ReplyNews Ups

Old 12-20-2018, 12:37 AM #22
LCWRM1K3
Larson

plays in the NXL
LCWRM1K3 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
LCWRM1K3 plays in the APPA D2 division
LCWRM1K3 supports DLX Technology
Love to see more 10 man and an actual payout in this case unlike normall NXL 10 man events.
Win world cup have entry be 650 more then payout and then have to buy rings for 1/3rd of your team.

NOOBIES
LCWRM1K3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-20-2018, 01:17 AM #23
VPB-ChristianW
Virtue Paintball

VPB-ChristianW works for a Paintball manufacturer
VPB-ChristianW donated to help Peyton Trent
Not sure if it's been mentioned/discussed, but the points cap makes a lot of sense even for the NXL division.

It forces teams to look at younger "underrated" players and moves them up. It reduces the poaching effect of massive resources.

One of the many things this sport needs is more talent getting pulled into the pro ranks on funded teams.

A points cap means Impact has to make decisions about who is worth it vs overrated on their roster and who is underrated on others.

Ironically (intentionally?) Impacts roster changes already forshadow this.

But that's an side to this classic paintball division. It's really exciting. What we need is more paintball events getting more people involved, particularly at the field level. And this does exactly that.

Weekend warrior path of progression from birthday parties to tournaments is restored if we can do several years of this.

facebook.com/virtuepb.us
VPB-ChristianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 03:15 AM #24
Rob.Phifer

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by txfire01 View Post
Kinda silly IMO that lower level NXL pro teams could field their entire squad and top teams could probably only roster 6 or 7 guys and be forced to mix in d2 or lower players.

Maybe it should be called the "Not Very Good Professional Division"

Did having solid pro teams register for ICC deter others from signing up or did it add to the experience?

I don't think it will be as exciting for players to say "We just beat half of Impact and some other guys on the mounds field..."
Agree 100%

This rule only makes sense to me if it was also being implemented in the NXL.

Otherwise are teams like X-Factor going to have to maintain and field 2 different lineups for NXL and Classic events? That seems unfun.

Just do what the ICC does. It works so well. Let people play with their friends regardless of how good they are.
Rob.Phifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 05:28 AM #25
Intern1

Intern1 owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
Intern1 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Intern1 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
No one will say that. They'll say, "we beat Impact." Because they did.

In no world is Boom equal to Xfactor (even though they are both pro teams) and it doesn't look like Boom will catch up soon. I still say we bring back Champs and Challengers so we can watch similarly matched teams play each other for the full event. That was the most exciting paintball I've ever watched.

Honestly, I wouldn't hate to see a points cap like this in the NXL eventually. A salary cap isn't practical, but a points cap would mean pro teams couldn't buy/hoard/bench the best talent. Maybe they could even do some sort of higher cap for teams that came up together, won together and didn't poach/add players.

I agree that we should have a challengers and champs system like before, but the NXL doesn't want that. Since this is an NXL league as well the pros should be weighted the same. If the NXL thinks boom has just as much right to be in the xball pro backet as xfactor than this league shouldn't be any different.

Intern1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 07:57 AM #26
JOESPUD27
Merc

JOESPUD27 is playing at Living Legends III
 is playing at Living Legends XI
JOESPUD27 owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Quote:
I still say we bring back Champs and Challengers so we can watch similarly matched teams play each other for the full event. That was the most exciting paintball I've ever watched.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob.Phifer View Post

Just do what the ICC does. It works so well. Let people play with their friends regardless of how good they are.
JOESPUD27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 08:10 AM #27
Legacy
Tractor Engineer

Legacy is a founding member
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by VPB-ChristianW View Post
Not sure if it's been mentioned/discussed, but the points cap makes a lot of sense even for the NXL division.

It forces teams to look at younger "underrated" players and moves them up. It reduces the poaching effect of massive resources.

One of the many things this sport needs is more talent getting pulled into the pro ranks on funded teams.

A points cap means Impact has to make decisions about who is worth it vs overrated on their roster and who is underrated on others.

Ironically (intentionally?) Impacts roster changes already forshadow this.

But that's an side to this classic paintball division. It's really exciting. What we need is more paintball events getting more people involved, particularly at the field level. And this does exactly that.

Weekend warrior path of progression from birthday parties to tournaments is restored if we can do several years of this.

I hadn't really thought about any of the point you made before now but there is some great stuff there. Since most pro's don't get paid you can't really impose a salary cap but that APPA points cap for your team would go a long ways towards parity in the pro division.

On your last point, I have been saying the same thing about the weekend warrior to pro path for a while around here. It used to be 20 years ago you'd grab two buddies and go play a local 3 man centerflag tournament and that how tournament paintball started for damn near everybody. That game was really close to what you played as a rec player, the competition was a bit better and guys were shooting cockers and mags that didn't shoot a lot faster than your Spyder or Tippmann. Now fast forward to now that gap between a rec game and a D5 tournament game is enormous and I think the sport is loosing players because of that. I think this traditional format series will go a long way towards fixing the gap.
Old 12-20-2018, 08:35 AM #28
SilentBall55

SilentBall55 owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
So this new league limits only to mechs or is electros allowed but capped to 5.5bps?
SilentBall55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 08:38 AM #29
natexcarr
Doesn't need friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentBall55 View Post
So this new league limits only to mechs or is electros allowed but capped to 5.5bps?
That is accurate. Also, welcome out from under the rock you've been living beneath for the last two years!
natexcarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 08:54 AM #30
SilentBall55

SilentBall55 owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
Quote:
Originally Posted by natexcarr View Post
That is accurate. Also, welcome out from under the rock you've been living beneath for the last two years!
what rock?

With that type of rule, a Gmek would be better over a 160R capped at 5.5bps. I can shoot a Gmek over 7bps consistently easily.

The only advantage with a capped electro is fingers don't get tire and the 5.5bps is there during the whole game. Whereas in a mech gun, you get tired and your rate of fire really drops.
SilentBall55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 09:02 AM #31
natexcarr
Doesn't need friends

Quote:
what rock?

With that type of rule, a Gmek would be better over a 160R capped at 5.5bps. I can shoot a Gmek over 7bps consistently easily.

The only advantage with a capped electro is fingers don't get tire and the 5.5bps is there during the whole game. Whereas in a mech gun, you get tired and your rate of fire really drops.
I think you've hit the nail right on the head there. Mech guns can achieve higher than 5.5bps, but it's not sustainable. The ease of use of the electros is why the cap is as low as it is, imo.
natexcarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 09:03 AM #32
VPB-ChristianW
Virtue Paintball

VPB-ChristianW works for a Paintball manufacturer
VPB-ChristianW donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
what rock?

True. But neither of them has a back block.
Ka-chunk-Ka-chunk-Ka-chunk-Ka-chunk-Ka-chunk-Ka-chunk-Ka-chunk-Ka-chunk-Ka-chunk-Ka-chunk...

facebook.com/virtuepb.us
VPB-ChristianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 09:40 AM #33
Old-Soul

5.5 electros also have the benefit of eyes.
Old 12-20-2018, 10:08 AM #34
ChuckLove

ChuckLove owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ChuckLove owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
This is so awesome! What us mech guys have been waiting for!
Old 12-20-2018, 10:10 AM #35
NTran

Annual Supporting Member
NTran is a Professional paintball player
NTran plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
NTran plays in the APPA D2 division
Quote:
what rock?

The league, generally, wants everyone to shoot a mechanical marker.

In order to be more inclusive to people that play tournament paintball these days, electronic markers are allowed with restrictions because there's a good portion of players that don't have mechs.

I am sure if the competitive mech population grows large enough for this league, then there will be a point that it will be mech only. It's just not there yet to be sustainable.
Fox 4 Darkside - ICPL

RIP Upton187 cRew
NTran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 10:42 AM #36
rdny
Rodney Squires

rdny is a Supporting Member
rdny is a Professional paintball player
rdny donated to help Peyton Trent
Hey now I like this. Makes all the pros relevant again. The woods is a different dynamic then Airball. The teams of old OG Ironmen, Aftershock, All Americans had players of all ages and sizes. The X-ball teams of today are built around quickness and preparing a player by running them to the same corner 80 times over a weekend. 10-man different game. Your team needs players that can think on their toes and coordinate moves with multi people at the same time. Your need many types of players to help your team.
rdny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 10:56 AM #37
Pump Scout
New gun,old gun,whatever

Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is a Mega Moderator
Pump Scout is a Supporting Member
Pump Scout is BST Legit
Pump Scout owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek MG100
Pump Scout is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Soul View Post
5.5 electros also have the benefit of eyes.
Sure, but the only time I've ever chopped with my Resurrection was the day the board in my very early production Z2 had (unknown to me) fried most of the way out. Still functioned but drove everything slow. With most loaders these days, eyes are almost redundant... even at the ROF of "normal" tournament play.
Pump Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 11:26 AM #38
Old-Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pump Scout View Post
Sure, but the only time I've ever chopped with my Resurrection was the day the board in my very early production Z2 had (unknown to me) fried most of the way out. Still functioned but drove everything slow. With most loaders these days, eyes are almost redundant... even at the ROF of "normal" tournament play.
Not disagreeing, just pointing out another reason for the 5.5 limit (which I'm totally fine with).

I still run into issues as to me a 'cocker doesn't look right without a revvy haha. But when I do run a rotor it's pretty foolproof.
Old 12-20-2018, 11:35 AM #39
Legacy
Tractor Engineer

Legacy is a founding member
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Soul View Post
Not disagreeing, just pointing out another reason for the 5.5 limit (which I'm totally fine with).

I still run into issues as to me a 'cocker doesn't look right without a revvy haha. But when I do run a rotor it's pretty foolproof.
You know if you made everybody run a revvy it would probably do just about the same thing as limiting the rate of fire in the software.

I had to put a spire on my cocker with a gunfighter frame because it just wouldn't keep up.
Old 12-20-2018, 11:46 AM #40
John
Administrator

Annual Supporting Member
John is an Administrator
 is playing at Living Legends XI
John supports Empire
John is All In
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
You know if you made everybody run a revvy it would probably do just about the same thing as limiting the rate of fire in the software.

I had to put a spire on my cocker with a gunfighter frame because it just wouldn't keep up.
Aside from then mech guns would be more likely to chop since they don't have eyes.

Plus, part of the genius of the 5.5 bps rule is that people don't have to go out and buy new gear. They can use what they own.
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 11:58 AM #41
custommatt

custommatt is a Professional paintball player
custommatt supports Team VICIOUS
I'm ok with anything Mech! That being said I don't think the points thing is the best idea. I love playing against everyone at all levels. I thought it was awesome to see full teams like acdallas and xfactor at ICC. It builds up for a great story when lower rank guys are pumped when they can say they shot Tj Danner or I shot Archie. I think that stuff is good for paintball.

Matt Sossoman #85
Omaha VICIOUS

FARSIDE
GI SPORTZ
http://www.inceptiondesigns.com/
custommatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 12:21 PM #42
Pump Scout
New gun,old gun,whatever

Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is a Mega Moderator
Pump Scout is a Supporting Member
Pump Scout is BST Legit
Pump Scout owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek MG100
Pump Scout is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Plus, part of the genius of the 5.5 bps rule is that people don't have to go out and buy new gear. They can use what they own.
Ah, thanks for the reminder - I need to see about getting a 5.5 setting on my Axe.
Pump Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.