Legacy
Tractor Engineer

Legacy is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor the great View Post
I hope Astra wins.I want two leagues again. Or the NXL collapse. I Liked the psp Way better.
The NXL will never get better if somebody like this isn't pushing them to get better.
Advertisement
Old 07-14-2021, 12:10 PM #44
Justin Mason
www.ProPaintball.com

Justin Mason is an NCPA National Champion
Quote:
Originally Posted by John-Paintball.Media View Post
If a media company admits they are trying to help grow an event, while at the same time, making negative claims against the "other" people running a tournament, it's clearly a conflict of interest.

Also, GI holds no ownership stake in the NXL anymore....
Hey John, your welcome to publish your take on the timelines and events. We would all be happy to read it.

ProPaintball.com doesn't make the story up - we just do our best to validate the information we are provided, verify the timelines and put the info out there for the community to judge. In this case we tried to offer constructive feedback as well. We want to see the NXL succeed - we want to see Professional Paintball become a reality - and we want to see MORE people playing paintball, irregardless of if they compete in a series or play walk-on. Testing out various format changes, marketing strategies, and prize incentives are all good efforts in our eyes. That is why we support the Astra concept. Its not because its "anti-NXL" as is being suggested. Frankly, I don't see the NXL and Astra as competitors. If anything this could be more of a test bed for potential 2022 series tweaks and adjustments.

For what its worth - ProPaintball.com actively supports the NXL as well. Financially speaking, all of our current writers have competed in the 2021 NXL series..can any other paintball media group say the same?

In addition to actively competing in the NXL, we also create content around the series. A recent example of this was our team writing the daily event recaps for MAO. The NXL used those recaps on NXLPaintball.com and shared them to followers via social media. For transparency, there was no money exchanged. This was just us actively supporting paintball and being fans of the teams.

Take a look at the content we have on ProPaintball.com. In addition to regular NXL team coverage and player movements, we regularly promote various events and cover happenings with the league. Free of charge. No dollars exchanged. Nothing asked of the NXL. Just us doing it because we like paintball and want to create a better community.

Again, we are not "against" the NXL. We wrote one article that tied together various timelines and activities and provided constructive feedback. We put this out for public discussion. Sorry if anyone's feelings got hurt, that wasn't the intent. Rather than be sour, lets grow a tougher skin and get back to making paintball better.

RIP Matt Dawson #58

"John is the new “official PBN Troll”" - Trevor the great

Last edited by Justin Mason : 07-14-2021 at 12:37 PM.
Justin Mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 12:28 PM #45
John-Paintball.Media

Annual Supporting Member
John-Paintball.Media is a Paintball photographer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Mason View Post
ProPaintball.com supports the NXL as well. Financially speaking, all of our current writers have competed in the 2021 NXL series..not sure what other media group can say the same.

In addition to participating in the NXL, we also create content around the series. A recent example of this was our team writing the daily event recaps. The NXL used the recaps on NXLPaintball.com and shared them to followers via social media.

Take a look at the content we have on the website. In addition to team coverage, player movements, we regularly promote various events and cover happenings with the league.
Hey Justin - I've followed ProPaintball.com from the beginning and I take the side that more media is good for the game. I've never had a problem with ProPaintball.com. That said, I'm not a huge fan of the way this issue was handled. But that's your business and your call...

As for your contributors playing in the NXL, I don't think that is an issue good or bad. I don't see ESPN writers or MLB.com writers playing pro football or baseball. And I think what's left of the various media groups that cover the NXL have played high-level competitive paintball at one time or another.

John
Old 07-14-2021, 12:36 PM #46
Justin Mason
www.ProPaintball.com

Justin Mason is an NCPA National Champion
Double post. Hit post instead of preview. John, pm'ing you to give you a chance to respond to full post. Thx

RIP Matt Dawson #58

"John is the new “official PBN Troll”" - Trevor the great
Justin Mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 01:05 PM #47
John-Paintball.Media

Annual Supporting Member
John-Paintball.Media is a Paintball photographer
Quote:
Double post. Hit post instead of preview. John, pm'ing you to give you a chance to respond to full post. Thx
I PM'd you back brother...
Old 07-14-2021, 01:40 PM #48
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll

Quote:
Quote:
ProPaintball.com supports the NXL as well. Financially speaking, all of our current writers have competed in the 2021 NXL series..not sure what other media group can say the same.

In addition to participating in the NXL, we also create content around the series. A recent example of this was our team writing the daily event recaps. The NXL used the recaps on NXLPaintball.com and shared them to followers via social media.

Take a look at the content we have on the website. In addition to team coverage, player movements, we regularly promote various events and cover happenings with the league.
Hey Justin - I've followed ProPaintball.com from the beginning and I take the side that more media is good for the game. I've never had a problem with ProPaintball.com. That said, I'm not a huge fan of the way this issue was handled. But that's your business and your call...

As for your contributors playing in the NXL, I don't think that is an issue good or bad. I don't see ESPN writers or MLB.com writers playing pro football or baseball. And I think what's left of the various media groups that cover the NXL have played high-level competitive paintball at one time or another.

John
Ever heard of the media outlet “Project Veritas”? Be careful, pro paintball has the insiders. The NXL and GI shills are not going to be safe! Buckle up folks, Propaintball.com is back baby!
Old 07-14-2021, 02:13 PM #49
midman112
Lawd Oh Lawd

midman112 plays in the MiLP
midman112 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
midman112 supports Team VICIOUS
midman112 plays in the APPA D4 division
Competition is a good thing and I hope that the Astra event and NXL continue to be successful in order to help grow the sport of tournament paintball.

I know there has been some contentious posting about NXL adding the open division after the announcement of the Astra event in order to poach teams, but I don't see it that way as of right now. If what has been posted so far is true, a lot of the bigger name teams (Heat, Impact, Dynasty) won't be playing at Astra so this would allow them to play a 5th pro event this season since the NXL schedule only had 4 pro level events prior to adding the open division. That is my interpretation of things as of right now and that could change depending on how things develop.

Personally, I am extremely interested to see how this all pans out. I really like the limited paint format that Astra will be using. It should lead to a lot of strategic planning, team coordination and hopefully some exciting games. Not only that, but if it goes over really well and demand for these type of events grows exponentially, it will simply force the NXL to improve. Whether that means improved venues, formats, media, prize packages, etc. I know no one is going to complain about things getting better.

I genuinely miss the early 00's of PSP, NPPL, Millenium and a multitude of successful regional leagues and would be overjoyed to see paintball get back to even a semblance of how things were then. Anyway, those are just my thoughts and I would be happy to hear what you have to say.
Pr1me Nick Hall #7
midman112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 03:21 PM #50
PBSales

Quote:
If a media company admits they are trying to help grow an event, while at the same time, making negative claims against the "other" people running a tournament, it's clearly a conflict of interest.

Also, GI holds no ownership stake in the NXL anymore....
If the other companies behavior is negative then the reporting of their actions will be negative. Don't shoot the messenger. You are getting upset with the wrong group of people.

As for GI holding no stake in the NXL I have heard all that nonsense before. I simply don't believe it. I have a bad habit of looking at a person's/companies history and actions more so than what comes out of their mouths.
Old 07-14-2021, 03:50 PM #51
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by midman112 View Post
Competition is a good thing and I hope that the Astra event and NXL continue to be successful in order to help grow the sport of tournament paintball.

I know there has been some contentious posting about NXL adding the open division after the announcement of the Astra event in order to poach teams, but I don't see it that way as of right now. If what has been posted so far is true, a lot of the bigger name teams (Heat, Impact, Dynasty) won't be playing at Astra so this would allow them to play a 5th pro event this season since the NXL schedule only had 4 pro level events prior to adding the open division. That is my interpretation of things as of right now and that could change depending on how things develop.

Personally, I am extremely interested to see how this all pans out. I really like the limited paint format that Astra will be using. It should lead to a lot of strategic planning, team coordination and hopefully some exciting games. Not only that, but if it goes over really well and demand for these type of events grows exponentially, it will simply force the NXL to improve. Whether that means improved venues, formats, media, prize packages, etc. I know no one is going to complain about things getting better.

I genuinely miss the early 00's of PSP, NPPL, Millenium and a multitude of successful regional leagues and would be overjoyed to see paintball get back to even a semblance of how things were then. Anyway, those are just my thoughts and I would be happy to hear what you have to say.
So I know heat, damage, impact and dynasty, and the Russians weren’t invited. But what about X factor? Wouldn’t this event be a conflict of interest for them if they are invited? Which I’m guessing maybe they’re not.
Old 07-14-2021, 03:58 PM #52
Legacy
Tractor Engineer

Legacy is a founding member
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
So I know heat, damage, impact and dynasty, and the Russians weren’t invited. But what about X factor? Wouldn’t this event be a conflict of interest for them if they are invited? Which I’m guessing maybe they’re not.
X factor is reffing.
Old 07-14-2021, 05:10 PM #53
(dr)

Quote:
I know there has been some contentious posting about NXL adding the open division after the announcement of the Astra event in order to poach teams, but I don't see it that way as of right now.
There was no open division prior to Astra being announced...how else are we supposed to see that? As coincidence?
(dr) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 05:59 PM #54
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
Quote:
X factor is reffing.
That’s what I figured
Old 07-15-2021, 12:38 AM #55
TuberMcGavin

So will I get to see Revo play or not
TuberMcGavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 07:31 AM #56
neweraballer76
40oz Casualty

neweraballer76 plays in the PSP
neweraballer76 supports Team VICIOUS
neweraballer76 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuberMcGavin View Post
So will I get to see Revo play or not
Most likely no. Its for the bottom 10 teams and Semi Pro.

DIRTLIFE
neweraballer76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 08:51 AM #57
midman112
Lawd Oh Lawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by (dr) View Post
There was no open division prior to Astra being announced...how else are we supposed to see that? As coincidence?
If you had kept reading you would have seen where I clearly laid out how the top pro teams will not be playing the Astra event and the NXL having the open division will allow those teams the opportunity to play another event.
Pr1me Nick Hall #7
Old 07-15-2021, 11:30 AM #58
(dr)

Quote:
If you had kept reading you would have seen where I clearly laid out how the top pro teams will not be playing the Astra event and the NXL having the open division will allow those teams the opportunity to play another event.
That has literally nothing to do with what I'm saying and I read everything you said. You're also not the first person to state that in this thread.

The added division is open, any of the teams invited to Astra could play NXL instead now.

That's why it's seen as a dick move to create the open division in response.
(dr) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 03:30 PM #59
**GP**
G.I. Sportz

**GP** is a Professional paintball player
**GP** works for a Paintball manufacturer
**GP** supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by neweraballer76 View Post
Most likely no. Its for the bottom 10 teams and Semi Pro.
I think a Revo player is getting married the same weekend

G.I. Sportz the Unfair Advantage

#PLAYPAINTBALL
**GP** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 07:56 AM #60
midman112
Lawd Oh Lawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by (dr) View Post
That has literally nothing to do with what I'm saying and I read everything you said. You're also not the first person to state that in this thread.

The added division is open, any of the teams invited to Astra could play NXL instead now.

That's why it's seen as a dick move to create the open division in response.
I can see how it could be construed as that. I guess I am able to see both sides of the coin on this one.

I don't see why or how any of the teams invited to play the Astra event could be persuaded to go play the NXL open event when there seem to be so many positives to playing the Astra event.

Time will tell.
Pr1me Nick Hall #7
Old 07-19-2021, 01:17 PM #61
RORplayer44

RORplayer44 is a Supporting Member
RORplayer44 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
RORplayer44 plays in the MiLP
I hope all the NXL owners are barred from having any touch with this. **** GI too.
Old 07-27-2021, 07:48 AM #62
F1ipFREAK
NE Rebellion

F1ipFREAK plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
F1ipFREAK plays in the APPA D3 division
I don't believe it's been posted yet, but here are the teams competing in this event.

AC: Dallas
AC: Diesel
SD Aftermath
Columbus LVL
MLKings
NRG Elite
Seattle Uprising
Mutiny
Blast Camp
New England Hurricanes

I wish they were doing a live stream because some of these games will be awesome to watch live.
Old 07-27-2021, 07:51 AM #63
Noa Bo
Back Center = Bad Back

Annual Supporting Member
Noa Bo plays in the APPA D3 division
I’m looking forward to the post production games to be viewed.
-Operation Paintball [ woodsball and speedball ]
-DBS Pro Shop and Outdoor Field
-Ryan Podesta Gunfightersports.com
-Dye Precision
-Shocker Paintball and DLX Technologies
-Trademygun.com
-Virtue Paintball- Built To Win
https://virtuepb.com/?sca_ref=667267.6PUbRPX1na
-Adrenaline Paintball
2021 Setups Powered with Powerhouse Regs
-Dye DSR, Powerhouse HAYMKR Extended Reg, 68ci Tank, and CTRL Loader. [ speedball ]
-FLE Emek, Powerhouse HAYMKR Reg, 68ci Tank, and Dye Rotor. [ woodsball]
2021 Speedball Team Gun’s 4 Hire: Fight Club and Minigunz
Noa Bo is online now   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.