Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-01-2021, 07:44 PM #1
FrankenMajor

Angel people are smarter!!!!

So I own a dark lcd but i am posting this in the angel section because it seems that people in the smart parts shocker section don't know what they're talking about. I have a smart parts shocker sft octane with a virtual LED board in it when I gas it up it blows out tons of air from under the grip and I don't know why all I did was put a dwell to 18 and the trigger sensitivity to medium on the board and I changed out the old asa for a new asa. When I put the new ASA on I started to leak.... Any help
A
FrankenMajor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-02-2021, 07:50 PM #2
boarder2k7
Tippmann Pride

has been a member for 10 years
Take the tank off the Shocker and it will stop leaking.

Put the tank on the Angel, put the SP gear in the trash where it belongs, and go play

Seriously though, you're asking a question in the wrong section looking for help on a gun maybe no one here owns? My first guess is to undo whatever you did and see if the problem persists. You changed the ASA and now it leaks, but it was fine before? If you changed something and now it's broken, chances are you broke it...

Edit: Are you sure it's from under the grip? I looked it up and there's nothing in there that should be leaking http://www.zdspb.com/tech/mguide/sho..._solenoid.html
Tippmann speedballer #15....
Sign up for www.tippmannowners.com leave refferer as boarder2k7 and you will be my hero!
Feedback
More feedback

Last edited by boarder2k7 : 04-02-2021 at 08:19 PM.
boarder2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 11:21 PM #3
Dawscaus
Killin For The Razorbacks

Dawscaus plays in the PSP
Dawscaus plays in the MiLP
Dawscaus is an NCPA player
Dawscaus plays in the APPA D5 division
the manifold could be leaking. the zdsb.com leak posted by boarder2k7 is the best place for info.
Dawscaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 11:26 PM #4
Dawscaus
Killin For The Razorbacks

Dawscaus plays in the PSP
Dawscaus plays in the MiLP
Dawscaus is an NCPA player
Dawscaus plays in the APPA D5 division
http://www.zdspb.com/tech/mguide/sho...ifoldleak.html

http://www.zdspb.com/tech/mguide/sho...neumatics.html
Dawscaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 11:14 PM #5
Dr Furtrix

is playing at Living Legends XI
Um, ok. Post in correct forum. You'll get a mixed bag there just as you may here regarding angel help. No one here is vetted and certified to answer tech questions about these old girls. Some know more than others, while some know nothing but love to give opinions. As a member of both communities and more, it's the same everywhere you go. As mentioned by many already, Andy's website is a fantastic source of Smart Parts information.

Before I did anything, personally I would verify that I have less than 200 psi for sure coming out of my HPR, and that my HPR isn't creeping or malfunctioning causing a domino effect in safety venting the solenoid. You may have stirred up some crap by messing with the macroline/asa that perhaps worked it's way into the reg seat. Perhaps your reg seat failed. Regardless, I'd check this before doing anything further to prevent causing any unnecessary damage.

Remove your trigger frame, unfasten your asa from the frame but leave it hooked up to you reg by macroline. Air it up, leak check with soapy bubbles to really narrow down the leak point. If it's leaking inside the frame , you need to dig deeper like this because there are numerous potential leak points there (solenoid/manifold, grub screw, etc.)

Check pressure/regulator off your list, move onto locating the leak and go from there if it still persists.

Last edited by Dr Furtrix : 04-05-2021 at 10:38 PM.
Dr Furtrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 11:43 PM #6
Dr Furtrix

is playing at Living Legends XI
I can't find the mentioned post in the Smart Parts section. You mentioned changing a bolt guide in combination with a Pooty bolt in a reply to another members post. If your going to ask for help, do so in the appropriate section. Did this happen or is this just unnecessarily dramatic?
Dr Furtrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 11:38 PM #7
dr.strangelove
The Angel Eye Doctor

has been a member for 10 years
ZDSPB is, indeed, the go-to resource for Shockers. The leak you're describing is most likely to be from overpressurizing the solenoid, a leak from the manifold, or a leak from the solenoid itself. If you remove the solenoid during the course of service, be very, very careful tightening the screws that hold the solenoid to the manifold. If you overtighten them by a nanonewton the manifold threading likes to strip out.
dr.strangelove is offline   Reply With Quote