PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-11-2020, 04:28 PM #1
21killer
FEP Tech

has been a member for 10 years
anyone remember Empire RF hoppers?

so back in the day (2008) when i was getting into the sport heavy, the big talk was the empire "halo" series hoppers. they could feed insane bps rates and were fairly reliable. then came the empire "magna drive" which used a bunch of magnets and a metal plate as a sort of clutch system to prevent ball breakage and jamming. one of the key features that sold me on the magna drive was the fact it had a "RF" chip you could plug into your guns board and it would send a signal to the loader every time the solenoid was activated via trigger. these things fed up to a crazy number of 50bps or something like that.
fast forward to present day as im attempting to come back to the sport and its almost like the halos and magna drive never even existed? im assuming that lowering the ROF cap was part of this issue but to not have any tech that comes close to that since all the modern hoppers still used sound/vibration boards to feed is odd to me. seems like the RF tech has come and gone although it still works flawlessly (i just fired up all my old equipment)

anyone have any insight?
Advertisement
Old 02-11-2020, 05:13 PM #2
cfl mike
Jesus is cool

cfl mike owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
cfl mike owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
cfl mike supports Team VICIOUS
cfl mike has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Well as far as I know it was the Draxxus Pulse that first had R/F technology, but good luck finding those, I still have one and they are really cool. Then the first hopper that Empire had, that came with R/F stock was the Magna. They continued it through the Prophecies as well, expect for the Z2, Im not sure if the Z2 had R/F.

I think the reason R/F faded out was 1 the sport has downsized tremendously so there isn't as much money in these niche technologies. People I think were never all that keen on installing the R/F chips in their markers, not that it was hard. I wish more companies would have done what Hater did with their Hater Boards, where if you had the marker board, you could get the upgrade board for your Halo and it would automatically R/F together. Then there is that fact no one cares about ROF anymore apparently.

R/F is still king to any other kind of hopper activation, it can provide the highest rates of fire too. I think where it would still be useful is in semi-auto play. With semi-auto play you can get real inconsistent streams of paint and I think that's where R/F shines. Try doing a burst with a Spire 3 (one of the top of the line hoppers these days) and a Prophecy or Pulse with R/F; its a night and day difference.

There is the Rotor that can pretty much do 50BPS on its own, but I would still take R/F if I had the option. R/F just has the ability to get the hopper moving before the marker is even done cycling therefore always granting that the next ball will always be ready for the next shot.

Why do people do this wanna-be hk thing? I mean hk people dont even play paintball, they just whine and start drama while wearing the ugliest stuff. Seriously you find light blue and pink to be attractive colors for your parents 1500 dollar investment (your gun/marker)? If you want to whine keep it off the field and save it for the internet; O wait! THATS EXACTLY WHAT YOU DO! Haha, if you don't play then don't whine.

Sell me your G6R (and Halo) upgrades/parts, because you wont get anything for them if you sell/trade them with the gun.
https://www.pbnation.com/showthread....#post100100397
cfl mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 09:19 PM #3
21killer
FEP Tech

exactly!! the RF chip was way more efficient, easier on paint and it could actually keep up with high rates of fire. i loved the force feed system and how it was always one step ahead of the gun vs being a step behind like the moderns ones are. they are especially annoying when you are running across the field and all you can hear is the hopper going nuts thinking its supposed to feed because it hears noise/senses movement. you would think that with the tech out there today like color led/O-led and guns that literally talk to you that some sort of RF/bluetooth tech would be standard equipment. especially since the newer hoppers are using old tech to feed slower rates but somehow they cost more than the older models that were jam packed with innovation and tech not to mention they could handle high ROF and consistent bursts
Old 02-12-2020, 04:39 AM #4
Mr. Charlie
Dye DSR, M2, M3

Mr. Charlie owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Mr. Charlie owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
The Spires are not force-fed and are trash in my opinion, I’m not sure how people like them considering that they are loud and inconsistent in feeding, not to mention that they can’t feed over 13 BPS consistently.

The better force-fed modern Loaders are (IMO) the Dye LTR and HK Army TFX 2.

Those old Loaders are ok but they are more bulky, harder to take apart, and lack some of the features that the newer Loaders have.
Old 02-12-2020, 11:45 AM #5
EvilDragonX
Monster Xer0

EvilDragonX owns a Planet Eclipse - Gtek 170r
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Charlie View Post
The Spires are not force-fed and are trash in my opinion, Iím not sure how people like them considering that they are loud and inconsistent in feeding, not to mention that they canít feed over 13 BPS consistently.

The better force-fed modern Loaders are (IMO) the Dye LTR and HK Army TFX 2.

Those old Loaders are ok but they are more bulky, harder to take apart, and lack some of the features that the newer Loaders have.
Speaking of force fed I still have my torque. lol

But i all seriousness I had the empire hopper (or board can't remember exactly) that was sound activated. That thing would always feed, never jam and could easily keep up with any bps.
EvilDragonX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 04:57 PM #6
Paul77
Can't find my old account

Annual Supporting Member
Paul77 supports DLX Technology
rf/bt was a means of triggering the feed system. RF was faster in responding and had almost 0 delay, where bt has a slight dealy. i still believe this was superior to an flex sensor, bb eyes, stack tension metering, sound sensor, g force senor. it meant when i shoot i feed. old loaders from the bps arms race days were very very fast. i had an old moded vlo jr that was just berserk. it would feed paint into a marker shooting 32bps flawlessly. BUT all those loaders would crush paint in the stack.

If we everyone on board with rf as the low power communication to the loader and bt to be able to adjust the settings that would be the next level in my eyes. combined with the newer soft touch loaders like the spire's, vsl, tfx2.