PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-04-2020, 11:30 PM #2269
Blackrain7557
Most negative person ever

has been a member for 10 years
Blackrain7557 owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
Noa, no we have a field "open" though the current regulations don't technically allow for it. We were all on the Vegas layout, which is getting pretty old at this point. Though the new NXL stuff is interesting and I'm hoping to see the changes received positively, though Chicago being canceled hurt.

Unfortunately due to this pandemic we had Bunkerfest in Texas cancelled, though our Longhorn Classic, think ICC, is still on so we're hoping that it continues so that we can bring back classic Texas Paintball. And hopefully get some more competition down here for events.

Last edited by Blackrain7557 : 05-04-2020 at 11:32 PM.
Blackrain7557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-05-2020, 11:14 AM #2270
k1rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMan99 View Post
This thread is pretty old but I thought I'd post here anyway. I'm really torn on the Force> I have a Luxe 2.0 OLED and I love it to death. I love the shot trajectory (it's very flat where the Dye guns have a big arc in my experience). I've never shot or held a force but to me its all about how the ball flies, if its flat shooting similar to the Luxe I'd get it to try it out but if there's more of an arc to it I'd really like to stay away. Can anyone point me in a direction here for me?
The shot trajectory thing is a myth friend, it's all in you head
k1rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 12:22 PM #2271
inertstatic

inertstatic owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1rage View Post
The shot trajectory thing is a myth friend, it's all in you head
But perceived shot trajectory is a thing. Loader weight, tank size, and your size in comparison to the gun are all real things... makes different guns feel different lol.

Old PBN Feedback:
34/0/0
inertstatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 01:33 PM #2272
imped4now
BTFU

imped4now owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
imped4now supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by inertstatic View Post
But perceived shot trajectory is a thing. Loader weight, tank size, and your size in comparison to the gun are all real things... makes different guns feel different lol.
It's 2020 and the difference between actual and perceived "flight path" differences still need to be explained because people still believe that different markers produce different trajectories and the Earth is flat, apparently.
imped4now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 01:41 PM #2273
ironyusa
John - conscious paradox

ironyusa works for a Paintball manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noa Bo View Post
John, would that change make the gamma pump closed bolt?
As far as I'm aware, all pumps are closed bolt as it's inherent to their design. The autococker was closed bolt because it was an auto-cocking pump.
Old 05-05-2020, 06:24 PM #2274
Big Papa Pink
High-end Aficionado

Annual Supporting Member
Big Papa Pink is BST Legit
Big Papa Pink owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Big Papa Pink owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
Big Papa Pink owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek MG100
Big Papa Pink supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by imped4now View Post
It's 2020 and the difference between actual and perceived "flight path" differences still need to be explained because people still believe that different markers produce different trajectories and the Earth is flat, apparently.
It is hard for people to understand that the perceived differences in flight paths between stacked tubes and single tube markers are just optical illusions ...

I mean if you look at any picture of the earth from space it looks flat to me ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironyusa View Post
As far as I'm aware, all pumps are closed bolt as it's inherent to their design. The autococker was closed bolt because it was an auto-cocking pump.
Couldn’t the pump handle just reset the bolt in the gamma core? I know that technically would not be a true pump design like the Phantom Revolution.

Current Dark Side Markers:
Active: Several Markers
Active Reserve: Many, Many More
Retired from Active Service: A Few limited edition yet fully functional markers

Last edited by Big Papa Pink : 05-07-2020 at 07:48 AM.
Big Papa Pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 01:21 AM #2275
ChaseJax

ChaseJax is attending Decay of Nations VII
ChaseJax supports Empire
Recently I played for the first time in a little over a year and a half. I got to the field and used my empire axe (first version).
Played all day and never had a problem with it. (Just the batteries on my loader twice &#x1f621
Had blast and forgot how much fun I have playing And it got me thinking about playing more and potentially upgrading my gear. Did a little research myself on what new gun I could buy and what was currently some of the top markers. I researched a few, the CS2, Geo 4, 3.5, luxe and then it hit me... my marker performed flawless, did absolutely everything I wanted it to do. Why get a new one? I hadn’t even changed a single oring in over a year and a half since I last had played and it STILL shot great. Not saying it’s the best marker out there or the best for you Im sure it isnt. So maybe one day if mine does break I will revisit this thread and others like it to see what the best current marker is. Until then I decided I’ll continue rocking the Axe with a halo Too loader shooting the same paint, at the same speed as everyone else 😃
ChaseJax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 04:04 AM #2276
Noa Bo
Back Center = Bad Back

Annual Supporting Member
Noa Bo plays in the APPA D3 division
Freeflow

ChaseJax, youíve eliminated a mini quest ( or trap to some ), congratulations on not taking this path of temptation. I keep saying Iím near the end of my quest to find the right one, but I keep pulling myself back into it. Iím at the point now that itís become a mini hobby of itís own to collect and play with these toys. Playing and having fun is the majority of our sport, but to continue the ride we get into the guns...

Freeflow
In my usual impulsive fashion my attention is now turned towards Freeflow Autocockers, namely the Clutch. Iím having an internal conversation within myself of why I need one in my life. Currently coordinating with a spot holder to buy his place. If that falls through then I may be SOL. But yeah, feeling really nostalgic the last day or two looking at some old paintball magazines, watching some Traumahead vids and reminiscing the good old days, mainly holding **** down with the Autococker. I miss it and want play with a really really nice version. Seems downright appropriate.
-DBS Outdoor Paintball Park [ Ninjaball ]

2020 Setup:
-Prime XTS, Powerhouse Haymkr Reg, HK 80/4500 Tank, Spire 3 Loader, and Dye UL-s barrel. [ speedball ]
-Gtek M170R, Powerhouse Haymkr Reg, HK 80/4500 Tank, Dye R2 Loader, and Dye UL-s barrel. [ woodsball ]
Noa Bo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 07:47 AM #2277
Intern1

Intern1 owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
Intern1 is Legendary
Intern1 supports Ninja Paintball
Yeah, I'm also a little bummed I didn't get a clutch when I had the opportunity.

Intern1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 08:03 AM #2278
Noa Bo
Back Center = Bad Back

Annual Supporting Member
If they offer a mini version of the Clutch then it’s a second chance for us both.

2020 Setup:
-Prime XTS, Powerhouse Haymkr Reg, HK 80/4500 Tank, Spire 3 Loader, and Dye UL-s barrel. [ speedball ]
-Gtek M170R, Powerhouse Haymkr Reg, HK 80/4500 Tank, Dye R2 Loader, and Dye UL-s barrel. [ woodsball ]
Old 05-10-2020, 04:01 AM #2279
Noa Bo
Back Center = Bad Back

Annual Supporting Member
Small Update

Got a chance to play speedball, mainly drills, with some pros on Saturday. On the Prime XTS I used the .685 Titanium UL back from Vintage with the UL-S tip. Paint used was APX Basic, with some balls sliding effortlessly through the 685 and some needing the blow dart method to extract. Basic flew very straight for the most part but it would bounce off players, otherwise the paint was good.

The second setup used was a CS2Pro using the Infamous Silencio barrel tip. No breaks to report on either setup, which was nice and to be expected. The most obvious thing I changed on both guns was eye delay, PE calls it something else. I did notice maybe a slight sluggish feeling when it came to ramping? Could be in my head but it just didnít feel the same. Lanes off break felt like less balls were flying out. Think Iíll have to do one more round of tuning the settings and Iíll have it right.

XTS vs Pro
XTS was the winner in my book but not by a lot. It just felt like it had the better shot, groupings seemed tighter, it felt more accurate, a little more consistent. I had some great moments with each gun but I ended up wanting to play with the XTS more, it just felt more natural and just worked better for me in general. There were actual times on the field in certain situations where I was using the Pro and wishing I had the XTS in my hands instead, I just felt like I could nail the shots I needed to more reliably.

Lots of good work put in by both but the XTS just pulls slightly ahead of the Pro in my books.

Today Iím hoping to get to the field one more time before we celebrate Motherís Day. Itís gonna be a much shorter session. Think Iíll just try using the XTS the whole day.

2020 Setup:
Old 05-12-2020, 07:20 AM #2280
Noa Bo
Back Center = Bad Back

Annual Supporting Member
Playing with an Airsoft team

Quick update as I did get a chance to play a few hours on Sunday. Brought both my Primes ( 1 and XTS ) and the CS2pro. A lot of people had issues with paint that day and with the adjustments to my Primes made that morning they too had their share of issues. Eye delay was lowered and so was Dwell. I ended up using the Pro the whole day and it broke only one ball.

Airsoft Team
I hopped on with some new players who all came from an Airsoft background. That was fun and interesting, to see how they would play, what ported over well, and if they liked the sport of paintball. They were hanging tough, had good fight in them, and I could see them actively trying to draw on their previous experience. If they stick with it Iíll predict they make some pretty big leaps in how fast they start becoming competitive. Kudos nonetheless for an Airsoft group making the crossover.

The owner of the team the Airsoft guys joined, Geo of the Phantoms, asked me to help teach them on a regular basis. I think I will. Itís good all around, for our sport right now especially. So looks like Iíll be busy with that for a while. Not sure what the plans are for my regular team are, they all seem to be compliant with the stay at home order ( shrugs ).

Mech League
I have an idea brewing. An all mech league with actual events. I am thinking of capping it at five teams. Four teams play an NXL style match, split deck maybe. The fifth team officiates the event, and teams rotate so that all teams get a chance to ref. It would be 5 events so all teams get to play four events. Best score at the end of the season is the winner. Only way I can figure doing the league without having to pay refs.

2020 Setup:
Old 05-13-2020, 06:30 AM #2281
J.J.Strom
Slug Life #23

Only 1 left guys, no shoving :-)
J.J.Strom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 08:04 AM #2282
viking002
Da Sigma

plays in the NXL
viking002 posts videos on PbNation
viking002 is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.J.Strom View Post
Only 1 left guys, no shoving :-)
Were others sold at that price?
Old 05-13-2020, 09:11 AM #2283
imped4now
BTFU

imped4now owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
imped4now supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by viking002 View Post
Were others sold at that price?
Not an ice cube's chance in hell.
imped4now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 09:43 AM #2284
Intern1

Intern1 owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
Intern1 is Legendary
Intern1 supports Ninja Paintball
They aren't looking to move those guns. It's part of their collection and they just post them to show off. Why they out a piece instead of NFS i don't know.

Intern1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 10:44 AM #2285
ApexEight

That's wild lol. In other news, I sold my 170R and got an M3+ on the way. 😬 It's a Battleship colorway and I couldn't resist... Haven't played in forever, but still really excited to get it.

If anyone has a standard, non + solenoid they're trying to get rid of, I'm interested!
ApexEight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 11:01 AM #2286
Noa Bo
Back Center = Bad Back

Annual Supporting Member
Ah, NFS makes sense. I was wondering if that was some weird on purpose typo. Now I know.

Apex! You sunnuvabtch ( in my best Ahnold impression ). Funny, I’m actually going through my M3+ and about to install the s solenoid. Keep us updated... stoked for you btw.

2020 Setup:
Old 05-13-2020, 02:37 PM #2287
Mr. Charlie
Dye DSR, M2, M3

Mr. Charlie owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Mr. Charlie owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
I’d say just leave the BWing21 M3+ Solenoid Housing in and turn up your Dwell to compensate for the reduction in airflow...

Unless you need to shoot at a higher BPS for some reason?
Old 05-13-2020, 04:10 PM #2288
J.J.Strom
Slug Life #23

Quote:
Ah, NFS makes sense. I was wondering if that was some weird on purpose typo. Now I know.

Apex! You sunnuvabtch ( in my best Ahnold impression ). Funny, I’m actually going through my M3+ and about to install the s solenoid. Keep us updated... stoked for you btw.
Thought this as well.
J.J.Strom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 04:37 PM #2289
ApexEight

Quote:

Noa, my man! I'm super excited, can't wait to get it. Let me know what you think of the S housing, I've got one on the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Charlie View Post
I’d say just leave the BWing21 M3+ Solenoid Housing in and turn up your Dwell to compensate for the reduction in airflow...

Unless you need to shoot at a higher BPS for some reason?
No need, just shooting 10.2. I'm mostly after a snappier shot quality. Based on my understanding of the + mani, it just slows down the bolt for a smoother shot and slightly better paint handling whereas the + bolt is responsible for most of the improved paint handling? Down to try upping dwell though. What setting so you recommend?

Just got an S manifold for $15 shipped so I can tinker around between the two. 👍
ApexEight is offline   Reply With Quote