The_Southern_Oracle
I'm Dead Sexy!!!

The_Southern_Oracle is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
 is playing at Living Legends XI
The_Southern_Oracle owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
NXL Mid-Atlantic Major Major Issues

https://www.facebook.com/nxlpaintbal...69161559856377

A statement from the President regarding the 2021 NXL Paintball Mid-Atlantic Major :
"To say that the current 2021 NXL Mid-Atlantic Major venue conditions are not ideal would be a huge understatement, as this is not the product that I or the NXL wants to put out. This venue has been supplied by the City of Valley Forge as a permanent home to the NXL and is a huge opportunity for the NXL and Paintball in general moving forward. This will be the first permanent facility in place for events of our size. The city graded the land and had the ground seeded with grass, but unfortunately, the grass has not grown in as we had expected. My mistake was getting excited about the future and not having a good backup for the immediate. We reached out to venues across the area as backups, but all of the venues were booked and unavailable to host an event of our size. Please do not take this as an excuse, the blame is all mine - I chose this location and made the decision to take the chance on the grass growing in time, and it did not.
I feel bad for my staff who have had to work extra hard to prepare and try to mitigate the playing surface and the players who must play in less-than-ideal conditions.
Valley Forge is committed to working with the NXL in making this a world class paintball facility for years to come. The work will start again as soon as we have finished with this current event.
I know I have let the paintball world down and that truly is hard to face, but hopefully you will all give me and the NXL a second chance to earn your trust. We will work hard during the remainder of the season to make this up to you".
- Tom Cole, National Xball League President

FAT BALLERS

Last edited by The_Southern_Oracle : 06-24-2021 at 10:11 AM.
The_Southern_Oracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-22-2021, 11:31 AM #2
TH3J0K3R47

TH3J0K3R47 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
TH3J0K3R47 plays in the MiLP
TH3J0K3R47 plays in the APPA D4 division
They changed the venue from a soccer complex to a unused field without telling anyone.

On facebook the address that was provided on May 5th when they announced registration was open was 560 Royersford Rd. Now it shows 547 Royersford Rd. No announcement was made atleast through the social media posts I looked through.

Google images pulls up a private home with the 547 street number.

I dont believe they had anything worked out with the city. Plans fell through with the complex and they had to improvise.

But people will still show up and the NXL will continue to do this kind of stuff.
TH3J0K3R47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 01:19 PM #3
Noa Bo
Back Center = Bad Back

Annual Supporting Member
Noa Bo plays in the APPA D3 division
I’ve heard from at least one player that I know that they couldn’t attend Philly because of how expensive it was. I wonder what they think now after seeing how the fields look. I also wonder what the players think who did pay to go to this event and will see the field this weekend.
-Operation Paintball [ woodsball and speedball ]
-DBS Pro Shop and Outdoor Field
-Ryan Podesta Gunfightersports.com
-Dye Precision
-Shocker Paintball and DLX Technologies
-Trademygun.com
-Virtue Paintball- Built To Win
https://virtuepb.com/?sca_ref=667267.6PUbRPX1na
-Adrenaline Paintball
2021 Setups Powered with Powerhouse Regs
-Dye DSR, Powerhouse HAYMKR Extended Reg, 68ci Tank, and CTRL Loader. [ speedball ]
-FLE Emek, Powerhouse HAYMKR Reg, 68ci Tank, and Dye Rotor. [ woodsball]
2021 Speedball Team Gunís 4 Hire: Fight Club and Minigunz
Noa Bo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 02:12 PM #4
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll

The PSP (2003-2015) and prior 2009 NPPL was way better then the NXLOL. Man do I miss those days. I feel like it was way more fun back then too. I can’t speak for anyone there, but that dirt looks rough to slide on. I think instead of watching go sports, I’m gonna just watch reruns of PBACCESS and the psp events webcasts
Old 06-22-2021, 02:28 PM #5
inertstatic

inertstatic owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
inertstatic owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
I'm typically an optimist... that being said... I don't think the NXL is going to survive (keep divisional players happy) for much longer if they keep doing this.

They rake in a lot of money, and i do believe they have been trying to improve the webcast side of things. Other needed improvements seem to fall on deaf ears.

Old PBN Feedback:
34/0/0
inertstatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 04:00 PM #6
ADTP28

Kinda sad to hear. You'd think Tom would want updates every week to see how things were progressing.

Props to him for taking full responsibility of it though.
ADTP28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 05:21 PM #7
John-Paintball.Media

Annual Supporting Member
John-Paintball.Media is a Paintball photographer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor the great View Post
The PSP (2003-2015) and prior 2009 NPPL was way better then the NXLOL. Man do I miss those days. I feel like it was way more fun back then too. I canít speak for anyone there, but that dirt looks rough to slide on. I think instead of watching go sports, Iím gonna just watch reruns of PBACCESS and the psp events webcasts
21 degrees in Texas, 3 feet of mud at Mardi Gras, playing on rocks and boulders in Vegas, another mudfest in Texas... this was better than what the NXL has done the past four years?
Old 06-22-2021, 06:10 PM #8
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?

Annual Supporting Member
tweeter4 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
tweeter4 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by John-Paintball.Media View Post
21 degrees in Texas, 3 feet of mud at Mardi Gras, playing on rocks and boulders in Vegas, another mudfest in Texas... this was better than what the NXL has done the past four years?
Its a different world now, surfaces like this can legitimately injure you with how the play style is now.
Old 06-22-2021, 06:44 PM #9
RORplayer44

RORplayer44 is a Supporting Member
RORplayer44 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
RORplayer44 plays in the MiLP
NXL is only there for your money and u stupid mf still keep feeding the machine
Old 06-22-2021, 06:58 PM #10
PBSales

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeter4 View Post
Its a different world now, surfaces like this can legitimately injure you with how the play style is now.

Baseball players can slide in dirt.... but paintball players can't?
Old 06-22-2021, 08:37 PM #11
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll

Quote:
Quote:
The PSP (2003-2015) and prior 2009 NPPL was way better then the NXLOL. Man do I miss those days. I feel like it was way more fun back then too. I can’t speak for anyone there, but that dirt looks rough to slide on. I think instead of watching go sports, I’m gonna just watch reruns of PBACCESS and the psp events webcasts
That was due to natural weather, not man made seeding
Old 06-22-2021, 09:08 PM #12
John-Paintball.Media

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Choice of location/area of the US at the specific time is also planning, is it not?
Old 06-22-2021, 10:53 PM #13
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll

Quote:
Quote:
Choice of location/area of the US at the specific time is also planning, is it not?
I mean, if you want to blame the psp for the rain, or hurricanes, then have at it.
Old 06-23-2021, 06:46 AM #14
John-Paintball.Media

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
I mean, if you want to blame the psp for the rain, or hurricanes, then have at it.
How about the Las Vegas rock and boulder fields?
Old 06-23-2021, 07:04 AM #15
facemower1211
BDM

facemower1211 supports Team VICIOUS
facemower1211 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBSales View Post
Baseball players can slide in dirt.... but paintball players can't?
Just so we are clear, are you trying to compare sliding in a manicured dirt line, to sliding in a messed up field that looks like it has crop lines? Dont do that.

And lets be real, players/teams are paying thousands of dollars to play this event. They deserve better, this is pathetic. There are other places within 5 miles of the location the event is at, that they could have worked something out to host the event. NXL wants to continue with this location because they want or have an agreement for future events.

Last edited by facemower1211 : 06-23-2021 at 07:16 AM.
facemower1211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 07:36 AM #16
Legacy
Tractor Engineer

Legacy is a founding member
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by facemower1211 View Post
Just so we are clear, are you trying to compare sliding in a manicured dirt line, to sliding in a messed up field that looks like it has crop lines? Dont do that.

And lets be real, players/teams are paying thousands of dollars to play this event. They deserve better, this is pathetic. There are other places within 5 miles of the location the event is at, that they could have worked something out to host the event. NXL wants to continue with this location because they want or have an agreement for future events.
You haven't been to many baseball fields have you? I played high school baseball with a rock infield, not ball rock, crushed limestone rock. If I was lucky I got two weeks out of a pair of baseball pants so we practiced in jeans most of the time.

That being said the NXL blew it with this one. For a league that claims to be the top level in the country this is just embarrassing.
Old 06-23-2021, 07:43 AM #17
neweraballer76
40oz Casualty

neweraballer76 plays in the PSP
neweraballer76 supports Team VICIOUS
neweraballer76 plays in the APPA D3 division
The only way this is going to change is either teams need to request refunds in mass or just stop signing up for their events and go else were for paintball. Bunkerfest would have been a perfect way to show the NXL that teams have options but no one wanted to attend. Start selling out your local series where possible.

DIRTLIFE
neweraballer76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 08:09 AM #18
facemower1211
BDM

facemower1211 supports Team VICIOUS
facemower1211 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
You haven't been to many baseball fields have you? I played high school baseball with a rock infield, not ball rock, crushed limestone rock. If I was lucky I got two weeks out of a pair of baseball pants so we practiced in jeans most of the time.

That being said the NXL blew it with this one. For a league that claims to be the top level in the country this is just embarrassing.
I've played baseball/softball my whole life. It was my assumption that he was referencing a higher level of play, since we are talking about paying thousands of dollars to play one event, not high school sports that you're not paying to play with the exception of your equipment. Ive seen plenty of really nice highschool fields also, but still the same applies. We are paying to play these tournaments, they arent cheap either. When we would play softball tournaments, we would pay a few hundred dollars and the baselines were sifted and graded, and the fields would be pretty good. Some people actually give a damn about the people that pay to play their tournaments (regardless of sport), and some people dont. In my opinion, the NXL with the way they tend to do some things, dont appear to care.

Last edited by facemower1211 : 06-23-2021 at 08:48 AM.
facemower1211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 09:17 AM #19
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll

Quote:
Quote:
How about the Las Vegas rock and boulder fields?
Was the psp so good, that you seriously had to go all the way back to 2006? That’s pretty impressive. I wasn’t there, so I can’t speak on it.

Turf looks ok from what I can tell.

https://youtu.be/F4qmTJVRotQ

Last edited by Trevor the great : 06-23-2021 at 09:23 AM.
Trevor the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 10:21 AM #20
dubv187
Inglewood

dubv187 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dubv187 is an NCPA player
Quote:

What is so offensive about legitimately criticizing the NXL? No "what about this or that". Saying "my b" and doing nothing to rectify the mistake to the customers isn't really owning up to it.
Old 06-23-2021, 10:32 AM #21
midman112
Lawd Oh Lawd

midman112 plays in the MiLP
midman112 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
midman112 supports Team VICIOUS
midman112 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by facemower1211 View Post
I've played baseball/softball my whole life. It was my assumption that he was referencing a higher level of play, since we are talking about paying thousands of dollars to play one event, not high school sports that you're not paying to play with the exception of your equipment. Ive seen plenty of really nice highschool fields also, but still the same applies. We are paying to play these tournaments, they arent cheap either. When we would play softball tournaments, we would pay a few hundred dollars and the baselines were sifted and graded, and the fields would be pretty good. Some people actually give a damn about the people that pay to play their tournaments (regardless of sport), and some people dont. In my opinion, the NXL with the way they tend to do some things, dont appear to care.
When people are paying that much money, regardless of sport, the expectation should be that the field of play is in good condition at an absolute bare minimum. With the amount of money the NXL brings in there is absolutely no excuse that those fields were not sodded instead of using plugs in "the hope" they would spread by the time of the event.

On the subject of dirt, I can tell just by looking at the video that has been posted to social media that the dirt is extremely hard packed. Hard to know if it was tilled or even dragged with a hard tined rake to break up the soil before they planted those plugs but I can tell you it makes it damn hard for that grass to spread in soil that compacted. This is also completely different than what you would see on even a modestly kept baseball infield which is a mixture of dirt and calcined clay on top of a hard packed dirt bed that is made to allow for the adequate drainage of water and for players to slide easily across the surface.

tldr;- NXL screwed up, got caught and they don't care. Someone is going to get hurt trying to slide across this crap.
Pr1me Nick Hall #7
midman112 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.