Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2020, 09:35 AM #1
wetworx101
 
 
wetworx101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: WI
 has been a member for 10 years
Gen 7 hopes & wishes

Someone is going to post this sooner or later, and the sooner we voice our desires then the sooner F1 might make things happen if they realize the demand for a next gen timmy is here. What do you wish for? What do you hope they keep? I'll go first:
KEEP:
1. Lightweight & compact design (no dual battery or anything else that adds weight like the Force).
2. The On/Off
3. In a time where so many markers are prioritizing gentle ball handling and forfeiting 30+ bps capabilities... please keep as much of the ability to shoot at ludicrous speeds with 4c eyes.

ADD:
1. Lower operating pressure... below 150psi?
2. The legacy BL OLED isn't broke, so I hesitate saying this, but a new color interface might be nice... or maybe instead of messing with what works keep the existing interface but add a bluetooth interface. Those Sci-Fi boards are so awesome with that feature.
3. I can see potentially moving the HPR to the grip frame, and then a T-bone LPR in the frame as well so that all porting for air is simplified and kept at the rear... moving the battery to the foregrip and maybe the circuit board above the trigger. If it can be done to shave weight, awesome. If not... hard to improve on near perfection.
4. Tooless grip removal.
5. Something to smooth out the shot, but adjustable? The only thing any competition has on the G6 is this "lever valve"... its kind of a gimmick though because there are other ways to achieve what it does that are much simpler: a poppet that doesn't open as much but stays open longer. A poppet that has more restricted flow but can stay open longer (same effect). A larger poppet that can run lower pressure. A bolt with restricted porting to slow the air before unrestricting and slowing down closer to the ball.
__________________
WTB: Shaft 5 kit or set of backs (.689/.685/.681). PM me.
wetworx101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-03-2020, 02:13 PM #2
ImpulseAbduction
 
 
ImpulseAbduction's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Tempe Arizona
 has been a member for 10 years
Hey there WetWorx. So this discussion has been had over the years, then even branched off into a "what about re-thinking the whole thing in the spirit of an Intimidator".. Well that has been done by PE in the LV series.. While im not a PE person myself, they have done a really solid job with their regulator, and LPR hiding skills. The only real thing they need to fix is the beyond ugly AT Pipe.

So let's look at say the 2005 Alias..
Per the Manual: "Service and re lube the HPR every 5000 shots to maintain proper recharge time".
"Service and re-lube the Poppet every 10,000 shots to maintain proper seal, and no leaks"

Now the force: " Don't service for 1,000,000 shots.

I don't know about you, but let's just say Low maintenance, easy service, reliability was something the old timmy's never had. ( I literally just spent an hour and a half taking a part an Alias and having to replace the O ring, and flip the cup seal on the Ram Sleeve)... We all know how fun it is to replace the Micro Hosing and the barbs can always be fun...

So now lets talk ab out what could be done to the last Bob Long, VCom, Ripper, Vis platform.. Using the Ripper VIS as our bench mark.. apparently HK used scrapped parts to build the last remaining batches of markers, I don't know how true this is.. but they also didn't have an inside Tech to work on them. So now the older parts would have to get updated to something a bit easier to get a hold of... Albeit the VCOM and VIS engines are absolute works of art, and would have loved to see them used going forward by F1.

So for F1, Ryan Greenspan has confirmed that F1 is in the process of developing a new Marker that is going to be a Poppet design again. So, if we look at that, look at old timmy's and the current F1, with the last Bob Engine being the ViS poppet... I expect us to see something of a hybrid here..

* Inline Poppet - not a Stacked tube
* Macroless / no AT pipe etc.
* Very reliable- low maintenance

Where do they need to take advantage?

*Steal / create their own OLED screen with everything the Dye M2/M3 has. Pressures all inside the tech, no more pressure testers needed.
*Bluetooth connectivity like the Sci Fi Board to a phone app
*Expand the board for endless software updates so we can download and update our boards at home. No more aftermarket board upgrades
*Add the speaker- steal from LUXE.
*Wireless assembly** Contact pads only. No more wires.
*Efficiency will always be high with a poppet, just make sure it is 7 pods and a loader off a 68/3000 fill, since nobody actually runs a compressor at 4500 fills.
*Ergonomics*******
*Light Weight******
*Make Color Swaps easy for people to trade parts
__________________
MyFeedBack 21+/0--
GWC #174
PayPal Verified
-
Bring Back 15 BPS please and True X Ball.
ImpulseAbduction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 02:59 PM #3
ironyusa
John - conscious paradox
 
ironyusa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Tyler, TX
ironyusa works for a Paintball manufacturer
Reduce the ram force (like the force) then remove the LPR, balance the valve and use the volume for the valve chamber... you'd be 90% of the way there.
__________________
"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true." - Søren Kierkegaard

DYE
ironyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 03:28 PM #4
imped4now
BTFU
 
imped4now's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Indianapolis
 has been a member for 10 years
imped4now owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
imped4now supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironyusa View Post
Reduce the ram force (like the force) then remove the LPR, balance the valve and use the volume for the valve chamber... you'd be 90% of the way there.
Wouldn't that be nice....

__________________
OLD FEEDBACK>>40+ 0-
OlllllllO
Don't be a turd.
imped4now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 12:46 PM #5
RFP Professor
 
 
RFP Professor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpulseAbduction View Post
Where do they need to take advantage?

*Steal / create their own OLED screen with everything the Dye M2/M3 has. Pressures all inside the tech, no more pressure testers needed.
*Bluetooth connectivity like the Sci Fi Board to a phone app
*Expand the board for endless software updates so we can download and update our boards at home. No more aftermarket board upgrades
*Add the speaker- steal from LUXE.
*Wireless assembly** Contact pads only. No more wires.
*Efficiency will always be high with a poppet, just make sure it is 7 pods and a loader off a 68/3000 fill, since nobody actually runs a compressor at 4500 fills.
*Ergonomics*******
*Light Weight******
*Make Color Swaps easy for people to trade parts
-I don't think a Dye-style OLED is necessary. Any interface will be fine so long as it's user-friendly with all necessary adjustments.
-A Sci-Fi board would be awesome .
-I think a speaker is a complete waste of time. It offers no practical benefit.
-Wireless frame-to-body is certainly one of the best things to happen to paintball guns in years. I am sure the new Timmy will feature this.

I would like to see the software offer the option to adjust the auto-off timer. This is not available on the Force. I have notified F1 that this needs to be done to cater to scenario ballers.
RFP Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 01:15 PM #6
TTUBOB87
 
 
TTUBOB87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
 has been a member for 10 years
The option of a mech frame. Please.
TTUBOB87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 04:12 PM #7
MstrKey
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: SSM, Ontario, Canada
MstrKey is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
Reduce the number of tools needed to take things apart. My G6R requires way too many allen keys. One or two very specific sizes which is annoying. Get rid of all that.
__________________
Cool Ref/player wear if anyone wants any

https://teespring.com/stores/politically-incorrect-36
MstrKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 04:19 PM #8
Ralo
 
 
Ralo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: 901
Annual Supporting Member
Toolless grip removal and no eye wires would be nice. The Dye screen that shows pressures is very nice. Does anyone know how accurate that is?

Last edited by Ralo : 06-12-2021 at 04:21 PM.
Ralo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 05:05 PM #9
Mr. Charlie
 
 
Mr. Charlie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: FL
Mr. Charlie owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Mr. Charlie owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
^^^The Transducers (digital Pressure Tester/Reader) in the Dye Markers (and Clone GTI) are very accurate in my experiences. I find them very useful for tuning purposes and for diagnosing and solving problems. They would probably be a good addition to the G7r if they can find room to fit them without making the Marker any taller.
__________________
Lava DSR+, Dynasty Scales CS1, M3s+, PAL EMEK, and M2 all with Ninja SL2 77/4500 tanks with PowerHouse Haymaker Gen. III tank Regulators! Spyder Sonix with Empire Pure Energy 48/3000.
Mr. Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 07:42 PM #10
imped4now
BTFU
 
imped4now's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Indianapolis
 has been a member for 10 years
imped4now owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
imped4now supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralo View Post
Toolless grip removal and no eye wires would be nice. The Dye screen that shows pressures is very nice. Does anyone know how accurate that is?
Tool-less grip removal? Eh, don't care.

No eye wires? You mean running the eye wires to a separate upper board, thus allowing for the frame to be separated from the body without having to disconnect the eye and solenoid connectors? Yes, that would be useful and is very doable.

The pressure readout is much more difficult to do cleanly in a stacked tube poppet, especially if you want to minimize body height. There's a reason the Cyborg 6 is so tall - the transducers essentially defined how the internal routing could be setup since the sensors have to seal into cavities in the subplate in order to get the LP and HP signals. I'm heavily against doing this, as it increases complexity, will almost certainly result in a taller marker than the G6R, and will almost certainly be less reliable over the long term than an analog solution. The G6R's ability to accept an analog tester is wonderful and I wish more stacked tube dual regulated markers were designed in such a way. I would hope the next one is either single regulated, making that feature largely unnecessary, or continues on with provisions for an analog tester.

The transducers I've been able to compare to analog readouts have been accurate.
__________________
OLD FEEDBACK>>40+ 0-
OlllllllO
Don't be a turd.
imped4now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 08:36 AM #11
martix_agent
Mandated fun
 
martix_agent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Indiana
martix_agent is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
I'd like a rechargable battery with a USB C plug in on the frame, so I never have to remove my grips. Maintaining 9v batteries isn't bad, until you run across a board that drains them. I've got a victory which does this, and it's really annoying.
__________________
martix_agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 01:29 PM #12
MstrKey
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: SSM, Ontario, Canada
MstrKey is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
This

Quote:
Originally Posted by imped4now View Post
Tool-less grip removal? Eh, don't care.

No eye wires? You mean running the eye wires to a separate upper board, thus allowing for the frame to be separated from the body without having to disconnect the eye and solenoid connectors? Yes, that would be useful and is very doable.

The pressure readout is much more difficult to do cleanly in a stacked tube poppet, especially if you want to minimize body height. There's a reason the Cyborg 6 is so tall - the transducers essentially defined how the internal routing could be setup since the sensors have to seal into cavities in the subplate in order to get the LP and HP signals. I'm heavily against doing this, as it increases complexity, will almost certainly result in a taller marker than the G6R, and will almost certainly be less reliable over the long term than an analog solution. The G6R's ability to accept an analog tester is wonderful and I wish more stacked tube dual regulated markers were designed in such a way. I would hope the next one is either single regulated, making that feature largely unnecessary, or continues on with provisions for an analog tester.

The transducers I've been able to compare to analog readouts have been accurate.
Agreed. Let's face it, a huge part of the appeal associated with the G6R is the size. It's sooo freeking small and light! I'd hate to see that diminished in any serious way.
__________________
Cool Ref/player wear if anyone wants any

https://teespring.com/stores/politically-incorrect-36
MstrKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 03:35 PM #13
HoneyKix
Without any milk
 
HoneyKix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Wichita, KS or TX
HoneyKix is playing at Living Legends VII
HoneyKix plays in the APPA beginner division
HoneyKix has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
HoneyKix supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by wetworx101 View Post
Someone is going to post this sooner or later, and the sooner we voice our desires then the sooner F1 might make things happen if they realize the demand for a next gen timmy is here. What do you wish for? What do you hope they keep? I'll go first:
KEEP:
1. Lightweight & compact design (no dual battery or anything else that adds weight like the Force).
2. The On/Off
3. In a time where so many markers are prioritizing gentle ball handling and forfeiting 30+ bps capabilities... please keep as much of the ability to shoot at ludicrous speeds with 4c eyes.

ADD:
1. Lower operating pressure... below 150psi?
2. The legacy BL OLED isn't broke, so I hesitate saying this, but a new color interface might be nice... or maybe instead of messing with what works keep the existing interface but add a bluetooth interface. Those Sci-Fi boards are so awesome with that feature.
3. I can see potentially moving the HPR to the grip frame, and then a T-bone LPR in the frame as well so that all porting for air is simplified and kept at the rear... moving the battery to the foregrip and maybe the circuit board above the trigger. If it can be done to shave weight, awesome. If not... hard to improve on near perfection.
4. Tooless grip removal.
5. Something to smooth out the shot, but adjustable? The only thing any competition has on the G6 is this "lever valve"... its kind of a gimmick though because there are other ways to achieve what it does that are much simpler: a poppet that doesn't open as much but stays open longer. A poppet that has more restricted flow but can stay open longer (same effect). A larger poppet that can run lower pressure. A bolt with restricted porting to slow the air before unrestricting and slowing down closer to the ball.
man, screw all that noise.

just make a g6r with a lever valve like the lv1 has.
make the board pc friendly so we can update at home and stuff like that.
NO REG IN THE TRIGGER FRAME!!!! KEEP IT WHERE IT WAS!!!
lpr and hpr are perfect!
pillow bolt stock (maybe redesign the pillow so it never shoots out?)
redesign the 45 frame to look and feel like a gen 3 frame. gen 3 frames are so nice and fit nice for me since my nerves in my hands are messed up.

i dont mind the wiring in the gun nor the hoses inside (not sure if the g6 has hoses, sold mine a long time ago) dont contact pads ware out over time??

keep the slim profile the g6r had.
no more spring return triggers. magnets from here on out.
keep it made in America and using the same metal. not that cheap *** pe metal they use for their markers.

slim down the lpr maybe?

ALSO
MILLING MILLING MILLING MILLING!!
I WANT ALL THE MILLING PATTERNS BACK. GO NUTS WITH THE MILLING ON THE LE MARKERS.

i want a species gen 7!!!!!!!

no more jewels???

wishlist done.
__________________
>>>Sponsored by Honey Kix<<<

Marq Clan

VCOM and v1 victories
Smart Parts Vision Impulse/Shocker SFT - parts only
04 Prostock - destroyed cocking rod,
HoneyKix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 11:36 PM #14
chrismx22
 
 
chrismx22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
I don’t have much more to add other than maybe put hpr in the grip frame. Then put the lpr where the hpr was. If the lpr is going to stay, that is.
__________________
Romans 10:9
9-That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the LORD Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Mathew 13:49
49-So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just,
chrismx22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 10:16 PM #15
jonotwist
Needs more Enthusiasm!
 
jonotwist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NE ohio
 has been a member for 10 years
jonotwist is playing at Living Legends X
jonotwist is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
gen 7 wishlist:

make it closed bolt.....
and put the pneumatics on the outside.

hur hur
__________________

"Sometimes it's not whether you win or lose.
Sometimes it's how many pages you can add to the rulebook."
jonotwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 02:54 PM #16
MstrKey
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: SSM, Ontario, Canada
MstrKey is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonotwist View Post
gen 7 wishlist:

make it closed bolt.....
and put the pneumatics on the outside.

hur hur
Call it the blazer?
__________________
Cool Ref/player wear if anyone wants any

https://teespring.com/stores/politically-incorrect-36
MstrKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump