Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyNews Ups
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2021, 03:23 PM #358
paintballer3
 
 
paintballer3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: WI
 has been a member for 10 years
paintballer3 helped look for balloons
paintballer3 posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor the great View Post
Ya they booted todd, looking back at it I think it was pretty ****ty of them to do if the guy was having an off season. I heard it wasn’t as much his performance though, I remember hearing him and Rodney squires having an issue (what I heard, no clue if it’s true). And him getting banned from the nxl in 07 probably played a role, so I’m thinking it was just a build up of a lot of small issues. But now that time has passed they seem 100% fine with each other now.
Dude I remeber the NXL Issue. He crashed a golf cart.. maybe he was drunk? He played the rest of the season with Aftermath and they crushed that year.

edit: Yep that is what happened

"On Sunday, Todd Martinez decided to take a PSP-rented golf cart for a joy ride through the awards ceremony. He crashed the golf cart into the guide wires anchoring one of the tripod poles, which hold the net up on the NXL field. The tripod pole was bent and is no longer usable. The golf cart was damaged and PSP has been billed for the repairs. He will be suspended from play for 1 year. He must reimburse PSP for the damages to the golf cart before he will be allowed on the property of any future PSP event."

https://furypb.proboards.com/thread/150?page=1
paintballer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-16-2021, 04:35 PM #359
(dr)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Y'all are hilarious with these random *** discussions. Dynasty's early 2000's run cannot and will not ever be topped. The number of tournaments, the triple crown and 7 man are all a thing of the past. It's not even possible in the current tournament scene to do what they did. To suggest that any other team came close is laughable.

Impact had a solid run as well but they are no dynasty. Dynasty changed paintball, impact just bought players and played the W very well. The only nod I would give Impact is that the competition had evolved and was much more evenly matched. You can't knock dynasty for that though as they were kids that just played better. They didn't have any glaring unfair advantages. They wanted it more.
(dr) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 11:25 PM #360
Oc_rage
Guess who's back?
 
Oc_rage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: W
Oc_rage is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor the great View Post
i can think of countless of guys who have been given jobs in the past from the sponsors. Brandon short, marcello Margot, bobby aviles, Brad McCurly, Damian ryan etc. kyle Spicka now works for carbon, so you see how it works.
Yeah but that's not getting paid to play, that's getting hooked up with a job in the industry through networking and actually working ~40 hours a week(assuming its a full time position) lmao
__________________
DONATE TO PBN!!
My Feedback
Oc_rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 06:29 AM #361
paintballer3
 
 
paintballer3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: WI
 has been a member for 10 years
paintballer3 helped look for balloons
paintballer3 posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by (dr) View Post
Y'all are hilarious with these random *** discussions. Dynasty's early 2000's run cannot and will not ever be topped. The number of tournaments, the triple crown and 7 man are all a thing of the past. It's not even possible in the current tournament scene to do what they did. To suggest that any other team came close is laughable.

Impact had a solid run as well but they are no dynasty. Dynasty changed paintball, impact just bought players and played the W very well. The only nod I would give Impact is that the competition had evolved and was much more evenly matched. You can't knock dynasty for that though as they were kids that just played better. They didn't have any glaring unfair advantages. They wanted it more.
Someone forgot the amount of buying good players Dynasty did in the past. Danny T, Dave Bains, Josh Davey, dusty Odell, Archy M, Tyler M, Frank the tank... I hated Dynasty growing up because it was extremely common to watch dynasty get bested by another team and suddenly next season Dynasty would have the best players from that team on their team.

I remember 03 Dynasty lost to Strange at World Cup and Tyler M was a huge part of that win. He took a leadership role with strange. First event of 04 Tyler was part of Dynasty.

Yeah Dynasty has a solid core, but stop acting like they did not shop around for goods players too

Also I am going to get **** for this, but all of the really good players 03-05 were playing in the NXL. A few reason: it cost slot of cash to buy a franchise spot isn’t he NXl, they was supposed to be a TV deal, and you had to be invited. The best teams for 02 were invited into the NXL. Avalanche (played as Miami effect), Aftershock, Phillly All Americans (won 03 and 04), Oakland Assassins, Ironmen (later turn into XSV).

Infamous played as Miami Effect, left NXL, won their first 2 NPPL events. Also Dynasty played Open Xball during that time which the NXL players were not allowed to play. I remember a huge debate what league was harder NPPL or NXL. The Der Der movie Free Agent talks about this. Right in the beginning Rocky Knuth says the NXL was harder then the NPPL. Dynasty didn’t make Sunday their first NXL event.

Yes Dynasty run during that time was epic, but they were also playing Div 1 Xball and 7 man in a league that the best players in the world were not allowed to play.

Last edited by paintballer3 : 04-17-2021 at 06:43 AM.
paintballer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 07:50 AM #362
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll
 
Trevor the great's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Chi-Raq
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballer3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by (dr) View Post
Y'all are hilarious with these random *** discussions. Dynasty's early 2000's run cannot and will not ever be topped. The number of tournaments, the triple crown and 7 man are all a thing of the past. It's not even possible in the current tournament scene to do what they did. To suggest that any other team came close is laughable.

Impact had a solid run as well but they are no dynasty. Dynasty changed paintball, impact just bought players and played the W very well. The only nod I would give Impact is that the competition had evolved and was much more evenly matched. You can't knock dynasty for that though as they were kids that just played better. They didn't have any glaring unfair advantages. They wanted it more.
Someone forgot the amount of buying good players Dynasty did in the past. Danny T, Dave Bains, Josh Davey, dusty Odell, Archy M, Tyler M, Frank the tank... I hated Dynasty growing up because it was extremely common to watch dynasty get bested by another team and suddenly next season Dynasty would have the best players from that team on their team.

I remember 03 Dynasty lost to Strange at World Cup and Tyler M was a huge part of that win. He took a leadership role with strange. First event of 04 Tyler was part of Dynasty.

Yeah Dynasty has a solid core, but stop acting like they did not shop around for goods players too

Also I am going to get **** for this, but all of the really good players 03-05 were playing in the NXL. A few reason: it cost slot of cash to buy a franchise spot isn’t he NXl, they was supposed to be a TV deal, and you had to be invited. The best teams for 02 were invited into the NXL. Avalanche (played as Miami effect), Aftershock, Phillly All Americans (won 03 and 04), Oakland Assassins, Ironmen (later turn into XSV).

Infamous played as Miami Effect, left NXL, won their first 2 NPPL events. Also Dynasty played Open Xball during that time which the NXL players were not allowed to play. I remember a huge debate what league was harder NPPL or NXL. The Der Der movie Free Agent talks about this. Right in the beginning Rocky Knuth says the NXL was harder then the NPPL. Dynasty didn’t make Sunday their first NXL event.

Yes Dynasty run during that time was epic, but they were also playing Div 1 Xball and 7 man in a league that the best players in the world were not allowed to play.
Tyler Michaud played with XSV the first half of 04. Dynasty would only cherry pick for about 5% of their roster a season though, impact does it for 80%, or in 2021s case, 100% of their roster.

In 04 the assassins, ironmen, aftershock, effect and xtreme all played in the nppl under different team names. Oakland continued playing in 05 under Oakland empire.

The division 1 psp in 04-05 was made up of all pro teams. Miami effect dropped down to pay as infamous and they never won a single event, only made it to the finals once. Russian Legion played that open division in 04, did well but only won one event, and then literally destroyed the nxl in 05. So you know, infamous, avalanche, naughty dogs, XSV, Dyansty etc...it’s not an amateur division. I would say that the NXL had 1 or 2 more “quality” teams then the open division, but most of the teams from from both divisions were on par with each other. XSV won an NXL event the next year, naughty dogs won that smart parts invite and took 2nd at World Cup, dynasty took 2nd overall in the nxl that year despite losing Tiljak, opie and oliver and the beginning of 06. Would they have won as much if they had to play nxl teams in 04-05? There’s a high chance they’d have a couple less first places.

The pro leagues were split dude, it is what it is. It’s like the American League vs the national league in the mlb. Different rules, different teams, usually the same top competition though.

I hated dynasty growing up too, but eventually, like Tom brady, once you see how historic it is, you simply just start rooting for them lol.

Edit; I’m even going to go as far as to say that the 04 open division with Russian legion in the mix was stronger then then NXL.
__________________
Trevor the Great Nostradamus
Very well behaved and neat guy overall. I am no longer the PBN troll. Some fool named bargainz took the crown from me.

Last edited by Trevor the great : 04-17-2021 at 08:02 AM.
Trevor the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 09:55 AM #363
paintballer3
 
 
paintballer3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: WI
 has been a member for 10 years
paintballer3 helped look for balloons
paintballer3 posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor the great View Post
Tyler Michaud played with XSV the first half of 04. Dynasty would only cherry pick for about 5% of their roster a season though, impact does it for 80%, or in 2021s case, 100% of their roster.

In 04 the assassins, ironmen, aftershock, effect and xtreme all played in the nppl under different team names. Oakland continued playing in 05 under Oakland empire.

The division 1 psp in 04-05 was made up of all pro teams. Miami effect dropped down to pay as infamous and they never won a single event, only made it to the finals once. Russian Legion played that open division in 04, did well but only won one event, and then literally destroyed the nxl in 05. So you know, infamous, avalanche, naughty dogs, XSV, Dyansty etc...it’s not an amateur division. I would say that the NXL had 1 or 2 more “quality” teams then the open division, but most of the teams from from both divisions were on par with each other. XSV won an NXL event the next year, naughty dogs won that smart parts invite and took 2nd at World Cup, dynasty took 2nd overall in the nxl that year despite losing Tiljak, opie and oliver and the beginning of 06. Would they have won as much if they had to play nxl teams in 04-05? There’s a high chance they’d have a couple less first places.

The pro leagues were split dude, it is what it is. It’s like the American League vs the national league in the mlb. Different rules, different teams, usually the same top competition though.

I hated dynasty growing up too, but eventually, like Tom brady, once you see how historic it is, you simply just start rooting for them lol.

Edit; I’m even going to go as far as to say that the 04 open division with Russian legion in the mix was stronger then then NXL.
I will agree that 04 dynasty and 04 RL were good enough to play in the NXL. I don’t think any other team was though. You could make the argument for XSV since they were just the Ironmen under a new name. There is a reason why the RL was invited into the NXL in 05.

If I remember right the All A used to scrimmage Dynasty regularly because they didn’t have to play them in NXl.

You can’t convince me that overall 04 psp was better division then the NXL.

Last edited by paintballer3 : 04-17-2021 at 10:05 AM.
paintballer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 04:03 PM #364
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll
 
Trevor the great's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Chi-Raq
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballer3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor the great View Post
Tyler Michaud played with XSV the first half of 04. Dynasty would only cherry pick for about 5% of their roster a season though, impact does it for 80%, or in 2021s case, 100% of their roster.

In 04 the assassins, ironmen, aftershock, effect and xtreme all played in the nppl under different team names. Oakland continued playing in 05 under Oakland empire.

The division 1 psp in 04-05 was made up of all pro teams. Miami effect dropped down to pay as infamous and they never won a single event, only made it to the finals once. Russian Legion played that open division in 04, did well but only won one event, and then literally destroyed the nxl in 05. So you know, infamous, avalanche, naughty dogs, XSV, Dyansty etc...it’s not an amateur division. I would say that the NXL had 1 or 2 more “quality” teams then the open division, but most of the teams from from both divisions were on par with each other. XSV won an NXL event the next year, naughty dogs won that smart parts invite and took 2nd at World Cup, dynasty took 2nd overall in the nxl that year despite losing Tiljak, opie and oliver and the beginning of 06. Would they have won as much if they had to play nxl teams in 04-05? There’s a high chance they’d have a couple less first places.

The pro leagues were split dude, it is what it is. It’s like the American League vs the national league in the mlb. Different rules, different teams, usually the same top competition though.

I hated dynasty growing up too, but eventually, like Tom brady, once you see how historic it is, you simply just start rooting for them lol.

Edit; I’m even going to go as far as to say that the 04 open division with Russian legion in the mix was stronger then then NXL.
I will agree that 04 dynasty and 04 RL were good enough to play in the NXL. I don’t think any other team was though. You could make the argument for XSV since they were just the Ironmen under a new name. There is a reason why the RL was invited into the NXL in 05.

If I remember right the All A used to scrimmage Dynasty regularly because they didn’t have to play them in NXl.

You can’t convince me that overall 04 psp was better division then the NXL.
Like i said, Russians went to the nxl with n 05 and went 14-2 until World Cup. Miami effect dropped down in 04-05, never won anything. Miami wasn’t Oakland or philly, I think they were ranked around 4th overall though so you can just see from that where the talent was in that division, they Only appeared in the finals once. the ironmen that turned into XSV was actually a bad x ball team at first. In 03, I think they finished 2nd to last, and then they all left to join the nppl. They didn’t get good at xball until mid 05. They were great at 7 man, just couldn’t put it together in xball

Yes they used to practice philly, Oakland and miami regurally. There’s some videos out there of the old school bob long backyard sessions at his house. Naughty dogs were there a lot too, same with XSV.
__________________
Trevor the Great Nostradamus
Very well behaved and neat guy overall. I am no longer the PBN troll. Some fool named bargainz took the crown from me.

Last edited by Trevor the great : 04-17-2021 at 04:07 PM.
Trevor the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 05:05 PM #365
ThatGuy86
RIP DAN DONLON
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: New Jersey
ThatGuy86 plays in the APPA Semi Pro division
Those old practice videos from Bob Long’s house were awesome. Always made me want a Lasoya Intimidator.
ThatGuy86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 05:22 PM #366
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll
 
Trevor the great's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Chi-Raq
Quote:
Originally Posted by disasterplaya View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBSales View Post
My guess is Alex. The position he plays is a young man's game. I think he is losing his fast ball and interest in playing.
This is my guess. Alex over the past few events has been taking more of a player coach role. Don’t get it twisted he can still play but it seems like he has been taking that coach/player role lately.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oc_rage View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor the great View Post
i can think of countless of guys who have been given jobs in the past from the sponsors. Brandon short, marcello Margot, bobby aviles, Brad McCurly, Damian ryan etc. kyle Spicka now works for carbon, so you see how it works.
Yeah but that's not getting paid to play, that's getting hooked up with a job in the industry through networking and actually working ~40 hours a week(assuming its a full time position) lmao
I don’t think alex is going to be coaching.
__________________
Trevor the Great Nostradamus
Very well behaved and neat guy overall. I am no longer the PBN troll. Some fool named bargainz took the crown from me.
Trevor the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 08:08 PM #367
paintballer3
 
 
paintballer3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: WI
 has been a member for 10 years
paintballer3 helped look for balloons
paintballer3 posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor the great View Post
Like i said, Russians went to the nxl with n 05 and went 14-2 until World Cup. Miami effect dropped down in 04-05, never won anything. Miami wasn’t Oakland or philly, I think they were ranked around 4th overall though so you can just see from that where the talent was in that division, they Only appeared in the finals once. the ironmen that turned into XSV was actually a bad x ball team at first. In 03, I think they finished 2nd to last, and then they all left to join the nppl. They didn’t get good at xball until mid 05. They were great at 7 man, just couldn’t put it together in xball

Yes they used to practice philly, Oakland and miami regurally. There’s some videos out there of the old school bob long backyard sessions at his house. Naughty dogs were there a lot too, same with XSV.
Infamous/Miami won their two event in the NPPL. Also the Ironmen won the San Diego event.
https://www.paintballwincount.com/nppl-super-7

Also Dynasty was the not the best team to play Xball. It took them 2 years in the NXL to win an event. After that it took anouther 3 years to win an event. Infamous won an NXL event before Dynasty did.
https://www.paintballwincount.com/nxl

Also you are tottally forgetting the fact that in the Der Der movie Free Agent Rocky Knuth talks about the NPPl NXL rivelry he then admits the NXL is better then the Open division. Just watch the first 5 mins. A few different pros talk about it.

Rocky Knuth
"Actually I got a whole new respect for those guys. Yeah we always thought we could smash those guys. You cant even name 10 guys on any of their rosters. You know. They come to the 7 mans and we smash them. So we thought we were going to go in there and just...no. yeah no they are good. Real good."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5KWCsMpv8Y

So I will trust the pros when they say the better teams and better players were located in the NXL.

Last edited by paintballer3 : 04-17-2021 at 09:17 PM.
paintballer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 09:09 PM #368
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll
 
Trevor the great's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Chi-Raq
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballer3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor the great View Post
Like i said, Russians went to the nxl with n 05 and went 14-2 until World Cup. Miami effect dropped down in 04-05, never won anything. Miami wasn’t Oakland or philly, I think they were ranked around 4th overall though so you can just see from that where the talent was in that division, they Only appeared in the finals once. the ironmen that turned into XSV was actually a bad x ball team at first. In 03, I think they finished 2nd to last, and then they all left to join the nppl. They didn’t get good at xball until mid 05. They were great at 7 man, just couldn’t put it together in xball

Yes they used to practice philly, Oakland and miami regurally. There’s some videos out there of the old school bob long backyard sessions at his house. Naughty dogs were there a lot too, same with XSV.
Infamous/Miami won their two event in the NPPL. I thought they won a PSP also their first year.
Effect (og avalanche) was a solid xball team but Was way better in the nppl format, as they were in the past.. They won 2 events that year, bob longs ironmen won zero events in the nppl despite statistically being the best x ball team at the time. They were completely different formats. One involved more team work, more guys on the field, relied on trigger pulling. The other format relied on sideline coaching, joy sticking their players and running 20+ points a game. It’s almost like the difference between Ice hockey and roller hockey
__________________
Trevor the Great Nostradamus
Very well behaved and neat guy overall. I am no longer the PBN troll. Some fool named bargainz took the crown from me.
Trevor the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 04:35 PM #369
Cory688
Can't ban the snowman
 
Cory688's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Newport Beach, CA
Cory688 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Cory688 plays in the APPA D4 division
Cory688 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Cory688 is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballer3 View Post
Rocky Knuth
"Actually I got a whole new respect for those guys. Yeah we always thought we could smash those guys. You cant even name 10 guys on any of their rosters. You know. They come to the 7 mans and we smash them. So we thought we were going to go in there and just...no. yeah no they are good. Real good."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5KWCsMpv8Y

So I will trust the pros when they say the better teams and better players were located in the NXL.
Watching that video I have no clue why paintball got away from higher ROF and coaching. 2006 PSP was an absolute blast.
__________________
CORY PERSSON

2010 Chicago D4X 1st Place- Tampa Bay Vengeance
2010 MAO D4X 3rd Place- NJ Jesters Kids
2011 RPL D4 Series 2nd Place- Tombstone Black


Feedback-160+
Cory688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 07:58 PM #370
Legacy
Tractor Engineer
 
Legacy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Waterloo, Ia
Legacy is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory688 View Post
Watching that video I have no clue why paintball got away from higher ROF and coaching. 2006 PSP was an absolute blast.
Personally I think they got the format right with the original NXL. Uncapped semi on a bigger field with less bunkers. The penalty box and coaching made it great. The crowds were into it, games were high scoring but we still didnt shoot a bunch of paint just locking down lanes yet. It was the most fun Id ever had playing paintball.
__________________
Iowa State Cyclones Paintball Alumni
Legacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 08:22 AM #371
viking002
Da Sigma
 
viking002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Chicago
 has been a member for 10 years
 plays in the NXL
viking002 posts videos on PbNation
viking002 is an NCPA player
Off subject a little but did any teams change sponsors this year? I thought I saw NRG shooting PE now that their Boom/Dye contract is completed.
__________________
Scrub Status
viking002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 10:06 AM #372
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll
 
Trevor the great's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Chi-Raq
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory688 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballer3 View Post
Rocky Knuth
"Actually I got a whole new respect for those guys. Yeah we always thought we could smash those guys. You cant even name 10 guys on any of their rosters. You know. They come to the 7 mans and we smash them. So we thought we were going to go in there and just...no. yeah no they are good. Real good."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5KWCsMpv8Y

So I will trust the pros when they say the better teams and better players were located in the NXL.
Watching that video I have no clue why paintball got away from higher ROF and coaching. 2006 PSP was an absolute blast.
I loved the rate of fire, the field designs, the penalty boxes etc. except for the sideline “he’s coming!” Coaching.

In other news. The nxl has cancelled super cup to avoid that hefty pay check, and Kevin breadathaur is coaching dynasty again
__________________
Trevor the Great Nostradamus
Very well behaved and neat guy overall. I am no longer the PBN troll. Some fool named bargainz took the crown from me.
Trevor the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 10:41 AM #373
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?
 
tweeter4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Pennsylvania
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
tweeter4 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
tweeter4 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor the great View Post
I loved the rate of fire, the field designs, the penalty boxes etc. except for the sideline hes coming! Coaching.

In other news. The nxl has cancelled super cup to avoid that hefty pay check, and Kevin breadathaur is coaching dynasty again
Such a ****ing joke. They setup the entire thing to end in Super Cup, tons of teams go to the first minor event because of this, then they pull the rug after all the good PR to save money. lol

The management of this league needs to go.
tweeter4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 11:01 AM #374
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll
 
Trevor the great's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Chi-Raq
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeter4 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor the great View Post
I loved the rate of fire, the field designs, the penalty boxes etc. except for the sideline “he’s coming!” Coaching.

In other news. The nxl has cancelled super cup to avoid that hefty pay check, and Kevin breadathaur is coaching dynasty again
Such a ****ing joke. They setup the entire thing to end in Super Cup, tons of teams go to the first minor event because of this, then they pull the rug after all the good PR to save money. lol

The management of this league needs to go.
I agree they shouldn’t have promoted it at all, I think everyone with common sense knew they were biting off more then they can chew with those prizes. Well, I think they can afford it, but they wouldn’t turn much of a profit after the year is done
__________________
Trevor the Great Nostradamus
Very well behaved and neat guy overall. I am no longer the PBN troll. Some fool named bargainz took the crown from me.
Trevor the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 11:47 AM #375
paintballcapt062
Dr. Logic
 
paintballcapt062's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Queretaro Mexico
 has been a member for 10 years
 plays in the NXL
paintballcapt062 plays in the MiLP
paintballcapt062 plays in the APPA D4 division
paintballcapt062 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by viking002 View Post
Off subject a little but did any teams change sponsors this year? I thought I saw NRG shooting PE now that their Boom/Dye contract is completed.
Damage move to HK as a paint sponsor and for some of their soft goods. FK posted that to his Instagram a few days ago. As far as I know, they are still primarily virtue / BK and shooting DLX
__________________
"Those With Nothing Over Coming Those With Everything!" UNDR PRVLDGD
TAMPA BAY DAMAGE
HAVOC D3 MXL
SUPPORTED BY: Nitro Paintball Virtue Paintball
#1 In the Timmy Propst Fan Club
paintballcapt062 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 02:55 PM #376
PBSales
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor the great View Post
I loved the rate of fire, the field designs, the penalty boxes etc. except for the sideline hes coming! Coaching.

In other news. The nxl has cancelled super cup to avoid that hefty pay check, and Kevin breadathaur is coaching dynasty again
If you liked to spend your day listening to people screaming, then yeah, coaching was fantastic.
__________________
"Needs, I give that to what bothers too many folks. They keep expanding their needs until they are too dependent on too many things and too many other people". Dick Proenneke
PBSales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 03:15 PM #377
_tamer_
 
 
_tamer_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Coventry, CT
 plays in the NXL
_tamer_ owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
_tamer_ plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by viking002 View Post
Off subject a little but did any teams change sponsors this year? I thought I saw NRG shooting PE now that their Boom/Dye contract is completed.
yes. NRG is back to PE
_tamer_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 04:56 PM #378
dubv187
Inglewood
 
dubv187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Charlotte, NC
 has been a member for 10 years
dubv187 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dubv187 is an NCPA player
Did LVL trim down their roster? Seems like they have less guys than they did last year.
__________________
WEST VIRGINIA MOUNTAINEERS
ALL CANADIANS FOR LIFE
dubv187 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups


Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump