Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-09-2021, 04:23 PM #64
cbrstar

I'm 40 and I've just kinda caught the bug again and want to go out and play this year. I used to play back in the late 90's to about 2004ish.

For myself it was about the camaraderie and friendships. I eventually worked my way up to speed ball /hyper ball and I enjoyed that way more. The players were more honest and sportsman like. People were not using markers set too hot etc so you got shot more but hurt less. But being in your early 20's in my town and guys start getting married which gives them new priorities. Next thing I know they are not showing up and if you didn't have a full team you were stuck playing with walk-on's and sometimes they would be a good bunch, and sometimes they were just jerks. But I mostly missed the team play.

I think a big problem is a lot of youth these days are simply broke. When I was a kid my paper route bought me my BMX, then as a teenager my gas attendant job paid for my paintball gear. These types of jobs that gave youth extra spending cash are gone now.

Coming back into the sport it's surprising to see the return of mechanical and pumps. I think that is a good step to keep the cost down for beginners.

One thing that used to stop players returning was markers breaking down. I'm kinda surprised at the lack of video's on youtube on the subject. I never understood why paintball fields / businesses never had a "maker clinic" where once in while players could get their markers tuned up cheap and be taught how to do it themselves. Kids get discouraged when repairing something is too expensive and beyond their means.
cbrstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-13-2021, 12:44 AM #65
sotospeak

sotospeak owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAXplosion7 View Post
uncapped rate of fire and 7 man formats.
finally a real player
sotospeak is offline   Reply With Quote