Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-30-2009, 03:40 PM #1
Endyium

Question EOS Advatanges

This is not meant to be a stupid VS thread. I simply want to know if what the EOS has that makes it more expensive (and probably better) than the Ion XE. Like more duribility, accuracy, ect..

Thanks
Endyium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-30-2009, 05:37 PM #2
smartpartsfan94

The Eos is pure awesomeness
smartpartsfan94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 03:37 PM #3
Brute06

has been a member for 10 years
^Hmmm, very educational.

Honestly, it just depends on what you want out of your marker. The Eos has the metal body kit, so it looks a little cooler to most people. The easy on/off button is really nice. It comes stock with a Freak barrel, but the insert is so huge that it's not really much of a selling point, other than the fact that you won't have to buy another barrel, you just have to buy a couple inserts. Ummm.... the trigger is really nice and responsive. I really like it. Of course the EOS has the BOB, but so does the XE. I think the parts are a little better quality though. It also comes stock with a firebolt. The inserts are nearly worthless... ummm, the on/off is halfway decent, but you'll probably end up replacing it eventually, so it's not a very big selling point. IMO the best part and really the only things that truly make it awesome are the trigger frame and the newer thinner reg. The reg flows really well with the frame and is nice and small and comfortable. The frame is really great. It has an integrated dovetail, the curves are nice and smooth so it feels nice to hold. The trigger guard has tons of room so you can easily walk the trigger. Honestly, the only reason I bought my EOS was for the reg and grip frame. The rest is pretty much replaceable

Basically it's an Ion XE with a few slightly better internals. Try to find a used one. I wouldn't spend $400 for an Eos. For that amount there are far better guns. You could easily buy a Marq 6 for that much. If you find one in the low to mid 200s, then it's worth taking a look at. I bought mine for like $210 or something like that.
Brute06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 04:04 PM #4
dlersch

Agreed, I wouldn't spend $400 either. Hell, you can get an 08 shocker for $500.

Got my EOS barely used for $250 and I love it!
dlersch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 06:49 PM #5
nate4444

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brute06 View Post
Basically it's an Ion XE with a few slightly better internals. .
I think he is a bit off on this. Its got a lot more than just a few slightly better internals. Pretty much everything on it is an upgraded version of the XE.
  • The firebolt is an above average bolt, way better than the stock XE bolt. A $40 upgrade
  • It has a clamping feedneck which the XE doesn't have. A $35 upgrade
  • A freak jr barrel with insert. The XE doesn't have this. $60 upgrade
  • The regulater is a good one. YOu can adjust it with just an allen wrench instead of a regular wrench that is small and easily lost. Its so much better. Trust me. A $60 upgrade
  • An on/off ASA. Smart Parts ASA isn't the greatest, but its not bad. The XE doesn't have an on/off. A $30 upgrade.
  • The Trigger is great. It uses a Conical Mounted Bearing. The XE just uses a pin to pivot on. A $30 upgrade.

The only thing that really needs to be upgraded to be a pretty good tournament gun is the board. It doesn't have all the different modes like psp ramping and stuff. It uses the normal Smart Parts board that isn't so great.

You can see why the EOS cost more than the XE. Its already upgraded. Its got about $255 worth of already upgraded stuff.

Last edited by nate4444 : 03-31-2009 at 06:56 PM.
nate4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 07:50 PM #6
Endyium

So should I go on Ebay and buy a barely used one? ~~If I do buy it~~
Endyium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 10:45 PM #7
nate4444

If you can find it cheaper, then go for it. Its better than buying a XE and having to upgrade everything. You'll be happier with the EOS.
Old 03-31-2009, 10:57 PM #8
Brute06

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate4444 View Post
I think he is a bit off on this. Its got a lot more than just a few slightly better internals. Pretty much everything on it is an upgraded version of the XE.
  • The firebolt is an above average bolt, way better than the stock XE bolt. A $40 upgrade
  • It has a clamping feedneck which the XE doesn't have. A $35 upgrade
  • A freak jr barrel with insert. The XE doesn't have this. $60 upgrade
  • The regulater is a good one. YOu can adjust it with just an allen wrench instead of a regular wrench that is small and easily lost. Its so much better. Trust me. A $60 upgrade
  • An on/off ASA. Smart Parts ASA isn't the greatest, but its not bad. The XE doesn't have an on/off. A $30 upgrade.
  • The Trigger is great. It uses a Conical Mounted Bearing. The XE just uses a pin to pivot on. A $30 upgrade.

The only thing that really needs to be upgraded to be a pretty good tournament gun is the board. It doesn't have all the different modes like psp ramping and stuff. It uses the normal Smart Parts board that isn't so great.

You can see why the EOS cost more than the XE. Its already upgraded. Its got about $255 worth of already upgraded stuff.
Where was I so far off? I stated everything you did. All in all, the upgrades still don't make it anything more than an upped ion.

blargg, I love it when people skim posts.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:31 AM #9
nate4444

I probably shouldn't of wrote that. I was just commenting on you saying it was basically it's an Ion XE with a few slightly better internals. I did read your whole post. I just wanted to list all the stuff and the price and show him why it cost 200 bucks more.
Old 04-01-2009, 11:13 AM #10
Brute06

Ah, then all is forgiven. LOL
Old 07-05-2009, 04:36 PM #11
afs333

http://www.myyshop.com
HOT SELL:Ed hardy/lacoste/polo/ca/A&F Tshirt :$12
coach/gucci/lv/ed hardy/D&G/Fendi handbag :$35
nike jordan(1-24)/jordan ring/nike shox/air max/af1/Dunk :$32
lv/ed hardy/gucci/coach/lacoste/timbland :$35
gucci/ed hardy/coogi/evisu/prada jeans:$30
New era/gucci/ed hardy cap:$13
Okely/gucci/D&G/fendi/coach/armani sunglass:$15
ED HARDY (items) $13
nike shoes:$32,jeans:$30,ed hardy,tshirts:$12,NLF:$20,coach handbags:$35,ugg boots:$50

http://www.myyshop.com
afs333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 11:14 PM #12
Trilogy252

Trilogy252 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Trilogy252 supports Pev's Paintball
Trilogy252 plays in the APPA beginner division
I know this wasn't my post but I was in this debaye and I'm getting an EOS now

Christ comes first! Then paintball!
Trilogy252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 11:48 PM #13
cyanide54

Zero Plastic
cyanide54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 11:50 PM #14
cyanide54

btw endyium I will sell you my red and black eos if you want, I havent used it like in speedball or anything, i'd say 3 cases through it? a few small nicks, but hey, its a metal gun. pm me in a bit.
cyanide54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 06:29 PM #15
Brute06

And he hasn't been in this thread for months and months.
Old 09-10-2009, 06:08 PM #16
AJolliff
R doz my balls on ur fac?

AJolliff has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
About $150 on ebay \/

http://cgi.ebay.com/Smart-Parts-Eos-...p3286.c 0.m14
AJolliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 12:56 AM #17
ChrisGotSteeZ

ChrisGotSteeZ plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL 2
its just all around better. when your dealing at high rates of fire. the eos can handle it. where the ion can only do so much. in other words. the eos is just more tournament based. imo it performs somewhat like a shocker. just not quite as air efficient.
ChrisGotSteeZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 09:28 AM #18
Brute06

Unfortunately this thread, as well as this entire section, is completely dead. No one seems to come into the EOS section any more really.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:17 PM #19
munchkinman3

wow damn i was stupid buying my eos for 400?!?
munchkinman3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 09:40 PM #20
kalebach

advantages
-clamping feedneck
-on/off asa, although, the asa is pretty ****ty if u have a lower end tank such as a pure energy, its pretty easy to crossthread
-better trigger
-better barrel
-all metal body

The eos and ion are basically the same things, besides the lower end parts on th ion (feedneck, asa, trigger, body i guess) they are very similar, they even have the exacyt same board.

I do have both guns so i have referance so as far a preformance goes, they are pretty close. they feel exactly the same when u shoot them. a stock ion does have a bit less acuracy as an eos but i put a tech t l6 bolt on my ion ans use a dye-ultralight on it (that is my main barrel for my eos and my ion is backup) and the acuracy is just as good, if not better on the ion.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:54 AM #21
sparx52

sparx52 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
i got a eos for sale $150 shipped if ne1 is interested.