Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-02-2021, 08:59 PM #1
FrankenMajor

Tiny Ramrod leak... (I mean tiny) Help?

Warped Sports Dark Angel LCD Im Restoring to factory from a very bad mod job. I got everything done but I'm stuck, and it seems easy to fix (or should be) but I can't figure it out... I have a tiny leak sounds like right behind the hammer on the ram rod. I pulled it out the back and broke it open, changed the o rings inside and changed them outside on the entire rod, sealed it with loc tight again and it's still leaking, it cycles but with almost no pressure, don't think it's the reg, or LPR, the solenoid seals were dry a bit but it seems to be holding tight there too. So I can't stop that annoying tiny leak (it's tinyyy) and and no pressure despite normal adjusting... Any ideas guys?
FrankenMajor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-02-2021, 10:58 PM #2
FrankenMajor

Oh the ram sounds like it's hitting HARD when it cycles. When I turn the reg pressure down it won't smack but won't have pressure obviously.
FrankenMajor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 12:01 AM #3
dr.strangelove
The Angel Eye Doctor

has been a member for 10 years
Your leak could be from the ram piston o-ring, front ram body o-ring, or even possibly from the ram body cap itself. You will notice a "seam" for lack of a better term in the ram body. This is where the front cap threads into the center of the ram body. From the factory it is cemented in place with red Loctite, but it can deteriorate over time and leak (although it's the least likely source of a leak in that area). Separating the front and middle ram sections is difficult. The best method is to clamp the ram body in a vise using soft wood or leather to protect the ram from the jaws, then clamp the front of the ram similarly in a vise grips/locking wrench. Heat the junction very generously with a butane torch or grill lighter and then turn the vise grips/locking wrench counter-clockwise. If you damage the ram body at all with the jaws of the vise or locking wrench, you can use a file to smooth it out. As long as you don't damage the o-ring gland, the only important thing about the ram body is that there isn't a protrusion significant enough to scratch the body of the gun when you install it.

As to your other problem with the ram failing to properly cycle, you most likely have not properly set the snap ring adjustment. Pages 12-13 of the manual describe the process of setting the snap ring. In short, you will need to hold the ram body in place using needle nose pliers, snap ring pliers, or the ram adjustment tool if you have it, then use a hex key to turn the hex nut in the center of the ram clockwise while dryfiring until the ram stops cycling. Back the hex nut out 1/4 turn and you're all set.

Before you do that, you will also need to ensure that your ram stroke is properly set. To do that, simply install the ram, then close the rotobreech and open it again. If you do not feel any resistance when opening and closing the rotobreech, turn the ram body clockwise while continuing to open and close the rotobreech until you feel a slight resistance or "click" when opening and closing the rotobreech. The "click" is the bolt pin meeting the back side of the hammer. If the ram stroke is improperly adjusted so that it is meeting the front side of the hammer you can have some cycling issues.
dr.strangelove is offline   Reply With Quote