PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-13-2020, 04:42 PM #2290
ironyusa
John - conscious paradox

ironyusa works for a Paintball manufacturer
The solenoid does VERY little with respect to paint handling. That was my first idea on how to address complaints with the marker's paint handling because we didn't have time for the compliant face at launch. The + bolt with the S manifold is what I prefer in my personal gun. Maybe doesn't shoot as soft, but I never have to mess with the dwell.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-13-2020, 06:23 PM #2291
ApexEight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironyusa View Post
The solenoid does VERY little with respect to paint handling. That was my first idea on how to address complaints with the marker's paint handling because we didn't have time for the compliant face at launch. The + bolt with the S manifold is what I prefer in my personal gun. Maybe doesn't shoot as soft, but I never have to mess with the dwell.
Sweet, I'm not a big fan of super soft shots anyway. I'll still compare the two and report back.
ApexEight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 02:30 AM #2292
Mr. Charlie
Dye DSR, M2, M3

Mr. Charlie owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Yeah, it’s not like it’s super soft, it just makes it a little bit smoother and softer.

If you keep the BWing M3+ Solenoid Housing in then I’d recommend running the Dwell at 20.
Old 05-14-2020, 06:36 AM #2293
imped4now
BTFU

has been a member for 10 years
imped4now owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
imped4now supports Ninja Paintball
Also in the S housing/+ bolt camp for added cycling reliability.
imped4now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 07:25 PM #2294
Noa Bo
Back Center = Bad Back

Annual Supporting Member
Noa Bo plays in the APPA D3 division
Clone 5s update

Had a typical two case Sunday session. Hereís what I used and how it went-

Conditions-
Temp was in the 60ís. Humidity 99 percent. Some very light rain for a moment, otherwise cloudy with sun all day. Low winds.

Paint-
APX Basic paint, two cases. Shoots straight but is too sensitive to humidity.

Guns/Markers-

-Clone 5s with modified single trigger frame. Obnoxiously good...great on paint. Pretty efficient on air. Shot quality is nice, very little vibration. I say obnoxiously good because it performed so well for sitting so long without use. Gun battling with it was great, made so many good shots this way. Ramping and long distance shots were there... I ended up playing wth this the most. Had a couple breaks. Besides the DSR, it was the best.

-DSR. Still amazing. No paint breaks whatsoever.

-M170R. Got rid of the hAIR 45. Still using the Stanchy soft tip bolt. Played one game and it was a total blender.

-X. Feels like it shots a little different. Tried the new secret sauce stuff Iíve been hinting at and I think it helps. Not a bad marker Iím just not very accurate with it. Need to find someone to buy both of mine.
-DBS Outdoor Paintball Park [ Ninjaball ]

2020 Setup:
-Prime XTS, Powerhouse Haymkr Reg, HK 80/4500 Tank, Spire 3 Loader, and Dye UL-s barrel. [ speedball ]
-Gtek M170R, Powerhouse Haymkr Reg, HK 80/4500 Tank, Dye R2 Loader, and Dye UL-s barrel. [ woodsball ]
Noa Bo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 07:28 PM #2295
KronicCocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noa Bo View Post
Had a typical two case Sunday session. Hereís what I used and how it went-

Conditions-
Temp was in the 60ís. Humidity 99 percent. Some very light rain for a moment, otherwise cloudy with sun all day. Low winds.

Paint-
APX Basic paint, two cases. Shoots straight but is too sensitive to humidity.

Guns/Markers-

-Clone 5s with modified single trigger frame. Obnoxiously good...great on paint. Pretty efficient on air. Shot quality is nice, very little vibration. I say obnoxiously good because it performed so well for sitting so long without use. Gun battling with it was great, made so many good shots this way. Ramping and long distance shots were there... I ended up playing wth this the most. Had a couple breaks. Besides the DSR, it was the best.

-DSR. Still amazing. No paint breaks whatsoever.

-M170R. Got rid of the hAIR 45. Still using the Stanchy soft tip bolt. Played one game and it was a total blender.

-X. Feels like it shots a little different. Tried the new secret sauce stuff Iíve been hinting at and I think it helps. Not a bad marker Iím just not very accurate with it. Need to find someone to buy both of mine.

No XTS today?
KronicCocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 03:36 AM #2296
Noa Bo
Back Center = Bad Back

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by KronicCocker View Post
No XTS today?
I plan on maxing eye delay again and running it next session. Just had a few other guns that needed dusting off.

Has to be said again-
But yeah, Clone 5s are legit. Plenty of them are around and pretty cheap to pick up. For those that forgot, a Clone 5s ( Aluminium valve, Gold Bolt ) with a Dwell of 10 shoots absolutely amazing. I pinged Ryan Podesta to see if he has any on hand, and in black. If not then I guess I can put the Clone 5s engine in a Prime and go to town. Todayís session definitely reminded me of why the Uprising guys liked their Clones ( and now Primes ) so much, they are so freaking accurate.

Air up a clone or prime and drop a ball in the chamber. Youíll see the ball sits perfectly and thereís almost zero play back and forth. The bolt scoots the ball forward safely into the barrel and that 100psi operating pressure gently blasts it the rest of the way. According to Bourke the ball has less deforming because of the low OP... True or hype? ( Shrugs ) I donít know but if so it would help explain a little bit how the ball seems to effortlessly float towards my target. If it matters I was using 693 insert in the Shaft barrel kit.

Luxe Life no longer
If anyone is interested, I am selling my Luxe collection. Super pretty to look at, a lot of fun, just donít foresee the need to use em in competition atm. Iíve got the Xís, dust black/gloss black and gloss blue/gloss black. Iíve got three Ices, Citrus/Stone, Pure Silver, and dust black. Two Encore engines.

2020 Setup:
-Prime XTS, Powerhouse Haymkr Reg, HK 80/4500 Tank, Spire 3 Loader, and Dye UL-s barrel. [ speedball ]
-Gtek M170R, Powerhouse Haymkr Reg, HK 80/4500 Tank, Dye R2 Loader, and Dye UL-s barrel. [ woodsball ]
Old 05-18-2020, 06:59 AM #2297
J.J.Strom
Slug Life #23

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KronicCocker View Post
No XTS today?
I plan on maxing eye delay again and running it next session. Just had a few other guns that needed dusting off.

Has to be said again-
But yeah, Clone 5s are legit. Plenty of them are around and pretty cheap to pick up. For those that forgot, a Clone 5s ( Aluminium valve, Gold Bolt ) with a Dwell of 10 shoots absolutely amazing. I pinged Ryan Podesta to see if he has any on hand, and in black. If not then I guess I can put the Clone 5s engine in a Prime and go to town. Today’s session definitely reminded me of why the Uprising guys liked their Clones ( and now Primes ) so much, they are so freaking accurate.

Air up a clone or prime and drop a ball in the chamber. You’ll see the ball sits perfectly and there’s almost zero play back and forth. The bolt scoots the ball forward safely into the barrel and that 100psi operating pressure gently blasts it the rest of the way. According to Bourke the ball has less deforming because of the low OP... True or hype? ( Shrugs ) I don’t know but if so it would help explain a little bit how the ball seems to effortlessly float towards my target. If it matters I was using 693 insert in the Shaft barrel kit.

Luxe Life no longer
If anyone is interested, I am selling my Luxe collection. Super pretty to look at, a lot of fun, just don’t foresee the need to use em in competition atm. I’ve got the X’s, dust black/gloss black and gloss blue/gloss black. I’ve got three Ices, Citrus/Stone, Pure Silver, and dust black. Two Encore engines.
Not the luxe’s noa 😞
Second the clones. Such a nice shot, i really thought about one for this season, before it went tits up.
By the time we manage to get back to it were gunna have f***ing phazers
J.J.Strom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 08:59 AM #2298
Noa Bo
Back Center = Bad Back

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.J.Strom View Post
Not the luxeís noa 😞
Second the clones. Such a nice shot, i really thought about one for this season, before it went tits up.
When I started this thread I was a long time player but still extremely new, gun shy in fact, about techín guns. First sign of a leak and I wouldnít know what to do or where to begin. My first Clone 5 had a solenoid leak and so I just got rid of it. I didnít understand the support for guns now days, I was still used to having a pro shop that I could drop it off to and pick it up when it was fixed. Things have changed a lot since then.

If the gun is good enough Iíll take the time to do whatís necessary to keep it up and running. Now that I have an established line of communication with a great Macdev rep/tech, I feel totally comfortable to shoot Macdev guns in competition. Another reason why I like these guns is thereís not a whole lot to them. The less complicated, the less things can go wrong or need replacing. Four or five years ago I would say I loved the performance I saw on the field, but hated how unreliable and inconsistent they were. Macdev did a good job to turn all that bad stuff around.

Gotta say this though. The Luxe X is the probably the worst high end release in recent memory. Iím very disappointed in DLX for the poor quality and inconsistent product being pushed out. The X when itís working like it should is a great gun, but when they get all flunky and have problems, itís a huge disappointment. DLX couldíve gotten it right and released another solid gun, just like the Ice, but itís seemingly like they chose to get cheap and rush things. Some guys get a good solid X while others get basically a lemon... Iíve giving the X a very fair shot but disappointment after disappointment and Iím moving on. The tech who was helping me figure out my problem basically acknowledged that my X was defective and just stopped helping me. The bandaid fix was to use the Rotor for its force fed design. So buy my Xís at your own risks, other then being in good condition youíll know what youíre getting into.

2020 Setup:
Old 05-18-2020, 10:54 AM #2299
viking002
Da Sigma

plays in the NXL
viking002 posts videos on PbNation
viking002 is an NCPA player
My hesitation with ever owning a Luxe is for that reason. I've seen them go down time after time in tournament settings. I understand if you maintain them well it probably won't happen, but I've seen them go down more than any other marker out there.

The Xs around here seem to shoot well but that's probably because it's Ronnie's and the Aftermath guys' guns.
Old 05-18-2020, 02:10 PM #2300
k1rage

Quote:
Quote:
Not the luxe’s noa 😞
When I started this thread I was a long time player but still extremely new, gun shy in fact, about tech’n guns. First sign of a leak and I wouldn’t know what to do or where to begin. My first Clone 5 had a solenoid leak and so I just got rid of it. I didn’t understand the support for guns now days, I was still used to having a pro shop that I could drop it off to and pick it up when it was fixed. Things have changed a lot since then.

If the gun is good enough I’ll take the time to do what’s necessary to keep it up and running. Now that I have an established line of communication with a great Macdev rep/tech, I feel totally comfortable to shoot Macdev guns in competition. Another reason why I like these guns is there’s not a whole lot to them. The less complicated, the less things can go wrong or need replacing. Four or five years ago I would say I loved the performance I saw on the field, but hated how unreliable and inconsistent they were. Macdev did a good job to turn all that bad stuff around.

Gotta say this though. The Luxe X is the probably the worst high end release in recent memory. I’m very disappointed in DLX for the poor quality and inconsistent product being pushed out. The X when it’s working like it should is a great gun, but when they get all flunky and have problems, it’s a huge disappointment. DLX could’ve gotten it right and released another solid gun, just like the Ice, but it’s seemingly like they chose to get cheap and rush things. Some guys get a good solid X while others get basically a lemon... I’ve giving the X a very fair shot but disappointment after disappointment and I’m moving on. The tech who was helping me figure out my problem basically acknowledged that my X was defective and just stopped helping me. The bandaid fix was to use the Rotor for its force fed design. So buy my X’s at your own risks, other then being in good condition you’ll know what you’re getting into.
Lol they steal the gamma core but still managed to **** it up

I won't consider them based upon ****ty practices alone.
k1rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 04:09 PM #2301
J.J.Strom
Slug Life #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1rage View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Not the luxe’s noa 😞
When I started this thread I was a long time player but still extremely new, gun shy in fact, about tech’n guns. First sign of a leak and I wouldn’t know what to do or where to begin. My first Clone 5 had a solenoid leak and so I just got rid of it. I didn’t understand the support for guns now days, I was still used to having a pro shop that I could drop it off to and pick it up when it was fixed. Things have changed a lot since then.

If the gun is good enough I’ll take the time to do what’s necessary to keep it up and running. Now that I have an established line of communication with a great Macdev rep/tech, I feel totally comfortable to shoot Macdev guns in competition. Another reason why I like these guns is there’s not a whole lot to them. The less complicated, the less things can go wrong or need replacing. Four or five years ago I would say I loved the performance I saw on the field, but hated how unreliable and inconsistent they were. Macdev did a good job to turn all that bad stuff around.

Gotta say this though. The Luxe X is the probably the worst high end release in recent memory. I’m very disappointed in DLX for the poor quality and inconsistent product being pushed out. The X when it’s working like it should is a great gun, but when they get all flunky and have problems, it’s a huge disappointment. DLX could’ve gotten it right and released another solid gun, just like the Ice, but it’s seemingly like they chose to get cheap and rush things. Some guys get a good solid X while others get basically a lemon... I’ve giving the X a very fair shot but disappointment after disappointment and I’m moving on. The tech who was helping me figure out my problem basically acknowledged that my X was defective and just stopped helping me. The bandaid fix was to use the Rotor for its force fed design. So buy my X’s at your own risks, other then being in good condition you’ll know what you’re getting into.

Ughhhhh.........not this AGAIN
J.J.Strom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 04:29 PM #2302
k1rage

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Not the luxe’s noa 😞

Ughhhhh.........not this AGAIN

?

Am I incorrect?

I have been told by a few of the most knowledgeable folks here that, they did indeed steal it.

If I'm mistaken please correct me.
Old 05-18-2020, 10:42 PM #2303
Mr. Stealthy

Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
Quote:

?

Am I incorrect?

I have been told by a few of the most knowledgeable folks here that, they did indeed steal it.

It is a pretty blatant rip-off. I think the biggest issues with the X was the poor initial QC. There were a couple parts revisions, but it seemed pretty evident to me that they just werenít closing the loop in the QC department early on. I think demand factored in and they rushed the early production models. They seemed pretty ironed out at this point and I wouldnít be concerned with buying one personally.
Mr. Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 05:03 AM #2304
Mr. Charlie
Dye DSR, M2, M3

I still wouldn’t even consider or recommend a Luxe X.

I’ve said it time and again that they’ve really ****ed up the Gamma Core design.

It’s not surprising that their own tech said their Marker is a lemon and unfixable. It also really seems like the “quality“ has dropped off on the Xs when compared with the Ices.

Plus all the Smart Parts bull**** throughout the decades (yes, DLX, SP, GOG, and Smart Parts are all the “same” company)...
Old 05-19-2020, 07:13 AM #2305
Big Papa Pink
High-end Aficionado

Annual Supporting Member
Big Papa Pink is BST Legit
Big Papa Pink owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Big Papa Pink owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
Big Papa Pink owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek MG100
Big Papa Pink supports DLX Technology
Macdev "borrowed" the IV Core ... Luxe "borrowed" the Gamma Core, it happens ... I'm really surprised we have not seen clones of either the DSR ARC Bolt or the FL-21 Bolt.

As for the Luxe X, I have been very happy with the three I have. While it is not my favorite marker, overall they are good and well designed markers. Maybe I have gotten lucky to get three good ones?

Current Dark Side Markers:
Active: Several Markers
Active Reserve: Many, Many More
Retired from Active Service: A Few limited edition yet fully functional markers

Last edited by Big Papa Pink : 05-19-2020 at 07:16 AM.
Big Papa Pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 07:14 AM #2306
k1rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stealthy View Post
Quote:

?

Am I incorrect?

It is a pretty blatant rip-off. I think the biggest issues with the X was the poor initial QC. There were a couple parts revisions, but it seemed pretty evident to me that they just weren’t closing the loop in the QC department early on. I think demand factored in and they rushed the early production models. They seemed pretty ironed out at this point and I wouldn’t be concerned with buying one personally.
Thanks for the confirmation
Old 05-19-2020, 09:27 AM #2307
Noa Bo
Back Center = Bad Back

Annual Supporting Member
Didnít mean to start battle of accusations. Iíve seen plenty of players swear by their Xís. I have two and one works well but it also had problems starting out. But both of mine wonít register a ball in the breech when you tilt the gun back. I saw an X this past weekend having issues. I wonít say who it is, but taking to this person via messenger, players love their X till it takes a dive, Iím talking about the elite. Apologies for being cryptic, have to protect them. That confirmed my suspicion that DLX dropped the ball this release.

You guys know how much Iíve enjoyed their guns. Iíve purchased thousands of dollars worth from them and helped facilitate tens of thousands more through my then team and beyond. Iím just at that point in my life where my filter is becoming less and less. Iíve realized how much Iíve spent and how much Iíve helped companies, and if I feel like Iím not getting a certain ROI in my deals, well I get cranky. Not only that, but Iíve seen more Shocker XLS gunís go down in the last two years then anything else, lots of complaints on the field, lots of disappointment. At some point itís like Quality took a sidestep to Quantity. Just my observations though, take it with salt, Iím only one person.

2020 Setup:
Old 05-19-2020, 09:45 AM #2308
Paul77
Can't find my old account

Annual Supporting Member
Paul77 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Charlie View Post
I still wouldnít even consider or recommend a Luxe X.

Iíve said it time and again that theyíve really ****ed up the Gamma Core design.

Plus all the Smart Parts bull**** throughout the decades (yes, DLX, SP, GOG, and Smart Parts are all the ďsameĒ company)...
charles im not normally one to bust balls but.....

youve *****ed and whined about the x since it came out and to the best of my knowledge have never owned one yet.

with the few minor revisions, it went from shooting decently to shooting real good. its been on the podium a crap ton of times so far.

just say you dont like it because of personal reasons. unless you go get yourself one first.

i really like mine, tons of firsts that will trickle down from this one.