theofficialPBNtroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by (dr) View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oc_rage View Post
Oh so guys don't go to Impact to win.

Noted.

lmfao clown.
Ya because they were winning so much when Fuzzy decided to go over for money.

People went to Dynasty because they knew they would win and get money, people to go Impact because they get the money up front.
Who went to dynasty for money?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-30-2021, 07:18 PM #23
(dr)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor the great View Post
No one that I know of. Not direct money at least. I think guys would go for the honor to play for the best and the promise of winning and making some cash. It was almost a sure thing back then.

On impact they literally go for the cash upfront. That's my point I was arguing with that dude.

You can say Fuzzy went to Impact to win but it's actually because they offered to pay him and he wasn't gonna stay on AC and make nothing to play for a douchebag. Impact wasn't winning when he joined the team.
(dr) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 08:07 PM #24
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll

Quote:
Quote:
No one that I know of. Not direct money at least. I think guys would go for the honor to play for the best and the promise of winning and making some cash. It was almost a sure thing back then.

On impact they literally go for the cash upfront. That's my point I was arguing with that dude.

You can say Fuzzy went to Impact to win but it's actually because they offered to pay him and he wasn't gonna stay on AC and make nothing to play for a douchebag. Impact wasn't winning when he joined the team.
Ya but xball cash between 15 players at that time isn’t really worth it. 7 man was where they made most of their money. I think Matt Jackson’s impact move was probably heavily motivated for wins, where as guys like Arod and kyle, they’re more money driven
Old 07-01-2021, 12:43 AM #25
Oc_rage
Guess who's back?

Oc_rage is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
They've been offering him a spot for over 2+ years. He finally got sick of losing on AC Dallas, went to a winning organization to win his first pro event. He owns his own business and does fine, he didn't go to Impact for a paycheck.

keep on clownin clown.
Old 07-02-2021, 05:57 AM #26
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?

Annual Supporting Member
tweeter4 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
tweeter4 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Ya but xball cash between 15 players at that time isnít really worth it. 7 man was where they made most of their money. I think Matt Jacksonís impact move was probably heavily motivated for wins, where as guys like Arod and kyle, theyíre more money driven
Prize winnings had nothing to do with making money or not in the mid 2000s

The sponsorship and partnership money back then was insane. Between 3 sponsors alone, XSV was getting 300K in support, and all their little sponsors and their gear company gave them a budget north of $500k for a few years.

How did XSV not poach? Their entire roster was literally players that Micah poached from top teams of the time to even put the team together. He got money together from sponsors, and bought players away from their programs with some small "friend" discounts given.

Dynasty was getting insane sponsorship dollars. In a 1-2 year period the sponsors paid out more than they have made in prize winnings in the last 21 seasons combined. Around 2004-2006 range.

How did Dynasty not poach? There was a period in the mid 2000s that they literally just signed any player they possibly could to hurt the teams around them. In 2004-2006 they probably shuffled like 40 players through their xball roster. They bought Archie at his youthful prime, theyve historically poached players from Aftermath and Ironmen for like 20 years.

Not saying they dont have that consistent core, but they are not limited to internal only players.

Most companies were making so much money because of their pro team exposure that teams could pay entire salaries of the book just out of a few sponsors.
Old 07-02-2021, 06:00 AM #27
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?

Annual Supporting Member
 plays in the NXL
Quote:
They've been offering him a spot for over 2+ years. He finally got sick of losing on AC Dallas, went to a winning organization to win his first pro event. He owns his own business and does fine, he didn't go to Impact for a paycheck.

keep on clownin clown.
This guy is right ^^ Although I am sure the money offered plays into it. Success on Impact helps him financially in this industry.

I think he was just sick of losing and coming just short with AC. Who knows what Bart is paying him though, do we think he is making as much as Spicka? Who sits on the bench quite a bit? Do the core guys like Cornell, JC, Levial give discounts to stay together? Does Bart just pay everyone 5-10k an event? We just dont know.

But my gut says he went there to win. Imagine spending 4-5 seasons constantly falling one game short. For a guy like him, winning had to have been the main focus IMO.
Old 07-02-2021, 09:08 AM #28
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeter4 View Post
Quote:
Ya but xball cash between 15 players at that time isn’t really worth it. 7 man was where they made most of their money. I think Matt Jackson’s impact move was probably heavily motivated for wins, where as guys like Arod and kyle, they’re more money driven
Prize winnings had nothing to do with making money or not in the mid 2000s

The sponsorship and partnership money back then was insane. Between 3 sponsors alone, XSV was getting 300K in support, and all their little sponsors and their gear company gave them a budget north of $500k for a few years.

How did XSV not poach? Their entire roster was literally players that Micah poached from top teams of the time to even put the team together. He got money together from sponsors, and bought players away from their programs with some small "friend" discounts given.

Dynasty was getting insane sponsorship dollars. In a 1-2 year period the sponsors paid out more than they have made in prize winnings in the last 21 seasons combined. Around 2004-2006 range.

How did Dynasty not poach? There was a period in the mid 2000s that they literally just signed any player they possibly could to hurt the teams around them. In 2004-2006 they probably shuffled like 40 players through their xball roster. They bought Archie at his youthful prime, theyve historically poached players from Aftermath and Ironmen for like 20 years.

Not saying they dont have that consistent core, but they are not limited to internal only players.

Most companies were making so much money because of their pro team exposure that teams could pay entire salaries of the book just out of a few sponsors.
I never said dynasty or xsv didn’t poach. I said XSV didn’t really start poaching until 2005, as they were mostly the ironmen team from the year before. Everyone left the ironmen going into the 04 season to form XSV. All the players dynasty received from aftermath, was after the fact that the team folded in 2010. That’s not poaching, the two teams basically merged after the 2010 season. Other then Brandon short, Danny tiljak and Tyler Michaud, I cant really think of anyone that they necessarily “poached” from other teams. Maybe josh davey? Though I think that move was easy for him. I think Quincy boayes came from bob longs team as well. I really only consider top talent leaving a team for another team for financial reasons or to get some wins, as “poaching,” so I don’t really count blake yarber, or urena or Arturo who all came from amateur teams, or bottom pro teams.

I don’t think Archie joined dynasty for financial reasons, that was during the recession. X factor was having a very bad year in 09. Chad George, again like aftermath, free agent. Same with takemoto. Dynasty has brought up a lot of their own guys from their sister teams in the past though like Ryan martin, kekoa, Mark lack, you can count DalTon as well.
Old 07-02-2021, 12:43 PM #29
camsk8rguy

plays in the NXL
camsk8rguy is an NCPA National Champion
camsk8rguy plays in the APPA D1 division
Quote:

keep on clownin clown.
You are confusing Matt and John in regards to owning his own business.
Old 07-02-2021, 04:42 PM #30
(dr)

Quote:
Not sure what that first comment has to do with anything as those were happening at the same time and used a lot of the same roster. If you got on the team you were almost guaranteed wins, and by proxy, money. Wins on Impact are hardly guaranteed. They have 2 in the last 3 years so far.

Fuzzy could have gone to probably any team with more recent wins, but chose Impact since they pay and had been courting him for awhile.

Quote:

keep on clownin clown.
Nothing besides the first thing you said is accurate. AC Dallas performed quite well in 2019. They had internal issues in 2020, partially due to the rise of Diesel. Also TJ left, that was a huge factor. John, TJ and Fuzz made their pro journey together so once TJ left, AC Dallas was doomed. Had money not been involved, we very well might have seen Fuzzy playing on the Ironmen to at least be with John.

Quote:
Who knows what Bart is paying him though, do we think he is making as much as Spicka? Who sits on the bench quite a bit? Do the core guys like Cornell, JC, Levial give discounts to stay together? Does Bart just pay everyone 5-10k an event? We just dont know.
IMO Fuzz is worth a lot more than all of those guys, with the exception of maybe Cornell. JC and Levial are legacy players that did a lot for the team during the age of the W, but that time has come and gone. Always interesting to see how guys like that and Ronnie/Yaya keep spots on the top teams without getting spins. I imagine there is some scaling back of pay or incentive based on performance. Seems unsustainable to pay them for little production, but then again I have no idea how much money Bart/Sarge have.

Last edited by (dr) : 07-02-2021 at 04:48 PM.
(dr) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 03:53 AM #31
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?

Annual Supporting Member
 plays in the NXL
Quote:
I never said dynasty or xsv didn’t poach. I said XSV didn’t really start poaching until 2005, as they were mostly the ironmen team from the year before. Everyone left the ironmen going into the 04 season to form XSV. All the players dynasty received from aftermath, was after the fact that the team folded in 2010. That’s not poaching, the two teams basically merged after the 2010 season. Other then Brandon short, Danny tiljak and Tyler Michaud, I cant really think of anyone that they necessarily “poached” from other teams. Maybe josh davey? Though I think that move was easy for him. I think Quincy boayes came from bob longs team as well. I really only consider top talent leaving a team for another team for financial reasons or to get some wins, as “poaching,” so I don’t really count blake yarber, or urena or Arturo who all came from amateur teams, or bottom pro teams.

I don’t think Archie joined dynasty for financial reasons, that was during the recession. X factor was having a very bad year in 09. Chad George, again like aftermath, free agent. Same with takemoto. Dynasty has brought up a lot of their own guys from their sister teams in the past though like Ryan martin, kekoa, Mark lack, you can count DalTon as well.
Maybe you werent around at that time, but constant poaching was rampant on those teams and most others. Every month it seemed a new rich guy with deep pockets would get involved with pro paintball and start buying and poaching away players.

How is what you described on XSV not poaching to a T? The Ironmen had two players leave their team, and then those players went out, secured a bunch of funded, then poached away every top player they could from Ironmen, Aftershock, Assassins, and Dogs to form the team.

Tyler Michaud was bought back and forth like 3-4 times in one season between XSV and Dynasty.

Quote:
IMO Fuzz is worth a lot more than all of those guys, with the exception of maybe Cornell. JC and Levial are legacy players that did a lot for the team during the age of the W, but that time has come and gone. Always interesting to see how guys like that and Ronnie/Yaya keep spots on the top teams without getting spins. I imagine there is some scaling back of pay or incentive based on performance. Seems unsustainable to pay them for little production, but then again I have no idea how much money Bart/Sarge have.
Bart and Randy seem like they are willing to pay guys to sit on the bench and avoid playing them. Spicka is a good example in my opinion, he doesnt play nearly as much as he would with other teams, but they seem willing to pay him a fair amount of money to avoid playing him on Dynasty or Ironmen.
Old 07-03-2021, 06:10 PM #32
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll

Quote:
Quote:

Maybe you werent around at that time, but constant poaching was rampant on those teams and most others. Every month it seemed a new rich guy with deep pockets would get involved with pro paintball and start buying and poaching away players.

How is what you described on XSV not poaching to a T? The Ironmen had two players leave their team, and then those players went out, secured a bunch of funded, then poached away every top player they could from Ironmen, Aftershock, Assassins, and Dogs to form the team.

Tyler Michaud was bought back and forth like 3-4 times in one season between XSV and Dynasty.

Quote:
Bart and Randy seem like they are willing to pay guys to sit on the bench and avoid playing them. Spicka is a good example in my opinion, he doesnt play nearly as much as he would with other teams, but they seem willing to pay him a fair amount of money to avoid playing him on Dynasty or Ironmen.
Again for the 3rd time, XSV did not really “poach” until 2005 when they picked up map chim, Greg Hastings, John Richardson, rusty glaze etc. they took very few players in 04, because it was made up of mostly ironmen players at that time. You must be misreading my comments. They took a few players from shock I believe in 04, because they didn’t want to be contracted to the NXL. I don’t remember Tyler bouncing back and forwards like that but I can’t say with confidence that that didn’t happen.
Old 07-04-2021, 04:09 AM #33
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?

Annual Supporting Member
 plays in the NXL
Quote:
Again for the 3rd time, XSV did not really ďpoachĒ until 2005 when they picked up map chim, Greg Hastings, John Richardson, rusty glaze etc. they took very few players in 04, because it was made up of mostly ironmen players at that time. You must be misreading my comments. They took a few players from shock I believe in 04, because they didnít want to be contracted to the NXL. I donít remember Tyler bouncing back and forwards like that but I canít say with confidence that that didnít happen.
No, what Im saying, it that the entire teams base roster was literally built by poaching top players from various teams in late 2003 after Cup to form the team. They offered money and ownership to players to lure them away, and then every season there-after poached players from other programs until they imploded.
Old 07-04-2021, 10:01 AM #34
Cleetus3.0

lol all these comments reassure why paintball is a laughing matter
Cleetus3.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 05:22 AM #35
facemower1211
BDM

facemower1211 supports Team VICIOUS
facemower1211 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Always interesting to see how guys like that and Ronnie/Yaya keep spots on the top teams without getting spins.
YAYA is the team manager. He handles a bunch of stuff for the team. Ronnie gets spins, hes a solid player, but you're not gonna play him over federov or chad.
Old 07-07-2021, 08:53 AM #36
zach peterson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleetus3.0 View Post
lol all these comments reassure why paintball is a laughing matter
how so?
zach peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 11:43 AM #37
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?

Annual Supporting Member
 plays in the NXL
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach peterson View Post
how so?
Don't feed the troll Zach
Old 07-07-2021, 12:08 PM #38
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

firefoxx04 supports Bob Gurnsey
firefoxx04 plays in the APPA D3 division
firefoxx04 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by facemower1211 View Post
YAYA is the team manager. He handles a bunch of stuff for the team. Ronnie gets spins, hes a solid player, but you're not gonna play him over federov or chad.
Ronnie gets sat a lot but I remember him playing lights out in one of their two recent world cup wins. He was playing along side Fedorov, or being rotated in and out with him. Seeing him go head to head with Karslev (sp?) was awesome.

TLDR: Hes a great player, and belongs on the team. If they slimmed down to 7 players I think he would still belong.
firefoxx04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 04:49 AM #39
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?

Annual Supporting Member
 plays in the NXL
Quote:
Originally Posted by firefoxx04 View Post
Ronnie gets sat a lot but I remember him playing lights out in one of their two recent world cup wins. He was playing along side Fedorov, or being rotated in and out with him. Seeing him go head to head with Karslev (sp?) was awesome.

TLDR: Hes a great player, and belongs on the team. If they slimmed down to 7 players I think he would still belong.
In my opinion, Ronnie/Monville/Hyde/Stuart are all kind of redundant at this point. They are injury backups right now and I would be surprised if they continued to stay around. Its not to say they arent really great players, but more along the lines of Heats roster. When are you sitting workhorse players like Fed/Harmon/George/Mishka? Im sure Ronnie is chomping at the bit to play a bunch of points.
Old 07-08-2021, 10:22 AM #40
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll

Quote:
Quote:
Again for the 3rd time, XSV did not really “poach” until 2005 when they picked up map chim, Greg Hastings, John Richardson, rusty glaze etc. they took very few players in 04, because it was made up of mostly ironmen players at that time. You must be misreading my comments. They took a few players from shock I believe in 04, because they didn’t want to be contracted to the NXL. I don’t remember Tyler bouncing back and forwards like that but I can’t say with confidence that that didn’t happen.
No, what Im saying, it that the entire teams base roster was literally built by poaching top players from various teams in late 2003 after Cup to form the team. They offered money and ownership to players to lure them away, and then every season there-after poached players from other programs until they imploded.
They got almost all of the ironmen team. You’re technically right, but I remember Matty on a podcast Saying Telford got demoted from captain, and they all left when (Mcglonagan???? Something like that) said him and rich were going to start XSV with Byron Binini

Last edited by Trevor the great : 07-08-2021 at 10:40 AM.
Trevor the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 11:14 AM #41
paintballer3

paintballer3 helped look for balloons
paintballer3 posts videos on PbNation
Man you people never watched XSV Heros for a day. XSV is the 2003 Ironmen. A majority of the team left after DYE did something after being unhappy with their performance.
paintballer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 01:09 PM #42
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballer3 View Post
Man you people never watched XSV Heros for a day. XSV is the 2003 Ironmen. A majority of the team left after DYE did something after being unhappy with their performance.
I would too if a team like that only won 6 games in the NXL in 03, but split the nppl series title in 02.
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.