to continue to reduce parts and failure modes, as that's been a major focus of theirs and I don't think it's a bad practice considering the demographic that purchases mid-end markers (and paintball players in general). I've provided a lot of feedback to Bourke on minor changes I think they could make to aid that target, such as moving to a thicker valve seal, looking at seal fitment in a couple areas....stuff like that. It looks like he's listened, so I can't fault them for those changes.

Copy/pasted:

Changes I see:

1) Air sear seal spacing increased (no performance or shot characteristic change)

2) No more SFR groove between the air sear seals

3) Firing exit ports removed from bolt, reducing the bolt length (think original Clone 5 blue bolt)

4) Valve seal looks to be a 2mm CS now for added durability

5) To fire, the bolt must fully decouple from the valve seal (think C5 blue bolt vs Gold/Infinity bolt)

6) No more valve nose to calm the shot sound

7) Fewer supply grooves in the bolt

Overall, same function and supply shutoff style with a slight change in how the bolt and valve communicate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironyusa View Post
For the life of me I can't understand why they don't just copy the crome2 with their bumper and shut-off. Even putting slots behind the valve instead of holes is something that was addressed between the crome1 and crome2 with holes contributing to a softer shot. It seems like macdev has kind of the opposite design ethos as me.
Crome valve seal size (which it looks like this may have) + Crome valve/nose design + MacDev bumper + MacDev shutoff would be a huge win. Combining those two designs would be cash money.
imped4now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-13-2021, 08:41 AM #3593
Noa Bo
Back Center = Bad Back

Annual Supporting Member
Noa Bo plays in the APPA D3 division
Imped
Dang it... I was off. But now that you mention the old Clone 5 blue bolt, I see it now.

I think Iím gonna need to see one in person before I can buy one. Hopefully one of the Uprising players brings one to the field for us to look at.

Shot quality is non issue these days. Hopefully the XDR can continue the trend. While shot quality is mentioned... what would happen if we wore ear plugs while shooting our markers? Would they all seem super similar? Could you tell a difference? Maybe. Just thought it would be interesting to try and see, as sound seems to play the biggest role in our perception of what is ďsmoothĒ. The recoil on paintball markers seem so insignificant.
-Operation Paintball [ woodsball and speedball ]
-DBS Pro Shop and Outdoor Field
-Ryan Podesta Gunfightersports.com
-Dye Precision
-Shocker Paintball and DLX Technologies
-Trademygun.com
-Virtue Paintball- Built To Win
https://virtuepb.com/?sca_ref=667267.6PUbRPX1na
-Adrenaline Paintball
2021 Setups Powered with Powerhouse Regs
-Dye DSR, Powerhouse HAYMKR Extended Reg, 68ci Tank, and CTRL Loader. [ speedball ]
-FLE Emek, Powerhouse HAYMKR Reg, 68ci Tank, and Dye Rotor. [ woodsball]
2021 Speedball Team Gunís 4 Hire: Fight Club and Minigunz
Noa Bo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 08:28 PM #3594
Bstealth

Wow Stealthy, that thing is beautiful! Most of those Iíve seen are just bleh but yours.... Gorgeous Did you have that annoed? I just havenít seen any looking that good.
Bstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 08:51 PM #3595
Mr. Stealthy

Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bstealth View Post
Wow Stealthy, that thing is beautiful! Most of those I’ve seen are just bleh but yours.... Gorgeous Did you have that annoed? I just haven’t seen any looking that good.
Thanks. It’s the first release Ryan Greenspan edition. The creamsicle barrel cover is my favorite part.

Last edited by Mr. Stealthy : 05-13-2021 at 08:53 PM.
Mr. Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 08:57 PM #3596
Bstealth

Has anyone here used & have any thoughts to the HK Lazer barrel kit? I found 1 for a good price for my luxe’s but have been happy with the Freak XL kit. I’d prefer to to get a stock XL barrel but haven’t seen them come up for sale. I just don’t want to wear/ damage my original barrels, so looking for a good replacement.
Old 05-13-2021, 09:04 PM #3597
Bstealth

Haha, I didn’t even notice the creamsicle. So I went back to look at it, started ogling the Force again & forgot to look at the barrel bag. Lol
Sounds like we’ll be seeing more pretty Force markers soon
Old 05-13-2021, 09:40 PM #3598
Noa Bo
Back Center = Bad Back

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Haha, I didnít even notice the creamsicle. So I went back to look at it, started ogling the Force again & forgot to look at the barrel bag. Lol
Sounds like weíll be seeing more pretty Force markers soon
Tyler Harmonís new Force is probably the best Iíve seen out of the new annos this year. Looks like a tiger.
-Dye Precision
-Trademygun.com
-Adrenaline Paintball
-Dye DSR, Powerhouse HAYMKR Extended Reg, 68ci Tank, and CTRL Loader. [ speedball ]
Old 05-13-2021, 10:01 PM #3599
Mr. Stealthy

Quote:
Tyler Harmonís new Force is probably the best Iíve seen out of the new annos this year. Looks like a tiger.
I dunno...Last years Tigerzord was pretty amazing. That was going to be my alternate if I couldn't track down a G span.
Old 05-13-2021, 10:04 PM #3600
Mr. Stealthy

Quote:
Has anyone here used & have any thoughts to the HK Lazer barrel kit? I found 1 for a good price for my luxeís but have been happy with the Freak XL kit. Iíd prefer to to get a stock XL barrel but havenít seen them come up for sale. I just donít want to wear/ damage my original barrels, so looking for a good replacement.
They are OK. I would rather get a Deadlywind Fibur X8 with a full insert kit if I was looking for a full kit new. They are super light, backed by really great customer service and you can get different adapters if you switch marker threads. If you order from Deadlywind you can get custom porting options too.

The Stella kits are also excellent with a near limitless amount of options.
Old 05-13-2021, 10:55 PM #3601
Bstealth

I’ll have to look up Tyler’s & the Tigerzord to find out what you guys are referring to. I’m still debating about getting an X annoed which sounds a little ridiculous to me right now since I haven’t even played with an X yet. This weekend most likely though
I’ll will watch for those other barrel kits. Thanks for the recommendations.
Old 05-14-2021, 01:04 AM #3602
Noa Bo
Back Center = Bad Back

Annual Supporting Member
Upcoming PNW Speedball Events

Oh man... I started to think I was going to play more Woodsball then Speedball- growing collection of mechs to prove it. But two announcements for speedball events popped up today:

1) DBS/Nate Schroederís PNW XBALL JUNE 19th
$199 per individual for two full Xball matches.
Streetball style so they will build teams like they did in 2019.
20 minute halves
15bps
Penalty boxes
Livestream
Designated refs and pit crew

2) 7Man Throwback at Impact Action Sports hosted and reffed by Seattle Thunder August 21-22
$700 per team
$50 case ( APX )
Semi-Auto, capped 15bps
7 min. Games
Bunkers will include OG pyramids, stubby cans and car washes

Wow. I want to play both events. Iím trying to form a team for the 7man throwback. Think Iíve got two current pros on board. Would love to add some OG pros to this roster.

( thinking out loud )
Already looking forward to figuring out what markers I want to use. Just fully techíd my M3+ and itís shooting amazing right now. After speaking to a DLX rep, the Luxe TM40 sounds like the Luxe Iíve been waiting for, mainly for accuracy. Iíve still got my 100ci tank if that makes sense for these events. The Geo 4 has been amazing. Still need to test the AMP. Ugh.. this is gonna be fun.
-Dye Precision
-Trademygun.com
-Adrenaline Paintball
Old 05-14-2021, 08:52 AM #3603
XxJKATxX
Legit As They Come

Annual Supporting Member
 plays in the NXL
XxJKATxX owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
XxJKATxX owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
XxJKATxX supports Team VICIOUS
XxJKATxX is an NCPA National Champion
XxJKATxX has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
XxJKATxX owns a Planet Eclipse LVR
Noa I want to play that 7 man throwback so bad and bust out the angel to do it with. We never get anything that cool on the east coast.

160R,Trex Victory,DM7
Virtue Spire 3/FS 88/W Powerhouse Reg,
^Changes so much does not even matter XD

East Carolina Paintball Team Alumni
2015 NCPA National Champion Class AA
XxJKATxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 09:23 AM #3604
Intern1

Intern1 owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
Intern1 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Intern1 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxJKATxX View Post
My one hope with the new dsr that would honestly make it perfect in my book would be just making the grip frame more streached out I hate not being able to fit my thumb between the trigger guard and front grip. I also still like battery's and a simpler board over charging.
Damn, you must have a big thumb if you can't fit it in between the fore grip and grip frame

Quote:
Wow Stealthy, that thing is beautiful! Most of those Iíve seen are just bleh but yours.... Gorgeous Did you have that annoed? I just havenít seen any looking that good.
The specialty field one anodizing is the best out there IMO. Good to see that that they kept that part of the BLAST legacy alive.

Intern1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 10:22 AM #3605
ironyusa
John - conscious paradox

ironyusa works for a Paintball manufacturer
Quote:
Noa I want to play that 7 man throwback so bad and bust out the angel to do it with. We never get anything that cool on the east coast.
If I could ever do a project for fun, I would LOVE to do a tri-tube gun like an angel. It's irrational, but would be a blast. While I was away from Dye I started a design for a poppet for a company, but have no clue if they'll use it. I also kind of wish someone would bring back the VIS in a "pure" way where it is ultra-small like Colin said the Aedes 2 was going to be.

DYE
ironyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 12:18 PM #3606
Big Papa Pink
High-end Aficionado

Annual Supporting Member
Big Papa Pink is BST Legit
Big Papa Pink owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Big Papa Pink owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
Big Papa Pink owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Big Papa Pink owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek MG100
Quote:
After speaking to a DLX rep, the Luxe TM40 sounds like the Luxe I’ve been waiting for, mainly for accuracy.
As in shot accuracy?

Current Dark Side Markers:
Active: Several Markers
Active Reserve: Many, Many More
Retired from Active Service: A Few limited edition yet fully functional markers

Last edited by Big Papa Pink : 05-14-2021 at 12:23 PM.
Big Papa Pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 12:43 PM #3607
Redsst

Redsst is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intern1 View Post
The specialty field one anodizing is the best out there IMO. Good to see that that they kept that part of the BLAST legacy alive.
Do you know who does their anodizing?

Quote:
If I could ever do a project for fun, I would LOVE to do a tri-tube gun like an angel. It's irrational, but would be a blast. While I was away from Dye I started a design for a poppet for a company, but have no clue if they'll use it. I also kind of wish someone would bring back the VIS in a "pure" way where it is ultra-small like Colin said the Aedes 2 was going to be.
Do you know if Dye plans on putting the ARC bolt from the DSR in a more stretched out package? With more space between the foregrip and trigger guard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Papa Pink View Post
As in shot accuracy?
I think he means QC.
Redsst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 01:12 PM #3608
ironyusa
John - conscious paradox

ironyusa works for a Paintball manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsst View Post
Do you know if Dye plans on putting the ARC bolt from the DSR in a more stretched out package? With more space between the foregrip and trigger guard?
Of course I know.

DYE
ironyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 01:31 PM #3609
Redsst

Redsst is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Of course I know.
Good to know. Because I've been dying to shoot an ARC powered marker.
Redsst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 03:36 PM #3610
Noa Bo
Back Center = Bad Back

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Ha Iíd roster you. Just saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Papa Pink View Post
As in shot accuracy?
My ability to aim mainly. Some markers for me are either easy to sight down and see my target/downfield, or they mess it up. The Luxe body hides the barrel for me and takes a ďpointerĒ away from me. I usually opt for 16Ē barrels to help me create a pointer, something to help frame my shot, and I use this length on all my markers. Dye barrels seem to work the best for me in this area as well.

The DSR, Primes, FLE Emek, Gtek M170r, all are really easy for me to sight down. The newest addition is the Amp, and I use a 16Ē Titanium Boomstick with it. That combination makes me super accurate... Iím using GI Sportz field paint any time itís not a tournament, but man Iíve been able to nail some players and targets with it really well.

The TM40 looks to have been shaved down in some key areas so I can see the barrel better. At least thatís how I understand it as the rep described it. Also looked at pics of the TM40 and indeed it looks like the body doesnít widen too much after the barrel, so Iím hopeful.

As far as QC goes... weíll find out I guess. Hope Iím/weíre not disappointed. Also hoping the Sunshine State Major was a good indicator of QC. Aftermath, Damage, and Heat had some or maybe all their markers that were TM40. As far as I could tell the marker performed good- no guns down, no excessive paint breaking.
-Dye Precision
-Trademygun.com
-Adrenaline Paintball
Old 05-14-2021, 03:57 PM #3611
Big Papa Pink
High-end Aficionado

Annual Supporting Member
Big Papa Pink is BST Legit
Big Papa Pink owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Big Papa Pink owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
Big Papa Pink owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek MG100
Got it, So the ergonomics and how the marker points. I didn't want to have the paintball "accuracy" discussion again.

There was one morning that one of the Luxe teams was breaking paint, but they were not the only ones; a PE team using the same paint and a Macdev team had the same issues. So it was a Paint or weather or weather/paint match issue.

I just think it is weird that you have had such rotten luck (there is no such thing as luck) with the Gamma Pro, but yet you continue to try markers that just copied the Gamma Pro. None will make a better core than the original and how they fixed the paint handling issues in the AMP (Increased o-ring on the bolt to create more friction with the inside of the can which in turn slows down the bolt) tells me they still don't understand the Gamma Core.

I'll get a chance to use a TM40 over the next few weeks, so I'll post my thoughts.

Current Dark Side Markers:
Active: Several Markers
Active Reserve: Many, Many More
Retired from Active Service: A Few limited edition yet fully functional markers
Big Papa Pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 04:12 PM #3612
Intern1

Intern1 owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
Intern1 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Intern1 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsst View Post
Do you know who does their anodizing?
Arnold's metal finishing was did the anodizing for BLAST. I'm not sure who does it for F1.

Intern1 is offline   Reply With Quote