Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2022, 02:33 PM #7330
ironyusa

has been a member for 10 years
ironyusa works for a Paintball manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stealthy View Post
Is the Zick different from the previous LVs? I must have missed that detail.
Looks the same to me. It was always a great feature.

METHOD Development
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-15-2022, 07:47 PM #7331
Noa Bo
Igtofts

Noa Bo plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Papa Pink View Post
As you can see they are fairly close. The grip angle seems to be very close if not identical to my other LVs.

The new Cure bolt allows for the use of the new internal soft tips instead of the old soft tips that could swell. The new soft tip is really neat and seems to work exceptionally well.

Yes, the new insert will work in the Geo 4 and CS2 soft tip bolts.
Ty Kevin. Good info leading up to my decision buying one. Still a little on the fence but whatever. Just looking for excuses not to drop 1600 I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milkstache View Post
Moving to an internal insert brings it in line with the other PE designs which addresses the soft tip potentially swelling. LV1.6's still have the soft tip that grips on the outside of the bolt instead of being an internal insert.

Iirc there was some discussion in here about open-face vs closed-face bolt design. The open face had better efficiency but closed-face handled roll-backs better. The new design seemed like a good crossover of the two designs. Small nubs to help with rollbacks but less material in the middle to obstruct air-flow. I liked it. Hopefully someone chimes in if I'm off.

The grip angles look really good (nice Heroines edition too). When I switch from my Geo 4 to my LV1.6 I really notice the difference in ergonomics. I definitely prefer the Geo 4 grip setup so I'm looking forward to trying an LV2.
I think your right. I had hunch it was for those reasons- just wanted to see if it was information from the field to the laboratory that led to the changes/improvements.

Facebook posts I’m reading, I’m seeing nothing but good things being reported. There are a few things I’m looking to verify when I get my hands on one. First one is the shot quality- better then the LV1.6? Efficiency is another- can I get 10 pods from my 68? And ergos of course. And I’m genuinely interested in the new barrel kit, and I think others want to hear our thoughts on it as well.

Jack has reason to be pretty happy. He’ll be returning to the states to catch the action, and seeing his creation destroy the competition. Will a PE team win Philly while using the new LV2? I don’t know but that would be great for sales if it did...
Old 06-15-2022, 09:28 PM #7332
Noa Bo
Igtofts

John, will Dye do one more run of new colors for the M3+ before the Paragon gets released? I’m hoping a dust black gets made before the end of that marker’s run. Also can you give us any hints if the eye pipe will evolve one more time, for the next matrix/paragon?
Old 06-15-2022, 10:12 PM #7333
Mr. Stealthy

Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noa Bo View Post
John, will Dye do one more run of new colors for the M3+ before the Paragon gets released? I’m hoping a dust black gets made before the end of that marker’s run. Also can you give us any hints if the eye pipe will evolve one more time, for the next matrix/paragon?
Ooooohhhh….Dust black would look really good.
Old 06-16-2022, 05:08 AM #7334
Noa Bo
Igtofts

^right? Although that army colorway keeps tempting me.

Ironmen Status?
Does anyone have the scoop on Nick Slowiak? I see he’s not rostered for Philly. But Brandon Short is!
Old 06-16-2022, 06:43 AM #7335
ironyusa

Quote:
I don't know about colors, honestly. You could always call the office, because those guys have the next colorways on their wall.

As for the eyepipe... If it's not obvious by now - I listen to customers. Sometimes there is a significant advantage to a particular design and it becomes a balancing act to find what the customers want and to optimize the performance and manufacturability of a product. I cannot make any promises on timeline, but I am always looking to improve our products. I have pretty well finalized a design that I think people will appreciate.

METHOD Development
Old 06-16-2022, 06:56 AM #7336
imped4now
BTFU

imped4now owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
imped4now supports Ninja Paintball
Noa,

I foresee the whole "eye pipe debate" ending with the next iteration, and that doesn't mean I foresee the eye pipe going bye bye. I believe John will magnify/exploit the strengths of the concept while eliminating the weaknesses from previous iterations.

Lurker27:
As far as I can tell, both Dye and PE don't have real issues with their britches"
Jack Wood: I certainly have no issue with my trousers. You're 100% correct there, Ryan.."
Old 06-16-2022, 07:28 AM #7337
ironyusa

Quote:
Ironmen Status?
Does anyone have the scoop on Nick Slowiak? I see he’s not rostered for Philly. But Brandon Short is!
I talked to him yesterday morning before he left for the airport. As far as I know, he'll be there.

METHOD Development
Old 06-16-2022, 07:31 AM #7338
cyberpyr8
walkthefield.com

cyberpyr8 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
cyberpyr8 owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
cyberpyr8 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
That's great news. I'm honestly excited for the next generation of markers coming out in the (hopefully) near future.
Clothes: Custom Carbon Zero More Coverage Mask | Carbon SC base layer | Jersey Clinics Jerseys | CK Hefe 2.5 Bandana Pants | Shulook Hiking Shoes
Field Gear: 37in. Husky Tool Box | PE Gun Bags | 10x10 Tent | Guru Gun Stands | USB Fans
Home Field: Hoppers, Savannah GA
Previous Gear
Old 06-16-2022, 07:42 AM #7339
SYSTEM
Notomated

SYSTEM is a Mega Moderator
SYSTEM is a Supporting Member
SYSTEM donated to help Peyton Trent
SYSTEM supports Bob Gurnsey
Thread has over 2000 posts. Continue here: https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=6050647
This SYSTEM user account is not controlled by a person. It's primary function is to automatically split large threads. System also masks the identity of staff members who give infractions. If you have a question, or if SYSTEM becomes self-aware, please post it in the Talk to Mods/Admins section.
Closed Thread