How is a PBN formed?

has been a member for 10 years
tweeter4 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
tweeter4 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by FriendlyFire OG View Post
He was the one who started it so why is so cringe to watch? Just curious

Its no different from Nicky doing the throat cut, to archie pounding his chest, to federov using his signature move. In my personal opinion i think these types of celebrations is what gives every player their own identity.
Bruh, It is a cringe-thing because its essentially celebrating when they arent really a consistent winning team yet.

Archie can pound his chest because he is the best player on Earth. Nicky could do the throat cut and yell night night sucka, because there was a period he was one of the best players on Earth on one of the best teams ever.

Dude does that hopper dump every ****ing point it seems like. It is like when you see a backup NFL player get a sack in garbage time and dance around as his team is losing by multiple scores. I mean act like you got a kill before.

Its great marketing for himself and the team as a brand though. Hopefully this year he is doing it as they smash and roll teams.
tweeter4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 06:17 AM #24
disasterplaya
Roll Tide!

disasterplaya is a Professional paintball player
 plays in the NXL
disasterplaya owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
disasterplaya owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
disasterplaya plays in the APPA Pro division
Not sure where Scotty is going to play this season but wish him the best of luck wherever he lands.

On the loader dump: obviously it’s my teammate doing it so I think it’s cool. Pat Kraft has the utmost respect for the game and veteran players in the league. We understand when the time and place is to do things to celebrate. We also know that the league had gotten a little stale so bringing a little bit of an attitude to the field was needed and what we had been doing since we started the team 6 years ago.

As for us being consistent, we are getting there. We are a second year pro team. Our first season in the pro division we made Sunday twice and had a 8-12 record with a good win beating X Factor. Our second season we were 9-11 with wins over AC Dallas and Russian Legion. Nobody is saying this is anything special but we are always striving to be better and hopefully this season we will be more consistent and playing on sundays more then we have in the past.
Rise Paintball
Aztek Photos
Trade My Gun
Freak
disasterplaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 07:43 AM #25
AngelsNightmare
Wha happen?

is playing at Living Legends XI
AngelsNightmare owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
AngelsNightmare owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
AngelsNightmare supports Team VICIOUS
Let Pat Kraft and NYX do the loader dump. Everyone else are posers.
AngelsNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 08:35 AM #26
Syngraves923
Big Guy Little Bunker

Syngraves923 owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
Syngraves923 owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Syngraves923 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by disasterplaya View Post
On the loader dump: obviously it’s my teammate doing it so I think it’s cool. Pat Kraft has the utmost respect for the game and veteran players in the league. We understand when the time and place is to do things to celebrate. We also know that the league had gotten a little stale so bringing a little bit of an attitude to the field was needed and what we had been doing since we started the team 6 years ago.
I was fortunate enough to be assigned to Pats team at the recent Boston combine. After we beat Marcello Margotts team in red zone, Pat and a few guys on our team loader dumped then Pat gathered us around and pretty much said when we are on the field bring the attitude and energy, but once the masks come off and the match is over, show the other team respect. After the red zone game we all shook hands and moved onto the next drill.

So, in my opinion, I like the loader dump. If anything it gives spectators something to talk or laugh about. Looking forward to seeing NYX improve their game this season.
Old 01-19-2020, 10:00 AM #27
AstroBovice

Quote:
He was the one who started it so why is so cringe to watch? Just curious

Its no different from Nicky doing the throat cut, to archie pounding his chest, to federov using his signature move. In my personal opinion i think these types of celebrations is what gives every player their own identity.

The difference is the other guys you mentioned celebrate winning matches, and these guys celebrate winning individual points like clowns and then lose the match. Literally the only reason this team is talked about at all is because they dump their hoppers, otherwise they'd just be another average bottom tier pro team that goes 2-2 or 1-3 every event.
AstroBovice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 11:31 AM #28
BIGCAN-RULES
#UNDR #ACPB #HK

BIGCAN-RULES supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroBovice View Post
The difference is the other guys you mentioned celebrate winning matches, and these guys celebrate winning individual points like clowns and then lose the match. Literally the only reason this team is talked about at all is because they dump their hoppers, otherwise they'd just be another average bottom tier pro team that goes 2-2 or 1-3 every event.
Pro div should have 8-12 max.....the bottom dwellers and consistent non-sunday teams, should be playing SP. This dilutes the word Pro with regards to the NXL. But hey, Loader dump....right up there with Ollies finger to the sky and nickys throat slice
Old 01-19-2020, 02:44 PM #29
notsuoh-alyat

If you have 8-12 teams, would 6 move onto Sunday? You'd rarely see anyone besides the regulars into Sunday.

20 teams allows for upsets, without the sponsorship angst of champs/challengers relegation. As spectators, we'll typically see top teams run riskier game plans Friday/Sat with a lower tier team -- instead of playing conservative, no-mistake ball throughout the entire weekend.

As long as you're not thin-skinned, the loader dump is hilarious.

DALLASJETS

notsuoh-alyat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 03:43 PM #30
BIGCAN-RULES
#UNDR #ACPB #HK

BIGCAN-RULES supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by notsuoh-alyat View Post
If you have 8-12 teams, would 6 move onto Sunday? You'd rarely see anyone besides the regulars into Sunday.

20 teams allows for upsets, without the sponsorship angst of champs/challengers relegation. As spectators, we'll typically see top teams run riskier game plans Friday/Sat with a lower tier team -- instead of playing conservative, no-mistake ball throughout the entire weekend.

As long as you're not thin-skinned, the loader dump is hilarious.
Correct, I only want to watch the best professional teams/players in the world. As for the loader dump, let him do his thing...im just saying the loader dump doesnt make NYX a top tier team worth watching, now for a sideshow running commentary of those dudes in between a Legion/Heat match...absolutely
Old 01-19-2020, 05:49 PM #31
ArchAngelIon
I run a field now

ArchAngelIon plays in the PSP
ArchAngelIon helped look for balloons
ArchAngelIon posts videos on PbNation
ArchAngelIon is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
HK aesthetics and apparel without having to shoot a Pinocchio? That's some dream sponsorship right there. NYX has lots of eyes on them which makes the squad a good team to invest sponsorship dollars towards.
Old 01-19-2020, 09:14 PM #32
Samrog777

Samrog777 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
 plays in the NXL 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchAngelIon View Post
HK aesthetics and apparel without having to shoot a Pinocchio? That's some dream sponsorship right there. NYX has lots of eyes on them which makes the squad a good team to invest sponsorship dollars towards.
Still have to wear KLRs tho Still wondering when HK is going to come out with a better mask
Old 01-20-2020, 06:18 AM #33
disasterplaya
Roll Tide!

disasterplaya is a Professional paintball player
 plays in the NXL
disasterplaya owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
disasterplaya owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
disasterplaya plays in the APPA Pro division
I’m hearing sometime this season.
Rise Paintball
Aztek Photos
Trade My Gun
Freak
disasterplaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 09:30 AM #34
inertstatic

inertstatic owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
inertstatic owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
inertstatic supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by disasterplaya View Post
I’m hearing sometime this season.
Ohhh exciting. Hoping this is for real.

Old PBN Feedback:
34/0/0
inertstatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 05:57 PM #35
BIG T25

BIG T25 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
BIG T25 plays in the APPA D1 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroBovice View Post
ever watch football, baseball, hockey, or soccer? Those guys also celebrate when they score. Are they all clowns too?
Old 01-22-2020, 06:22 AM #36
white trash
celticradio.net

white trash is Legendary
no limo companies????

how many lowes could rob lowe rob if rob lowe could rob lowes?

Democrats are pedophiles
https://www.pbnation.com/forumdisplay.php?f=396
white trash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 11:09 AM #37
FriendlyFire OG
IT'S MURDA...

FriendlyFire OG owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
FriendlyFire OG owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
FriendlyFire OG owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG T25 View Post
ever watch football, baseball, hockey, or soccer? Those guys also celebrate when they score. Are they all clowns too?
EXACTLY MY POINT I WAS TRYING TO MAKE! Everyone has their own celebration which makes them there own individual. If you don't get pumped or celebrate after making a good play then idk why your even playing any sport.

Another example: Every time a guy in the MLB hits a home run he does the bat flip and rounds the bases. Not just Big Papi, or Mike trout but every guy does it. Even in the lower divisions.

Gives the audience a show and shows pride that you care about accomplishing a goal no matter how small or big it might be.
George Ocean Lv1 (#6 of 24)
PE FL Barrel Kit
Spire 200
Ninja Sl 68/45
FriendlyFire OG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 11:26 AM #38
bmoney003
187 cRew it's Murda!!

bmoney003 is a Professional paintball player
 plays in the NXL
So....I act like ita not my first time hitting a home run or pulling off a 1 v 3 and go about my business without banging my chest or dumping my loader and I don’t care?

Seems a little one sided

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG T25 View Post
EXACTLY MY POINT I WAS TRYING TO MAKE! Everyone has their own celebration which makes them there own individual. If you don't get pumped or celebrate after making a good play then idk why your even playing any sport.

Another example: Every time a guy in the MLB hits a home run he does the bat flip and rounds the bases. Not just Big Papi, or Mike trout but every guy does it. Even in the lower divisions.

Gives the audience a show and shows pride that you care about accomplishing a goal no matter how small or big it might be.
Old 01-22-2020, 02:41 PM #39
Kazer

Kazer is playing at Living Legends VIII
Kazer supports DLX Technology
Kazer supports DLX Technology
I want to see the passion personally - its one of the biggest reasons I like watching NYX.
Kazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 07:02 PM #40
autodoc

autodoc plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
autodoc owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
autodoc plays in the APPA D2 division
autodoc owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazer View Post
I want to see the passion personally - its one of the biggest reasons I like watching NYX.
Not trying to start anything or be derogatory

Passion or showmanship? I think most of us that play tournament paintball have a lot of passion.

Last edited by autodoc : 01-22-2020 at 07:04 PM.
autodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 08:53 PM #41
drei-eins
chuckoslovakia

Still rocking my 2003 NYX Matrix, glad to see this team is still playing.

NYX Battleship Grey Matrix #99
OG Texas Storm Intimidator
REGENCY CROME 2
drei-eins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 12:37 AM #42
lawf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samrog777 View Post
Still have to wear KLRs tho Still wondering when HK is going to come out with a better mask
they've been working on one for at least 2 years now

Quote:

Actually they don't unless they are trying to be disrespectful. Bat flips often cause baseball "fights" aka 50 dudes mosh pitting lol
lawf is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.