PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-14-2020, 08:59 AM #1975
Noa Bo
Back Center = Bad Back

Annual Supporting Member
Noa Bo plays in the APPA D3 division
Constant and force fed is the ****, but- the R3 needs to release soon... The Rotor has some advantages for sure but the Spire III clearly raised the bar altogether. Needs to be: easier to take apart and put back to back together ( especially on the field ), have a better speed feed, get rid of the ability to make it go from normal capacity to high capacity, and able to feed a whole pods worth without not having enough room for it and the small amount of paint still left in there.
-KC Crusaders [ woodsball and speedball ]

2020 Setup:
-Prime XTS, Powerhouse Haymkr Reg, HK 80/4500 Tank, Spire 3 Loader, and Dye UL-s barrel. [ speedball ]
-Gtek M170R, Powerhouse Haymkr Reg, HK 80/4500 Tank, Dye R2 Loader, and Dye UL-s barrel. [ woodsball ]
Noa Bo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-14-2020, 05:04 PM #1976
Big Papa Pink
High-end Aficionado

Annual Supporting Member
Big Papa Pink is BST Legit
Big Papa Pink owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Big Papa Pink owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
Big Papa Pink owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek MG100
Big Papa Pink supports DLX Technology
Is it PBE yet? It seems like it is soooooooo far away yet right around the corner.

Current Dark Side Markers:
Active: Several Markers
Active Reserve: Many, Many More
Retired from Active Service: A Few limited edition yet fully functional markers
Big Papa Pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 05:59 PM #1977
Noa Bo
Back Center = Bad Back

Annual Supporting Member
Feeling frustrated atm. Cannot seem to dial in my Prime XTS. Going to try two things soon and see how it goes. One is dialing back the software programming back to the previous version? And the other is to replace some orings in the can/keg ( inner ) since the stock orings seem to be trash. So close to giving up on it.

We wrapped up our 3 Man event and it was fun but continually breaking paint is never fun. I swapped out the Prime for my DyeLab DSR and it took over like a boss. Almost same barrel bore size ( but not same barrel ), and had zero breaks, and I just started making things happen with it. Gun fighting no problems. Lanes no problem. My old DSR Iím about to do a complete oring rebuild, it deserves it and. Honestly I should know by now that the old DSR and the line itself is and has been my ultimate go to when things go south. Shame on me for abandoning it for a new experience, I think Iím going back. ( Sigh )
-KC Crusaders [ woodsball and speedball ]

2020 Setup:
-Prime XTS, Powerhouse Haymkr Reg, HK 80/4500 Tank, Spire 3 Loader, and Dye UL-s barrel. [ speedball ]
-Gtek M170R, Powerhouse Haymkr Reg, HK 80/4500 Tank, Dye R2 Loader, and Dye UL-s barrel. [ woodsball ]
Noa Bo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 06:10 PM #1978
KronicCocker

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noa Bo View Post
Feeling frustrated atm. Cannot seem to dial in my Prime XTS. Going to try two things soon and see how it goes. One is dialing back the software programming back to the previous version? And the other is to replace some orings in the can/keg ( inner ) since the stock orings seem to be trash. So close to giving up on it.

We wrapped up our 3 Man event and it was fun but continually breaking paint is never fun. I swapped out the Prime for my DyeLab DSR and it took over like a boss. Almost same barrel bore size ( but not same barrel ), and had zero breaks, and I just started making things happen with it. Gun fighting no problems. Lanes no problem. My old DSR Iím about to do a complete oring rebuild, it deserves it and. Honestly I should know by now that the old DSR and the line itself is and has been my ultimate go to when things go south. Shame on me for abandoning it for a new experience, I think Iím going back. ( Sigh )
That sucks man. Iím seriously considering picking up an xts. I wish the dsr foregrip was spaced a little more, I just canít get used it. Keep us posted on how you make out with the prime.
KronicCocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 02:22 AM #1979
Mr. Charlie
Dye DSR, M2, M3

Mr. Charlie owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Do you have some different Orings you can try installing?

Have you checked the fit of the Bolt with both inner Can Orings?

To do this:

Remove Bolt & Can, slide Bolt in Can backwards both ways (through the front and back of the Can). The fit should be pretty tight and not loose at all through both of the Inner Orings.
Old 02-17-2020, 07:51 AM #1980
imped4now
BTFU

imped4now owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
imped4now supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Charlie View Post
Do you have some different Orings you can try installing?

Have you checked the fit of the Bolt with both inner Can Orings?

To do this:

Remove Bolt & Can, slide Bolt in Can backwards both ways (through the front and back of the Can). The fit should be pretty tight and not loose at all through both of the Inner Orings.
I've already talked to him about this.

I'd like to see Noa give it one more try with non-crap dynamic orings and software version 1.16 (both issues with 1.17 can effect paint handling) before giving up. He's using extremely brittle (and seemingly compromised) paint, so zero issues shouldn't be expected. With that said, I've yet to have a breech break in any of my Primes and I play more in cold conditions than warm weather, but when I do play in warm temps it's extremely humid. I just played last weekend in sub-freezing temps and went through 3 cases of Graffiti with zero breaks. In those conditions everything matters, from how you store the paint, how you load pods, loader settings, and marker settings.
imped4now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 09:06 AM #1981
ironyusa
John - conscious paradox

ironyusa works for a Paintball manufacturer
Noa,
I, for one, would love to see you back to shooting the DSR. I still think it's one of the best guns on the market from an objective sense. I hope that when the platform is revised that some of the common complaints are addressed in a satisfactory manner and that performance can be further advanced (tests have been VERY promising.)

I had a discussion with Billy and would have been a tech at Vegas had I not already made plans with my wife that weekend. I am hoping to get back in the dye tent maybe by Round Rock.

Frmr pntbl ngnr [/crbnspk]
ironyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 11:47 AM #1982
Mr. Charlie
Dye DSR, M2, M3

^Nice!

Sounds like another DSR type marker is in the works then...

I played with my DSR+ yesterday and it performed perfectly. A few people commented on how quiet it is with the UL-S.
Old 02-17-2020, 12:02 PM #1983
k1rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironyusa View Post
Noa,
I, for one, would love to see you back to shooting the DSR. I still think it's one of the best guns on the market from an objective sense. I hope that when the platform is revised that some of the common complaints are addressed in a satisfactory manner and that performance can be further advanced (tests have been VERY promising.)

I had a discussion with Billy and would have been a tech at Vegas had I not already made plans with my wife that weekend. I am hoping to get back in the dye tent maybe by Round Rock.
DSR 2!

Wooooooooo
k1rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 02:21 PM #1984
Big Papa Pink
High-end Aficionado

Annual Supporting Member
Big Papa Pink is BST Legit
Big Papa Pink owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Big Papa Pink owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
Big Papa Pink owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek MG100
Big Papa Pink supports DLX Technology
I miss my DSRs. I still have them, but I just don’t get to shoot them much these days. Maybe I need to knock the rust off them and give them a spin.

Current Dark Side Markers:
Active: Several Markers
Active Reserve: Many, Many More
Retired from Active Service: A Few limited edition yet fully functional markers
Big Papa Pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 07:43 PM #1985
Noa Bo
Back Center = Bad Back

Annual Supporting Member
“People keep asking me if I’m back.

Yeah I’m starting to think I’m back.”
-John Wick

@John,
Just replaced every oring on the bolt of my first DSR and it’s shooting money. Still prefer a heavier and longer barrel for balancing and aiming purposes. Up next is the M3+, it’s going to get a fresh set of orings and whatever else it needs. Wednesday the NXL Las Vegas layout drops and that is what we’re playing on this upcoming Saturday- the first Ninjaball event of the year. I need to talk to Billy and Chris but yeah, I’m thinking I’m back ( shooting a DSR ). I’d also love to attend the NXL Vegas event at the Dye booth but kind of gauging the wife’s reaction ( I’ve been playing a lot again ) and work.

@imped,
The Primes need those two things mentioned. I suspect it’s an oring problem in the can and the software program. I just wanted another simple and steady press and play type of year but I’m getting grumpy. I’ll revisit them after Ninjaball but that’s a disappointment, all this time invested was supposed to lead up to Saturday. The Dye stuff I’m super familiar with getting them ready quickly and they’re super easy to work with.

DSR 2?? I’m hoping for good things. I fear too much change and the platform not feeling familiar anymore.

@Kevin,
Always fun to revisit these machines.