PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-23-2017, 01:49 AM #1
blacksheep115

has been a member for 10 years
trying to find impulse vision lower board

Hey guys, not been around in a decade but played recently and got the itch to get back in. I got an impulse vision(2003 i think) and the lower board crapped out. I got a cricket board off ebay and guns runs fine but it doesn't have the plug for the eye. I can't find any lower boards for sale that support the eye. Any help appreciated.

With the new hoppers and stuff is the eye really even relevant? Back when i played was using the Halo's on my angel and it made no difference since it was force fed...

New stuff is all fancy but not willing to drop the cash unless i get back into tourny play actively.
blacksheep115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-27-2017, 09:57 AM #2
impballr

plays in the NXL
impballr owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
impballr owns a Planet Eclipse LVR
The vision boards pop up from time to time on ebay. Generally they are about 20-25 for a standard vision main board.

What is the issue exactly with your board which died?

I would stay away from force fed hoppers and impulses. Eyes prevent chopping the ball before it is in the chamber. Force fed hoppers may prevent chopping to some degree, but you risk forcing more than one ball in to the breech/barrel and you'll be shotgunning paint.

I've used the halo/impulse combo, and even with vision you'll get barrel breaks/double feeds.

I always say "why not" when it comes to vision. The boards are out there, so why not. Gives you peace of mind.

"Originally posted by sucka T.
VIVA LA impballr!!!1one1!!!!111won11eleventyone11!!!!11!!1 !!!!11 "

My Feedback https://www.pbnation.com/showthread....03#post5812903
impballr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 12:04 AM #3
blacksheep115

Quote:
Originally Posted by impballr View Post
The vision boards pop up from time to time on ebay. Generally they are about 20-25 for a standard vision main board.

What is the issue exactly with your board which died?

I would stay away from force fed hoppers and impulses. Eyes prevent chopping the ball before it is in the chamber. Force fed hoppers may prevent chopping to some degree, but you risk forcing more than one ball in to the breech/barrel and you'll be shotgunning paint.

I've used the halo/impulse combo, and even with vision you'll get barrel breaks/double feeds.

I always say "why not" when it comes to vision. The boards are out there, so why not. Gives you peace of mind.
I'll keep an eye out on the boards, but until then was wanting to start playing a little but didn't wanna get out there and it chop the crap outta the paint. Would a spire loader be sufficient for it? Those Halo's back then were bulky as all get out, I played couple weeks ago and got to borrow someone's axe and spire but i'm not up to date on the gear to know how all new stuff works.

The board has a burnt spot on the board, i'm not sure what caused the short or burn. It wouldn't power on so i just assumed it to be toast.

Appreciate your help!
blacksheep115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 11:00 AM #4
impballr

plays in the NXL
impballr owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
impballr owns a Planet Eclipse LVR
The Spire is perfect, and it is what I use on all my Imps. Without vision, there is always a chance for a chop.

Is the power button intact? Where exactly is the short?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksheep115 View Post
I'll keep an eye out on the boards, but until then was wanting to start playing a little but didn't wanna get out there and it chop the crap outta the paint. Would a spire loader be sufficient for it? Those Halo's back then were bulky as all get out, I played couple weeks ago and got to borrow someone's axe and spire but i'm not up to date on the gear to know how all new stuff works.

The board has a burnt spot on the board, i'm not sure what caused the short or burn. It wouldn't power on so i just assumed it to be toast.

Appreciate your help!

"Originally posted by sucka T.
VIVA LA impballr!!!1one1!!!!111won11eleventyone11!!!!11!!1 !!!!11 "

My Feedback https://www.pbnation.com/showthread....03#post5812903
impballr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 12:04 AM #5
skyleritolutz

i may have a spare i look tonight
skyleritolutz is offline   Reply With Quote