Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 10:33 AM #22
TheDRulesAll
Substance D Abuse

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Void_33
dont even argue, dont mean to change the theme of this thread but skitzo must be corrected, the quest is lighter, more efficient, faster, easier matnience, and probably more consistant than a cyborg...any more points?

KillWithGrace
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-28-2006, 07:18 PM #23
Hose Factory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Person
The only way I can imagine making an electro epic is with alot of changes.

The built in regulator will need to be removed..a new grip frame would need to be designed so that electronic components, a battery and a solenoid could fit in it. The valve area would need to be tapped one way or another to allow the use of a vertical regulator in place of the standard simple foregrip.

The gun would be completely changed, and would use a normal non built in ASA unless they internally routed the airlines from the vertical regulator through the all new trigger frame. Its possible.
So in other words thread the valve and use an elbow like an automag and mayhem. Maybe use hard line on the outside like the orignal automag RT. Replacing the foregrip with a regulator doesn't seem like a huge jump since pretty much every marker is like that.

Last edited by Hose Factory : 07-29-2006 at 10:51 PM.
Old 07-30-2006, 10:52 PM #24
insane_clown_killer

insane_clown_killer is playing at Living Legends VI
insane_clown_killer has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Where could one find an epic to tear apart and figure out away for it to be made into a functioning electro? I am interested in taking on a project that could be profitable thats also challenging.

WTB SFT pl bodies, aftermarket boards, barrels and BL timmy 2k5/2k6 parts (pl bodies, stock and aftermarket boards) and all gen rippers
Old 07-30-2006, 11:46 PM #25
dann_

Either buy one from ICE or search various forums/eBay.

Edit: Try PMing that "systemx29" kid to see if his is still for sale.

-Dan

Last edited by dann_ : 07-30-2006 at 11:48 PM.
Old 08-09-2006, 04:32 PM #26
systemx29
African watering hole ftw

i traded it for some oldschool gear
"Originally posted by I Have Leprosy: DIZ IS Da CRIPt WE B HAting need A nEw rifle to snipe DAt sukkA and HURRY BUY DIZ PANT I HAV LEProsy AND MY TRIGGA finga Bout TO FAll OUT!@!!!!!! I NEEZ TOP KILLZ SUM KRYPT TO DOO SUM GOOD IN THIS EART PEACE."
"Originally posted by bokraham;29107026: you're about 60 pages late"
WAS,ENTROPY,****** BOARDS...CHEAP!!!!
Sick 2k5'd timmy for sale
Old 08-31-2006, 11:10 PM #27
icdbko32
its black not ninja!!!

i would definately buy an electro epic if it had some better milling and could shoot say 18-20.

if somebody could explain how the epic totally works mainly the trap door then maybe i could try and think up a system as well as other if somebody made a thread. this definately sounds like a good idea as these guns would have the greatest consistancy of them all i think and the least amount of kick.

so lets try and offer our idea to the deisgner of epics or just let it be.
Old 09-02-2006, 05:53 PM #28
SPARTAN II
Project Spartan II

Quote:
Originally Posted by (^_@)Skitzo
dont even argue, dont mean to change the theme of this thread but skitzo must be corrected, the quest is lighter, more efficient, faster, easier to maintain, and probably more consistant than a cyborg...any more points?

no the borg is as easy to maintain.. more consistant..about the same weight if not lighter and WAYYY more efficient...

Ok, but then you must be corrected, my Viking is lighter, faster , more efficiant, more reliable....yah. It may not be a single tube, but sexy all the same

The mech epic is deff worth the cost, it's just pointed toward a diff croud then the tournamnet croud

DCF-1 Viking and FreeFlow Millennium Autococker

If you need to get to me PM me at my original screen name linked above...Spartan X. They unbanned my old account, so I'm moving back to it.
Old 09-03-2006, 02:45 PM #29
cyrus-the-virus90
Yes you like mr bunny

cyrus-the-virus90 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by (^_@)Skitzo
dont even argue, dont mean to change the theme of this thread but skitzo must be corrected, the quest is lighter, more efficient, faster, easier to maintain, and probably more consistant than a cyborg...any more points?

no the borg is as easy to maintain.. more consistant..about the same weight if not lighter and WAYYY more efficient...
Can anyone link the video?
Old 09-18-2006, 09:43 PM #30
gomipile

Here is my idea on how to make the Epic electro without losing it's unique charms.

1.) Put the regulator on the very back of the tube, similar to an Automag.

2.) Route the air through a hardline in the grip to the regulator.

3.) Use the extra space where the reg used to be for a battery, board, and pancake solenoid.

Some rearrangement of the internals will be necessary, so I don't think that this would be a feasible mod one could easily have done to a mechanical Epic. However, I do think that it would be quite do-able as a production-level redesign.

With this design, the electro Epic would have a balance similar to a ULE 'mag/ Shocker/Ion but with no external air line(or possibly only a short air line running from the top back of the gripframe to the bottom back of the rear-mounted regulator.)
Old 09-19-2006, 11:51 AM #31
paintflinger

my question is, is it really something that should be done. For some reason, I would have thought that ICE would have done this if they thought it feasible. Personally though, I think it would be cool, but I don't know if the trap door system can fire more than 12 bps. feel free to correct me if you disagree
"Originally posted by 513v3n: u must have a huge *** imagination. I wonder what you think every cloud looks like."
"Originally posted by PsychoPaintbalEffect: You should have put a ul frame wash cloth and a toilet paper role barrel and pwned the soap."
Old 09-19-2006, 02:40 PM #32
corbett
GO CAP GO!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintflinger
my question is, is it really something that should be done. For some reason, I would have thought that ICE would have done this if they thought it feasible. Personally though, I think it would be cool, but I don't know if the trap door system can fire more than 12 bps. feel free to correct me if you disagree

I'm WAY too lazy too look right now, but I think it can get around 16cps... I see that as acceptable since even semi tournies are cap nazis now a days.

ebay (mossdog427) 14-0
Old 09-19-2006, 07:08 PM #33
Void_33

now guys, im not trying to turn this into a quiz, or say im a genius, but i recently thought of a way to open and close the trap door extremly fast without ANY kick at all... yes i said it, this marker (hypothetically) would have NO kick...anyone want a clue?? im seriose this is an awsome idea- every1 i talked to thinks so as well...
Old 09-19-2006, 08:27 PM #34
Hose Factory

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomipile
Here is my idea on how to make the Epic electro without losing it's unique charms.

1.) Put the regulator on the very back of the tube, similar to an Automag.

2.) Route the air through a hardline in the grip to the regulator.

3.) Use the extra space where the reg used to be for a battery, board, and pancake solenoid.

Some rearrangement of the internals will be necessary, so I don't think that this would be a feasible mod one could easily have done to a mechanical Epic. However, I do think that it would be quite do-able as a production-level redesign.

With this design, the electro Epic would have a balance similar to a ULE 'mag/ Shocker/Ion but with no external air line(or possibly only a short air line running from the top back of the gripframe to the bottom back of the rear-mounted regulator.)
Good ideas and sort of simular to my post.
I am not a big fan of the pan-cake noid.
Old 09-21-2006, 04:05 PM #35
Void_33

added onto gomipile's idea?...my idea for the trap door...if you want a clue on my revo idea for the trap door...take a look at yer ceiling fans guys...
Old 09-21-2006, 09:09 PM #36
gomipile

I was trying to keep it simple.

You could probably do something similar to an MQ valve if you wanted to reduce noise and vibration while increasing battery life. However, that would drive costs way up in production and licensing too if intellectual property covered by the MQ patent is used.
Old 09-21-2006, 10:32 PM #37
Hose Factory

Otherwise the use of an electro 3-way and a ram to operate the sear.
That would use much less voltage and vibration of the noid.
Old 09-22-2006, 05:06 PM #38
Void_33

guys, trap door? how would u open and close it? so fast?
Old 09-23-2006, 04:44 AM #39
gomipile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Void_33
guys, trap door? how would u open and close it? so fast?
The ideas I have been thrashing about with the others in this thread involve using the same pneumatics as a normal Epic, but operating the part that is normally operated by the trigger with a solenoid or ram.

Thus, the maximum speed is still the same as the normal Epic.

If you wanted a trapdoor electro to shoot really fast, you'd probably have to operate the trapdoor with a ram. Then you would have to use a second solenoid to fire the ball if you want it to remain a "closed door" marker.

There may be a clever way to avoid using two solenoids, but it would probably involve tricky valving.
Old 09-25-2006, 01:31 PM #40
Legumeofterror (Banned)

one might susspect the new empire gun, the invert, may be similar to the epic. it has the air run through the grip frame and the electronics in the fore grip. though as far as i know theres no solid info on the opperation, i think that the two mentioned facts might mean hope for you guys.
Old 09-25-2006, 04:23 PM #41
papaintballer15
Ya, thats me at your base

papaintballer15 is playing at Living Legends V
papaintballer15 is playing at Living Legends VII
papaintballer15 supports Bob Gurnsey
papaintballer15 posts videos on PbNation
papaintballer15 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
papaintballer15 supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legumeofterror
one might susspect the new empire gun, the invert, may be similar to the epic. it has the air run through the grip frame and the electronics in the fore grip. though as far as i know theres no solid info on the opperation, i think that the two mentioned facts might mean hope for you guys.

nope, its not like the epic... simon established this. and ill be seeing him and probably talking to him and testing the gun saturday.. so ill see what i think about it
Old 09-26-2006, 04:43 PM #42
Void_33

gomipile i respect yer idea, however- i have that clever way to open and close the trap door, no tricky valves, no rocket science, simple a disc that spins, only downside is u'd need a force feed hopper, but thats not a big deal, least i dont think- just have two large holes in the disc, and have it always spinning, time it w/ the solenoid that fires the marker and make sure its always closed when the marker fires...NO kick at all- extremly efficient...why not? sum1 pls tell me
Closed Thread