Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 11-04-2007, 04:35 PM #1
SpYdEr-BaLlEr
Less Than Sign 3

has been a member for 10 years
Question on College teams? (TX)

ok I have heard that colleges such as A&M and other texas colleges have paintball teams. is this true? if so are they just a bunch of guys that go by the name of teh college they go to or are they directly linked to the college like the A&M football team and Basketball teams

SpYdEr-BaLlEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-04-2007, 10:03 PM #2
rylandR
Meow Mix.

rylandR owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
they are clubs. and they compete in the small local tourneys in texas. rice owls, sam has a team, a&m has a good team. rice played thecommandpost.com tournament and a&m and rice both played hrl(houston rookie league). haven't seen sam's team but i know they have one.
rylandR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 12:12 PM #3
D-Rob126

D-Rob126 is an NCPA player
D-Rob126 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpYdEr-BaLlEr View Post
ok I have heard that colleges such as A&M and other texas colleges have paintball teams. is this true? if so are they just a bunch of guys that go by the name of teh college they go to or are they directly linked to the college like the A&M football team and Basketball teams

There is a league called the NCPA that we play in. Its just a group of students taking at least 12 class hours. I don't really think anyone plays actual sports with the school, and most of us aren't even recognized by the school as official teams or clubs. UNT, A&M, Tech, and TSU all have teams. We still play local tourneys like Rice does, but we do actually hold events of our own as well as a national championship.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:12 PM #4
Roy

We really need to be recongnized...

Marq 6 F/S/T
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 06:10 PM #5
SpYdEr-BaLlEr
Less Than Sign 3

ok because i am a freshman in highschool and am really looking forward to college, #1 education, makes me look smarter #2 paintball teams. I am wanting to go to A&M, so with that being said how hard is it to get on a team and actually get to play.?
SpYdEr-BaLlEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 02:09 PM #6
drifterbub
Engineer

I'm on the A&M team.

We are a club team and are officially recognized by the university. We are working on become part of the "Rec-sports" organization which will provide some kind of funding from the university itself.

We have no requirements for wanting to join our club. We take players who have never played before and teach them. All you need to have is your own equipment and sometimes we make exceptions for that. You have to be a full-time student (12 hours) and in good academic standing with the university.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions, spyder.

Darq 7
Vice

Texas aTm Paintball... Whoop!
drifterbub is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups