Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

View Poll Results: Which bob gun do you shoot?
V1/V2 1 5.88%
VCOM 2 11.76%
VIS 4 23.53%
insight 10 58.82%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-22-2016, 11:16 AM #43
TheSentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Papa Pink View Post
That is something I don't totally understand, the eyes not seeing certain colors of paint thing. The G6R, Victory and Insight/Onslaught use the same eye components, board components, main boards and software. In theory, if one had issues seeing paint, then all should have that issue if it were something in the eyes.

I think the issue is instead something in the breach geometry of the Insight/Onslaught and where the lower eye is sitting that allows it to see "through" the shell of the paintball. Think of it this way ... the shell must be acting like a fiber-optic cable allowing the light to bounce through the shell which is then seen by the eye on the other side or enough light for the marker to think it is not ready to fire. By darkening the eye lens you are simply just reducing the amount of light that is available making it easier to meet the threshold the marker needs to read a ball.

I have been skeptical of what Bob and Zach were telling me, but they were proven to be right apparently. By making the easier change to the eye lens they were able to resolve the issue. My answer would have been to redesign the breach to raise the eye location 1/20 or 1/10 of a mm or so which would have not worked for existing markers and would have been much more expensive for BLAST.
The distance the eye is from the ball would make a difference.. they also could have changed the board layout which changed the power supplied to the eyes, too much power and that light will still be able to be seen
TheSentry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-23-2016, 10:59 AM #44
vector911

has been a member for 10 years
vector911 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
vector911 supports Ninja Paintball
I think they just went with the "more power" option a long time ago. These things are not focused laser beams with flawless mirrors so some scattering would be expected. With the same shared boards/wiring/eyes as my flawless victories, it would have to be milling changes in the insight.
I'm just upset that I had a great price on a great color and that marker defeated me with the eye issue. I've worked some magic on pure crap abused markers, but that flawless insight only needed a sharpie!!! killin me..
Empire Resurrection
vector911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 01:34 AM #45
Dover
Blaze Away All Day

Dover posts videos on PbNation
Dover is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Dover supports Ninja Paintball
What a wonderful read, glad i made the choice on buying a Victory v1.

I wanted one since 2010 but didn't have a thousand dollars to drop then, but i did have a CLoser

Orange County Bushwackers SL66 # B0033 ~ Warped Sportz Dark SL74 # D1028 ~ Swamp SLS # S2197

$h@key J0nEZ "It's not hard to justify unless you simply don't have the money and can't afford it. You can always tell the men from the boys by the price of their toys.
The SL is always the top of the line and the best paintball gun made, every year since it was first released. You get what you pay for and Bespoke parts are full of win."
Dover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 05:25 PM #46
Big Papa Pink
High-end Aficionado

Big Papa Pink owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
Big Papa Pink owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Big Papa Pink supports Ninja Paintball
Bumping this for the new folks on the BLAST bandwagon.

Let us know if you have any questions. Most of us are happy to help.

Current Dark Side Markers:
Active: Several Markers
Active Reserve: Many, Many More
Retired from Active Service: A Few limited edition yet fully functional markers
Big Papa Pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 12:08 PM #47
GRIMM_LOCK

Quote:
Bumping this for the new folks on the BLAST bandwagon.

Let us know if you have any questions. Most of us are happy to help.

So a SLP V2 regulator is going for cheap near me, is it only beneficial for the G6R or will the insight and victory VIS/VCOM benefit also?

Not done much research but understand a little and looking to learn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GRIMM_LOCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 01:22 PM #48
Intern1

Intern1 owns a Planet Eclipse - M170r
Intern1 is Boss
SLP will work all newer BL guns, so G6R, V1 victories, and V2 victories. I'm not sure if the older marqs or vice like SLP, bu the ones i listed will deffinitely run fine on SLP.

Intern1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 01:23 PM #49
no_rex4u
USNA #11 ALUM

no_rex4u plays in the MiLP
no_rex4u owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
no_rex4u plays in the APPA D5 division
no_rex4u has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIMM_LOCK View Post
So a SLP V2 regulator is going for cheap near me, is it only beneficial for the G6R or will the insight and victory VIS/VCOM benefit also?

Not done much research but understand a little and looking to learn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
from personal experience, I have used my ninja SL with no shims (450-500psi) on my victus,g6r, and vis/vcom/SC.

never had any issues.

As a paintball player, you should be trying to grow the sport. If there is ever an opportunity to help your local field, you should try your best to help.
no_rex4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 04:47 PM #50
GRIMM_LOCK

so the general consensus is the SLP will provide no benefit over my current v2 reg then?
GRIMM_LOCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 07:51 PM #51
gamer565
Read the manual!!

gamer565 is playing at Living Legends VI
gamer565 is playing at Living Legends VII
gamer565 is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
gamer565 is Boss
gamer565 supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIMM_LOCK View Post
so the general consensus is the SLP will provide no benefit over my current v2 reg then?
Using SLP will give you about 200 extra shots over a V2.
gamer565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 09:56 PM #52
imped4now
BTFU

imped4now owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
imped4now supports Ninja Paintball
A tank outputting 300 psi will not yield 200 more shots over a tank outputting 450 psi, all else being equal. Not even close.

Lurker27:
As far as I can tell, both Dye and PE don't have real issues with their britches"
Jack Wood: I certainly have no issue with my trousers. You're 100% correct there, Ryan.."
imped4now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 08:25 AM #53
Big Papa Pink
High-end Aficionado

I would stick with the V2 ... I run all my F1/BLAST markers off V2 regs with all the shims removed.

Old 07-24-2017, 05:35 PM #54
Gingerbeardman

Bump best info I could find on V1. Thanks guys
Gingerbeardman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 09:56 PM #55
Big Papa Pink
High-end Aficionado

If you have any questions, let me know.

Old 07-26-2017, 07:53 PM #56
SPARTAN114

This may be slightly unrelated to this thread, but I do have a question about the eye system for the onslaught. I have an onslaught and the gun keeps giving me eye error readings when I shoot the gun using 4c eyes. I have checked the eyes and they are perfectly clean and the eyes read my finger accurately when I put them in the breech. I had this error when I went to play the other day and just ended swapping them out for the 2c eyes for that day of play and eneded up shooting a case and a half without a problem. Both eyes also have the sharpie mod, but the 4c eyes still had this problem before it was applied. My settings are as follows:

Dwell: 14
Debounce: 35ms
Mech Debounce 5
Trigger Filter: 06
Bolt Delay 25ms
BD Delay: 20ms

I am thinking my problem is the bolt delay setting is too high, causing the 4c eye logic to believe there is an error. So I am thinking that lowering the bolt delay setting back to the stock of 15ms will fix this problem. But I wanted to see if anybody else have experienced this problem. Since I'd rather just stick with the 2c eyes now, since I know they work and work reliably, rather than ending up having to switch the eyes out again when I get to the field. Though I would like to take advantage of the 4c eyes since I have them, they are also the laser version of the 4c eyes in case that makes a difference. Also, the light on the 4c eyes is not sharpied over for aesthetic reasons, the other transmitter and the two receivers are sharpied over though (again, in case that makes a difference).

So I was wondering if anybody else experienced this problem?

Any other help would also be appreciated.
SPARTAN114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 08:18 PM #57
Big Papa Pink
High-end Aficionado

I have not seen the need to sharpie 4c eyes.

Are there any pices in the eye wire? What happens when you reset all the settings to factory stock? What are the stock settings?

Old 07-27-2017, 10:28 PM #58
SPARTAN114

I don't believe the sharpie is necessary for the 4c eyes, but I just did it in case the marker would have difficulty reading some paint at some point. Either way is does not appear to obstruct the vision to any noticeable degree when just turning the marker on with the breech empty. I also had this error occur before I did the sharpie mod, so I don't believe it is the problem.

I did send the gun to bob long due to solenoid issues as well as this problem and they simply replaced the board to try to alleviate this problem. However, that board had a faulty battery terminal (the solder on the terminal broke off) and I sent the gun back, and the board got replaced again. Though I had shipped it to them with the 2c eyes installed the second time as I did not like the fact that the 4c eyes sometimes reported as 2c (different problem, I believe this is normal but it annoyed me). So they tested the marker with 4c eyes and 2c eyes on stock settings and found no errors (not my 4c eyes I believe, just fyi).

I switched out the stock setting when I got the gun back from bob long and changed them to the settings recommended in the "Onslaught One-Stop Info" forum. While also increasing the debounce setting to 35ms (to alleviate trigger runaway) and increasing the BD delay to 20ms (to prevent chops at all costs). This is when I encountered the problem, I did not try the straight stock settings which are as follows I believe:

Dwell: 12ms
Debounce: 2ms
Mech Debounce 3
Trigger Filter: 06
Bolt Delay 15ms
BD Delay: 08ms

I am thinking the bolt delay setting is my problem, and needs to be lowered to use 4c eyes. I believe the problem is that there ends up being a ball in place before the end of the 25ms bolt delay, making the eye logic for the 4c eyes believe there is a malfunction (just a guess).

So I am not positive what happens with just stock settings, but I don't really want to try it when I get to the field in case I encounter problems and have to switch them out again.

As far as the question about "pices" I am assuming you mean pieces, and there are no pieces in the eye wires that I can see, they look fully intact with no visible gashes or damage of any kind that I can see.

Thanks for responding, I think changing my bolt delay setting will fix my problem, but I just wanted to see if anybody can confirm similar problem with a high bolt delay with 4c eyes before I attempt to change it. Since I know the 2c eyes work reliably, I don't want to change them out again just to have problems again.

The 4c eyes I have could just be faulty, just wanted to see if anybody else had this issue. Also, if you could share your settings and whether or not you are running 4c eyes it would be much appreciated. I am trying to set my onslaught up so it will be reliably as possible, so any input is appreciated.
Old 07-28-2017, 09:04 PM #59
Big Papa Pink
High-end Aficionado

I think pices should have been pinches. I use 4c eyes and have only changed my Dwell to 14 on my Onslaughts; the rest of the settings are stock.

I have played with bolt delay on my Insight, which is also using 4c eyes and have not seen a similar issue.

I would not be afraid to play with the settings on your board as it only take a few second to change them back to what you had them set to before.

I will say that with the new frenzy 5 boards, the 4c eyes do not provide the same benefit as they did on the older Ryujin/ Tadao boards. Some will argue there is no difference in performance unless you are shooting uncapped semi. I only use 4c eyes because I have always used them in Victories and I had better luck with 4c eyes in Insights.

Old 07-28-2017, 10:02 PM #60
SPARTAN114

Thanks for the help, I may try the 4c eyes out while changing the settings back to stock. I simply didn't do this before because I didn't think about changing my settings when I was out on the field, and I simply changed the eyes out instead. So I'll give them one more try, but if I still run into problems I'll probably just stick with 2c eyes.

As far as pinching eye wires, there is no visible pinching that I can see happening in the eye covers and within the grip frame. There could possibly be pinching between the trigger frame and the main body, but nothing I could notice without taking the gun apart. Also, since the gun recently had its board replaced by field one I would think that they would avoid pinching the eye wires between the main body and trigger frame.

Well, I guess I'll try and switch out the eyes back to 4c eyes and see if I can get them working with close to stock settings (I'll probably keep dwell at 14 and raise the BD delay to 15ms).

Thanks again for the help.
Old 04-09-2018, 02:22 PM #61
Big Papa Pink
High-end Aficionado

Bumping this back to the top as i’m Seeing a number of questions answered in this thread. I’ll try to update pics as I can.

Old 04-09-2018, 03:01 PM #62
mkupchyk
I make my own future

mkupchyk owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
mkupchyk supports Pev's Paintball
mkupchyk supports DLX Technology
mkupchyk supports Ninja Paintball
mkupchyk owns a Planet Eclipse CSR
Lightbulb Images Help

Quote:
Bumping this back to the top as i’m Seeing a number of questions answered in this thread. I’ll try to update pics as I can.
Easiest way to update pics is to put them on Imgur, it's free and you can use the BB/Forums link to have pics show up right in the thread.

Upload pics to Imgur(dot)com (create a Free account), then click the pic you want to use and on the right side there is a menu with a list of links, one of them is "BBCode (message boards & forums)" -- copy and paste that link into your post for each picture you want to show up....of course you can preview the post on PBN before you finish it. If you use the "Linked BBCode" option it will use whatever size option thumbnail you select (e.g., Medium Thumbnail, Large Thumbnail) but the thumb will be clickable and open to the Original picture resolution you uploaded to Imgur.

mkupchyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 06:52 PM #63
Big Papa Pink
High-end Aficionado

Yeah, that was the plan.