PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-17-2014, 07:02 PM #1
PirateMegee

PirateMegee has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
PirateMegee has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Strippers and Paintball... Yep IMO Bad Image for the Sport Others not so much

Okay so I was surfing through YouTube and SocialPaintballs videos and came across this video "Paintball Big Game June 2013 - Veckring, France | Bad Brothers" In the video there were a few strippers (censored) doing their things, not much of scene but enough to alarm me to the point where I believe it will hurt paintball's image. So I commented on the video saying

"For the sake of paintball I would not let this video go viral, the strippers are not a good image for the sport. I know that the video was taken in France and things are different over there, but if little 10 year Jimmy was watching this at home and his mother walks in to the stripper scene little Jimmy's mom may not let him play at all. Also I know some of you may say "Forget little Jimmy bring on the strippers!" Remember the little one's are paintball future."

I know that this one video won't hurt paintball to bad but I'm seeing this more and more in the paintball world and I'm a little worried.

I want to hear your thoughts everyone here in PBNation and please try to be respectful to others in this thread I want to keep it serious.

Thank you for taking your time to read and comment
PirateMegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-21-2014, 12:25 AM #2
DarthAlan
I can help

DarthAlan is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
DarthAlan posts videos on PbNation
DarthAlan has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Ctfd
Old 01-30-2014, 02:32 AM #3
MissBlase

MissBlase owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
MissBlase owns a Planet Eclipse - Gtek 170r
MissBlase supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateMegee View Post
Okay so I was surfing through YouTube and SocialPaintballs videos and came across this video "Paintball Big Game June 2013 - Veckring, France | Bad Brothers" In the video there were a few strippers (censored) doing their things, not much of scene but enough to alarm me to the point where I believe it will hurt paintball's image. So I commented on the video saying

"For the sake of paintball I would not let this video go viral, the strippers are not a good image for the sport. I know that the video was taken in France and things are different over there, but if little 10 year Jimmy was watching this at home and his mother walks in to the stripper scene little Jimmy's mom may not let him play at all. Also I know some of you may say "Forget little Jimmy bring on the strippers!" Remember the little one's are paintball future."

I know that this one video won't hurt paintball to bad but I'm seeing this more and more in the paintball world and I'm a little worried.

I want to hear your thoughts everyone here in PBNation and please try to be respectful to others in this thread I want to keep it serious.

Thank you for taking your time to read and comment
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this. As a female player myself seeing this kinda of stuff around paintball is kinda awkward. I find it really demeaning to our gender in general
MissBlase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 08:42 AM #4
theo715

theo715 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
theo715 plays in the APPA beginner division
theo715 supports Empire
I mean no Offense to the female ballers of the sport because its awesome you girls are playing but in the eyes of the people putting on the events and needing people to make it work they rely on "sex sells" mentality. Its how it has been and it will always be in that mentality.
theo715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 02:32 PM #5
JAllen7287
This IS my serious face

JAllen7287 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
JAllen7287 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
First of all, the bad image is that utter lack of attarctive girls...That being said, the 'objectification of women' angle is Horse Sh*t because nobody is forcing the girls to get up there. If no females WANTED to show themselves off, it would all goa away.

IMHO, of course
JAllen7287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 10:20 PM #6
MissBlase

MissBlase owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
MissBlase owns a Planet Eclipse - Gtek 170r
MissBlase supports Ninja Paintball
i find it sad that they even want to do anything like that at all. probably pays
MissBlase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 08:14 AM #7
theo715

theo715 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
theo715 plays in the APPA beginner division
theo715 supports Empire
it does pay pretty good if i beleave. To the girls its just another gig, I asked a friend of mine doing modeling that has done ring girls for mma fights she said i dont think about the guys gocking at me i just do what i was told to do and be done with it and get paid
theo715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 02:23 PM #8
brink

Well I'd say their plan worked. It got you thinking about it so much that you posted here about it. And now other people are seeing it. It's all for exposure. If it takes naked women to market something successfully then, sadly enough, that's what people will do.
brink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 11:45 AM #9
Bad71
.... from the ashes

plays in the NXL
Bad71 owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
Bad71 plays in the APPA D3 division
It's France... different culture there. Lets remember that, too.
Old 07-25-2014, 03:51 PM #10
splatking101
Only God Can Judge Me

Fail for not posting a link -_-

I think stuff like that is GREAT for the sport. You have to be 18 to buy a paintball gun or to buy paint at most your local shops. So its no surprise that would be more geared toward adults. I'd be more worried about the weed plants you see on hoppers or the weed plant bandanas you see people rocking at the field. Its cool to see more events geared toward adults.There can be events that have age limits but it would be cool to see an "adults only"game. Pro paintball players used to live the rockstar life... Thats what made them so cool in the first place. You have to relate to the people who play the sport. All in all I think people are just too sensitive these days. I dont mind the weedplants or the strippers. Theres always been an adult side to paintball and a kid side to it. Remember the hybrid lady grips? Strippers might also help the sport grow by bringing in people who normally wouldnt play paintball.
splatking101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 03:53 PM #11
ih8ipods
Way diffrent in real life

love dem strippers, don't agree with me? move to the middle east, very few strippers there.

PLEASE STOP USING DUBSTEP IN ANY AND ALL PAINTBALL VIDEOS CAUSE REALLY ITS JUST HARD TO WATCH WITH THAT UNINTELLIGIBLE GARBAGE PLAYING.

On average NPPL and semi players can satisfy their girlfriends and wives much better than PSP and ramping players :)
ih8ipods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 08:37 AM #12
dreadmuppet
Reeks of class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad71 View Post
It's France... different culture there. Lets remember that, too.
This. Europe has topless shampoo commercials.

While America was founded by puritanical religious groups, many European countries moved forward with their sexuality.

Parents have every right to limit what their children watch, but they also have the responsibility to make educated judgments without leaping to conclusions.
Old 07-23-2015, 08:40 PM #13
halhampton

Truthfully, as a female paintballer, it is very very disrespectful. Me and my bf played and if I ever saw him being more attracted to them, then me at a big game you, you better believe where he will get shot. I'm 5"3" tall weighing 125 but I am completely in shape with a big *** and boobs but I have a six pack. If you have to bring Ugly, OUT OF SHAPE woman to strip to bring people to these events, then you shouldn't even have the event. This is putting a bad image on female paintballers. Like if I went to a big event game with my bf I feel like I'd be asked to strip or be asked if I were one because of some female paintballers doing it. This is always going to make PB a dominated gender sport if they keep the strippers. PB is made for woman too, alot of woman I know are more athletic then men so lets have male strippers also if your going to have strippers in general be there.
halhampton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 08:22 AM #14
Rawdawg87

Rawdawg87 supports Shocker RSX
Mix feelings I love my girl and we play paintball together. One of the way I was able to get her to play with me was the fact I had to find videos of women who did not look like " manly women " playiny. Then again my girl wanted me too add nude girl pinups on the grip of her marker. I see videos of women dancing at paintball events in bikinis in the u.s.a.
Rawdawg87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 02:09 PM #15
Otis_sc

Honestly, I'd guess it's click bait for their videos like half of what you see online. Does social paintball need to include the half naked women dancing? No. Does it really have anything to do with the sport? No. Some may argue it's "part of the event." I would argue that it gets them more clicks/views.

Interesting that you feel this way Pirate considering your avatar lol.

Last edited by Otis_sc : 05-17-2018 at 02:11 PM. Reason: adding
Otis_sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 04:49 PM #16
Camocam813

Camocam813 owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
For the love of god can we get a link?!
Camocam813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 08:45 PM #17
pyrothug434

pyrothug434 plays in the PSP
lol 10 year old watching from home? Did you not see the ten year olds standing staring at dads fantasy trophy wife naked? They are titties, its 2018 just relax