Community Focus

Old 06-03-2020, 09:56 PM #22
Mr. Stealthy

has been a member for 10 years
Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunker View Post
Haha i went for a Etha2 second hand at 300 bucks. Its is amazing feeling in the hand, did not shoot it yet though. I had to sell my Invert Mini, mini gs and axe 1.0 for this. I am soo ready to play with it.

I just want a cheap reliable workhorse nothing more.
It definitely fits the bill.
Mr. Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-04-2020, 01:56 AM #23
Mr. Charlie
Dye DSR, M2, M3

Mr. Charlie owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Yup.

They can keep up pretty good with tournament play too.

When I had mine I was playing NXL points mostly, learning how to dive, etc. Its nice to just play and not have to worry if you might scratch or break a $1500 Marker lol.
Old 06-05-2020, 10:28 PM #24
miguelcont96
MadMan Paintball

miguelcont96 owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
miguelcont96 has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
miguelcont96 plays in the APPA D4 division
miguelcont96 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
miguelcont96 owns a Planet Eclipse LVR
Wait... you worry about bangin' up an expensive gun?

At least that was my first thought... then I asked myself: Why DON'T I worry about bangin' up a 1500$ gun? lol

You WILL enjoy my YouTube Channel
miguelcont96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 04:27 AM #25
Mr. Charlie
Dye DSR, M2, M3

Lol

Yeah, when I was first learning how to Superman Dive I didn’t want to take the chance of breaking an expensive Marker that would be expensive and hard to fix or replace.

Now that I know how to Dive properly I use whatever Marker I want.

Still, even used Markers are expensive and I’m not sponsored so I’m usually pretty good about being careful and taking care of my equipment.

It’s definitely something to consider...
Old 06-30-2020, 10:06 PM #26
dwf0407

I just got back into paintball after a very long hiatus. I used to play when Angels and Autocockers were the big ones. I bought an Axe in 2010-11 time frame and played a few times then gave it to my little brother because I didnt want to drive an hour to a field on weekends and I was busy.

I am now balls deep back in paintball living in Las Vegas with multiple fields near by and a few buddies who are getting into it as well. I decided to buy an Etha 2 brand new from LVPP and it was the best gun I had ever shot until I bought the 170R lol. TBH the Etha 2 is fantastic, I literally havent had a single ball break in prob 10k shots. I actually found a BNIB 170R on this site for 635 shipped though so I went for it. It really isnt that much different but it is just nicer in every way. The Etha does everything just fine but the 170 is smoother, more comfortable, lighter, better looking... In reality it does not do anything significant over the Etha 2 though. Its incredible to me how nice everything is now, you can really compete with anyone without any real disadvantage with a $400 gun. Now I am using the 170 and am keeping the Etha 2 as a back up. I feel like its too nice of a gun to sell for 300-350 lol.

Now I want to try a DSR but I really dont know how it can be any better than the 170.
dwf0407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 11:46 PM #27
Mr. Charlie
Dye DSR, M2, M3

The DSR is definitely smoother and quieter than a 170r. It also has the advantage of being able to adjust the shot quality some where you can’t do that with the 170r (without voiding your warranty).

However it won’t be as comfortable ergonomically since the Foregrip is too close to the trigger guard for most people. Hopefully this is fixed soon with the DSR 2...

It’s really personal preference though, the DSR can definitely “hang with” the 170r and is better in some ways.