Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-07-2016, 12:09 AM #463
komodo_117

has been a member for 10 years
You know, as much as I love ****ing with the DM-2, sometimes you really just need the versatility and clean repeats of a digital delay.

The best however is stacking the DM-2 after a digital delay so the clean repeats get colored and trail off at a different rate.

Also looking into getting another cab and loading it with 2 V30's x 2 G12t-75's. Some dude is selling an empty Traynor 4x12 cab for $75 and I kind of want to do it, but I also don't want to spend any more money lol.
komodo_117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-07-2016, 12:31 AM #464
shakeyjonez
Pro Life Pro GOD Pro Guns

I'd never use a DM-2 except in the studio. I use a digitech delay live. People can't tell it's not analog. If you like V30s then check out the Celestion G12H Heritage speakers. They are the best Celestions hands down unless you need that vintage greenback or alnico blue thing.
Old 04-07-2016, 11:22 AM #465
Stagger Lee

Do you mean the people you're playing with/for can't tell? No one's ever criticized my sound as far as effects go (to my face at least), just my shaking and body language -.-
Stagger Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 02:48 PM #466
shakeyjonez

When everything is cranked up loud it's s hard to tell a good emulation from the real thing.
Old 04-07-2016, 07:35 PM #467
komodo_117

Agreed. Somethings I can tell though, and it just bother me personally, so I won't use certain effects if I think they sound cheap or ****ty.

But then sometimes cheap or ****ty is what I'm after.

Idk. Effects are weird like that.
Old 04-07-2016, 08:34 PM #468
[email protected] J0nEZ
The South Will Rise Again

If the gig pays enough, then I break out the good ****. But most gigs don't so.
Old 04-07-2016, 09:36 PM #469
orionz06
Turtle Wrangler

Annual Supporting Member
orionz06 is a Supporting Member
orionz06 is an NCPA player
orionz06 is Immortal
orionz06 supports DLX Technology
orionz06 supports Shocker RSX
There are a few gear geeks around here and while the guys with sound I don't like never sound bad enough for me to think it's gear related but the dudes with good sound really sound good. Ironically enough most of those guys are running small combos with some reverb and delay as needed, nothing else.
Penn State Paintball, Alumni #38
☆☆☆ The Departed© #38 ☆☆☆
Erie Fusion (original) #38

"Should you covet what you cannot afford. Maketh more money."
orionz06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 09:46 PM #470
shakeyjonez

They can't all be BB King.
Old 04-07-2016, 11:56 PM #471
komodo_117

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakeyjonez View Post
I'd never use a DM-2 except in the studio. I use a digitech delay live. People can't tell it's not analog. If you like V30s then check out the Celestion G12H Heritage speakers. They are the best Celestions hands down unless you need that vintage greenback or alnico blue thing.
What would you suggest as alternatives to G12t-75's? I'd like to pair 2 with 2 V30-ish speakers. I think they would balance things out and give me more bite in my lows which is what I really want, and I don't want to have to run a whole separate cabinet of a different speaker.
Old 04-08-2016, 12:02 AM #472
shakeyjonez

Quote:
Originally Posted by komodo_117 View Post
What would you suggest as alternatives to G12t-75's? I'd like to pair 2 with 2 V30-ish speakers. I think they would balance things out and give me more bite in my lows which is what I really want, and I don't want to have to run a whole separate cabinet of a different speaker.
Depends on the amp. I used GT75s with a 200watt Marshall Valvestate I had and they sounded perfect. With my JCM800 they didn't break up enough and raped the midrange. For a Legacy I'd go with four Vintage 30s or four Veteran 30s from Warehouse Guitar Speakers. Those WGS sound fantastic. They don't have the harsh mid spike the V30s are known for.
Old 04-08-2016, 02:01 AM #473
komodo_117

I run 4 V30's right now and I feel like there isn't enough crispness in the lower frequencies. I think mixing two GT75's in there could make things sound good.
Old 04-16-2016, 02:53 AM #474
scvrush03
blue collar blood

hello old friends
Old 09-06-2020, 06:16 PM #475
KRKLND

No one has any new gear?
KRKLND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 06:30 PM #476
orionz06
Turtle Wrangler

Annual Supporting Member
orionz06 is a Supporting Member
orionz06 is an NCPA player
orionz06 is Immortal
orionz06 supports Shocker RSX
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRKLND View Post
No one has any new gear?
Since the last post....?

Mesa Mark V:25, 1x12 custom Recto (standard) cab in green, Mesa TC-50, Mesa compact 2x12 (horizontal), Byron HiHorse 10OD and Fane Crescendo clone cab, a few 1981 DRV's, PRS 509, PRS Custom 24 Artist, 1980 Gibson Les Paul Custom Silverburst, Dark Glass Alpha Omega 900, Mesa Subway 2x10, Ernie Ball Stingray Special HH, Ernie Ball Stingray Special H in hot pink, a pair of Adam Jones Singature Les Pauls on the way, and a pile of pedals beyond that.
Penn State Paintball, Alumni #38
☆☆☆ The Departed© #38 ☆☆☆
Erie Fusion (original) #38

"Should you covet what you cannot afford. Maketh more money."
orionz06 is offline   Reply With Quote