How is a PBN formed?

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
tweeter4 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
tweeter4 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor the great View Post
Top 5 team years IMO are 2005 Dynasty, 2006 Russian legion, 2011 Dynasty, 2012 Houston heat and 2016 Impact. Who you guys got?
What about XSV? They were totally dominant for a 2.5 year stretch to the point that no one other than the greatest roster of all time could beat them consistently (Dynasty 04-06)

The 2005 roster was incredible, as was the 2006 early roster.

2005:
Rich Telford
JR
Thomas Taylor
Rusty
Neil Eberle
Nicky Cuba
Davey Williamson
Mapp Chimm

plus the other Xball guys like
Carl Markowski
Micah McGlocklin
Shane Harrison
Nicky Vegas
Matty Marshall
Ron Phipps
Tyler Michaud

2006 before it fell apart:
-Rich Telford
-Nicky Cuba
-Neil Eberle
-Dave Baines
-Thomas Taylor
-Scott Kemp
-Bobby Aviles
-Roy Richards
-Carl Markowski
-Glenn Takemoto
-Greg Siewers
Old 04-10-2021, 01:16 PM #317
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeter4 View Post
Quote:
Top 5 team years IMO are 2005 Dynasty, 2006 Russian legion, 2011 Dynasty, 2012 Houston heat and 2016 Impact. Who you guys got?
What about XSV? They were totally dominant for a 2.5 year stretch to the point that no one other than the greatest roster of all time could beat them consistently (Dynasty 04-06)

The 2005 roster was incredible, as was the 2006 early roster.

2005:
Rich Telford
JR
Thomas Taylor
Rusty
Neil Eberle
Nicky Cuba
Davey Williamson
Mapp Chimm

plus the other Xball guys like
Carl Markowski
Micah McGlocklin
Shane Harrison
Nicky Vegas
Matty Marshall
Ron Phipps
Tyler Michaud

2006 before it fell apart:
-Rich Telford
-Nicky Cuba
-Neil Eberle
-Dave Baines
-Thomas Taylor
-Scott Kemp
-Bobby Aviles
-Roy Richards
-Carl Markowski
-Glenn Takemoto
-Greg Siewers
I was talking specific team years, ERA’s are completely different. Avalanche, aftershock, and impact have had Era’s. Both dynasty, heat, Ironmen and the Russians have had multiple dominant Era’s so far, especially dynasty.

Most impressive era’s imo are 2001-2005 dynasty, and 2014-2018 impact

Last edited by Trevor the great : 04-10-2021 at 02:06 PM.
Trevor the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 08:35 AM #318
Legacy
Tractor Engineer

Legacy is a founding member
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
I was talking specific team years, ERAís are completely different. Avalanche, aftershock, and impact have had Eraís. Both dynasty, heat, Ironmen and the Russians have had multiple dominant Eraís so far, especially dynasty.

Most impressive eraís imo are 2001-2005 dynasty, and 2014-2018 impact
If youíre talking eras the All-Aís during the original NXL were pretty unbeatable. Going back further the Iron Triangle in the 90ís of the original Ironmen, Aftershock and the All-Aís was pretty impressive too.
Old 04-11-2021, 11:59 AM #319
paintballer3

paintballer3 helped look for balloons
paintballer3 posts videos on PbNation
I think the best era ever was Ollie Lang’s Ironmen. Ollie left a team of all stars to take over a team of mediocre pros into a World Cup winning team. They then won again the next year. His experience brought out the best in pros like Brandon Short, Billy Wing, and Marcello Margot. They all talk about what it is like learning under Ollie in interviews.

The most interesting was XSV, but man they came in and went out in a blaze of glory.

Last edited by paintballer3 : 04-11-2021 at 12:43 PM.
paintballer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 01:12 PM #320
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?

Annual Supporting Member
 plays in the NXL
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballer3 View Post
I think the best era ever was Ollie Langís Ironmen. Ollie left a team of all stars to take over a team of mediocre pros into a World Cup winning team. They then won again the next year. His experience brought out the best in pros like Brandon Short, Billy Wing, and Marcello Margot. They all talk about what it is like learning under Ollie in interviews.

The most interesting was XSV, but man they came in and went out in a blaze of glory.
Highly disagree. Ollie's Ironmen werent that consistent/good. They won WC but the team was aging veterans with a high reliance on Short in the snake.

Even Youngblood said if he could go back he would have offered the Ollie contract to Greenspan instead.
tweeter4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 01:37 PM #321
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll

Quote:
I think the best era ever was Ollie Lang’s Ironmen. Ollie left a team of all stars to take over a team of mediocre pros into a World Cup winning team. They then won again the next year. His experience brought out the best in pros like Brandon Short, Billy Wing, and Marcello Margot. They all talk about what it is like learning under Ollie in interviews.

Dynasty, Russians and impact blew XSVs and ollies ironmen numbers out of the water though. XSV was great from 05/06. Once they entered the nxl, they won psp Chicago, and they won 2 nppl events that year. XSV was super inconsistent that year actually In the nxl. The 07-09 ironmen weren’t unbeatable, but they were consistently having good events and winning 2 or 3 nxl/nppl events a year. I do think that’s impressive considering the rebuild oliver and billy wing implemented on the team, by adding Nicky and Paxson. Pretty balsy bringing up 5 aftermath kids to be their new young core too.

Someone mentioned it on top too, Philly had a great xball squad in 03/04. Although I believe bob Longs team won both (commissioners or commanders cup? Cat remember the name) those years. They would always just blow it at World Cup.

Last edited by Trevor the great : 04-11-2021 at 02:03 PM.
Old 04-11-2021, 02:44 PM #322
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?

Annual Supporting Member
 plays in the NXL
Quote:
Dynasty, Russians and impact blew XSVs and ollies ironmen numbers out of the water though. XSV was great from 05/06. Once they entered the nxl, they won psp Chicago, and they won 2 nppl events that year. XSV was super inconsistent that year actually In the nxl. The 07-09 ironmen werenít unbeatable, but they were consistently having good events and winning 2 or 3 nxl/nppl events a year. I do think thatís impressive considering the rebuild oliver and billy wing implemented on the team, by adding Nicky and Paxson. Pretty balsy bringing up 5 aftermath kids to be their new young core too.

Someone mentioned it on top too, Philly had a great xball squad in 03/04. Although I believe bob Longs team won both (commissioners or commanders cup? Cat remember the name) those years. They would always just blow it at World Cup.

I don't think you can compare the eras though. Today's pro paintball is alot different than the mid-2000s. I can never quite give Impact a world of credit or accomplishment, because they were most successful during this current era where so few teams have budgets.

It is easy to win pro tournaments if you have a 250-300k budget when everyone else is paying their way or just barely breaking even as a team. You can just buy the best talent there is. Basically Heat are the only monetary competition to Impact in this era and even they aren't close.

In the mid-2000s it was a world of contract killers. 10-15 teams all had massive budgets and got into bidding wars on top killers. It was much harder to go out and win 3+ events a year from 2004-2008 because of this. You couldnt just take a big budget and build the best team, because 10 other teams would pay more. Upper level players were commanding actual working salaries.

The numbers back then were wild. XSV for instance was getting nearly 250k just in sponsorship dollars and value, plus all the money they won in Europe and in the US in 2005/6 season.

Dynasty basically was able win still in this era because they were the last real "tribe" paintball team where they stuck together with each other over choosing money. Much like a lot of the teams from the late 90s like AAs, Ironmen, Shock etc.

If you are talking best teams ever, I think they all should be coming out of the 04-08 era, or the 96-01 era
Old 04-12-2021, 08:57 AM #323
paintballer3

Quote:
Highly disagree. Ollie's Ironmen werent that consistent/good. They won WC but the team was aging veterans with a high reliance on Short in the snake.

Even Youngblood said if he could go back he would have offered the Ollie contract to Greenspan instead.
The irony of that is that Greenspan wouldnít not have taken it. It was talked about earlier in the thread by Ryan is the CEO of dynasty.
Old 04-12-2021, 11:02 AM #324
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?

Annual Supporting Member
 plays in the NXL
Quote:
The irony of that is that Greenspan wouldnít not have taken it. It was talked about earlier in the thread by Ryan is the CEO of dynasty.
There isnt a player on earth at that time that would have turned down a 5-year, $100,000 per year contract.
Old 04-12-2021, 12:06 PM #325
paintballer3

Quote:
There isnt a player on earth at that time that would have turned down a 5-year, $100,000 per year contract.
Getting paid by one team and owning a different team is a conflict of interest
Old 04-12-2021, 12:44 PM #326
Joshisanalligator
alligator catcher

plays in the NXL
Joshisanalligator owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Considering the things I'd do for 10% of that money.....no way anyone turns that down.
Joshisanalligator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 07:35 PM #327
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll

Quote:
Quote:

The irony of that is that Greenspan wouldn’t not have taken it. It was talked about earlier in the thread by Ryan is the CEO of dynasty.
I think he would have taken it back then in 05. Modern days though he did turn down contracts from damage, and I think either impact or heat, that were 40-50k. I don’t think he was an owner of dynasty when they first started out, compared to how him yosh and Alex are now. The funny thing is that Ryan was super underrated during that time period, it was always yosh, oliver and Opie getting the press attention

Rusty glaze just retired, I suspect yosh is going to start coaching. I think he either coached the golden state Kong’s, or the expendables a year or two ago.

Last edited by Trevor the great : 04-12-2021 at 07:38 PM.
Old 04-12-2021, 11:11 PM #328
#1P8ntballer
wha da heo

#1P8ntballer is a Supporting Member
#1P8ntballer is a founding member
#1P8ntballer owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
#1P8ntballer supports DLX Technology
I believe Yosh was a player on Expendables.
Bob Long Ripper Victory Marq
----NT11 ----CHEAP 600+
Zombie Nation NT
Custom 2k2 Timmy ACS Body Spimmy
ANS Gen-X Autococker Adrenaline Angel LED Black Magic Autococker 2001 Angel LCD Dark Angel LED ReTro valve Automag
#1P8ntballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 11:43 PM #329
paintballer3

Quote:
I think he would have taken it back then in 05. Modern days though he did turn down contracts from damage, and I think either impact or heat, that were 40-50k. I don’t think he was an owner of dynasty when they first started out, compared to how him yosh and Alex are now. The funny thing is that Ryan was super underrated during that time period, it was always yosh, oliver and Opie getting the press attention

Rusty glaze just retired, I suspect yosh is going to start coaching. I think he either coached the golden state Kong’s, or the expendables a year or two ago.
Dynasty is a LLC. It is hard to change ownership of an LLC so I would argue that Ryan started and owned Dynasty the whole time. If Dynasty was a corporation it would so much easier to change owners of it.

The business is named Dynasty Paintball Club LLC.

https://www.linkedin.com/company/dyn...tball-club-llc

I remember watching a pbstar game of Dynasty vs Legacy in 07 and thinking yeah Dynasty will be fine. Ryan is playing better then Oliver.

Last edited by paintballer3 : 04-12-2021 at 11:46 PM.
Old 04-13-2021, 05:41 AM #330
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?

Annual Supporting Member
 plays in the NXL
Quote:
Dynasty is a LLC. It is hard to change ownership of an LLC so I would argue that Ryan started and owned Dynasty the whole time. If Dynasty was a corporation it would so much easier to change owners of it.

The business is named Dynasty Paintball Club LLC.

https://www.linkedin.com/company/dyn...tball-club-llc

I remember watching a pbstar game of Dynasty vs Legacy in 07 and thinking yeah Dynasty will be fine. Ryan is playing better then Oliver.
What? Literally isnít hard at all. You gift or sell your ownership interest and your done, you donít even technically need legal contracts. LLC are fully governed internally. You can do whatever you want. You seem really hung up on the LLC thing lol.

Back then none of the players had ownership of the team yet, it was run by Chuck and then Eric and they just treated it like a normal team.
Old 04-13-2021, 06:25 AM #331
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?

Annual Supporting Member
 plays in the NXL
Trevor was right. The big Dynasty bombshell was that Rusty is retiring from coaching to focus on his family. Dynasty is now in the hunt for a new coach
Old 04-13-2021, 09:51 AM #332
paintballer3

Quote:
What? Literally isnít hard at all. You gift or sell your ownership interest and your done, you donít even technically need legal contracts. LLC are fully governed internally. You can do whatever you want. You seem really hung up on the LLC thing lol.

Back then none of the players had ownership of the team yet, it was run by Chuck and then Eric and they just treated it like a normal team.
Letís stop because we will never know. It isnít like Ryan is going to start posting here suddenly.

Quote:
Trevor was right. The big Dynasty bombshell was that Rusty is retiring from coaching to focus on his family. Dynasty is now in the hunt for a new coach
This is huge. Rusty is a unique coach and probably the only person that could successfully coach them. It is interesting to watch his interviews because the dude has no ego.
Old 04-13-2021, 10:08 AM #333
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll

Quote:
Quote:
What? Literally isn’t hard at all. You gift or sell your ownership interest and your done, you don’t even technically need legal contracts. LLC are fully governed internally. You can do whatever you want. You seem really hung up on the LLC thing lol.

Let’s stop because we will never know. It isn’t like Ryan is going to start posting here suddenly.

Quote:
This is huge. Rusty is a unique coach and probably the only person that could successfully coach them. It is interesting to watch his interviews because the dude has no ego.
I think every coach they’ve had saw success with the team. I don’t think they’ve had a coach that didn’t receive a series title win with them. My moneys on yosh stepping up. He coached the GS Kings in 2019, took 2nd overall in Europe.
Old 04-13-2021, 02:32 PM #334
paintballer3

Quote:
I think every coach they’ve had saw success with the team. I don’t think they’ve had a coach that didn’t receive a series title win with them. My moneys on yosh stepping up. He coached the GS Kings in 2019, took 2nd overall in Europe.
I would argue that Mike was a very bad match for them. I think Ollie comming back and more to do with winning for them.

Mike needs a team he can kinda push around and Dynasty you cant do that. I think that is where Rusty sets himself apart.

Yosh would be interesting. I would like to see it. Maybe that is why he coached in Europe.
Old 04-13-2021, 02:55 PM #335
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll

Quote:
Quote:
I would argue that Mike was a very bad match for them. I think Ollie comming back and more to do with winning for them.

Mike needs a team he can kinda push around and Dynasty you cant do that. I think that is where Rusty sets himself apart.

Yosh would be interesting. I would like to see it. Maybe that is why he coached in Europe.
The second they started losing under mike, the team almost imploded and disbanned.
Old 04-13-2021, 03:38 PM #336
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?

Annual Supporting Member
 plays in the NXL
Quote:
The second they started losing under mike, the team almost imploded and disbanned.
lol. Lets not go that far, the conversation on the end of Dynasty never happened. They have even said in the past it got to the point they all asked Mike to step down and leave.
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.