Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-18-2016, 10:36 AM #1
uhaditcomin

TM-15 Air-thru-back & Magfed mod

I have had a TM15 for since 2012 and it has worked great. Never an issue.
Granted I did upgrade to the APE RAMPAGE because we played a lot at night and having the LED on would give me away...RAMPAGE allows me to turn LED off.

Last week I played in a 48 hr scenario...which was meant to be magfed. I used my TM15 with a RAP4 20 round tube-loader...worked ok, but was a pain to reload....but I saw the followimng, which I am have ordered and will install shortly.

An outfit here in NZ made a bolt on mag-fed loader adapter for the TM15/TM7. Low profile when bolted onto the top rail of the marker.
Feeds directly into the stock paintball breech.
Lines up nicely with the current position of the TMs magazine (which holds the battery still)
The adapter accepts MILSIG or TGR magazines (18 rounds each).. and with a mag inserted...it looks like a double mag - which is kinda cool

Top that off, I am working on a mod to take the air entry on the TM from below the pistol grip, to the back of the marker. I want to be able to use either airtank-in-stock, or air-thru-stock.

The TM16 accepts stocks that are Tippman 98 compatible. I noted that TACAMO makes a 98 adapter called FLEXI-AIR...which has a macro line on the outside of it. This should pop into the standard stock mount at the back of the TM with NO MOD.
What I was thinking to do is drill a hole on the right side of the TM15 body - just where that angled feature is (like you see on real AR15s). and route the Macroline inside the marker - thru that entry point (either direct, or using a fitting.
Inside the marker, I might have to convert to microline tube which can feed through the pistol grip...where I will drill another hole for it to exit and route just above the ASA. and using some angled connections and ASA adapter, screw it into the ASA to complete the air-route.
MINIMAL MOD to the marker except for two drilled holes, which can be plugged with rubber stoppers if one wants to reverse out of the mod....but ....the end result would be a fully self-contained, magfed TM15, well-balanced and ready to rock.
For games where fire power is required...I can then attach an air-thru-stock (might need a few additional mods to route the air from that setup) or I can attach the flexi-air and screw a 13CI bottle and stock adapter on the marker.

Problem is TACAMO apparently dont make the external flexi-air adapter any longer....now its all internal, and I am not so sure that will work...because of space restrictions at the back of the TM.

Anyone else every considered doing this, or maybe HAVE done this? In particular the air part...as the mag part is pretty well sorted.

NO PICS YET...but once I get started I will post em up
uhaditcomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-31-2016, 11:54 PM #2
Wartex

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhaditcomin View Post
I noted that TACAMO makes a 98 adapter called FLEXI-AIR...which has a macro line on the outside of it. This should pop into the standard stock mount at the back of the TM with NO MOD.
it doesn't fit without milling, the grooves too far from the tube end compared to a 98 stock. I have fabricated one and will post pics later. The side mag mod is meh. I am actually using Tiberius T15 magazines for my TM15 and moved the battery. They fit the magwell with slight modification.
Wartex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 05:18 PM #3
MikeyD181

Can you guys post pics?
MikeyD181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 02:02 PM #4
playboy131418

playboy131418 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
playboy131418 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
playboy131418 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
playboy131418 supports Ninja Paintball
A mag fed TM-15 would be awesome