PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-03-2020, 07:57 AM #1
bigblue02_02jw

bigblue02_02jw is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Smoother than glass barrel kit???

Does anyone have or remember the barrel kit that had that slogan? I believe it was like a Freak kit but had a lot thicker inserts or they may have just been backs although I am pretty sure it was inserts.

Angelfire maybe? Couldn't find anything online about them.

ODYSSEY LEGION #2

Give free food to animals here.

Old stye Pbnation feedback
bigblue02_02jw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-03-2020, 10:40 PM #2
Paul77
Can't find my old account

Annual Supporting Member
Paul77 supports DLX Technology
i know the evil pipe kit had some crazy honing done on it and promoted it. just cant remeber what it was though.

All my weird random paintball parts for sale on eBay feel free to PM me offers on here.

NIB Black Grill Visor Kit, pm me
Paul77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 05:57 AM #3
Jim

Jim is a founding member
Yep, it was the "Poison Arrow" barrel system. Their website was literally www.smootherthanglass.com lol. It's been a good 20 years but if I recall correctly they did some kind of hard type 3 anno on the barrels which were supposedly well honed and durable. They were really ugly barrels....something that looked like it came off a Piranha or some low end Sports Authority gun.
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 07:52 AM #4
dreadmuppet
Reeks of class

Annual Supporting Member
 is playing at Living Legends XI
dreadmuppet owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
dreadmuppet owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
dreadmuppet owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek MG100
dreadmuppet is Legendary
dreadmuppet supports Ninja Paintball
"We started developing this product 2 years before the freak. I refused to run to the market place until I thought it was perfect. We then found the best people and materials to build them from. We use the same grade of aluminum that Smith and Wesson builds their handguns from. We also hard coat anodize not soft coat so the product will last a lifetime. We spent lots of time and money on research and development. As proof all our sets come with lifetime warranties. I personal inspect each and every set prior to them being packaged.
Thanks ‘
John Goepfert
Owner"

http://www.paintballtimes.com/poison...system-review/

Instagram * NHW Paintball * Facebook

"Originally posted by Joshisanalligator: buddy, we're on the internet. just be thankful there's a central topic to this argument"

eBay FEEDBACK
dreadmuppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 01:26 AM #5
bigblue02_02jw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Yep, it was the "Poison Arrow" barrel system. Their website was literally www.smootherthanglass.com lol. It's been a good 20 years but if I recall correctly they did some kind of hard type 3 anno on the barrels which were supposedly well honed and durable. They were really ugly barrels....something that looked like it came off a Piranha or some low end Sports Authority gun.
YES!!! Thank you. It was driving me crazy trying to find the brand. I desperately wanted a kit when I was playing from around 2003-2007 or something like that.

I miss paintball dearly but have had multiple major health issues that forced me to stop playing...

ODYSSEY LEGION #2

Old 09-05-2020, 01:27 AM #6
bigblue02_02jw

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadmuppet View Post
"We started developing this product 2 years before the freak. I refused to run to the market place until I thought it was perfect. We then found the best people and materials to build them from. We use the same grade of aluminum that Smith and Wesson builds their handguns from. We also hard coat anodize not soft coat so the product will last a lifetime. We spent lots of time and money on research and development. As proof all our sets come with lifetime warranties. I personal inspect each and every set prior to them being packaged.
Thanks
John Goepfert
Owner"

http://www.paintballtimes.com/poison...system-review/
Thank you also!!!

ODYSSEY LEGION #2

Old 09-22-2020, 11:19 AM #7
Pump Scout
New gun,old gun,whatever

Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is a Mega Moderator
Pump Scout is a Supporting Member
Pump Scout is BST Legit
Pump Scout owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek MG100
Pump Scout is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
John Goepfert is a friend, very interesting guy. He's done a lot of neat things in and out of paintball. The Poison Arrow barrels are/were amazing, but had a few quirks. One was that you had to put the barrel tip behind a Big Red Chrony when velocity checking. If you rested the middle part of the barrel on the barrel rest, you'd get a reading of about 50fps lower than actual. No idea why, but it was consistent.
Pump Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 11:37 PM #8
bigblue02_02jw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pump Scout View Post
John Goepfert is a friend, very interesting guy. He's done a lot of neat things in and out of paintball. The Poison Arrow barrels are/were amazing, but had a few quirks. One was that you had to put the barrel tip behind a Big Red Chrony when velocity checking. If you rested the middle part of the barrel on the barrel rest, you'd get a reading of about 50fps lower than actual. No idea why, but it was consistent.
Thanks for the input! This kit was my dream barrel but I couldn't ever pull the trigger on it as I had a pretty tight paintball budget and mostly lucked into deals for nearly everything I owned.

It always seemed like the best barrel on the market and I still wish to this day that I bought one.

ODYSSEY LEGION #2