Community Focus

Old 09-11-2010, 07:20 PM #1
seaneady
Hit The Deadbox Fool

has been a member for 10 years
seaneady owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
seaneady plays in the APPA D5 division
seaneady owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Anyone in Florida having velocity issues?

I have read all the posts and have seen the vidoes showing people in northern states and at elevations way above sea level shooting in the 300fps range , but I am looking to people in Florida to see what they are getting over the chrono. I now have 2 NT's that are only able to shoot the 260-270 range and no higher with the regs set to 160psi no spacers or body spacer , blue insert , fresh batteries , dwell at 6,7,8,9,and 10 decent paint to barrel match. I have tried different tanks as well. Contacted Dye and was sent a new solinoid and still no change. Bought a parts kit and did the BW mod to the blue tip, only gained 3-5 fps. Tried 3 different paints and 3 different barrel combos. I am planning to get back with DYE on monday , but am just dumbfounded. With the regs set to 130 dwell at 6 wich are the stock settings both markers are 230-240. Markers were purchased 1 week apart. one was at my local shop , but had all the updated parts. the other was orderd from Dye and picked up a week later.
seaneady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-12-2010, 05:43 PM #2
JxTPB
duPont Registry

send it in.
JxTPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 10:28 PM #3
ITZ OPIE
The one and only!

ITZ OPIE plays in the PSP
ITZ OPIE donated to help Peyton Trent
ITZ OPIE plays in the APPA D4 division
Damage as well as a large number of people around central florida are shooting nts with no problems. I dont think it has anything to do the the elevation.
Old 09-13-2010, 12:01 AM #4
Empwrd

If you turn up the reg any more, does it start to leak? What I'm getting at is if your reg tester is jacked... Anything more than 150 and the gun leaks. Dont be afraid to turn it up a bit. Its idiot proof, but then again, some idiot will prove me wrong.
Empwrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 01:05 PM #5
chrisatdye
Dye and Proto Paintball

chrisatdye works for a Paintball manufacturer
You can always call our techs at 858-536-5183 x 277 or 280 and bounce your troubles off of them! They may be able to give you some ideas on what is going on with your gun.
San Diego, Ca 92131
chrisw@dyeprecision.com

facebook.com/dyeprecisioninc
twitter.com/dyeprecisioninc
chrisatdye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 02:30 PM #6
puckswontpassme

puckswontpassme supports our troops
puckswontpassme is an NCPA player
puckswontpassme plays in the APPA D5 division
Have you tried a different chrono or reg tester?
puckswontpassme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 03:17 PM #7
seaneady
Hit The Deadbox Fool

It appears to have been multiple issues . For starters the reg tester was off by about 20 psi . slightly under boring the paint made a big difference and I changed the solenoid and bolt can o-ring per Dye's tech support and am now seeing 310 +/- 4 over the chrono with the reg at 155psi. Its started raining so I had to stop there. I plan on going further this weekend to see how low I can get the reg and still stay in the 290's. Thanks to all who tried to help. I must admit , its been almost 3 years since i have delt with DYE's tech support and i was very pleased with my experience. What a great group of guys they have.

The only thing that dissapoints me is the fact that it doesn't look like i will be able to use the CF Boomstick that came with the marker as all the paint around here is much smaller than .688 . Even premium is running .682 and higher end paint even smaller. The NT is very touchy on paint/bore match. Much more so than my DM's.

Last edited by seaneady : 09-14-2010 at 03:23 PM.
Old 10-06-2010, 03:45 PM #8
rubenpr79
Principe

rubenpr79 plays in the PSP
rubenpr79 is Boss
rubenpr79 supports DLX Technology
rubenpr79 supports Ninja Paintball
I live in Orlando and I have a white n gold NT and it does the same. With regulator tester set at 150-no spacers-blue tip-dwell at 8, I'm getting 270fps. I called Dye and they told me to clean the solenoid, which i did and nothing, still the same. Then I called back and they told me to change some o-rings (16-17) which I did and nothing. So I called them back and now they told me to raise my pressure up to 165psi, now I'm getting close to 300fps but now my gun is louder than an Ego......
rubenpr79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 04:47 PM #9
NorCalMagic

NorCalMagic plays in the PSP
NorCalMagic supports Cereal Killerz 2
NorCalMagic plays in the APPA D3 division
same issue with my NT... could't figure it out.

sent it in last week, as of today, it's still with them.

i think my reg tester was off as well, but i turned up the reg untl the noid just started to leak, then turned it out just a bit to stop the leak, then upped the dwell by one, then by another one... couldn't get it up to 300 fps.

question, do they make smaller than .683 UL backs? that's the smallest i have and some balls still roll straight through.
NorCalMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 05:09 PM #10
seaneady
Hit The Deadbox Fool

Nothing smaller than a .684 in the ul. I ended up getting the deadlywind carbonfiber barrel that takes the freak inserts. Can shoot well over 300 now.
Old 10-13-2010, 02:12 AM #11
traven

traven owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
traven plays in the APPA D4 division
traven supports DLX Technology
I'm having the same problem I can't get mine up higher than 260..I guess I should ask for a new solenoid.
Old 11-03-2018, 11:22 PM #12
Mr. Charlie

Put the Spacer body in if anyone is having this problem.

I was experiencing something similar when I first got my NT11. I’m also using a SLP tank, and a drilled out blue flow tip in the bolt. Dwell 11ms, reg at 3 turns lol, 290 FPS +/-2

I think the problem is that some NT’s can’t shoot all the air in the chamber and that’s why the velocity won’t go above 270fps with the reg maxed out and the stock bolt tip flow inserts. That’s why BWing NTs work better, because he drills out or uses a larger flow insert in the bolt tip so all the air gets released down the barrel (also modifies the solenoid to slow the bolt down I’m pretty sure).

Adding just the Spacer body will make the shot chamber a little smaller, allowing the marker to shoot all the air consistently. However, adding just the Spacer body won’t affect smoothness or sound signature too much IMO, and since it helps some NTs shoot better, then I think the trade off is worth it.
Dye Whiteout M3s, Dye Black and Silver IM Pro DSR+, MacDev Aqua Camo Clone GTI, and Black Empire Resurrection Pump - Ninja SL2 77/4500 tanks with PowerHouse TKO Tank Regulators - Spyder Sonix with Empire Pure Energy 48/3000 - Jax Shredders - CRBN Paintball - Punisher’s PB

Last edited by Mr. Charlie : 11-04-2018 at 12:10 AM.
Mr. Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote