Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-13-2021, 03:06 AM #1
Hessterdj

Does the Spire IR2 have issues?

I have been reading reviews of this hopper and I'm so torn between this and the LTR. I understand the Spire is a bit more pricey, and I'm willing to pay a little extra for the spring ramp and the speed feed.

But I have read a couple reviews saying that if tilted the hopper will struggle to feed... I have also read that it just requires shaking every 20 seconds to get paint to feed (unless you have the ramp)... But the rest of the reviews claim its the best in its price range.

Sooooo what are your experiences with the hopper? Do you have the Spring ramp and how much did that help?
Hessterdj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-13-2021, 02:14 PM #2
Paul77
Can't find my old account

Annual Supporting Member
Paul77 supports DLX Technology
dont listen to people, both hoppers work amazing. the ltr feeds way faster than the ir, the ir is more gentle on paint, but the ir's accessories are a little pricey. both have pros and cons but you really can go wrong with either, flip a coin.

Powered By Powerhouse Regulators, DLX Luxe X, Pro-Shar Paintballs, Prairie Storm Paintball

All my weird random paintball parts for sale on eBay feel free to PM me offers on here.

Paul77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 12:42 AM #3
Hessterdj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul77 View Post
dont listen to people, both hoppers work amazing. the ltr feeds way faster than the ir, the ir is more gentle on paint, but the ir's accessories are a little pricey. both have pros and cons but you really can go wrong with either, flip a coin.
Way faster? I mean they can do both 20 BPS right? That's not even realistic for me but its possible on both right?
Hessterdj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 11:07 AM #4
twinings
Cereal Eater

has been a member for 10 years
twinings plays in the PSP
twinings plays in the APPA D4 division
I have gotten an original IR close to 20bps with my Ego8 on uncapped ramp.
Old 04-14-2021, 07:56 PM #5
Paul77
Can't find my old account

Annual Supporting Member
Paul77 supports DLX Technology
the ir will do 17-18, the ltr will do a solid 25ish. so it is quite a difference if you play uncapped semi. but at current tourney rules you wont notice a difference.