High-end Aficionado

Annual Supporting Member
Big Papa Pink is BST Legit
Big Papa Pink owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Big Papa Pink owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
Big Papa Pink owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek MG100
Big Papa Pink supports DLX Technology
Man, what a tragic loss. RIP Tim.

Can we all agree to slap each other into next year? Please?

Current Dark Side Markers:
Active: Several Markers
Active Reserve: Many, Many More
Retired from Active Service: A Few limited edition yet fully functional markers
Big Papa Pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 07:10 PM #46
painter4life05
cixelsyd

has been a member for 10 years
painter4life05 supports Cereal Killerz 2
painter4life05 donated to help Peyton Trent
painter4life05 supports Ninja Paintball
I remember chatting with him at an event about Pittsburgh beer.

Great player and even better person for the sport.

Rest in peace Tim40

PUMP OT B.Y.O.L.B.

OG Feedback 45+
painter4life05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 07:14 PM #47
Nor Cal Shocker
I really don't care....

Nor Cal Shocker is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Papa Pink View Post
Man, what a tragic loss. RIP Tim.

Can we all agree to slap each other into next year? Please?
True loss, for sure. Let's all slowdown for a few and know he made this a better place/world while he was here.

Yes, BPP, I agree we can just skip the rest of 2020 at this point.
Nor Cal Shocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 07:40 PM #48
Nj_Balla791
Suck brick, kid.

Nj_Balla791 plays in the PSP
What a sad day for paintball. This one hurts.
Old 06-22-2020, 07:41 PM #49
ProtoSkillz

So terribly sad. Never want to hear this about ANYONE but Tim? He was such a good guy. Had the chance to meet him briefly at ICC 2 and he was very welcoming. RIP.
ProtoSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 07:52 PM #50
DriverJ
Death is Coming...

DriverJ owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
DriverJ owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
DriverJ owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
DriverJ owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
DriverJ supports Team VICIOUS
DriverJ is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Wow, Rip
Old 06-22-2020, 07:53 PM #51
OLPB18

OLPB18 is playing at Living Legends Dreaded
OLPB18 supports Shocker RSX
OLPB18 supports Ninja Paintball
OLPB18 supports Empire
100% with the Tim Montressor Classic idea.

RIP dude you were an icon of the sport and a fantastic person.
Old 06-22-2020, 07:59 PM #52
John
Administrator

Annual Supporting Member
John owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
John owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
John owns a Planet Eclipse - Gtek 170r
John owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
John owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
John owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek MG100
I really didn't want to think about this much less write anything, but Tim deserves more than we can ever give.

Paintball lost a great man this morning with the passing of Tim Montressor. Tim has been a fixture within paintball for close to 20 years now and his influence transcended many parts of the sport and game we share in common. Tim's passion for paintball and overwhelming positivity was infectious and inspired those around him to not only do what they love, but to truly do it better to the best of their ability.

I first noticed Tim on Tippmann Effect around 2002. Tim lived near Detroit and Tippmann Effect cultivated an unbelievable amount of local talent with numerous players continuing on to play professionally, but none distinguished themselves as much as Tim, on and off the paintball field. Tim quickly moved up the ranks and played with Detroit Thunder and then literally the best team in the world at the time: the Philadelphia Americans (even though Tim was from Michigan and the team was really based on the other side of the state near Pittsburgh).

Tim became the heart the Philly Americans, a loyal player who started with with the team at its pinnacle but stayed through some rebuilding years and back to glory until the team was dissolved when Smart Parts, their main sponsor, was forced out of business. He then played with one of their arch-rivals, Aftershock, taking a leadership position and helping them take their two best franchise finishes in Xball that season. Tim went on to play on Impact, Dynapact, Houston Heat and settling in to play with his former Philly American friend, Jason "Fat Kid" Edwards, on Tampa Bay Damage for the last several years. Tim guested for numerous teams, often out of the country, which gave him the amazing opportunity to travel all over the world almost every weekend for fun, competition and work. Tim's relentless travel would have worn out any normal person, but Tim seemed to thrive on it, often only stopping home long enough for laundry before heading back out. He loved it and it became an important part of his life.

Working at the All American Paintball Park, Smart Parts, GOG, DLX (all variations of the same company), Tim "grew up" hearing about paintball's "good old days" playing 10-man in the woods. He wanted to bring back some of that fun mixed with raucous camaraderie and allow older players to relive their glory days alongside players who only got to experience it through magazines or stories. Tim's ingenious spin was to allow electronic markers on the field set at 5.5 BPS alongside mechanical markers and call it "Classic Paintball." This key detail allowed more players to enjoy the format without purchasing new gear and was one of reasons Tim's new tournament, the Iron City Classic (ICC), went from being a one-off event to one of the most envied and copied paintball formats in the world spawning a whole new format of Classic Paintball. Only in its 4th year in 2020, the ICC has become the event of the year and a touchstone within paintball that brought together players from different generations and styles to one field, for one weekend a year to enjoy something amazing together.

However, Tim's enduring legacy should not just be the Iron City Classic, as great as that event is and as much as it was Tim's creation. Tim's contributions to the world go beyond being a standout employee or great paintball player who refined himself physically and mentally to continue playing at the highest level for decades.

Tim showed us that it is possible to follow our dreams without ever giving off the impression that he was superior. He worked at his dream job and traveled the world playing professional paintball and even though he was undoubtably one of the cool kids, he made time for everyone. The lesson I hope Tim's all too-short life taught us all is that we have within us the potential to do better. Be better. My genuine hope is that Tim's zeal, his genuine smile and his work across the globe as an ambassador has lent us all some of that infectious positivity.

Tim literally was the best of us.

There will be a push to rename the ICC in Tim's honor or retire Tim's iconic jersey #40 and there will be time for that discussion later. Right now, anyone who could make decisions like that has been hit way harder by Tim's early passing than the rest of us and they need the space and time to grieve for a genuinely great soul. My heart goes out to Adam, Russ, Chad, Sam, Ryan and Tim's other close friends and loving family. As hard as today has been for me, I am sure it's been infinitely worse for you. Tim's friends were legion and his fans literally spanned the globe. None of you could have a better role model. We should all make the world a better place and try to be more like Tim.

John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 08:10 PM #53
DLXRichardHance

DLXRichardHance works for a Paintball manufacturer
DLXRichardHance supports DLX Technology
DLXRichardHance supports Shocker RSX
DLXRichardHance supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
I really didn't want to think about this much less write anything, but Tim deserves more than we can ever give.

Paintball lost a great man this morning with the passing of Tim Montressor. Tim has been a fixture within paintball for close to 20 years now and his influence transcended many parts of the sport and game we share in common. Tim's passion for paintball and overwhelming positivity was infectious and inspired those around him to not only do what they love, but to do it better and to the best of their ability.

I first noticed Tim on Tippmann Effect around 2002. Effect had an unbelievable amount of talent with numerous players continuing on to play professionally, but none distinguished themselves as much as Tim, on and off the paintball field. Tim quickly moved up the ranks and played with Detroit Thunder and then literally the best team in the world at the time: the Philadelphia Americans (even though Tim was from Michigan and the team was really based on the other side of the state near Pittsburgh).

Tim was a loyal player and stayed with the team through some ups and downs until it was dissolved when Smart Parts, their main sponsor, was forced out of business. He then played with one of their arch-rivals Aftershock before playing on Impact, Dynapact, Houston Heat and settling in to play on Tampa Bay Damage for the last several years. Tim guested for numerous teams, often out of the country, which gave him the amazing opportunity to travel all over the world almost every weekend for fun, competition and work.

Working at Smart Parts, GOG/DLX, Tim "grew up" hearing about paintball's "good old days" playing 10-man in the woods. He wanted to bring back some of that fun mixed with raucous camaraderie and allow players to relive their glory days alongside players who only got to experience it through magazines or stories. Tim's ingenious spin was to allow electronic markers on the field set at 5.5 BPS and call it "Classic Paintball." This key detail allowed more players to enjoy the format without purchasing new gear and was one of reasons Tim's new tournament, the Iron City Classic (ICC), went from being an event to one of the most envied and copied paintball formats in the world and spawned a whole new format of Classic Paintball. Only in its 4th year in 2020, the ICC has become the event of the year and a touchstone within paintball that brought together players from different generations and styles to one field, for one weekend a year to enjoy something amazing together.

However, Tim's enduring legacy should not just be the Iron City Classic, as great as that event is and as much as it was Tim's creation. Tim's contributions to the world go beyond being a standout employee or great paintball player who refined himself physically and mentally to continue playing at the highest level for decades.

Tim also may have taught us that it is possible to follow our dreams. He worked at his dream job and traveled the world playing professional paintball. The lesson I hope Tim's too short life taught us all is that we have within us the potential to do better. Be better. My genuine hope is that Tim's zeal, his genuine smile and his work across the globe as an ambassador has taught us some of that infectious positivity.

Tim literally was the best of us.

There will be a push to rename the ICC in Tim's honor and there will be time for that discussion later. Right now, anyone who could make that decision is hit way harder by Tim's early passing than the rest of us and they need the space and time to grieve for a genuinely great soul. My heart goes out to Adam, Russ, Chad, Ryan and Tim's other close friends. As hard as today has been for me, I am sure it's been infinitely worse for you. Tim's friends were legion and his fans literally spanned the globe. None of you could not have a better role model. We should all make the world a better place and try to be more like Tim.
This was incredibly written John. Thanks for putting those words together.

2 Time World Cup Champion (Fluffy Bunnies)
DLXRichardHance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 08:26 PM #54
StreetfighterX

StreetfighterX supports Shocker RSX
StreetfighterX supports Ninja Paintball
Heroes get remembered but legends never die. RIP Tim
StreetfighterX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 08:30 PM #55
Mc44805

Rest In Power God Bless 🙏
Mc44805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 08:42 PM #56
epik808
RED TURTLE MEDIA

epik808 posts videos on PbNation
epik808 has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
2020 be on some bull****
Old 06-22-2020, 08:44 PM #57
pumpndump

pumpndump has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
pumpndump has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
This hurt. I haven't kept up with much news in the paintball world for the past couple years, but when I saw this my stomach dropped.
Rip legend.

vsc phantom, palmers stabilizer
pumpndump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 08:45 PM #58
4leaf4life
WHAMMY

4leaf4life is a founding member
4leaf4life is a Professional paintball player
4leaf4life works for a Paintball manufacturer
 plays in the NXL
4leaf4life is Legendary
I'm so unbelievably devastated by this. The world just got a little dimmer. I'm going to cherish Tim and his life for the rest of my life
4leaf4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 08:50 PM #59
Smart_Parts09

plays in the NXL
 is playing at Living Legends XI
Just played with Tim last weekend at Urban Assault Paintball. He was incredibly nice and super helpful. He was the epitome of what it means to be an ambassador of the sport and life! A true legend that will always be remembered.

Trade My Gun Outlaws
"Take what you want"
Smart_Parts09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 09:01 PM #60
noclue119
D4 to D5 in 3 years.

is playing at Living Legends XI
noclue119 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
noclue119 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
noclue119 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
The first time I met Tim was when he handled out rental stuff at All American Paintball pack way way way back on a Friday night.
Nicest guy ever!
RIP
noclue119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 09:10 PM #61
SmArTpArTs#5
New England

SmArTpArTs#5 is a founding member
SmArTpArTs#5 is BST Legit
 plays in the NXL
SmArTpArTs#5 owns a Planet Eclipse CSR
Tmcc

Boston Paintball
Virtue Paintball
SmArTpArTs#5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 09:20 PM #62
yugo52
Stop Resisting!

Annual Supporting Member
yugo52 is a Supporting Member
yugo52 supports Shocker RSX
yugo52 supports Ninja Paintball
Just awful news. I was just joking with him two weeks ago at Urban about whether or not moving the tape line in the woods was a good idea or not.

I wasn’t close with him, but in the numerous interactions I’ve had with Tim, I cannot remember him not interacting with anyone without a smile.

His legacy as not only a paintball player, but more importantly as a great human being, will live on forever.

-----The--Thin--Blue--Line-----
yugo52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 09:27 PM #63
DirtyDave22!

I am absolutely shocked, especially as we just reconnected last week for the first time in over 10 years. Extremely well-written piece John and will definitely keep all his family and friends in my prayers.

A true warrior and classy veteran of the sport!
DirtyDave22! is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.