tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
tweeter4 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
tweeter4 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
NXL Sunshine State Major E1 Discussion and News

Day one of the first NXL major of the season has finished and as we prepare for Day Two there are some major storylines of interest to follow.

Dynasty goes 0-2 on Day One with a Weakened Lineup

The biggest surprise of Day One saw defending World Champions Dynasty drop games to both Thunder and Aftermath, which was shocking considering most figured both of those teams to struggle early this season. With an injured Ryan Greenspan on the sidelines, we are seeing the first real test of the new Dynasty core. Arturo has struggled greatly as the Snake 1 player and is consistently making poor decisions. Tyler Harmon looks surprisingly off and has struggled to make major penetration on the dorito side. Marcello has looked phenomenal but it hasnt been enough so far. This is the first event in a long time we have seen Ryan on the sidelines, and the impact of one of the best players on Earth being off the field is evident. During the Aftermath match you could hear Marcello audibly frustrated with Tyler and rookie Grayson Gladstone, after they dropped a crucial point after Marcello made a brilliant move with no support.

Thunder goes 2-0 on Day One and surprises everyone.

Maybe even more interesting than the Dynasty 0-2 start has been Thunder. They have looked nothing short of dominant and this layout fits their style to a T. Corey Field has won multiple 1v1 situations and is looking at his best since the old days of the NPPL and Naughty Dogs. Could this be the event that we see Thunder emerge after a multi-year hibernation?

As expected we saw the major programs continue their dominance.

All the major programs started their prelims 2-0. Impact, XFactor, Red Legion, and Damage all came out looking nothing short of dominant. All four of these teams will be shoe-ins for Sunday and we are tooling up to see an incredible day two matchup of Factor vs. Impact, and Damage vs. Legion. Both of these games will have huge implications on Sunday paintball, and for us fans, it gives us highly competitive games in the prelims among some of the best teams in the world.

Infamous looked really good in both their games

Infamous found ways to hold off both AC Diesel and the Ironmen in both matches, with a weak day two schedule they could potentially be looking at 4-0 for the prelims. They added a few key players in the offseason to really inject more youth into the program and those talented young players combined with the veteran backline presense of Kali, Thomas Taylor, and Cody Mickowski has Infamous looking like a contender for the top spot.

Mike Hinman shines in return to the pro league coaching Aftermath.

After watching his program Aftermath fail for years after handing the reins over to John Ianucchi and seeing it be slowly turned into a laughing stock, Hinman took over his origin team and rebuilt the roster from the ground up. Key additions such as Thomas Kim, and Joe Barrett has shown that this team is ready to compete on Sunday. They had a strong match against LVL to stamp their name onto this new season, followed up by a shocking 2-1 win over Dynasty. Will they continue to stretch into Saturday and go 4-0? It could be difficult but we should see an awesome game between Aftermath and Thunder Saturday afternoon as both battle for the top seed in the bracket.

ac Dallas struggles as expected.

After one of the most consistent runs we have seen over the last 5 seasons, AC Dallas imploded after the 2020 World Cup and have come into the new season with a completely new roster. They didnt have a single starter from any of the past 5 seasons return. They picked up the entire Division 3 roster of PB Fit and many speculated that Greg Paulie would work his magic with this young core. That speculation has quickly become a nightmare as they have been visibly outmatched by all the players they have faced so far. They were thrown into the fire on Day 1 with matchups against Damage and Red Legion, where they were completely destroyed by both programs. We will see how they react for Day 2 of the event but it isn't looking good for this young and inexperienced squad.

Last edited by tweeter4 : 05-01-2021 at 05:34 PM.
tweeter4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-01-2021, 06:35 AM #2
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?

Annual Supporting Member
 plays in the NXL
Reserved for Day 2
Old 05-01-2021, 06:35 AM #3
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?

Annual Supporting Member
 plays in the NXL
Reserved for Sunday Finals
Old 05-01-2021, 09:02 AM #4
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll

Don’t be surprised if aftermath turns out to be a top 5 team this year, they practiced every weekend since January 1st.

Corey field has always been a phenomenal player, thunder looks great.

Heat is still sucking, not sure what’s going on with them

I don’t think dynasty had a full team practice until the middle of April. Blake is injured, Ryan is sidelined and rusty and dalton aren’t there. Honestly That team needs to rebuild with younger guys, I think they used what ever left they had in the gas tank at World Cup last year, because with Ryan injured, blake and marcelos bad knees, yosh and Alex stepping in aren’t cutting it, they hardly play anymore.

Impact looks phenomenal, look for them to win the event. Looks like buying all the golden barrel winners is going to pay off for them. I’ll get my puke bucket ready, I think we’re in for a nauseating year.
Old 05-01-2021, 09:16 AM #5
Legacy
Tractor Engineer

Legacy is a founding member
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Infamous so far has really impressed me with their two wins on Friday.

Aftermath has looked good but that shouldn’t be a surprise with as much work as they’ve put in since Hinman took the team back. Hopefully I can find some time to watch this afternoon.
Old 05-01-2021, 10:09 AM #6
(dr)

TBH when I heard Dalton wasn't coming and Rusty isn't coaching anymore, I knew Dynasty was done. Then having no greenspan...That's like the heart of their team.

Unless they get those guys back and maybe Ollie or someone to fill the hole left by kemp, I don't see them winning again. It hurts to say that but I'm just being honest.

It was awesome to see AC win a game in their first tourney with the pbfit guys. That field is the real deal and produces the best divisional pb in Texas hands down.

No idea who ends up in the finals on this tourney though so many top teams are kicking ***. I'm hoping Infamous can keep it up.
(dr) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 10:18 AM #7
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?

Annual Supporting Member
 plays in the NXL
Harrison Frye with the move of the event so far pulling off a 1v3 to hold the lead and win the match.
Old 05-01-2021, 11:02 AM #8
dannypizza

Russians having only 6 (only 5 spinning, the other player was from their US d3 line last year, haven't seen him play). Think they should spin somotrov or Malloy d side. Although mike waring is playing well
dannypizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 11:06 AM #9
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?

Annual Supporting Member
 plays in the NXL
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannypizza View Post
Russians having only 6 (only 5 spinning, the other player was from their US d3 line last year, haven't seen him play). Think they should spin somotrov or Malloy d side. Although mike waring is playing well
Jason spends a lot of time in Russia with the team and he was with them all of last season. Pretty sure he is a solid player.
Old 05-01-2021, 11:17 AM #10
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannypizza View Post
What’s going on with the Russians that can’t make it? Is it covid related?
Old 05-01-2021, 01:05 PM #11
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?

Annual Supporting Member
 plays in the NXL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor the great View Post
Whatís going on with the Russians that canít make it? Is it covid related?
Legion normally only carried 7 or 8. 3 were unable to come due to travel and quarantine restrictions. Adding Waring gave them essentially the 5th body they needed to even play
Old 05-01-2021, 05:45 PM #12
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll

Wow, aftermath, dynasty, revo and thunder all make Sunday. That’s 4 teams from one bracket, I don’t think I’ve ever seen that before
Old 05-01-2021, 05:52 PM #13
dye4lifepaintball

LVL was frustrating to watch. It’s been a while since I’ve seen a team throw away so many points like they did. Ironman looked really off which is disappointing. I thought after Vegas last year they were finally going to be a top tier team again. I think Thunder has to be the biggest surprise so far. They have looked really good. Damage and Impact looked the strongest in my opinion. They’re my picks.

What happened to AC Dallas to make such a huge roster shake up?
dye4lifepaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 05:54 PM #14
Noa Bo
Back Center = Bad Back

Annual Supporting Member
Noa Bo plays in the APPA D3 division
What happened to Federov?

Thunder 4-0, love it. Adam Gomez = Human Torch. They play Russian Legion tomorrow. Hopefully the low roster effects RL’s performance, I really want to see Thunder go far and win it all.

I called Impact winning the event. Leival looking vintage.
-Operation Paintball [ woodsball and speedball ]
-DBS Pro Shop and Outdoor Field
-Ryan Podesta Gunfightersports.com
-Dye Precision
-Shocker Paintball and DLX Technologies
-Trademygun.com
-Virtue Paintball- Built To Win
https://virtuepb.com/?sca_ref=667267.6PUbRPX1na
-Adrenaline Paintball
2021 Setups Powered with Powerhouse Regs
-Dye DSR, Powerhouse HAYMKR Extended Reg, 68ci Tank, and CTRL Loader. [ speedball ]
-FLE Emek, Powerhouse HAYMKR Reg, 68ci Tank, and Dye Rotor. [ woodsball]
2021 Speedball Team Gunís 4 Hire: Fight Club and Minigunz
Noa Bo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 05:57 PM #15
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?

Annual Supporting Member
 plays in the NXL
Quote:
Originally Posted by dye4lifepaintball View Post
LVL was frustrating to watch. Itís been a while since Iíve seen a team throw away so many points like they did. Ironman looked really off which is disappointing. I thought after Vegas last year they were finally going to be a top tier team again. I think Thunder has to be the biggest surprise so far. They have looked really good. Damage and Impact looked the strongest in my opinion. Theyíre my picks.

I agree, but it is important to remember that LVL is still young and they are a pretty tight core that is doing a lot of things well. I think they will be paced well by the end of the season and be a legitimate threat.

AC Dallas had their entire core leave. The rumor is the Jackson brothers were fatigued with how there was a lack of consistent attackers to place around them, and they were tired of getting close but never winning. The other part to the rumor is that the players were tired of the Jackson brothers running everything and being the final voice on all team matters and identity.
Old 05-01-2021, 06:05 PM #16
dye4lifepaintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeter4 View Post
I agree, but it is important to remember that LVL is still young and they are a pretty tight core that is doing a lot of things well. I think they will be paced well by the end of the season and be a legitimate threat.

AC Dallas had their entire core leave. The rumor is the Jackson brothers were fatigued with how there was a lack of consistent attackers to place around them, and they were tired of getting close but never winning. The other part to the rumor is that the players were tired of the Jackson brothers running everything and being the final voice on all team matters and identity.
I agree. Iím definitely a fan of the team and I feel like they a lot of potential. The execution this event was bad though. Theyíd make great moves and then just throw it away it seems. They are a lot better than what the scores show. You could see there frustration at times too and it really seemed to get them down. I hope they rebound and kill it next event.

I didnít hear a whole lot about where they went. I think the Jacksonís went to Impact right? I know another went to Diesel.
dye4lifepaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 06:07 PM #17
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?

Annual Supporting Member
 plays in the NXL
Quote:
LVL was frustrating to watch. Itís been a while since Iíve seen a team throw away so many points like they did. Ironman looked really off which is disappointing. I thought after Vegas last year they were finally going to be a top tier team again. I think Thunder has to be the biggest surprise so far. They have looked really good. Damage and Impact looked the strongest in my opinion. Theyíre my picks.

Quote:
I agree. Iím definitely a fan of the team and I feel like they a lot of potential. The execution this event was bad though. Theyíd make great moves and then just throw it away it seems. They are a lot better than what the scores show. You could see there frustration at times too and it really seemed to get them down. I hope they rebound and kill it next event.

I didnít hear a whole lot about where they went. I think the Jacksonís went to Impact right? I know another went to Diesel.

BJ went to the sister team Diesel. John went to Ironmen, Matt went to Impact, TJ Danner went to Xfactor and Ryan Hall went to Infamous
Old 05-01-2021, 06:22 PM #18
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noa Bo View Post
What happened to Federov?

Thunder 4-0, love it. Adam Gomez = Human Torch. They play Russian Legion tomorrow. Hopefully the low roster effects RL’s performance, I really want to see Thunder go far and win it all.

I called Impact winning the event. Leival looking vintage.
I agree with this comment but I hope impact loses. I love watching team owners break their bank and then lose, but I think impact is looking unbeatable right now. For real, where’s Federov? I’m guessing covid restrictions? Legion is missing a few due to That. I haven’t seen K fed step on the field once. And I’m calling it now, Seattle thunder to win the event! (Jk): ...(maybe).
Old 05-01-2021, 06:50 PM #19
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?

Annual Supporting Member
 plays in the NXL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor the great View Post
I agree with this comment but I hope impact loses. I love watching team owners break their bank and then lose, but I think impact is looking unbeatable right now. For real, whereís Federov? Iím guessing covid restrictions? Legion is missing a few due to That. I havenít seen K fed step on the field once. And Iím calling it now, Seattle thunder to win the event! (Jk): ...(maybe).
KFed lives in Russia and couldn't risk the quarantine requirements with his family that are in place. (from IG DM). Some of the guys on Legion and Heat have non-paintball jobs they and cant risk their ability to work.
Old 05-01-2021, 07:35 PM #20
neweraballer76
40oz Casualty

neweraballer76 plays in the PSP
neweraballer76 supports Team VICIOUS
neweraballer76 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeter4 View Post

I also heard that some of the guys got tired of all of the infighting.

DIRTLIFE
neweraballer76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 10:12 PM #21
Paul77
Can't find my old account

Annual Supporting Member
Paul77 supports DLX Technology
have the wild card spots been posted anywhere?