PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 06-15-2021, 02:08 AM #1
Feenishh

Legacy experience

Figured I’d give my two cents on legacy adventure park in Lockport Illinois. Went into this place hoping to get an experience like cpx now that it’s gone. Unfortunately it’s not what I got but it wasn’t to bad

To start off we can begin with the location. Being in downtown Lockport the location was actually very convenient and easy to find. Downtown Lockport is beautiful and was a great place to be in after a long day of paintball to get some food and drinks

The field starts off in a decent way with some benches in a beautiful park although there could be some more shade provided. Entry wasn’t anything out of the ordinary at $20 but it’s a field paint only park and at $90 a case I was disappointed. The paint provided is empire marbalizer which I have bad experiences with for the price. I love the way the paint breaks and the fill but I’ve always notice the shape and size of the ball is very inconsistent for a tournament grade paint. The inconsistency means more paint breaks in every gun.

The fields were great but at the same time for the amount of players we had, could have either been bigger or just split the open play. Being shuttled to the fields is great and super convenient. Having a safe zone out in the area of play is also amazing.

The other players on the field were actually a fun group of people to play with and that’s usually the experience I have with paintball. I noticed that there was only a couple rentals and most of open play was experienced players. More than average cheating and wiping happening but that’s what happens in woodsball open play.

Refs and management were great and made the experience better. Pricing for drinks and food were very reasonable.

Overall the experience was a 7/10. I would go back but maybe only a couple times in a whole year. The paint being so expensive for the quality just made it not as worth it for me. I would rather play at other local fields like badlandz, explosion, or blast camp. I definitely recommend trying the place out but go with the expectation of spending a decent amount especially if you carry and shoot a lot of paint.
Feenishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-12-2021, 05:10 PM #2
Nicky_T

I really like Legacy. I've been playing there pretty regularly this summer. I'm not a huge fan of marbalizer either but I'm willing to shoot it for the variety of fields, quality of staff, sportsmanship of the regulars and how smoothly the park is run overall. If I could change anything it would be finding a way to not give the safety briefing before each game but maybe that's an insurance requirement.
Nicky_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 08:04 PM #3
Monkey Sees
Hi there!

Monkey Sees owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Monkey Sees owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
I'm looking forward to visiting there. Just got my son into the sport.

As far as the safety briefing before each game, I am ALL for that. Some groups show up later than others in other fields, and need to know the do's and don'ts.

See you in cooler temps!
Old 07-20-2021, 02:38 PM #4
Nicky_T

I agree that people who show up late need the safety briefing too, I just wish you could get the briefing upon entrance and then not have to do it again before each game. That's just me nitpicking though. It's a beautiful field that's extremely well run. Hope to see you there in the fall.
Nicky_T is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups