PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-22-2021, 07:42 PM #1
FrankenMajor

I need a angel pro, please help!

Hey all,
Angel LCD Cycling but no Velocity............. I just got this gun and it was leaking all over the place, from the noid area/breach/minireg. Anyways, I went through and relubed the noid/gaskets, replaced the ram orings, lubed/set the LPR to 6 bar (90ish psi?), fixed the minireg leak. and got the gun cycling again, with just a slight leak out of the breech/rammer area.

Now the gun is cycling, but it feels like there is almost zero air making it down the barrel. One thing i do notice when it is cycling, it seems like there is a pretty strong burst of air shooting out the right side between the body and frame, right above the trigger area, strong enough that it will blow my finger back if it is resting there. It's not leaking there, it only happens when the gun cycles. Not sure if that is normal or not.

I've tried adjusting the minireg, upping the dwell from 14 to about 19 (lucky un1chip board w/ stock dm chip), replacing the battery and I am using a high pressure tank as well.

I'm kinda stumped as this is the first angel ive owned and messed with in a loooooooong time. I was thinking the rammer may not be hitting the valve or something of that nature. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

UPDATE: SO IT WAS THE GASKET BETWEEN THE NOID AND FRAME IT WAS BACKWARDS.... BUT, NOW IM BACK TO HAVING A SLIGHT LEAK FROM THE NOID AREA EVEN THIUGH ITS CYCLES GREAT NIW I FIXED THE GASKET AND FLIPPED IT. ANY IDEAS ABIUT THE LEAK? I WENT THROUGH IT ALL I THINK.
FrankenMajor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-24-2021, 12:17 AM #2
dr.strangelove
The Angel Eye Doctor

has been a member for 10 years
Backwards 'noid gasket is a classic. Pretty sure every single person who has owned an Angel from that era has made that mistake at least once

The persistent leak is probably just from the gasket being worn. Unfortunately, they do wear out eventually. If there are deep grooves in the gasket corresponding to the shape of the manifold, it's likely the gasket could use replacing.
dr.strangelove is offline   Reply With Quote