Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-15-2021, 10:00 PM #3445
Bstealth

That’s the only AC I have left so I don’t have any more pics of those to post
Do you sell your gear at your local fields or do you post them on FB?
I usually carpool but I’ve had to drive myself for the last 2 outings & it really is nice to just pack the gear you want for just in case.
Would you recommend the Encore bolt for the Ice? I’ve seen a lot of guys say it’s not worth it since the Ice has such a great shot with the stock bolt. Does it give it the feel of the X shot?
I haven’t shot an Amp yet but they must feel good if you are still putting in the effort to make 1 a keeper. I feel like you have given it more than fair chance & it has continually let you down. It has been a very disappointing release for the Amp to say the least.
Can’t wait to see the TM40 & hear about the Ninjaball results.
Good luck!
Bstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-15-2021, 10:29 PM #3446
Mr. Stealthy

has been a member for 10 years
Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
^ Not directed towards me but I don’t really feel the Encore is worth it on the Ice unless you just don’t want to worry about the bolt springs failing (which last a ton of shots to begin with). Shot quality is very comparable and efficiency is slightly better with the Ice bolt.
Mr. Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 01:30 AM #3447
Noa Bo
Back Center = Bad Back

Annual Supporting Member
Noa Bo plays in the APPA D3 division
Thursday Session, NXL Layout, Adrenaline TM40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bstealth View Post
Thatís the only AC I have left so I donít have any more pics of those to post
Do you sell your gear at your local fields or do you post them on FB?
I usually carpool but Iíve had to drive myself for the last 2 outings & it really is nice to just pack the gear you want for just in case.
Would you recommend the Encore bolt for the Ice? Iíve seen a lot of guys say itís not worth it since the Ice has such a great shot with the stock bolt. Does it give it the feel of the X shot?
I havenít shot an Amp yet but they must feel good if you are still putting in the effort to make 1 a keeper. I feel like you have given it more than fair chance & it has continually let you down. It has been a very disappointing release for the Amp to say the least.
Canít wait to see the TM40 & hear about the Ninjaball results.
Good luck!
I prefer to sell my gear at the field but I donít have any problems selling via Facebook bst. The MRaDBPTM group will probably end up being one of the safest places we can bst. Basically anyone on here with a good rep can easily sell or trade there.

Sigh... AMP. Iím generally used to new guns being like this. A teething period. The one I have I really like the dust blue, and Iím feeling confident that the mech frame is going to transform that gun for me. So I do want to keep it. Once all bugs in the electro form are figured out, that gun will be pretty good. Iíll explain down below why I think the mech frame will save that gun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stealthy View Post
^ Not directed towards me but I donít really feel the Encore is worth it on the Ice unless you just donít want to worry about the bolt springs failing (which last a ton of shots to begin with). Shot quality is very comparable and efficiency is slightly better with the Ice bolt.
Totally this ^
Although... I think I do like the Encore just a little bit more then the stock engine. I donít have any regrets buying one and I donít plan on switching back to the stock engine.

Thursday Session and the NXL Layout
Had a good practice with my team. The Macdev XTS shot great ( Emerald ), but I have it setup really long and itís feeling top heavy with the Spire 280. Itís great for lanes and pumping out paint, but the layout is tricky. Here is my impression of the Sunshine State Major NXL layout-

-You have this back row of bunkers thatís missing a D corner.
-Then almost nothing after that. It feels like the 20 and 30 yard lines are empty and then BAM!
-The 40 yard line and 50 are crammed with bunkers. Wedges. An X platform.
-So I felt like I would leave the back row and push up into the 40 yard line, and from there it felt like close quarters combat.

The Prime felt more like a rifle setup, which was great for lanes. The Geo 4 felt like an uzi sort of, quick, short feeling ( i did have a 68 tank on it ), and that felt good for the CQC thing I was feeling. In the end I think I preferred the feel of the Geo more then I did the Prime, as it just felt a bit more maneuverable in the hands, and I needed that more.

A/TM40
It arrived while I was at the field so I didnít have the chance to play with it. Pics are posted on Facebook. SS inserts do have a heavier feel to them! I got home and unboxed it and began to check it out. Electro form shot good, but seems like itís shooting low. Trigger feels good. The whole gun itself is so nice. Like really nice.

The mech frame feels funny with that big chunk missing. Iíd like a non Garmin mech frame in mine. It has a leak. I need to figure out why in mech form itís leaking. I tried settling the mech valve properly, greased key areas. Couldnít fix the leak. I sent James Graley a message so I can figure it out. I was still able to shoot it in mech form. Holy Cowabunga. Iím pretty sure the AMP is gonna shoot like an A/TM40, which is amazing. The mech A/TM40 shoots simply amazing. Yes it has that leak, but ití feels as if itís shooting like it is an electro- with a single trigger and no ramp capability- responsive AF trigger pull guys.

It shoots so good in mech form that I would bet money I can play in the tournament Saturday with it and do just as good. Maybe even better. Itís that damn good I think. Iím thinking of the possibilities of the A/TM40 in mech form and Iím really stoked. I really canít wait to fix the leak and get to work with this gun. Gonna leave it at that for now.
-Operation Paintball [ woodsball and speedball ]
-DBS Pro Shop and Outdoor Field
-Ryan Podesta Gunfightersports.com
-Dye Precision
-Shocker Paintball and DLX Technologies
-Trademygun.com
-Virtue Paintball- Built To Win
https://virtuepb.com/?sca_ref=667267.6PUbRPX1na
-Adrenaline Paintball
2021 Setups Powered with Powerhouse Regs
-Adrenaline TM40, Powerhouse HAYMKR Extended Reg, 68ci Tank, and CTRL Loader. [ speedball ]
-Adrenaline TM40, Powerhouse HAYMKR Extended Reg, 68ci Tank, and Dye Rotor. [ woodsball]
2021 Speedball Team Gunís 4 Hire: Fight Club and Minigunz
Noa Bo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 07:06 PM #3448
Noa Bo
Back Center = Bad Back

Annual Supporting Member
Quick Update cont. Mainly ATM40 stuff

Adrenaline TM40
Got rid of the leak in the mech frame. Best possible mech trigger one could hope for. Easiest and fastest trigger to pull. Feels as if you were shooting a single trigger electro. I was this close to deciding playing the tournament with it in mech format. Alas I need the ramp for off the break lanes. Probably gonna try to play with it in mech format in speedball practice after this event.

Facebook Page
Posted a ton of pics of the new Luxe, the AMP, the F16 bolt, and some bolt comparisons. The ATM40 is so eye capturing I canít get over it. Also the sight down ability is off the charts. This is the first Luxe I can comfortably sight down and see my barrel and target. Adrenaline made this groove on the top corner that helps guide my eye very well. If that design cue was on purpose, hats off to the designers.

Iím just finding more and more small details about the gun that Iím starting to like. The new grips for one, which feel good and secure. The front grip feels so good. The feedneck latch feels better then previous versions. Barrel screwing in feels better then the X, and much more secure.

The trigger on the electro feels phenomenal. Probably the best out of box trigger Iíve ever felt. Has the right amount of weight, travel, and feel. I think Iím pretty smitten with this thing already. Adrenaline really did an excellent job on this. And I am in the mindset to just add the miles on this thing without a care for longevity or anything. Iíll worry when the wheels fall off.
-Dye Precision
-Trademygun.com
-Adrenaline Paintball
-Adrenaline TM40, Powerhouse HAYMKR Extended Reg, 68ci Tank, and CTRL Loader. [ speedball ]
-Adrenaline TM40, Powerhouse HAYMKR Extended Reg, 68ci Tank, and Dye Rotor. [ woodsball]
Old 04-16-2021, 09:44 PM #3449
Bstealth

Thanks for answering MrStealthy. I have a lot of respect for the veterans of this thread & I know some of you have real time experience with the Luxe. When you mentioned the bolt spring failing, are you referring to that little 1 at the top of the guide?
Noa, I saw your FB pics today. Not to just overlook all of your other pics but that Adrenaline is sweet!!!! At first I thought it was a chocolate color but know you have a thing for all black markers so knew it was either the lighting or my screen.
Good luck at the tourney
Old 04-17-2021, 07:44 AM #3450
James Graley

James Graley is a founding member
James Graley works for a Paintball manufacturer
They have a few blacks. Think like a black M16 or AR15 how deep black they are. We usually use the black 1 step down from that on all black guns. I think his Silver Surfer may have the full black. We let the ano guy choose on full customs which black would look best.
James Graley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 01:43 PM #3451
Mr. Charlie
Scales CS1, M2, & M3s+

Mr. Charlie owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Noa, the Dynasty Scales CS1 has milling that provides a place that you are describing when you look down the side of the Marker. It’s why I like it so much. It’s like a perfect line of sight to the barrel tip and puts the Marker at a perfect angle for playing Doritos lol.

Good to hear the ATM40 has that too. I feel like Dye Markers have a natural pointing feel like that too. Probably because the top of the body is rounded. I feel like a lot of Planet Eclipse markers are more square shaped on top...
Old 04-17-2021, 10:37 PM #3452
Noa Bo
Back Center = Bad Back

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Charlie View Post
Noa, the Dynasty Scales CS1 has milling that provides a place that you are describing when you look down the side of the Marker. Itís why I like it so much. Itís like a perfect line of sight to the barrel tip and puts the Marker at a perfect angle for playing Doritos lol.

Good to hear the ATM40 has that too. I feel like Dye Markers have a natural pointing feel like that too. Probably because the top of the body is rounded. I feel like a lot of Planet Eclipse markers are more square shaped on top...
I will have to look at that now, but I might sell the Scales to my brother. I like the Geo 4 a little bit more because I can beat it up and not feel as guilty. The DSR is super easy for me to sight down. Always has been. The Shocker AMP is like that also.
-Dye Precision
-Trademygun.com
-Adrenaline Paintball
Old 04-18-2021, 12:23 AM #3453
Noa Bo
Back Center = Bad Back

Annual Supporting Member
Ninjaball Update

We took first place!

Markers Used
Adrenaline TM40
Geo 4

ATM40
Had a 80ci tank on this. Lanes with this were really good. Unbelievable consistency and efficiency. I need to start playing with a 68ci tank on this. This gun is straight fire.

Geo 4
Had a 68ci tank on it. Great for close up gun battling. Boring but in a good way.

Thatís it. I just used two guns the whole event. Probably wouldíve kept using the ATM40 but I needed a short setup. Teams were getting sneakier and more confident as the day wore on, so 40, 50, and even our side of the field, players were getting close. I ended up using the shorter setup to get small when needed, and something more compact for when needing to snap out and some gun battling. Switching to the Geo 4 gave me what I needed. Short and

Iím falling asleep as I write this. Was a long day. We played with 5 only. Had no pit crew really. Nor a pod runner.
-Dye Precision
-Trademygun.com
-Adrenaline Paintball
Old 04-18-2021, 06:34 AM #3454
Jim

Jim is a founding member
Congrats, Noa! Snagging first while also having new equipment work like it should is like a double win.
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 11:18 AM #3455
Noa Bo
Back Center = Bad Back

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Congrats, Noa! Snagging first while also having new equipment work like it should is like a double win.
Thank you! Hey, we have a guy on our team from Jersey, Mark Mieterman. Mark is a great dude and insanely good player. The east coast vibe he brings is the best. Yes, Adrenaline makes unbelievably good customized products.

Evan Greco who played in the D4 bracket, he took first place with his team BTA, and he used his Adrenaline TM40 as well. Adrenaline was well represented yesterday.
-Dye Precision
-Trademygun.com
-Adrenaline Paintball

Last edited by Noa Bo : 04-18-2021 at 11:20 AM.
Old 04-18-2021, 11:29 AM #3456
Jim

Jim is a founding member
Nice! I pinged James and some of the customs will be done in a month or so, hopefully mine will be in that batch. Although, as I’ll be unable to play for a bit it won’t make its field debut until later this year, I’m still excited to check it out.

Mark doesn’t ring a bell but I’ve been out of the “names” for a bit. I’ve just hopped on teams as owners or fields asked but perhaps next season will be more of a formal return, we’ll see. We def have some good ballers around here so I’m glad he represented Jersey well!
Old 04-18-2021, 12:53 PM #3457
Noa Bo
Back Center = Bad Back

Annual Supporting Member
Evan I think is still trying to get a second ATM40, and after yesterday I am sort of thinking about grabbing a second one as well. Crazy and expensive but they just seem that good. Which one are you getting?

Oh. I added the stainless steel inserts with my order and those seem like a good add on/buy as well. I like the extra weight, especially for lanes and the gun getting into ramp. The 16” ACP tip seems like an interesting piece to test as well.
-Dye Precision
-Trademygun.com
-Adrenaline Paintball
Old 04-18-2021, 03:37 PM #3458
Jim

Jim is a founding member
I have a couple new annos I’ve been looking to try, we’ll see how this particular one comes out. It’s going to be split dust/polish and with that delicious milling, hopefully it’ll be as sharp as I envision.
Old 04-18-2021, 06:07 PM #3459
Mr. Charlie
Scales CS1, M2, & M3s+

Congratulations to you and your team Noa!

Had a lazy practice today since it’s the weekend after the tournament. The Dye M2 shot perfectly though. I forgot how smooth it is! Smoother than the CS1 it sounds like a bag of popcorn popping lol.
Old 04-18-2021, 10:03 PM #3460
Noa Bo
Back Center = Bad Back

Annual Supporting Member
Ty Charlie! Donít make me want to shoot my M2! I need to sell it.

I forgot to mention... when I went to go chrono my ATM40 before the games started, it first shot over 430 FPS. Then it was shooting in the 380ís. I turned it down to 270-280 range, thinking it was going to creep up in speed later in the day, and that didnít happen. The ATM40 totally feels like itís shooting low fps, but it was really shooting around the 280 fps range. Feedback is deceptively low. Canít wait to shoot this thing in mech form this upcoming Thursday.

I think thatís part of what threw me off with the ATM40 in gun battles, snapping out. I wasnít used to the relatively small amount of feedback while shooting. The long tank wasnít agreeing with me totally either. Shouldíve had a couple days practice with it before I played with it in competition, but itís still okay. It feels like a luxe and it still did work. Out of the box this thing performed like a champ.

Also I did see the pics of the DLX Luxe TM40. I like the subtle changes to the milling. They kept the trigger guard like the last Luxes. Not a bad thing at all.
-Dye Precision
-Trademygun.com
-Adrenaline Paintball
Old 04-19-2021, 09:06 AM #3461
imped4now
BTFU

imped4now owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
imped4now supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noa Bo View Post
They kept the trigger guard like the last Luxes. Not a bad thing at all.
Looks like the trigger guard and grip design = Adrenaline, as they should.
imped4now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 05:42 PM #3462
Mr. Stealthy

Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bstealth View Post
Thanks for answering MrStealthy. I have a lot of respect for the veterans of this thread & I know some of you have real time experience with the Luxe. When you mentioned the bolt spring failing, are you referring to that little 1 at the top of the guide?
Noa, I saw your FB pics today. Not to just overlook all of your other pics but that Adrenaline is sweet!!!! At first I thought it was a chocolate color but know you have a thing for all black markers so knew it was either the lighting or my screen.
Good luck at the tourney
The bolt springs are typically what break, but any of the springs could presumably fail. Doesnít happen to everyone, but around 100K is around the sweet spot for them to potentially break. I had an one with well over 100k through it that held up just fine.
Mr. Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 06:37 PM #3463
imped4now
BTFU

imped4now owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
imped4now supports Ninja Paintball
I replaced a broken bolt spring for a kid at the field on
Saturday. Not a big deal and it wouldn't deter me from picking up an ICE.

On a separate note, I made a few observations at the field:

1) Tons of equipment issues, most of it very simple stuff. (Not my equipment)

2) I listened to *so many* folks complain about said issues and the wait in the pro shop. Dropping it off at the pro shop was their first move instead of any attempt to diagnose and fix themselves.

3) I fixed 4 markers and handled a few others. Every one of them had triggers that felt like total garbage.

People, learn how your markers work. Once you figure it out, many of those lessons/concepts are universal. No more guessing or waiting on someone else...

And for God's sake, don't just live with a **** trigger. Figure out why it's **** and set it up nicely. One of the fellas above had an RSX and I asked him if he really liked how his trigger felt. His answer was, "I guess it's not great but that's how it came."

Come on.

Last edited by imped4now : 04-19-2021 at 10:29 PM.
imped4now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 08:36 PM #3464
Bstealth

Way to go Noa, that’s awesome! Especially doing it with just the 5 of you. You guys must have been exhausted by the end of the day. Do you know how many games you played through the day?
That was a gutsy call to use a fresh out of the box marker for a tournament. It shouldn’t be that way but I’ve seen too many disappointed guys, including just this past tourney when a guy bought an X on a Thursday for a Saturday tourney & it just kept shutting off on him.

Good to know James. Now I can repeat what you said & if someone asks how do I know, I’ll just say I know a guy LOL

Stealthy, I’m only half way there, so I should be good for a while then but that’s helpful info.

Ok Imped, I don’t know if this would work in a text format but can you describe what makes a good trigger? I’m 1 of those guys that hasn't messed with a trigger adjustment since I owning Nasty Impulse & Shocker SFT. Everything just goes into ramping now so it doesn’t seem as important as when it was uncapped semi.
What adjustments am I looking to make to have a nice trigger feel?

Also, from what I see at the field, it’s better off they wait for someone at the pro shop, so many don’t have a clue how their markers work & are bound to make things worse.
Old 04-19-2021, 10:20 PM #3465
Noa Bo
Back Center = Bad Back

Annual Supporting Member
Triggers
If Iím unhappy with the trigger I will do the work to get it as close to where Iíd like it. Usually I like a little travel in mine, but not too much. I donít like excess wiggle or slop. Sometimes markers just arrive with a decent feeling trigger and I wonít change it- Geo 4, AMP, ATM40 and some Primes. I like how the CS2PRO comes with two different style trigger shoes- scythe and blade.

Ice
Iíll take ďthe Encore with no springsĒ for a 100 Alex. 100k seems like the life on the springs. Not a deal breaker but in my situation I prefer the less involved route.

Players and gun problems
I went over a Geo 4 at the tournament ( we had a bye ), and said player shall remain anonymous.. but his back cap was stuck up in a semi permanent state. His bolt can wasnít screwed in all the way. He had no clue what the sfr was... and this is coming from a college educated man, and with a high paintball IQ. All was fixed properly and things were good to go. Pbnation is so useful but itís hardly used by the player base it seems. Btw I give credit to Imped and pbnation if people ask further about why I know so much about techín. Seriously sometimes I feel like Iím just a soldier set out to test weapons for a mad scientist.

Iím hoping Imped starts a thread for beginners and budding players who want to work on their own equipment, but donít know where to begin. I could see that thing going massively viral in our sport.

Bstealth!
Ty bro. I was pushing the limits of cardio on Saturday, and it was the first hot day for us- it was high 70ís maybe? But to us in the north it felt hotter. Man... I will pay for a pod runner and someone to help us pit next time. That was exhausting. And Iím no spring daisy either. Maybe weíll have a 6th next time.

I had a good feeling about the ATM40 but youíre right, it went against good reason to take such a chance. I think thatís partially why I also reached for the Geo 4 in the second half. I felt like I was pushing my luck and I havenít really gotten the chance to dial it in properly. But so far this thing appears to be a tank. I just put it in Mech form and it shoots so freakn good. Thursday canít come soon enough. Thereís a strong possibility of it replacing my CS2Pro if it performs well.

@James Graley
Adrenaline Angel 2023. Just dreaming for a second. Like the Shocker being reborn into the RSX, you could bring back a great name and usher in a modernized Angel Marker, of course with the Adrenaline touch.
-Dye Precision
-Trademygun.com
-Adrenaline Paintball